Options

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES (OLD)

Comments

• Options
    "Bring it on, cuz I'm no victim...."

A man of the people. A rock star who cares. A guy you'd want to have a beer with. A guy who comes off as the salt of the earth. A guy who bears his emotions on stage. A guy who takes upon many charitable and social causes and makes the coolest caring speeches. A guy who usually always goes out of his way to show that he really cares. This is our man. I don't think it's so wrong to wonder why the coolest guy on the planet wouldn't take a minute to contact his fans personally, that's all. Take a minute to write an open letter about it, that's all. I know in the past Ed has written open letters to us as fans. I just thought it was a bit unlike him not to come out and make a personal direct statement. I guess I'm the only one who found this odd for Ed? No biggie really, of course. I so hope that he gets better and is fine for the European PJ dates and beyond.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    81 wrote:
    OMFG... I just realized that the make-up ABQ show is going to be ON Election Day! That is going to be so strange to not be watching the returns and (hopefully) going to the Obama victory party. But if I was going to miss the real-time announcement of who the next President is, it would be for a Vedder concert!!

why would anyone want to go to a political victory party? they are all crooks....well 90% of them
    it's 81%
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

A man of the people. A rock star who cares. A guy you'd want to have a beer with. A guy who comes off as the salt of the earth. A guy who bears his emotions on stage. A guy who takes upon many charitable and social causes and makes the coolest caring speeches. A guy who usually always goes out of his way to show that he really cares. This is our man. I don't think it's so wrong to wonder why the coolest guy on the planet wouldn't take a minute to contact his fans personally, that's all. Take a minute to write an open letter about it, that's all. I know in the past Ed has written open letters to us as fans. I just thought it was a bit unlike him not to come out and make a personal direct statement. I guess I'm the only one who found this odd for Ed? No biggie really, of course. I so hope that he gets better and is fine for the European PJ dates and beyond.
    trauma that's why ...

I feel you might not understand what he is going through.
    Unless you've had a spinal injury, lived nerve pain and partial paralysis,
    the fears, the humbling nature of the injury...
    I don't think you can understand.

Please don't put anymore on his plate ... he has enough to worry about,
    remember this effects not only his livelihood but his greatest love.

Leave him be to get through this in time ... it has no time table
    and the mental anguish can be great.
    I was lost in my darkest hours. I can't even explain, this kind of trauma is encompassing.

Prayers and loving thoughts for Eddie, every moment of everyday.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

trauma that's why ...

I was lost in my darkest hours. I can't even explain, this kind of trauma is encompassing.

Exqueeze me? Don't put anymore on his plate? Leave him be? You think he gives a rat's ass about our little threads daily in these forums? haha, not a chance. None of what we write here likely ever gets to him. He's a busy guy bein a Dad and all. But, he's not dead. He can cast off a paragraph message written or dictated to the world in some form or another without any effort. Like I said, it's really no big deal. I just found it simply strange that the coolest MFer in the world didn't surface to shout out to us on this one. He's reached out to us fans a bunch of times in the past. "Ed here, uh... etc. etc...." You know, with this puzzlement, I wouldn't be surprised at all if sometime soon we were to hear from him.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

trauma that's why ...

Exqueeze me? Don't put anymore on his plate? Leave him be? You think he gives a rat's ass about our little threads daily in these forums? haha, not a chance. None of what we write here likely ever gets to him. He's a busy guy bein a Dad and all. But, he's not dead. He can cast off a paragraph message written or dictated to the world in some form or another without any effort. Like I said, it's really no big deal. I just found it simply strange that the coolest MFer in the world didn't surface to shout out to us on this one. He's reached out to us fans a bunch of times in the past. "Ed here, uh... etc. etc...." You know, with this puzzlement, I wouldn't be surprised at all if sometime soon we were to hear from him.
    I guess you don't understand spinal injuries :?

Like you... I hope for good news however it comes...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    i couldn't care less about a note from Eddie. My EV show was cancelled COMPLETELY. No rescheduling at all. That's what bugs me. I stupidly chose to invest in two plane tickets and two single day tickets because it seemed like a great setting for him and I actually had that day off from work. Now i'm screwed. No ticket refunds, no flight refund (only rescheduling). I'm pretty sure i can cancel the hotel. I just want another show.
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Nerve damage is a major trauma. My hubby has suffered with it since 2003, hasn't been able to play the guitar or piano since (and yes, he did play them before). Typing apology letters or emails is not something that's easy to do with nerve damage either. :roll:

Heal quickly please Ed!
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Nerve damage is a major trauma. My hubby has suffered with it since 2003, hasn't been able to play the guitar or piano since (and yes, he did play them before). Typing apology letters or emails is not something that's easy to do with nerve damage either. :roll:

Heal quickly please Ed!

