Options

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES (OLD)

Comments

• Options
    DG229134DG229134 Posts: 16
    Get well Ed! Such shitty news - Halloween in Vegas can't come soon enough. Now just need to figure out what and where I'm going to go since I took the week off work for the Vegas shows. Will for sure rebook Vegas for Oct/Nov but I'm now itching for some fun next week!!
    PJ Winnipeg 05
    EV L.A. 08
    PJ Calgary 09
    PJ New York I&2 '10
    PJ London '10
    PJ France '10
    EV Minneapolis '11
    EV Seattle 1+2 '11
    PJ20 1+2 '11
    Winnipeg '11
    Calgary '11
    Edmonton '11
    Missoula '12
    EV Las Vegas 1+2 '12
    Chicago '13
    Calgary '13
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cosmo wrote:
    RFTC wrote:
    Get well Ed,

I am more upset that i did not get IBTL on sawyers thread, that shit was gold Jerry, pure gold! :lol:

everyone else, please take a chill and November will be here before y'all know it.
    Reasoned response. I like it.
    As you said, it ain't the end of the world. If the airline and hotel won't refund... take the trip anyway, right? It was going to be a vacation... take the vacation, enjoy the destination.
    There's bigger things we have to worry about in this life. Missing an Eddie Vedder gig ain't one of them.
    Get well soon, Eddie. Go to Hawaii and show up unannounced at some cheesy tourist karaoke bar near Waikiki... by the Rainbow food place... and sing some bullshit Lady Gaga songs for the heck of it. You know... do some dumb shit like that. It always works for me.

true...might as well take the trip if no refund ......sucks but this is life

i will say people are crazy for not taking trip insurance especially on trips for concerts...too many things can happen b4 the trip/shows
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    sheri zona wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    Go to Hawaii and show up unannounced at some cheesy tourist karaoke bar near Waikiki... by the Rainbow food place... and sing some bullshit Lady Gaga songs for the heck of it. You know... do some dumb shit like that. It always works for me.

Wang Chung's on Koa has about 2 dozen PJ songs, he wouldn't even need backup :lol:

or go back to moose mcgillac or whatever its called lmao whatever in Lahaina and play with the pj cover band and rodman
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,221
    Get better Mr. Vedder

I feel terrible for people getting ready to travel..... Such a bummer.

I know my PJ/Eddie live excitement starts from the moment I secure tix all the way up to the show, and after for a while. I go to a lot of shows from many Artists I love and no one gets me nutty like PJ.

I've got sick seats for Bruce Monday night at MSG.....though I'm over the moon....... Nothing comes close to PJ IMO

I'd be devastated, but I trust the members of this bands sincerity. We put them up on pedestals..... Just reinforces the fact they aren't any different than you and I..... Things happen.

I'm sure Ed will go out of his way for the make up shows and stay a little longer after for the little meet n greets.
  • Options
    Here's wishing Eddie a speedy recovery! Hope he heals quickly, and feels no more pain.
    My prayers are with him.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    Just got an email from ticketmaster informing me of the postponement and giving me an option to get a refund.
  • Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    Ahh shit...poor Eddie. I know the feeling, for sure. I broke my right elbow a few years back, and sustained nerve damage that still doesn't seem to have fully healed. Oh well, I'm sure he has the best doctors and physical therapists available to tend to him in his time of need.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    Liana69Liana69 Posts: 8
    I am soooo soooo ....I can't even complete the sentence. Yes I arranged plane fare and hotel accommodations, yes I lost money, but not nearly as much as some....However.....I love Pearl Jam and I love Eddie tooo tooo much to be angry. My initial reaction was anger until I read why. But even if you blew us off for some bullshyt reason, I would still find a way to be OK with it. smh - What can I say....It's the music....and I can't get enough of it.

Please, Ed if you are reading this my God please do get better, rest, get better, rest get better. PAH-LEEZE do not let this be the beginning of the end of your performances. I love you guys, and Ed, I will see you on Halloween. Oh I even bought a ticket for the Manchester England performance - From Cali to England - watch out now!!! (low-key) - still working out that flight thang....So maybe see you guys there too....

PS. I HATE VEGAS.....and Vegas on Halloween literally will be hell. But I am STILL gonna be up in the house cheer-leading yo azz all the way....Everything happens for a reason, and I will be praying for your recovery.

God Bless,
    Liana
    :-P
    All things Pearl Jam Baby!!!
  • Options
    VeroneyVeroney Posts: 32
    HEY NOW!!
    Live Free, no life wasted!
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Rossum20 wrote:
    Wait, so the tour was announced about 2 months ago and he's been rehabbing for about 2 months? Math is not my strong suit, but can someone explain how that makes sense?

