Random thread about anything

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    A girl at work is into rock, punk and shit, etc.

I brought up Pearl Jam

"Oh, I'm not a big fan. They're talented and all, just not my thing."

Alrighty.

Mind your manners comes on the radio later in the week.

"Who is that?"

It's fucking Pearl Jam

"Oh, really?"

:fp:
  • I want to try a white chocolate Kit Kat bar, but I'm not sure if they exist or not?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    If I thought my boss was a dick before,He's really gonna be a dick now.
    For the last three years,I have put up with his shit,because I can't find work
    in the same field.He doesn't provide Medical Ins. and not many Trucking Company's do.
    In the Construction field that is.And the good one's are filled and nobody's leaving."I
    wouldn't either."Every time he hires someone new,They get called out first for the good jobs
    with the better hours.He's gone through a few employees since I've worked there,All of which
    are men. And all have received better jobs with more hours.If it's slow He put's me out last,or not
    at all.And gives excuses as to why the others are driving.He belittles me as if I'm Brainless. So yesterday,
    In one of his many rant's about petty bullshit,He tells me that he knows for a fact that I'm looking for
    another job.When I asked "How?" He said,"Because you filled out an application for My Company on Craigslist"
    "BUSTED!" :o That has got to be the funniest shit right there. I explained to him that I have been searching for quite awhile now,Because he doesn't provide Medical,and I'm no spring chicken.Now he's threatening to put
    me in the oldest truck on the lot.And God only knows. he's probably going to starve me out of a job.Because
    he doesn't want to pay unemployment.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    donnaruhl wrote:
    in the same field.He doesn't provide Medical Ins. and not many Trucking Company's do.
    In the Construction field that is.And the good one's are filled and nobody's leaving."I
    wouldn't either."Every time he hires someone new,They get called out first for the good jobs
    with the better hours.He's gone through a few employees since I've worked there,All of which
    are men. And all have received better jobs with more hours.If it's slow He put's me out last,or not
    at all.And gives excuses as to why the others are driving.He belittles me as if I'm Brainless. So yesterday,
    In one of his many rant's about petty bullshit,He tells me that he knows for a fact that I'm looking for
    another job.When I asked "How?" He said,"Because you filled out an application for My Company on Craigslist"
    "BUSTED!" :o That has got to be the funniest shit right there. I explained to him that I have been searching for quite awhile now,Because he doesn't provide Medical,and I'm no spring chicken.Now he's threatening to put
    me in the oldest truck on the lot.And God only knows. he's probably going to starve me out of a job.Because
    Damn, that sounds like a pretty shitty job situation. Really hope you can find another job soon and get away from your asshole boss! Good luck!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I want to try a white chocolate Kit Kat bar, but I'm not sure if they exist or not?

They do, indeed
  • I want to try a white chocolate Kit Kat bar, but I'm not sure if they exist or not?

They do, indeed

Oh baby. I might save my Reese's Pieces and run out and and get one. :D
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I want to try a white chocolate Kit Kat bar, but I'm not sure if they exist or not?

They do, indeed

Oh baby. I might save my Reese's Pieces and run out and and get one. :D

This reminds me - I had a chocolate payday once, and then never saw another one. :(
    I win.
  • hgpjam11 wrote:

This reminds me - I had a chocolate payday once, and then never saw another one. :(

Never heard of payday. Must've been available in America only and it must've been :fp: :mrgreen:
    hgpjam11 wrote:

Never heard of payday. Must've been available in America only and it must've been :fp: :mrgreen:

Peanuts and carmel. Pretty solid candy bar.

If you can't find the kit kat's, let me know.
  • hgpjam11 wrote:

Peanuts and carmel. Pretty solid candy bar.

If you can't find the kit kat's, let me know.

Thanks I will. I can't stop thinking about them now. Love Kit Kat's and love white chocolate. Genius idea.
    White chocolate peanut butter cups.
  • White chocolate peanut butter cups.

:o

Now we're talking!

Now we're talking!

:sick: Why is everybody so infatuated with peanut butter + chocolate? I will never be a proper American :fp: :lol:

Now we're talking!

:sick: Why is everybody so infatuated with peanut butter + chocolate? I will never be a proper American :fp: :lol:

White chocolate

Peanut butter

cups

Read it again

That's it.
  • ^^^Yep. It's not rocket science!
  • Makes me throw up in my mouth even just reading it :lol:

You're crazy!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    This time last year I was in Philly for PJ and two years ago PJ 20. Sadface.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Oh, fuck

I forgot I work in the morning
  • Holidays in one week. New York City in 2.
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

Cav and I have our 2-year meeting anniversary on Sept 3rd. I'm excited :D Time fliiiiiies!

You're crazy!

This combo reminds me of the really shitty GDR-made chocolate. No way in hell I will ever like it. The smell makes me gag. But you can all enjoy the shit out of it :P :lol: I do like peanut butter with chicken and sesame oil and peppers and could imagine it's good with bacon though.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Cav and I have our 2-year meeting anniversary on Sept 3rd. I'm excited :D Time fliiiiiies!
    Omigiodness! Happy anniversary you wonderful lovebirds!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2

You're crazy!

This combo reminds me of the really shitty GDR-made chocolate. No way in hell I will ever like it. The smell makes me gag. But you can all enjoy the shit out of it :P :lol: I do like peanut butter with chicken and sesame oil and peppers and could imagine it's good with bacon though.

Ok, you don't like chocolate and peanut butter but you like THAT^^^^. :sick:

Actually bacon flavoured PB is pretty tasty.

• Ok, you don't like chocolate and peanut butter but you like THAT^^^^. :sick:

:lol: But see, that's the thing, to me it's more of a savoury thing. I like salty caramel, but pb with chocolate - :sick: Good thing that everybody likes something else! Flavours make the world go round :wave:

Oh, and I would put the bacon in pieces on a piece of bread with pb all over it. I might actually try that really soon. Yummm...

• Ok, you don't like chocolate and peanut butter but you like THAT^^^^. :sick:

:lol: But see, that's the thing, to me it's more of a savoury thing. I like salty caramel, but pb with chocolate - :sick: Good thing that everybody likes something else! Flavours make the world go round :wave:

Oh, and I would put the bacon in pieces on a piece of bread with pb all over it. I might actually try that really soon. Yummm...

You're right about flavours and I'm gonna stick with my chocolate and PB combo and you enjoy your bacon PB sammich - I hope it's good, lol
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:
    Damn, that sounds like a pretty shitty job situation. Really hope you can find another job soon and get away from your asshole boss! Good luck!
    I wonder if I have just cause for legal action against him?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I think I remember that
  • LloydXmas wrote:

What a fucker