Options

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES (OLD)

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Didn't read the whole thread but just wondering.......they couldnt just get somebody else to play Uke / Guitar? Guitar Tech? McCready? Stone? Somebody?

Might not be the show as originally planned, but at least it would go on.

They possibly could have thought of this as a backup plan earlier?
    I don't think that many people would want to see a show like that, with a gimpy Ed and some other person doing half the work, with no practice between the two of them. Plus, you may be underestimating Eddie's effectiveness as a musician!! Not just anyone can play the uke or anything else to make Eddie's solo stuff what it is. Eddie can't do his solo show. You can't just find someone else to do half a solo show... that's not what people bought tix for.

They coud've even turned it into Storytime with Eddie, and i wouldve still been happy. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    imalive wrote:
    michael jordan COULDN'T do it. he's a one trick pony.

:lol:
  • Options
    reading this thread makes my head hurt. nobody knows the situation or events that led up to the re-scheduling. travelling especially to a concert is always risk vs reward. if you have non-refundable flights/hotels, etc go and enjoy yourself. see other cities besides the one you live in. have a good time on yoru vacation and make the best of what's around. #firstworldproblems
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    reading this thread makes my head hurt. nobody knows the situation or events that led up to the re-scheduling. travelling especially to a concert is always risk vs reward. if you have non-refundable flights/hotels, etc go and enjoy yourself. see other cities besides the one you live in. have a good time on yoru vacation and make the best of what's around. #firstworldproblems

Pretty much what I've been thinking. Its only a gig at the end of the day, if someone has booked a 3 day vacation at Vegas for example for the gigs they should still go!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    There is always the chance that this is a total sham and that Eddie didn't actually get HURT at fantasy camp but rather signed a Minor League deal with the Cubs. I haven't heard any denials of that, and heck -- have you SEEN that pitching staff? Eddie throwing LEFT-handed would be an improvement. Someone get Tim Kurkjian on the line so we can get to the bottom of this.

Plus, the rescheduled dates begin in October. Coincidence? We all know the Cubs won't be playing in October...

Aww come on man, he like .202 one year...not bad! ;) ...he did say "minor league deal"

Don't speak ill of the greatest athlete of our generation. Jordan had to reshape his physique from a basketball body to a baseball one.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    Bogey Man wrote:
    Jazz Festival is now a bust for me. Shitty news.

glad i am not traveling to jazz fest just to see eddie v
    the live music in that town for the last 4 days of the festival is incredible+
    plus and and and and....
    Big Al Carson live at the Funky Pirate. NOLA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPzaFMMu6Bk
    etc

get well soon eddie!
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

Aww come on man, he like .202 one year...not bad! ;) ...he did say "minor league deal"

Don't speak ill of the greatest athlete of our generation. Jordan had to reshape his physique from a basketball body to a baseball one.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb

Dont worry, I was just kidding around. I have great respect for him trying his luck with baseball. For not playing regularly up until his debut, he did rather well. I agree, likely one of the greatest athletes of our generation. (and Ed of course ;) )
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I think everyone will wish Ed well and here's to a speedy and full recovery

Imagine the posters printed already?
    Definitely do wish him a very speedy recovery - how good would it be to get your hands on some of those posters? Highly collectable one would think! ;)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

If it was Mike or Stone I would be all in. Anybody else...I would be unsure.

Okay... it would he a total train wreck though. Ed's the only one who even plays the uke, and his connection to the instrument is part of what makes those songs what they are...

I would also be OK without the uke.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I think everyone will wish Ed well and here's to a speedy and full recovery

Imagine the posters printed already?
    Definitely do wish him a very speedy recovery - how good would it be to get your hands on some of those posters? Highly collectable one would think! ;)

was just going to say that
    they'll be highly sought after if they've already been printed..and they must have been
    i want some too!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Hoping Eddie has a full recovery and feels better soon. I'm glad to hear he's taking care of himself.
    "Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere..."

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    edited April 2012
    JimmyV wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

If it was Mike or Stone I would be all in. Anybody else...I would be unsure.

Okay... it would he a total train wreck though. Ed's the only one who even plays the uke, and his connection to the instrument is part of what makes those songs what they are...

Yeah, but Eddie wouldn't ... you can't just Slap together some new duo act in five days like that folks. Eddie has some integrity; he's not about to offer that up to people he believes want to see him do his solo show at its best. Besides, these kinds of injuries can be rough. It may not just be that he can't play well. He may not be able to move without pain for all we know. But anyway, I'm surprised people actually think he should go ahead with some random act knocked together in a couple days while he's injured and doing intensive physical therapy! Wtf is gong on here?? The man needs to work on getting better and people still want him to improvise some crappy show and tour with that instead?? :?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GoodbyeForNowGoodbyeForNow Vancouver Posts: 120

:thumbup: Exactly!!

Disappointed that we won't be seeing Eddie in Phoenix next weekend but still looking forward to a weekend away (with good doses of shopping and sunshine!)