They know this is an artist that has an extremely large traveling fanbase, and now my rescheduled shows - which I'm already losing out on my flight for - are going to be the weekend leading into Thanksgiving. That theater is going to be empty now, how sad. I had an extra pair I just had to sell 20 rows from the stage and I got $20 less than face for them.

Add that to the fact that my friend and girlfriend who I coaxed into going with us just bought their flights YESTERDAY. UGH. 5 days before the tour we find out? I know shit happens...but this hurts, and certainly was something that could have been avoided in my opinion. No big surprise I guess...it's the new standard.

And now we can pretty much rule out a US Tour this year, which adds to the disappointment. A one-off at Alpine seems possible, but not more than that. I hope Ed gets better and better fast. The Euro Tour isn't far off either.

For the sake of not being negative on this board I'm going to tone down how I really feel about your post. We all know how committed to his music, art, writing, and generally being a good, make that great guy Eddie Vedder is. We've seen it for 21 years now.

You have no idea what he is going through. It could be something worse than what you think it is.

So you have to make a couple of phone calls to cancel a hotel and a flight. I'm not going to say stop crying. That would be rude and I'm not looking to be that way. But I will say you should reevaluate your feelings. Life is about more than concerts and you should refocus your priorities. I understand your initial frustration but hope that you've now lightened up some.

How do you think Aaron Rodgers would react to something like this?

Considering Rodgers is a millionaire, I'm sure that money would be nothing. But that has nothing to do with this, or anything I said.

NOT ONCE did I make the assumption that Ed was faking it or wasn't actually hurt, or it wasn't serious, or that I wouldn't want him to get better. I'm sure he's bummed as well. I was initially ticked because he underwent surgery two months ago and that is basically the same time the tour announcement happened. Im not going to get into that, I'm sure they made the best decision they could at the time, but it was probably so they wouldn't lose out on the deals they signed with promoters and the venues. That's lost $$. Ironically, it's the fans who pay for it. Again, I'm not saying I'd do it any differently being in his shoes, it is what it is, but we can certainly be pissed about it.

Eddie Vedder gets my benefit of the doubt certainly, considering his track record. No Doubt. If I had known back in February or even a couple weeks ago, I would have been able to recoup some of the costs.

Such is life I guess, but postponing it 6 months so now I can't get my money back on the StubHub tickets I got for my friend last month who was getting deployed to Afghanistan (and someway, somehow his deployment orders were rescinded - thank god - although it was going to be even more fun as a result for us)...and other people saying they aren't getting refunds for their ticket master tickets either? If that's the case, then I'm really up shit creek.

There is no reason people can't come on here and vent for getting bent over, whether it was intentional or not...I certainly didn't insinuate most of what you accused me of insinuating, but thanks for taking the time to "calm me down". Reevaluate my priorities? What the fuck does that mean? I wanted to celebrate great music with my best friend before he had to go overseas and this was my one PJ/EV opportunity for the year. Now I'm tapped out. Just wait until it happens to you and you can practice refocusing your priorities.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    edited April 2012
    I'm sad for Ed that he is having to postpone these shows. I can't imagine that it feels good to come to that decision. :(
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    so last time pj/ed postponed a tour was 1995. for 17 years, with the exception of 9 people dying in denmark, pj and ed have never canceled a tour. and even after nine fans died the band came back and played 2 full legs across the united states. give ed a little credit, there is no way he wanted to postpone this tour. some of you need a reality check. to the south: ed will rock you twice as hard, just like he did in salt lake city in 95.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Rossum20 wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:
    Wait, so the tour was announced about 2 months ago and he's been rehabbing for about 2 months? Math is not my strong suit, but can someone explain how that makes sense?

They know this is an artist that has an extremely large traveling fanbase, and now my rescheduled shows - which I'm already losing out on my flight for - are going to be the weekend leading into Thanksgiving. That theater is going to be empty now, how sad. I had an extra pair I just had to sell 20 rows from the stage and I got $20 less than face for them.

Add that to the fact that my friend and girlfriend who I coaxed into going with us just bought their flights YESTERDAY. UGH. 5 days before the tour we find out? I know shit happens...but this hurts, and certainly was something that could have been avoided in my opinion. No big surprise I guess...it's the new standard.

And now we can pretty much rule out a US Tour this year, which adds to the disappointment. A one-off at Alpine seems possible, but not more than that. I hope Ed gets better and better fast. The Euro Tour isn't far off either.

For the sake of not being negative on this board I'm going to tone down how I really feel about your post. We all know how committed to his music, art, writing, and generally being a good, make that great guy Eddie Vedder is. We've seen it for 21 years now.

You have no idea what he is going through. It could be something worse than what you think it is.