"dictated" (Use your voice and someone writes, eye roll)
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    kj1nyr wrote:

Heal quickly please Ed!

I understand where you are coming from... I just don't happen to agree.
    The notification came from band management. To me... that makes it official. I'm good with that.
    P.S. I imagine Eddie kind of feels like shit and is probably feeling disappointed, himself.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    I hope you feel better soon Eddie.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    nothing would be better than a 100 percent eddie vedder. hope his health is improving every second.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    kj1nyr wrote:

Heal quickly please Ed!

Ed doesn't owe anyone a note or explanation other than what's already been provided. He's given us great music for over 20 years and will continue to do so..that's enough!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    Get well Ed
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,863
    Ed will be distraught about having to postpone.....

Im sure he has much more on his plate than writing us a letter that serves no purpose and will just say what we already know. the time might come but for now, i think every one of us just wishes him a full, complete and speedy recovery.
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    I guess this also explains why the album won't have a 2012 release.

Get better Ed!!!
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 400
    Get well, Ed!
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Get well, Ed. I hope you don't feel too much pain. It must be frustrating.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    had to get a refund for both Jacksonville shows. Airfares were double over thanksgiving ....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Just realized the two Clearwater shows are now the final dates of the tour! Awesome!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I'm in Las Vegas!! Been here for a couple days. Supposed to go to EV show tonight. We might head to the Palms for a drink just because. :) It's been a fun trip even with the unfortunate cancellation of tour and my wicked ear infection. First time in Vegas! Hope to make it out again for rescheduled tour. Make the most of what you have been dealt with. It could always be worse. xo
  • Options
    GoodbyeForNowGoodbyeForNow Vancouver Posts: 120
    Where is Ed? That's really all I want to know through all of this. I am A ok with the reasoning behind the postponement. The #1 thing is his health, and I truly hope he can get back to 100% asap. I wish him nothing but the best, speediest recovery as I totally love the guy. The only thing that I was dismayed about, and found to be a bit off-character for Ed, was a lack of a direct personal statement with his explanation and apology. From the official posting: "Eddie Vedder has announced...", he did? Where? When? To whom? It's a solo tour with his name on the ticket, not Kelly Curtis. I just found it odd. We all love the guy and know how awesome an artist and communicator he is. How much time would it take to put together at least a paragraph straight from the man himself? I will not sit here and say he doesn't care, because I strongly feel that he does. And I strongly feel that he's very sorry the postponement had to be done. So that's why I find it strange that he's missing in all this. How hard would it be to make a personal direct statement to the fans. The reality of today's economy is that people are really struggling. Now, I've read a lot of the posts about people chiding others to learn the lesson of buying trip insurance etc. But the reality is that a lot of people did take a financial hit. And again, I'm not saying anything about the necessity to postpone. All I'm saying is that I sort of feel like we've all been "Marty Moose-d". "Sorry folks, Wally World needs to close..." Clark and his family got a recording from the plastic Marty Moose after enduring the back seat stench, cousin Eddie and Aunt Edna problems of the trip. The quoting from Curtis sort of left me with the Marty Moose feeling. Now, I'm of course not going to run out and look for a BB gun to pop John Candy's corpse in the ass, but the feeling of utter disappointment seems equivalent. And again, so we're all clear here, I totally get the reasoning and its necessity. I'm really not even that miffed overall. I'm counting my lucky stars that the shows have been rescheduled. That's wonderful, and I can't wait for them. But, is Ed out there? Is he in America? Regardless of where he is, I just can't believe he didn't take the time to address his devoted fans himself. Anyone else find this a bit odd and off-putting? I mean if a wedding needs to be postponed five days before it goes off, would you want to find out from the coordinator or the couple? I think I'd prefer hearing from the couple I was excited to see and celebrate with. You?

What are you talking about? Ed came to my house personally to inform me of the news. We both cried a little. Then he tussled my hair and said, "Everything's going to be just fine, sport."

You must not have been home.

:roll:

^ best.response.ever. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    Get well Eddie! Hopefully you are able to play guitar this summer on the Pearl Jam tour (and I will see you for the first time).

I believe it's possible that the European tour with Pearl Jam will be done even if Eddie wouldn't be able to play guitar. It wouldn't be the same but it's better than no tour or do you think it should be postponed if he wouldn't be able to play the guitar?
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    jmk wrote:
    Get well Eddie! Hopefully you are able to play guitar this summer on the Pearl Jam tour (and I will see you for the first time).

