Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    201D7821-7DB8-472F-8375-7895A38BF5A4-4134-0000023184E024D0_zps97bdd127.jpg

Possible foreshadowing of Walts end

Sheeeeeeeeeet. Yeah, Walt is clearly dead. No way around it. Hoping he is coming back to save his family/Jesse.

The timing is strange with him having a full head of hair and beard and all. What pulls him back that far in the future?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Holy fuck. Like someone said earlier in the thread, I totally thought either Skylar or Walter Jr. was going to get stabbed accidentally when Walt and Skylar were wrestling each other on the ground. What an episode. I couldn't fall asleep until after midnight after watching that.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Another amazing episode....holy shit... :shock: :shock:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i only got to watch the first half last night, my wife got so pissed after they killed hank she threw the controller and stormed off into the bed room :lol::lol::lol: I've been married long enough to know to follow her and put on some Big Bang Theory, she swears she's not watching the last two episodes, and i thought i was into it? :crazy: :crazy:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Sheeeeeeeeeet. Yeah, Walt is clearly dead. No way around it. Hoping he is coming back to save his family/Jesse.

The timing is strange with him having a full head of hair and beard and all. What pulls him back that far in the future?

He's dying and doesn't have much time left remember he was coughing in the bathroom when he bought the gun. If the timeline is 8 months I think it's a stretch to assume Jesse is still alive and even if he is after everything that went down I don't see him coming back just to save him. I think he comes back to take revenge after jacks crew takes out his family on Lydia's request. I think the line everyone dies in this movie when he was watching scarface with jr says all you need to know about how this ends.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He's dying and doesn't have much time left remember he was coughing in the bathroom when he bought the gun. If the timeline is 8 months I think it's a stretch to assume Jesse is still alive and even if he is after everything that went down I don't see him coming back just to save him. I think he comes back to take revenge after jacks crew takes out his family on Lydia's request. I think the line everyone dies in this movie when he was watching scarface with jr says all you need to know about how this ends.

Good points. Yeah, that Scarface quote is looming pretty big.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Where is the 8 months coming from? I thought it was less than that. How fast does hair grow?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Who do we think the risin is for? On that Talking Bad show after, Bill Hader suggested he thinks it is for Lydia for reasons yet to be seen because the show has always made a focus on her tea, whether it be the mug, her drinking it, or how she likes it.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783

Good points. It is hard to see anything bringing Walt back to Abq at this point. But his family getting killed is definitely something that would bring him back. I can't even imagine what is going to happen in these next 2 episodes. And I can't fucking wait!!
  • Options
    JK here's the 8 month timeline

In Season 5 Episode 4 Walt celebrates his 51st birthday and in the season 5 premiere he arranges the bacon for his 52nd the timeline from last nights episode until the scence at Denny's would be roughly about 8 months from everything I've read. The only thing we know is Walt goes to NH and his family has moved out or has been killed and he has been publically outed as Heisenberg. I assume they will fill in the gaps in the next episode before the finale.
  • Options

Good points. It is hard to see anything bringing Walt back to Abq at this point. But his family getting killed is definitely something that would bring him back. I can't even imagine what is going to happen in these next 2 episodes. And I can't fucking wait!!

I can live with everyone dying but I hope they don't kill the baby, that would be a tough one to swallow.
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 550
    So, Jack and his crew are going to want to get the confession tape that Hank and Jesse made. Assuming that Jesse told them were it was (Hank's house) when he was getting it beaten out of him, I'd imagine Marie might not make it next week.

I'm wondering what causes them to destroy Walt's house though?

Killing Walt's family would definitely bring him out of hiding, but I think that the combination of them killing Hank (further destroying his family) and that they have most of his money, will bring him back. Discovering that Jesse is held captive probably isn't his motivation to have that big gun. And I agree with Hader that Lydia is getting the ricin.

All of that being said, last nights episode was brilliant, unbelievable, awful, and devastating.

Walt Jr and Holly scenes were tough to watch. As well as when Jesse was dragged out from underneath the car and looking at Walt like he was saying please don't do this.
    And the numerous moments in the show when Walt was Walter White and not Heisenberg. Although those didn't last too long.
    -the look he gave Jesse just before he told him about Jane
    -when he yelled "we're a family" after the scuffle with Skylar
    -pleading with Hank before he was shot and his break down after
    -holding Holly in the bathroom when she said mama
    -losing it on the phone as Walt while Heisenberg spoke to Skylar

All of these are "what have I done" moments, though most are immediately followed by snapping back into Heisenberg mode
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    How do we know the gang destroyed the house it could've been a bunch of kids. Great point about the disk I think that's got to be the trigger for them to go after Walts family.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    i still have a feeling,its a plan..and skyler is in..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    What was the point of Walt telling Jesse about watching Jane die?
    He knew at that point they were going to let Jesse live for a little while at least, so they could get the info they wanted out of him... so what exactly was the point of Walt's confession to Jesse? Just in case they don't kill Jesse, Walt can feel he got some sort of revenge against him, for having let Jesse know of that?

