Random thread about anything

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    afroannnie wrote:
    Gonna go back in time...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener ... illan.html

The biggest problem with this idea....they can't listen to Pearl Jam... :nono:
    It sounds like they have the 1980s confused with the 1940s. What kid didn't have TV or access to computers in the 80s?? ... I believe it was about 1983 when my whole family developed the Atari hand claw. :lol: And I am pretty sure there was FM radio in the 80s too. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I have not purchased any shoes in 3 months.

I feel my will succumbing to new shoes, though.
    I lost a bet...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I have not purchased any shoes in 3 months.

thumb.aspx?i=%2FproductImages%2F_1127000%2Fff_1127635_xl.jpg&w=400

need tennis shoes?
  • I have not purchased any shoes in 3 months.

need tennis shoes?

I was thinking something more like this.

photo.jpg
    I lost a bet...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I have not purchased any shoes in 3 months.

need tennis shoes?

I was thinking something more like this.

photo.jpg

Oh My! :o
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    afroannnie wrote:
    Oh...good old 120 minutes...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/120-mi ... -your-life

I think I missed the episode where Trent decorated the tree... :think:

This makes me sad. *sigh* I miss the 90s. :(
    ELITIST FUK
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    found out today I won a 8 month-long battle with my insurance. took me having to take them to a state hearing for them to finally do the right thing... after I gathered a ton of evidence from my docs, lab & myself they had ignored and included all their ridiculous denials. they caved when it was obvious I had them beat and are going to cover something I need.

makes me mad when health insurance companies get away with denying meds or supplies because they count on most ppl not being willing or able to fight them...

altho I was prepared (with no legal help) to prove what deliberatly deceptive asshats they've been...whew, so glad that stressful bs is over

now all that's required for today to be totally awesome is the Redskins to win. oh and to lose this earworm... :lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • prism wrote:
    found out today I won a 8 month-long battle with my insurance. took me having to take them to a state hearing for them to finally do the right thing... after I gathered a ton of evidence from my docs, lab & myself they had ignored and included all their ridiculous denials. they caved when it was obvious I had them beat and are going to cover something I need.

makes me mad when health insurance companies get away with denying meds or supplies because they count on most ppl not being willing or able to fight them...

altho I was prepared (with no legal help) to prove what deliberatly deceptive asshats they've been...whew, so glad that stressful bs is over

now all that's required for today to be totally awesome is the Redskins to win. oh and to lose this earworm... :lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

NICE!!! Glad you stuck with the battle prism.... hope there are better days ahead now that it's over.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    prism wrote:

NICE!!! Glad you stuck with the battle prism.... hope there are better days ahead now that it's over.

thanks, Aye....no doubt I hope so as well. :)

are you going to the Charlottesville show or any others?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Sexting partner crashes Weiner party

what a fantastic headline on CNN.com!!! :lol:
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Sexting partner crashes Weiner party

what a fantastic headline on CNN.com!!! :lol:

I've been to a lot of parties like that.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    the lengths people will go to to get into Glastonbury festival
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD6i4YEy81o :lol:
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Ilovejoshuahomme
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • PJPixie wrote:
    Ilovejoshuahomme

And I will see him and the boys tomorrow in concert :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I will say hi from you, but tomorrow he's all mine :lol: CANNOT FREAKING WAIIIIIT!
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    PJPixie wrote:
    Ilovejoshuahomme

And I will see him and the boys tomorrow in concert :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I will say hi from you, but tomorrow he's all mine :lol: CANNOT FREAKING WAIIIIIT!

Enjoy the show Lisa! :mrgreen:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • afroannnie wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:
    Ilovejoshuahomme

Enjoy the show Lisa! :mrgreen:

Will do, thanks :mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    1236084_10151856727366212_1265850432_n.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    RKCNDY wrote:

that does kinda make sense
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Used to console myself that it is better for her when my daughter was born like a carbon copy of her mom. (because of the obvious superiority of my wife in the looks department ;) )
    But now, as she's growing, she's starting to show some of my features and I cannot help to have a sick proud feeling. :mrgreen:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    jumbojet wrote:
    Used to console myself that it is better for her when my daughter was born like a carbon copy of her mom. (because of the obvious superiority of my wife in the looks department ;) )
    But now, as she's growing, she's starting to show some of my features and I cannot help to have a sick proud feeling. :mrgreen:

So sweet! My daughter who is nearing 14 has always been the female image of her daddy. Today 2 people mistook her for me. She's almost my height and no longer looks like a scrawny kid. There is something about her that is indeniably me. It's such a joy to see how they change.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    So sweet! My daughter who is nearing 14 has always been the female image of her daddy. Today 2 people mistook her for me. She's almost my height and no longer looks like a scrawny kid. There is something about her that is indeniably me. It's such a joy to see how they change.

In a few years, you might be in a PJ show together and people will mistake you as sisters. :lol:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol::lol::D
  • Janice "Lokelani" Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele says it's not her fault her name won't fit on a Hawaii ID card and she wants the state to fix the problem.

HONOLULU — A Hawaii woman's last name is a real mouthful, containing 36 characters and 19 syllables in all. And it's so long that she couldn't get a driver's license with her correct name.

Janice "Lokelani" Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele is in the midst of a fight with state and local officials to ensure that her full name gets listed on a license or ID card. Her name is pronounced: KAY'-ee-hah-nah-EE'-coo-COW'-ah-KAH'-hee-HOO'-lee-heh-eh-KAH'-how-NAH-eh-leh.

The documents only have room for 35 characters. Her name has 35 letters plus a mark used in the Hawaiian alphabet, called an okina.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Janice "Lokelani" Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele says it's not her fault her name won't fit on a Hawaii ID card and she wants the state to fix the problem.

HONOLULU — A Hawaii woman's last name is a real mouthful, containing 36 characters and 19 syllables in all. And it's so long that she couldn't get a driver's license with her correct name.

Janice "Lokelani" Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele is in the midst of a fight with state and local officials to ensure that her full name gets listed on a license or ID card. Her name is pronounced: KAY'-ee-hah-nah-EE'-coo-COW'-ah-KAH'-hee-HOO'-lee-heh-eh-KAH'-how-NAH-eh-leh.

The documents only have room for 35 characters. Her name has 35 letters plus a mark used in the Hawaiian alphabet, called an okina.

meka-leka-hi meka-hiney-hole
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    Janice "Lokelani" Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele says it's not her fault her name won't fit on a Hawaii ID card and she wants the state to fix the problem.

She should change her name to "TheleastflexiblewomaninHawaii". That would fit on the license.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Every f'ing thread on the Porch is "please play______song". C'mon man!!!!! :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Kangaroo%20kicks%20person%20into%20lake.gif