Options

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES (OLD)

Comments

• Options
    capricornncapricornn Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    "So it goes..."

Get Well Soon Ed.
    Post edited by capricornn on
  • Options
    Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    I feel for those out money and wish Ed a speedy and full recovery.
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    spnoone wrote:
    Do we have any information yet on when/where/how refunded tickets will be made available? Both 10c and tm. Thanks.

"All refunded fan club tickets will be held by Ten Club with the intention of reselling them through a fan club drawing at an undetermined later date"
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Just think about it this way...if he had been in a car accident and hurt his back, would that change the feelings of all the people who are so upset? He didn't try to hurt himself...it was just an ACCIDENT! Best for him to rest, rehab and restore than to play now and possibly hurt himself permanently! Don't we all want them to play for 20 more years? I know I do. Get better, Eddie!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I'm off the message board for a few days and look what I missed! :wtf:

Get well soon, Ed.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 53
    Get well Ed...see you in June ...!!
    If you hate somethin don't you do it too!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I was not able to get tic to the first arrangement of shows. Maybe now I can atleast try. Please.. Get better soon Ed, there's a lot of us out here pulling for you!!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    So what's happening with the Pearl Jam shows for this year?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    E.K wrote:
    you need to visit europe....and come to see some relatives to Greece as well :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    E.K wrote:

True ... send me over a plane ticket to Greece :)

So Pearl Jam Europe shows are still happening then? I'm confused. :?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    E.K wrote:
    E.K wrote:

True ... send me over a plane ticket to Greece :)

So Pearl Jam Europe shows are still happening then? I'm confused. :?
    its in 2.5 months from now..we hope eddie will be healthy...
    most imprtant isnt the shows,is health :):)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am hoping Ed gets well soon..
    It has been good to be reminded that he is mortal just like the rest of us... I have always viewed Eddie/Pearl Jam as a very reliable thing in my life.. mostly because the music is alway there for me.. when I need it most.

I hope he is in well enough shape the play the Pearl Jam shows in Europe.. If not, I am very interested to see shows where Eddie cant play guitar.. He will just have to sing and Stone will have to take up the slack.. I think this creates a very exciting possibility..

Get well soon Ed!! we love ya!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    vs_fanvs_fan Posts: 24
    When I heard the news the other day, it brought tears to my eyes. Part of it was I wasn't gonna be seeing my favorite performer next week and the other part was that he had to postpone the show due to injury. I've been looking forward to these 2 vegas shows for months since this will be my first time seeing Eddie Vedder solo live and have seen Pearl Jam many times. It sucks now I've gotta wait til Halloween which seems far away but at least I have something planned for Halloween now.

Eddie we wish you a speedy recovery and after reading these posts, we're all right behind ya and can't wait to see you at 100%.
    2003: Irvine
    2005: Toronto
    2006: Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles 1 & 2, Henry Fonda, Honolulu
    2009: Universal City 3 & 4
    2011: Calgary, Edmonton
    2013: Los Angeles 1 & 2, Oakland, Seattle
    2014: Austin (Week 2), Milwaukee, Denver
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Philly 1 & 2
    2018: Seattle 2, Wrigley 1 & 2 
    EV:
    2012: Las Vegas 1 & 2
    2016: Ohana 
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    OMFG... I just realized that the make-up ABQ show is going to be ON Election Day! That is going to be so strange to not be watching the returns and (hopefully) going to the Obama victory party. But if I was going to miss the real-time announcement of who the next President is, it would be for a Vedder concert!!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Wishing Eddie a full and speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you, Eddie.
  • Options
    Love you ed. Hopefully you'll be okay. Get better soon.
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    OMFG... I just realized that the make-up ABQ show is going to be ON Election Day! That is going to be so strange to not be watching the returns and (hopefully) going to the Obama victory party. But if I was going to miss the real-time announcement of who the next President is, it would be for a Vedder concert!!

why would anyone want to go to a political victory party? they are all crooks....well 90% of them
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996

Just think, you will probably get a close to real time announcement from Eddie Vedder! Pretty cool. I would anticipate plenty of dialogue about the election and updates as results come in.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Romney is going to usher in the next American century and you'll hear it from Ed!
    Cool

Woot
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    JimmyV wrote:

Just think, you will probably get a close to real time announcement from Eddie Vedder! Pretty cool. I would anticipate plenty of dialogue about the election and updates as results come in.
    That's what j thought too. I can't imagine anywhere else I'd rather be on an election night personally. An Eddie Vedder show is infinitely better than election coverage on the news.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Bad news for Eddie, but great news for me. Just bought two balcony tickets to the Nov. 30 show in Fort Lauderdale.

The Lauderdale shows were originally off the table for me because I'm getting married in mid-May, but now my fianceé (wife, in the future tense) and I can go visit her folks in South Florida in November and see Eddie solo.
    08.06.2000 • Greensboro
    06.26.2006 • St. Paul
    11.30.2012 • Fort Lauderdale [EV]
    10.29.2013 • Charlottesville
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    81 wrote:

why would anyone want to go to a political victory party? they are all crooks....well 90% of them

Thats just what Ed would say!!! (well kind of)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    so for those of you who are getting refunds for tickets via ticketmaster...are they asking you to return the tickets? reason i ask is the lady told me i had to return the tickets before i could get my refund, but i already got a credit on my card for half of my orders. don't really want to drive to the post office if i don't have to. not sure if i should just wait a few days to see if i get the rest or what. they can't recharge me after giving me a credit if i weren't to return them right?

oh and bummer about your back ed, take it easy back pain is no joke yo.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    Bad news for Eddie, but great news for me. Just bought two balcony tickets to the Nov. 30 show in Fort Lauderdale.

