Options

Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    man, if I could afford it, I'd so go. the odds of some Mirrorball being played are astronomically high. maybe add footage of that to the impending Mirroball movie as a "now and then" feature. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    I’ll believe it when I see it, but… September sounds promising!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
    Seeing Uncle Neil for the first time in Queens on May 15th. Can't fucking wait. This is my 4-day stretch:

Uncle Neil, May 15th, Queens
    PJ, May 16th, Vegas
    Dead & Co. May 17th (my bday!), Vegas at The Sphere
    PJ, May 18th, Vegas
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    ComeToTX said:
    Airfare is not the biggest expense with Ohana, unfortunately.  I'd go back for this in a second if it was.
    Are you talking the hotels? Or lots of other expenses like uber, beer, food prices ,etc that add up every day?  I'm wanting to do it on the cheap and book something out of town and drive in/out each day...
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Yes, all of the above. The tickets themselves are expensive for a festival. Everything inside is pretty pricey and hotels are expensive. That said I’d go back in a heartbeat. We had a blast. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,950
    Seeing Uncle Neil for the first time in Queens on May 15th. Can't fucking wait. This is my 4-day stretch:

Uncle Neil, May 15th, Queens
    PJ, May 16th, Vegas
    Dead & Co. May 17th (my bday!), Vegas at The Sphere
    PJ, May 18th, Vegas
    👀👌🔥💪🤘
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    edited April 25
    Neil called Jeff Ament last summer because: THEY WERE MIXING MIRROR BALL IN ATMOS

("...and he was so generous and so kind in terms of, he just goes 'Man, your guys playing on this is so great. I move so fast from record to record, I don't really get a chance to listen back but I'm really listening to how you chose to play and I appreciate it so much and I hope we get to do it again'")

Maybe the atmos part was known?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    First night set list:

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    How long was the show? 2hours?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    How long was the show? 2hours?
    According to sugarmtn.org it was 105 minutes

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Opening the tour with Cortez The Killer - which included the recently rediscovered missing lyrics for the very first time - is an awesome  move!

https://youtu.be/atf1IkUh8kM?si=j_h8Nmeb69jXNQl7

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Badass! 6 days!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    goldrush said:
    Opening the tour with Cortez The Killer - which included the recently rediscovered missing lyrics for the very first time - is an awesome  move!

Thank you for this..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Is anyone here holding tickets for the July 23 Neil show at Deer Lake Burnaby that they'd trade for July 22 tickets?  Let me know
  • Options
    Is anyone here holding tickets for the July 23 Neil show at Deer Lake Burnaby that they'd trade for July 22 tickets?  Let me know

or sell your July 23 Tickets?
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    Videos on you tube from opening night are incredible. Fuck yeah!
    Great setlist
    Great show
    Can't wait.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    edited April 26
    goldrush said:

Oh man... thank you SO MUCH for putting that up... goosebumps and tears.  Neil and Billy and Ralph look so old.  God, I hope these guys somehow outlive me.  I can't imagine otherwise.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,921
    edited April 26
    Thanks for posting these. The shows look they will be awesome. I have seen Neil several times but not since 2008 or so. I am really looking forward to Ohana. Might also grab a last minute ticket for Forest Hills if I can make it. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255
    Man, these videos are great. It's absolute gold seeing these guys still out there on stage together. They're as real as it gets.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Edved82 said:
    Man, these videos are great. It's absolute gold seeing these guys still out there on stage together. They're as real as it gets.
    Yeah, here’s just something so right about seeing Neil, Billy, and Ralph together. Poncho and Nils are missed, but I love how well Micah has slotted in with The Horse as well.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    Edved82 said:
    Yeah, here’s just something so right about seeing Neil, Billy, and Ralph together. Poncho and Nils are missed, but I love how well Micah has slotted in with The Horse as well.

Thanks again from me as well! 
    And yes, Micah seems to be fitting in quite nicely.  Fascinating, that relatively long line of Horse rhythm guitarists, and all so great from Danny to Poncho to Nils to Micah!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    sdclarkysdclarky Posts: 23
    edited April 26
    Neil and Crazy Horse were awesome last night! 
    Highlight for me was Harvest Moon but everything sounded really good!
    https://youtu.be/A86fNXU710A?si=517CdgQ6OPafMQai
    Post edited by sdclarky on
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    Edved82 said:

I actually thought it was Lucas Nelson that was playing with the Horse but it's Micah, and yeah he's fitting in nicely. Considering the guys are all around the 80 mark now, they sound great. Neil seems to be playing and singing as well as ever. Great to see!
  • Options

Love to Burn here, sounds great.

• Options
    sdclarky said:
    Neil and Crazy Horse were awesome last night! 
    Highlight for me was Harvest Moon but everything sounded really good!
    https://youtu.be/A86fNXU710A?si=517CdgQ6OPafMQai

Great!  Congratulations on catching an excellent show!

• Options
    Edved82 said:

Love to Burn here, sounds great.

Such a great song... and they've still got it!

• Options
    Edved82 said:
    goldrush said:
    Edved82 said:

I actually thought it was Lucas Nelson that was playing with the Horse but it's Micah, and yeah he's fitting in nicely. Considering the guys are all around the 80 mark now, they sound great. Neil seems to be playing and singing as well as ever. Great to see!
    Yeah Ralph and Billy are both 80 now, Neil is a comparatively youthful 78  =)

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    Edved82 said:
    goldrush said:
    Edved82 said:

Yeah Ralph and Billy are both 80 now, Neil is a comparatively youthful 78  =)

And Micah is only, like, 33 right?  A mere kid!

• Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,002
    edited April 27
    Bought Fu##in Up for record store day such a great sound that only Neil & the horse can make. Interesting art work as well 🤔 
    Post edited by BALLBOY on
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14