Options

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES (OLD)

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

personally, i'd still go on the trip if i planned on....and right aroudn 8pm or so, i'd plug my headphones into my ipod and listen to a Vedder solo boot. :P but that's me.

cheers.

Now that is an awesome idea :thumbup: And welcome back :wave: I like your new pic :D
    :P :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Hope Ed that you recover quickly, must be frustrating to say the least. Take care thinking of you x
  • Options
    Where is Ed? That's really all I want to know through all of this. I am A ok with the reasoning behind the postponement. The #1 thing is his health, and I truly hope he can get back to 100% asap. I wish him nothing but the best, speediest recovery as I totally love the guy. The only thing that I was dismayed about, and found to be a bit off-character for Ed, was a lack of a direct personal statement with his explanation and apology. From the official posting: "Eddie Vedder has announced...", he did? Where? When? To whom? It's a solo tour with his name on the ticket, not Kelly Curtis. I just found it odd. We all love the guy and know how awesome an artist and communicator he is. How much time would it take to put together at least a paragraph straight from the man himself? I will not sit here and say he doesn't care, because I strongly feel that he does. And I strongly feel that he's very sorry the postponement had to be done. So that's why I find it strange that he's missing in all this. How hard would it be to make a personal direct statement to the fans. The reality of today's economy is that people are really struggling. Now, I've read a lot of the posts about people chiding others to learn the lesson of buying trip insurance etc. But the reality is that a lot of people did take a financial hit. And again, I'm not saying anything about the necessity to postpone. All I'm saying is that I sort of feel like we've all been "Marty Moose-d". "Sorry folks, Wally World needs to close..." Clark and his family got a recording from the plastic Marty Moose after enduring the back seat stench, cousin Eddie and Aunt Edna problems of the trip. The quoting from Curtis sort of left me with the Marty Moose feeling. Now, I'm of course not going to run out and look for a BB gun to pop John Candy's corpse in the ass, but the feeling of utter disappointment seems equivalent. And again, so we're all clear here, I totally get the reasoning and its necessity. I'm really not even that miffed overall. I'm counting my lucky stars that the shows have been rescheduled. That's wonderful, and I can't wait for them. But, is Ed out there? Is he in America? Regardless of where he is, I just can't believe he didn't take the time to address his devoted fans himself. Anyone else find this a bit odd and off-putting? I mean if a wedding needs to be postponed five days before it goes off, would you want to find out from the coordinator or the couple? I think I'd prefer hearing from the couple I was excited to see and celebrate with. You?
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Where is Ed?
    Eddie and I went mountain biking this morning... then, we pushed a giant boulder up a hill.
    He's right here and he says to say, 'My back really, really hurts bad'.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,641
    I was just getting my ducks in a row for Clearwater. But boo... no shows now.
    }All positive vibes healing Ed.{
    We all know he hates to dissappoint and has performed through hardships before....this had to be a tough decision to make.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    81 wrote:
    Sucks all around.....

hopefully Ed gets heathly

sucks for all those that had a trip planned.

personally, i'd still go on the trip if i planned on....and right aroudn 8pm or so, i'd plug my headphones into my ipod and listen to a Vedder solo boot. :P but that's me.

cheers.

I think I'll re-watch Water on the Road the original night of the show... only seen it once before.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    AmyMooreAmyMoore Posts: 139
    Where is Ed?

I found Stone, but I still haven't found Ed.

StoneWaldo.jpg
  • Options
    tamwagontamwagon Posts: 9
    :( So sorry to hear this. Eddie get better soon. Love you!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Prolly his third kid coming I think. Odd why they announced it in such detail and not just 'illness'. When people lie they tend to go into too much detail...
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Cosmo(puke!) and AmyMoore - Bravo.

If nerve damage is similar to the pain caused by pulled ligaments and tendonitis in the trapezius which radiates down your entire arm and you can't tie your goddamn shoes let alone do much of anything ... oh man, can I sympathize.

It's a hard decision for Ed to make, but it's the right one.

-- Edit --

Normally I'd be annoyed, but people trying to suggest there's deception afoot regarding the postponement, the announcement from Curtis Management, or Eddie's ailment itself is so hilarious that I'd almost encourage people to keep 'em coming.

11026-tinfoil-hat.jpg
  • Options
    VespertineSunVespertineSun Seattle, WA Posts: 45
    Why the need to speculate or analyze the announcement? The tour is postponed and that is that, things happen. Heal quickly Ed, my friend.
    Be sound.
  • Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    I just hope he gets well. We need a healthy Eddie Vedder so we can have someone to rock out to over the next 20 or 30 years!! I want to still be buying Eddie Vedder solo tickets when I'm 60 years old!! 8-)

Music wise, I would just be lost without Eddie Vedder. Get well Edward! :D
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    AmyMoore wrote:
    Where is Ed?

StoneWaldo.jpg
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    G-FuryG-Fury Posts: 53
    Man I am so bummed about this. I hope Ed heals quickly. I would bet my life that Ed is just as upset about letting down his fans as we are of getting this news.

Luckily for me I don't have to travel, I feel bad for those who can't get refunds on plane tickets.