The Lauderdale shows were originally off the table for me because I'm getting married in mid-May, but now my fianceé (wife, in the future tense) and I can go visit her folks in South Florida in November and see Eddie solo.

right on! i was able to get 2 mezzanine to the 11/30 show and now i have time to save for tickets to the 1st....very excited...
    doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you...

Pittsburgh '00
    PennState '03; Camden 1 '03; Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Ottawa '05; Borgata 2 '05
    Ed Sullivan Theater '06; Hartford '06; NJ 1-2 '06
    WPB '08; Tampa '08; EV Newark '08
    EV Ft. Lauderale '12
    Ft. Lauderale '16; Miami '16
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

That's what j thought too. I can't imagine anywhere else I'd rather be on an election night personally. An Eddie Vedder show is infinitely better than election coverage on the news.

I'm totally there! Trust me, I would be nowhere else that night. Just when I first realized it, I thought it might be a strange evening. I mean, can you believe the immediate mood Ed might be in if we get President Romney? It might derail the entire show. But, again, it will be a really excellent night when the news first hits.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    Just think about it this way...if he had been in a car accident and hurt his back, would that change the feelings of all the people who are so upset? He didn't try to hurt himself...it was just an ACCIDENT! Best for him to rest, rehab and restore than to play now and possibly hurt himself permanently! Don't we all want them to play for 20 more years? I know I do. Get better, Eddie!

:clap:
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Health always comes first and even minor back injuries are awful so get well soon. Shows can always be rescheduled.

With that said, any chance of a proper New Orleans show? Some of us booked flights and can't stay for the whole weekend of Jazz Fest to enjoy the festival (work schedules) and Ed was playing on a very light day. I can't get a refund on the flight (i can only reschedule to New Orleans). I took a chance thinking Ed's Jazz Fest show would be memorable because it's the only reason he was touring in the first place. I realize that all of our flights/hotels/vacation days/cash are affected I was just really hoping to see Eddie live. I'm fine with losing the money on the Jazz Fest tickets and buying tickets for another show there.

With all of the theaters and clubs in New Orleans I would hope Ed could find time for a show.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Where is Ed? That's really all I want to know through all of this. I am A ok with the reasoning behind the postponement. The #1 thing is his health, and I truly hope he can get back to 100% asap. I wish him nothing but the best, speediest recovery as I totally love the guy. The only thing that I was dismayed about, and found to be a bit off-character for Ed, was a lack of a direct personal statement with his explanation and apology. From the official posting: "Eddie Vedder has announced...", he did? Where? When? To whom? It's a solo tour with his name on the ticket, not Kelly Curtis. I just found it odd. We all love the guy and know how awesome an artist and communicator he is. How much time would it take to put together at least a paragraph straight from the man himself? I will not sit here and say he doesn't care, because I strongly feel that he does. And I strongly feel that he's very sorry the postponement had to be done. So that's why I find it strange that he's missing in all this. How hard would it be to make a personal direct statement to the fans. The reality of today's economy is that people are really struggling. Now, I've read a lot of the posts about people chiding others to learn the lesson of buying trip insurance etc. But the reality is that a lot of people did take a financial hit. And again, I'm not saying anything about the necessity to postpone. All I'm saying is that I sort of feel like we've all been "Marty Moose-d". "Sorry folks, Wally World needs to close..." Clark and his family got a recording from the plastic Marty Moose after enduring the back seat stench, cousin Eddie and Aunt Edna problems of the trip. The quoting from Curtis sort of left me with the Marty Moose feeling. Now, I'm of course not going to run out and look for a BB gun to pop John Candy's corpse in the ass, but the feeling of utter disappointment seems equivalent. And again, so we're all clear here, I totally get the reasoning and its necessity. I'm really not even that miffed overall. I'm counting my lucky stars that the shows have been rescheduled. That's wonderful, and I can't wait for them. But, is Ed out there? Is he in America? Regardless of where he is, I just can't believe he didn't take the time to address his devoted fans himself. Anyone else find this a bit odd and off-putting? I mean if a wedding needs to be postponed five days before it goes off, would you want to find out from the coordinator or the couple? I think I'd prefer hearing from the couple I was excited to see and celebrate with. You?

What are you talking about? Ed came to my house personally to inform me of the news. We both cried a little. Then he tussled my hair and said, "Everything's going to be just fine, sport."

You must not have been home.

:roll:
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I guess we're sure to hear some of Eds new thoughts on Obama on the re-scheduled dates.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Sugar-MagnoliaSugar-Magnolia Loveland, CO Posts: 233
    slightofjeff,
    That HAS to be the best post on this thread. You made me laugh until a tear came from my eye :lol:
    Seriously, you have no idea how much I needed that. Thanks! 8-)
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*