**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    chromiam wrote:
    Ohhh you know you wanna grill some neckbones marinated in natti out on the open plain...

with an invitation like that...

:)
    take your money and your drugs.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    fanch75 wrote:
    lmao, awesome!

the only thing that sucks is no "green tent"

Well I'll see if I can buy a green tent.. but I am planning on bringing a green tarp so we have some shade/shelter if needed

Here is this green enough?? http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_3/602-3673959-2143857?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000E87WFY
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    chromiam wrote:
    Well I'll see if I can buy a green tent.. but I am planning on bringing a green tarp so we have some shade/shelter if needed

Honestly dude, we camped outside the venue for the 2003 Noblesville IN (aka Indianapolis) show. Like The Gorge, it is out in the middle of nowhere and is surrounded by typical Midwestern, flat farmland. Miles & miles of nothing, and here's this amphitheater.

There are campgrounds all around it and I tell ya, it was the greatest time. We got there the day before the show, built a fire pit, set up tents, listened to music (yes YIELD) under the stars all night. We cooked, drank beer, talked, and chatted with a few PJ folk (the campground filled up the day of the show). Woke up the next morning, scrambled up some eggs on teh fire. Yeah! It was awesome.

So, yeah. I can imagine camping in the State of Washington being incredible. I wanna listen to 8 with big mountain in front of me.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    grace6697 wrote:
    with an invitation like that...

Chrom we can grill up some neckbones for Gracey.

Just so ya'll get a feel, here's the Noblesville IN site. It's just a picture, check it out
    http://www.sleepybearcampground.com/

That makes me wanna smoke cigars, drink beer, and listen to YIELD.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Honestly dude, we camped outside the venue for the 2003 Noblesville IN (aka Indianapolis) show. Like The Gorge, it is out in the middle of nowhere and is surrounded by typical Midwestern, flat farmland. Miles & miles of nothing, and here's this amphitheater.

There are campgrounds all around it and I tell ya, it was the greatest time. We got there the day before the show, built a fire pit, set up tents, listened to music (yes YIELD) under the stars all night. We cooked, drank beer, talked, and chatted with a few PJ folk (the campground filled up the day of the show). Woke up the next morning, scrambled up some eggs on teh fire. Yeah! It was awesome.

So, yeah. I can imagine camping in the State of Washington being incredible. I wanna listen to 8 with big mountain in front of me.

i *love* that you're calling it 8.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Chrom we can grill up some neckbones for Gracey.

Just so ya'll get a feel, here's the Noblesville IN site. It's just a picture, check it out
    http://www.sleepybearcampground.com/

That makes me wanna smoke cigars, drink beer, and listen to YIELD.

Sounds like a good time and looks like a cool spot to just hang out and relax. I know we can't have campfires but we'll pick up a small grill so we can cook for Gracey. And I'm sure we can grab some neckbones on the highway, I mean it is Washington state :) I think 8 will be incredible live, especially with that background. I've listened to is all weekend and wow.. that's all I can say.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

grace6697 wrote:
    i *love* that you're calling it 8.

why is that?
    fanch75 wrote:
    why is that?

because i told you to call it 8. :)

also, i'm a vegetarian. laugh it up. get it out now. :)
    grace6697 wrote:

also, i'm a vegetarian. laugh it up. get it out now. :)

ha. i won't laugh at you, i just feel bad you can't appreciate a good hamburger!
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Grace Grace Grace!!!

She is so close to going, lets encourage her!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    chromiam wrote:
    Sounds like a good time and looks like a cool spot to just hang out and relax. I know we can't have campfires but we'll pick up a small grill so we can cook for Gracey. And I'm sure we can grab some neckbones on the highway, I mean it is Washington state :) I think 8 will be incredible live, especially with that background. I've listened to is all weekend and wow.. that's all I can say.
    i dont know about all of this camping out...im not a camper, tried it once at Bonnaroo, and NEVER want to do it again...I think a hotel is the way to go for me. But that does not mean I will not be there BOTH days to hang out, and drink plenty of Natty :D

all4
    grace6697 wrote:

You really shouldn't tell me what to do
    i dont know about all of this camping out...im not a camper, tried it once at Bonnaroo, and NEVER want to do it again...I think a hotel is the way to go for me. But that does not mean I will not be there BOTH days to hang out, and drink plenty of Natty :D

all4

hotels>camping but i hear hotels are at least 45 minutes away. what's a girl to do?
    grace6697 wrote:
    hotels>camping but i hear hotels are at least 45 minutes away. what's a girl to do?

Camp with us and enjoy yourself!
    stpmattb wrote:
    Camp with us and enjoy yourself!

this is group pressure at its worst/best.
    I'm the one you should blame :)
    fanch75 wrote:

oh man. you guys really have it together.
    grace6697 wrote:
    the 45 mintue drive is worth sleeping in a bed at night, trust me. At Bonnaroo, camping blew. It was cool and all to hand out with friends and shit, but we can do the same thing even if we stay in hotels. Just get to the campgrounds early and hang out...

all4
    and I am DEFINATELY in for the Mariners/Sox game that Friday...

all4
    also, anyone know how far the Mariners stadium is from the Gorge??

all4
  • around 3 hours look it up on Mapquest
    stpmattb wrote:
    I'm the one you should blame :)

oh god. what did i do? you are either my new best friend or my new best enemy.

grace6697 wrote:
    oh god. what did i do? you are either my new best friend or my new best enemy.

Were gonna be best friends!
  • Wake Up All You PHILLY PHUCKERS ! ! !

:D:D:D

it's a NEW day ... ! ! !
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    Well one spot at the wild horse campground booked. The spot is good for one car. I think I'll change my flight today and make sure jimmy is getting tickets. Other than that, everything else can wait and it's time to get ready for Hartford :D

Admin

I was able to convince my g/f to stay for both shows. As of now our plans are to fly in Friday morning, July 21st. See Seattle and go to the baseball game that night, then stay at the Ramada. Saturday, head to the Gorge and were going to camp with Mike on Saturday and Sunday nights. Wake up early Monday morning and go to the airport and get on a 12:30 flight headed back home.
    stpmattb wrote:
    I was able to convince my g/f to stay for both shows. As of now our plans are to fly in Friday morning, July 21st. See Seattle and go to the baseball game that night, then stay at the Ramada. Saturday, head to the Gorge and were going to camp with Mike on Saturday and Sunday nights. Wake up early Monday morning and go to the airport and get on a 12:30 flight headed back home.

good news for you=bad news for me.

i'm talking about tickets people. get your minds out of the proverbial gutter.

the hunt is on.
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Im not too worried about getting tickets to the show. How long did the tickets for the first show last, like 2 days? BA isnt around until later so neither of us have access to the Goods section until like 3pm, but Im not anticipating the tix being gone by then.
    the 45 mintue drive is worth sleeping in a bed at night, trust me. At Bonnaroo, camping blew. It was cool and all to hand out with friends and shit, but we can do the same thing even if we stay in hotels. Just get to the campgrounds early and hang out...

all4

Mornin', yellas.

One negative aspect about camping is that you will wake up at 7am-8am due to the sun pouring down on your tent, making it a little greenhouse. Like I said, I don't have strong feelings either way, I just wanna hang out with the group. Hopefully the group won't fragment into 4 groups of 2.

I'm out of the offce in meetings until later today, so I'll be out of pocket while tix go onsale. I will eagerly check here when I get back around 4pm to see if I have Gorge II. Jen is getting our tix, and she's a trooper so I'm not worried. :D

I wonder if my boss will wanna listen to 8 on our way over?