Get well soon EV! See you in 6 months.
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012
  • Options
    Crystal the PistolCrystal the Pistol Houston, TX Posts: 140
    boyo79 wrote:
    Any excuse to get out of touring the South :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But seriously, I feel sorry for those who were going the shows next week and on the tour
    :(
    AUSTIN: 9/16/1995
    THE WOODLANDS: 10/14/2000
    THE WOODLANDS: 4/6/2003
    NEW YORK: 6/24/2008
    NEW ORLEANS: 5/1/2010
    EAST TROY: 9/3/2011 & 9/4/2011
    PENSACOLA: 9/21/2012
    HOUSTON: 11/12/2012 (ev)
    DALLAS: 11/15/2013
    AUSTIN: 10/5/2014
    TULSA: 10/8/2014
    FT. LAUDERDALE: 4/8/2016
    MIAMI: 4/9/2016
    TAMPA: 4/11/2016
    JACKSONVILLE: 4/13/2016
    NEW ORLEANS: 4/23/2016
    BOSTON: 8/5/2016
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah, but Eddie wouldn't ... you can't just Slap together some new duo act in five days like that folks. Eddie has some integrity; he's not about to offer that up to people he believes want to see him do his solo show at its best. Besides, these kinds of injuries can be rough. It may not just be that he can't play well. He may not be able to move without pain for all we know. But anyway, I'm surprised people actually think he should go ahead with some random act knocked together in a couple days while he's injured and doing intensive physical therapy! Wtf is gong on here?? The man needs to work on getting better and people still want him to improvise some crappy show and tour with that instead?? :?

Exactly. Back injuries are really unpredictable. If a back injury is affecting ones arms or legs, it can be very bad (and scary). I think worse than performing might be the actual traveling when your back is all fucked up.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I was not advocating that he play with anyone else and I don't disagree that he should not. I was simply responding to the idea that people would be upset/disappointed if he performed with a stand-in guitar player. Mike and Eddie unplugged and on tour would blow my mind. Eddie and some unknown probably would not.

Ukelele...totally optional. :D

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Hey Eddie...
    Get well, bud... not for my sake... so I can use this pair of tickets I bought and the hotel reservatons in my name and shit... get well for your sake. So you can use that right arm to paddle out past the break, play that uke (and guitars... always remember.... guitars), toss those axes at that target and... most importantly... to hoist your kids up over your head and give your wife the hugs she deserves.
    We're all pulling for you, friend. Even if we lose some cash and mix... that shit can always be re-earned. The important thing is your health.
    peace... love... surf...
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Hey Eddie...
    Get well, bud... not for my sake... so I can use this pair of tickets I bought and the hotel reservatons in my name and shit... get well for your sake. So you can use that right arm to paddle out past the break, play that uke (and guitars... always remember.... guitars), toss those axes at that target and... most importantly... to hoist your kids up over your head and give your wife the hugs she deserves.
    We're all pulling for you, friend. Even if we lose some cash and mix... that shit can always be re-earned. The important thing is your health.
    peace... love... surf...

Well said.

• Options
    Crystal the PistolCrystal the Pistol Houston, TX Posts: 140
    I can offer some free massage therapy if Ed is interested... :)
    In all seriousness, I am super bummed about the postponement of Eddie's shows but his health comes first! He needs to take care of himself so he can keep on generating awesome music. I am certain he feels awful changing the dates on us... I can guarantee that when he comes back (all better) he is going to BLOW US AWAY!
    Heres to wishing Eddie a speedy recovery! *hugs*
    AUSTIN: 9/16/1995
    THE WOODLANDS: 10/14/2000
    THE WOODLANDS: 4/6/2003
    NEW YORK: 6/24/2008
    NEW ORLEANS: 5/1/2010
    EAST TROY: 9/3/2011 & 9/4/2011
    PENSACOLA: 9/21/2012
    HOUSTON: 11/12/2012 (ev)
    DALLAS: 11/15/2013
    AUSTIN: 10/5/2014
    TULSA: 10/8/2014
    FT. LAUDERDALE: 4/8/2016
    MIAMI: 4/9/2016
    TAMPA: 4/11/2016
    JACKSONVILLE: 4/13/2016
    NEW ORLEANS: 4/23/2016
    BOSTON: 8/5/2016
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Hey Eddie...
    peace... love... surf...

El Perfecto!
  • Options
    Feel better soon Eddie! We love you!
  • Options
    I was listening to the PJ Ottawa 2011 concert this morning, and something Eddie said really jumped out at me:
    "If you live long enough, shit's gonna happen. The good news is, you're still alive. The bad news is, shit's gonna happen. So it's really how you deal with it". Amen to that- sending thoughts and prayers to Eddie for a full recovery!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    so
    that still leaves about seven weeks
    for PJ to do a southeastern US mini-tour
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    I highly doubt we are gonna see any more PJ dates this year. If Ed is injured enough to call his solo tour off, the Europe dates are also in jeopardy at this point. Even if he is 100% healthy and good to go for the dates scheduled, he isnt gonna overdue it and book the rest of his open dates without any breaks. I doubt they are even going to announce a PJ21 now. Just not the right thing to do. I wouldnt want to throw down 2k to book that trip to have it postponed? Would you?
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Sucks all around.....

hopefully Ed gets heathly

sucks for all those that had a trip planned.

personally, i'd still go on the trip if i planned on....and right aroudn 8pm or so, i'd plug my headphones into my ipod and listen to a Vedder solo boot. :P but that's me.

cheers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    81 wrote:
    Sucks all around.....

hopefully Ed gets heathly

sucks for all those that had a trip planned.

personally, i'd still go on the trip if i planned on....and right aroudn 8pm or so, i'd plug my headphones into my ipod and listen to a Vedder solo boot. :P but that's me.

cheers.

congrats on 30,000 (I think) and for surviving (another) ban.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    Eddie, I hope you get better. Your music does so much for me.

And what is with all of the bitching about moaning about the postponement? Haven't you people ever taken a day off of work due to illness? I feel for the people who had made big plans but I have one word for you:

INSURANCE
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    If Ed's too injured to do a solo tour, why on earth would anyone think they'd be adding additional Pearl Jam shows instead?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Get Well Soon Mr. Vedder!

You're the best!

Enjoy time with your family and dont forget to smell the roses.....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    81 wrote:

cheers.

Now that is an awesome idea :thumbup: And welcome back :wave: I like your new pic :D