Options

Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,311
    Looks like there’s a tour on the horizon. 
    Possibly smaller venues in Canada, although the post is typically vague!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 860
    Any suggestions of which level membership to get if just looking for a chance to get tickets to future show?  Have never seen him live and hoping for a chance.

Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 176
    mikesbri said:
    Any suggestions of which level membership to get if just looking for a chance to get tickets to future show?  Have never seen him live and hoping for a chance.

All of the Archive subscriptions include early ticket access. 
  • Options
    Wow come to the maritimes Neil!
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,404
    Saw Neil and the Horse are playing Jazzfest in New Orleans.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,842
    I hate how I subscribe to NYA but only just now found out about this. Same thing as his solo tour last year. I'd think having the NYA app would mean I'd at least get some sort of notice.

That rant aside - Neil & CH in 2024? Gimme!!!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255
    Really hoping Neil makes it to Europe for a final tour over here.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    I hate how I subscribe to NYA but only just now found out about this. Same thing as his solo tour last year. I'd think having the NYA app would mean I'd at least get some sort of notice.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Thanks @goldrush - at least I know now to keep a close eye on NYA over the next few weeks. 

The JazzFest NYCH date is the same day I'm planning to see a different band up in Vancouver. But it's great to know there are more dates coming.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    I think part of my issue is I NEVER use a PC. All my internet usage is via my Samsung Galaxy. And the NYA app isn't very user friendly.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    Really liking On the Beach…how did I skip this one all these years!

Thats the thing with Neil, so many albums!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767

Oh man, yes!  On the Beach is one of those great moody Neil records that is almost unbeatable for certain moods.
    Another couple of them like that for me are Tonight's the Night and Le Noise.  I save Tonight's the Night for those times when it's really late and dark out and quiet and I just want to just sink down into the music and get lost in it.
    Le Noise is one I strictly save for certain moods and only play it on those occasions so that it always maintains that special feeling that I need at times.  In fact, earlier this evening I was thinking about a really good friend of mine who killed himself over the summer between 9th and 10th grades.  I was in a really deep funk and depressed and in tears and needed something to not just comfort, but to confirm and substantiate my feelings, and Le Noise was just the thing and it was perfect and intense and ameliorative. It's a very powerful album and in some ways, I think it's one of Neil's very best... but I only want to hear it now and then.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255

Amazing album. The title track is one of my favourite songs of all time. The lyrics just speak to me.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    Should I get an archive sub with there having been a hint of european dates…
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Not sure about Volume 4 covering such a huge time frame. That would huge - and expensive! Neil had previously mentioned 6 Archive sets, which would be a lot more manageable. There’s a strange sense of finality in his tone here though.

There will be a double vinyl release of the recent Rivoli show coming soon.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    April....only April mentioned thus far. Seems to be a fairly short tour ahead. Hopefully it rolls through Chicago or Indy!
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,981
    Should I get an archive sub with there having been a hint of european dates…
    Would love to see Neil live and deeply regret not going in 2016. How strong are these hints of Euro dates? 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,599
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,404
    ComeToTX said:
    That’s an impressive line-up.
  • Options
    incredible lineup!
  • Options
    That's pretty damn good! However, I'll trade that all for a solo NYCH show! But...if he won't be closer than Kentucky, and with than line up...
  • Options
    Thompson172000Thompson172000 Ontario, Canada Posts: 35

• Options
    Let's goooooooooooo!!!
  • Options
    Heck yes!
  • Options
    Coming soon. Same day ad PJ pr the day after I think...

Based on another reader letter response from Neil, it seems the east coast/Toronto are in play. Not sure what else.
  • Options
    Thompson172000Thompson172000 Ontario, Canada Posts: 35

Looks like Neil's upcoming tour will be announced in the next week or so!

• Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    New tour dates announced!

I will definitely be at the Atlanta show.
  • Options
    Too bad you can't combine the NY and PJ tour. Would have made a trip over the altantic worth it maybe. 

Have fun at the shows!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"