The part with Holly in the car, and Walt outside... Was he playing with a match or lighter? Man I thought he was gonna torch the car w/ Holly in it before they showed her inside. I'd have to hate Walt if he did that, tho its pretty damn hard to like him still after last night's episode. Im pretty sure if they killed Jesse last night that way I would have started hating Walt. I thought they were gonna do it. I can't believe they spared him, and now I'm not sure whats worse. Watching Jesse die or watching Jesse be tortured. Some seriously good acting on Aaron Paul's part last night.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    What was the point of Walt telling Jesse about watching Jane die?
    He knew at that point they were going to let Jesse live for a little while at least, so they could get the info they wanted out of him... so what exactly was the point of Walt's confession to Jesse? Just in case they don't kill Jesse, Walt can feel he got some sort of revenge against him, for having let Jesse know of that?

He wants Jesse to suffer. He blames him for Hank getting killed.
  • Options

I'm gonna go the opposite way. I think Skylar is out. Walt may save her or something along those lines and she may end up with some money (although I think she would have a hard time keeping it), but their relationship is over, I think.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It's funny that Todd saved Jessies life or he would have been shot.

Now they are using Jessie to help solidify their cooking product.

Question, why is everyone thinking Walt would use the ricin on Lydia? Why would he want her dead?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm gonna go the opposite way. I think Skylar is out. Walt may save her or something along those lines and she may end up with some money (although I think she would have a hard time keeping it), but their relationship is over, I think.

Yeah, she's definitely "out". I do think she knew what Walt was doing when on the phone with the cops listening in. Getting her off the hook so they wouldn't look into her, the business, etc.

I do wonder if Walt taking Holly was just to show...further proof of his display to the police that he's unstable and all events were his doing or if in fact he changed his mind when Holly said "mama" and realized there was no point in keeping her and putting her life in jeopardy.
  • Options
    How do we know the gang destroyed the house it could've been a bunch of kids. Great point about the disk I think that's got to be the trigger for them to go after Walts family.

It looks more abandoned that destroyed.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

Question, why is everyone thinking Walt would use the ricin on Lydia? Why would he want her dead?

I think Walt realizes or will come to find out that Lydia is running the show. She wants to run her own meth business...she probably told the gang to go out to the site despite what Walt said. She's a hell of a lot smarter than those nazi guys. She probably found out that he gave them specific coordinates and knew there had to be more to it. When Uncle Jack said "who gives coordinates, when you could have just said take a left on highway 10, etc."...I'm pretty sure Lydia realized there had to be some serious value to that location (money, meth storage, etc.) She knew Walt was up against the wall, completely defenseless and nothing he could do. Perfect time to send the boys.
    It wasn't until they got there they realized they just killed a Federal Agent and certainly couldn't let another one go. Uncle Jack figured Jesse was expendable too but Todd stepped up and realized his value as far as information and his ability to make a better product...which Lydia give him shit about during the last episode. Todd will likely have him cook, learn from him then get rid of him.
    I wonder if in the near future Walt finds out/hears about blue meth being produced again and immediately realizes they haven't killed Jesse as he's the only one who knows how to make it. He then connects the dots and goes after the gang and Lydia.
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 550
    JK_Livin wrote:

It looks more abandoned that destroyed.

I guess it could be kids. If this story ends up all over the news and the "Heisenberg" legend grows, then I could totally see kids doing it. I just initially assumed it was Jacks crew.

Keep in mind that I've been wrong in my thinking for just about everything except Jesse getting kidnapped to cook for the neo-nazis. :lol:
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

I think Walt realizes or will come to find out that Lydia is running the show. She wants to run her own meth business...she probably told the gang to go out to the site despite what Walt said. She's a hell of a lot smarter than those nazi guys. She probably found out that he gave them specific coordinates and knew there had to be more to it. When Uncle Jack said "who gives coordinates, when you could have just said take a left on highway 10, etc."...I'm pretty sure Lydia realized there had to be some serious value to that location (money, meth storage, etc.) She knew Walt was up against the wall, completely defenseless and nothing he could do. Perfect time to send the boys.
    It wasn't until they got there they realized they just killed a Federal Agent and certainly couldn't let another one go. Uncle Jack figured Jesse was expendable too but Todd stepped up and realized his value as far as information and his ability to make a better product...which Lydia give him shit about during the last episode. Todd will likely have him cook, learn from him then get rid of him.
    I wonder if in the near future Walt finds out/hears about blue meth being produced again and immediately realizes they haven't killed Jesse as he's the only one who knows how to make it. He then connects the dots and goes after the gang and Lydia.

I'm not sure if Lydia had anything to do with Jack's crew going after Walt. They needed Walt to cook for them and I think Jack was just protecting his interests.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    tumblr_mt7i9slFh51svyveho1_500.gif
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    i only got to watch the first half last night, my wife got so pissed after they killed hank she threw the controller and stormed off into the bed room :lol::lol::lol: I've been married long enough to know to follow her and put on some Big Bang Theory, she swears she's not watching the last two episodes, and i thought i was into it? :crazy: :crazy:
    haha..she'll watch them :)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Cook with Pinkman & watch the season finale with him

http://www.omaze.com/experiences/aaron- ... content=15
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    haha..she'll watch them :)

She watched the rest tonight. :twisted: not happy but she watched.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Did anyone else notice that when Walt was pushing the barrel through the desert (near the original cook site), that he passed by his pants from the very first episode?
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that when Walt was pushing the barrel through the desert (near the original cook site), that he passed by his pants from the very first episode?

Haha yeah I noticed that but not till the 3rd time I watched the episode.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I didn't! That's awesome!!!! :D