I believe it's possible that the European tour with Pearl Jam will be done even if Eddie wouldn't be able to play guitar. It wouldn't be the same but it's better than no tour or do you think it should be postponed if he wouldn't be able to play the guitar?

For me personally, Eddie should just come to Amsterdam and let somebody else play the guitar. Then we still have the enjoyment of Eddie's beautiful voice :D
  • Options
    I would think that the Euro tour would still happen, even if Eddie can't play guitar-the others could fill in his parts for him. The only way I think it would be postponed is if Eddie is in pain and is not able to sing. I pray that he continues to heal and makes a full recovery very soon.

Get well soon, Eddie!! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Eddie released a personal statement in the "Hey Girl" thread ;)

Get well soon Eddie!

tumblr_m2bei8v5Hm1rtpfkmo1_400.jpg
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    lost-doglost-dog Posts: 80
    Where is Ed? That's really all I want to know through all of this. I am A ok with the reasoning behind the postponement. The #1 thing is his health, and I truly hope he can get back to 100% asap. I wish him nothing but the best, speediest recovery as I totally love the guy. The only thing that I was dismayed about, and found to be a bit off-character for Ed, was a lack of a direct personal statement with his explanation and apology. From the official posting: "Eddie Vedder has announced...", he did? Where? When? To whom? It's a solo tour with his name on the ticket, not Kelly Curtis. I just found it odd. We all love the guy and know how awesome an artist and communicator he is. How much time would it take to put together at least a paragraph straight from the man himself? I will not sit here and say he doesn't care, because I strongly feel that he does. And I strongly feel that he's very sorry the postponement had to be done. So that's why I find it strange that he's missing in all this. How hard would it be to make a personal direct statement to the fans. The reality of today's economy is that people are really struggling. Now, I've read a lot of the posts about people chiding others to learn the lesson of buying trip insurance etc. But the reality is that a lot of people did take a financial hit. And again, I'm not saying anything about the necessity to postpone. All I'm saying is that I sort of feel like we've all been "Marty Moose-d". "Sorry folks, Wally World needs to close..." Clark and his family got a recording from the plastic Marty Moose after enduring the back seat stench, cousin Eddie and Aunt Edna problems of the trip. The quoting from Curtis sort of left me with the Marty Moose feeling. Now, I'm of course not going to run out and look for a BB gun to pop John Candy's corpse in the ass, but the feeling of utter disappointment seems equivalent. And again, so we're all clear here, I totally get the reasoning and its necessity. I'm really not even that miffed overall. I'm counting my lucky stars that the shows have been rescheduled. That's wonderful, and I can't wait for them. But, is Ed out there? Is he in America? Regardless of where he is, I just can't believe he didn't take the time to address his devoted fans himself. Anyone else find this a bit odd and off-putting? I mean if a wedding needs to be postponed five days before it goes off, would you want to find out from the coordinator or the couple? I think I'd prefer hearing from the couple I was excited to see and celebrate with. You?

What are you talking about? Ed came to my house personally to inform me of the news. We both cried a little. Then he tussled my hair and said, "Everything's going to be just fine, sport."

You must not have been home.

:roll:

^ best.response.ever. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    ^ true. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    jmk wrote:

For me personally, Eddie should just come to Amsterdam and let somebody else play the guitar. Then we still have the enjoyment of Eddie's beautiful voice :D
    If he can't really move, he couldn't do it. Or if just the rigors of travelling/touring itself got in the way of healing, he couldn't do it. There is no way this is just about not being able to strum a guitar. If he can't even do that, then he can't do much of anything. Or trying to perform and tour could jeopardize his recovery.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Crazy idea- What if Eddie says were gonna make these PJ shows to say I'm sorry.
    Kansas City 1998, Kansas City 2000, EV- Santa Cruz 2008, EV- Berkeley #1 2008, EV- Berkeley #2 2008, Outside Lands 2009, Seattle #2 2009, Portland 2009, LA #3 2009, LA #4 2009, SD 2009, KC 2010, STL 2010, CBUS 2010, Indy 2010, Cle 2010, Buffalo 2010, Boston 2010, Newark 2010, MSG 1 2010, MSG 2 2010, PJ20 1 2011, PJ20 2 2011, Midtown 2012, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013, OKC 2013, STL 2014, Tulsa 2014, Lincoln 2014.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    best wishes to Ed, I wish him a super speedy recovery! And I feel really sorry for any fans affected in the States... I hope EVERYONE can make it to the rescheduled dates!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Options
    I'm hoping Eddie feels better and stronger soon.
    Into the Wild Things