The countdown starts over....how many day until November 4th? :cry:
  • Options
    tech19tech19 Posts: 3
    sry bout your back and arm ed i was thinking surfing or the michigoneon hook wash my hook, you fking rock no matter what, seen the rhcp in raleigh nc the other night i was blown away, i put them up there with The Greatist FKING band of all time at doing live shows well right under them wull say the 2nd dont think no one will ever top a Pearl jam show but they rocked, peace oh yea play fking parachutes more why not
    all those paper plates
  • Options
    LA98LA98 Posts: 256
    AmyMoore wrote:
    Where is Ed?

StoneWaldo.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Back pain SUCKS. Feel better soon, Ed!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    AmyMoore wrote:
    Where is Ed?

StoneWaldo.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Why the need to speculate or analyze the announcement? The tour is postponed and that is that, things happen. Heal quickly Ed, my friend.

Unfortunately people can't help themselves.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/people/2012/0 ... o-surgery/

surgery?

I hope this won't impact the tour this summer :?:
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    ptricia435 wrote:

I´m afraid it may be complicated stuff and that all touring schedules this years could be affected.

I sincerely hope not since I´m going big this time, hitting 5 Euro shows this summer, but Ed clearly needs to take it seriously and his health comes first.

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    Wishing you all the best Eddie and a good recovery! There is only one Eddie Vedder, so take care! I am so sorry about this. If there is a surgery I hope it all goes well so that you can recover and get your health back as soon as possible!

All my love and good thoughts to Eddie.
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ptricia435 wrote:
    it doesn't say surgery though ... I don't think :?
    In the article it says the exact same release statement we have heard.

I hurt my back playing football with 5 dogs January 26th 2009,
    by the end of February I couldn't walk and a Doc scheduled me for back surgery
    without discussing it with me first ...
    got a call from the hospital! :? :wtf:

I refused and in time with rest I could walk again.

Spinal surgery is a big deal and can lead to follow up surgeries
    due to scar tissue.
    I am praying he does not need to do this.

Eddie is strong and surrounded by love and positive thoughts ...
    loving thoughts and prayers daily for his recovery.
  • Options
    green mountain mangreen mountain man Posts: 735
    edited April 2012
    pandora wrote:
    ptricia435 wrote:
    it doesn't say surgery though ... I don't think :?
    In the article it says the exact same release statement we have heard.

I hurt my back playing football with 5 dogs January 26th 2009,
    by the end of February I couldn't walk and a Doc scheduled me for back surgery
    without discussing it with me first ...
    got a call from the hospital! :? :wtf:

I refused and in time with rest I could walk again.

Spinal surgery is a big deal and can lead to follow up surgeries
    due to scar tissue.
    I am praying he does not need to do this.

Eddie is strong and surrounded by love and positive thoughts ...
    loving thoughts and prayers daily for his recovery.
    You should report that MD to the medical ethics board. He / she completely ignored procedural protocol and is
    only concerned with making $$$$$. Incidents like this are a major reason U. S. healthcare is a mess.
    I am glad that you made the right decision and feel better.
    Post edited by green mountain man on
  • Options
    To-HTo-H Posts: 4
    Feel better!

G a n b a r e ! Eddie!!

from Japan.
    11 PJ20DW(×2)
    10 New York(×2)
    09 Seattle #2
    08 New York(×2),Washington
    06 Melbourne(×2)
    05 Toronto
    03 Nagoya,Osaka,Tokyo,Yokohama,Sendai
    95 Osaka
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    :?: They are just talking about the US solo tour.
    How about the European dates? Are they still on? :?
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    ptricia435 wrote:

Why do people believe this crap? All that article says is what Kelly Curtis said the other day and the journo includes 'surgery' in the headline.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Sugar-MagnoliaSugar-Magnolia Loveland, CO Posts: 233
    I am so shocked by Ed's injury!!!
    But I really hope he doesn't push himself too hard or too fast.
    And for me, the postponed dates work out better!
    And for all the people who are upset and blaming Eddie for being a human-- I am almost glad you are missing out. Shit happends! Take the negative attitudes somewhere else.
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
  • Options
    barbbarb Italy Posts: 14
    Get well soon Eddie.
    Much love,
    B
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited April 2012
    ptricia435 wrote:
    A friend of mine had back surgery last year to realign lower vertebrae that were pressing on some nerves and making him completely immobile and useless, and he was bowling about 8 weeks later. :) Things can always go wrong with any surgery, but barring unexpected complications, they can also really really help and save people's quality of life quickly. I've been in a position to know some professional athletes and have heard several of them say that surgery was the best decision they ever made (both for backs and knees) and saved their careers; most come back from back surgery after around 3 months,and that's hockey players in the NHL! So if they can cone back to an impact sport at that level of caution for their fitness, things are looking good for Eddie if he does choose surgery! . so IF this surgery thing is true, there is no reason to panic or even think it would affect the summer tour. Don't know where this surgery thing came from, but honestly, that could be GOOD news if it happens.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    Do we have any information yet on when/where/how refunded tickets will be made available? Both 10c and tm. Thanks.