So you have to make a couple of phone calls to cancel a hotel and a flight. I'm not going to say stop crying. That would be rude and I'm not looking to be that way. But I will say you should reevaluate your feelings. Life is about more than concerts and you should refocus your priorities. I understand your initial frustration but hope that you've now lightened up some.

How do you think Aaron Rodgers would react to something like this?

Considering Rodgers is a millionaire, I'm sure that money would be nothing. But that has nothing to do with this, or anything I said.

NOT ONCE did I make the assumption that Ed was faking it or wasn't actually hurt, or it wasn't serious, or that I wouldn't want him to get better. I'm sure he's bummed as well. I was initially ticked because he underwent surgery two months ago and that is basically the same time the tour announcement happened. Im not going to get into that, I'm sure they made the best decision they could at the time, but it was probably so they wouldn't lose out on the deals they signed with promoters and the venues. That's lost $$. Ironically, it's the fans who pay for it. Again, I'm not saying I'd do it any differently being in his shoes, it is what it is, but we can certainly be pissed about it.

Eddie Vedder gets my benefit of the doubt certainly, considering his track record. No Doubt. If I had known back in February or even a couple weeks ago, I would have been able to recoup some of the costs.

Such is life I guess, but postponing it 6 months so now I can't get my money back on the StubHub tickets I got for my friend last month who was getting deployed to Afghanistan (and someway, somehow his deployment orders were rescinded - thank god - although it was going to be even more fun as a result for us)...and other people saying they aren't getting refunds for their ticket master tickets either? If that's the case, then I'm really up shit creek.

There is no reason people can't come on here and vent for getting bent over, whether it was intentional or not...I certainly didn't insinuate most of what you accused me of insinuating, but thanks for taking the time to "calm me down". Reevaluate my priorities? What the fuck does that mean? I wanted to celebrate great music with my best friend before he had to go overseas and this was my one PJ/EV opportunity for the year. Now I'm tapped out. Just wait until it happens to you and you can practice refocusing your priorities.

So, I am going to be unpopular and say I agree with Rossum20 - my first thought was if he's been injured for at least 2 months then why announce the tour at all? Or why keep it a secret? Reality is there are a lot of us who were travelling for this tour and to get a deal sometimes you can't get a refund. Yes this is our risk, but it's also a risk that seems could have been softened had we been aware of a high probability of cancellations (I for sure would have bought insurance if I could have). So, I have shelled out quite a bit of dough and now we're going to Vegas anyway - and honestly there is no way in hell my husband would have agreed to go to Vegas if there was no Eddie show, but it is what it is, and we have our time off work scheduled and everything booked and paid for, just sad there will be no Eddie and we're gonna have to shell our more dough to find something else to do that day/night. Also, I personally find it a little unfair that they are only giving us 2 weeks to decide if we are going to the rescheduled event or if we want a refund. For me it means a decision to shell out at least another thousand bucks to go to Vegas for a second time this year- not all of us fans are millionaires with open-ended work schedules. It would be nice if Ten Club a) gave us a bit more time to decide or b) allowed us an option to switch to a different city if possible so we don't make a tip to the same city for a second time. I REALLY want to see Eddie solo as I haven't yet experienced it, and I am crossing my fingers that if I take the risk and don't ask for a refund that a) I'll be able to go for the Nov 1 show and b) flights and hotels aren't stupid expensive at Halloween/November in Vegas. I personally would have rather seen Eddie focus on getting better and not announce the tour at all than have gone through this roller coaster of being so fucking happy to snag Ten Club lotto tickets and arrange an awesome trip around it only to have heartbreak just days before the show.
    Also, this is a fan forum and Rossum20 (and I) have not bashed Eddie and we're not saying fuck you, we're expressing dissatisfaction regarding a shitty situation.
    Vancouver May 04-24
    Vancouver Dec 04-13, Seattle Dec 06-2013
    Vancouver Sep 25-11, Vancouver Sep 25-09, Vancouver Sep 02-05, Vancouver May 30-03, Vancouver Jul 19-98, Vancouver Sep 04-93

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Imagine the posters printed already?
    Paul lol

Feel better, Ed :( Take good care of yourself, that's the most important thing.
  • Options
    Although I am crushed for selfish reasons because I (LIKE AN IDIOT) overpaid for 2nd row tickets for the one show I was actually able to attend and then bought my plane tickets only just 5 days ago....

Wait....PEOPLE, who the FFFFFFFF cares?!?!?!?!? Maybe I'm out some cash short term, but seriously....

eV is injured.
    INJURED.
    His health is more important than anything...and if you seriously for even a minute think that he would cancel with a light heart, knowing full well the repercussions to all the fans....Come on, - not likely.

Think about it. If he didn't cancel, and gave a sub-par performance because he was in too much pain, what would you say then???

So, I'm having a pity party tonight like much of you (and drowning my sorrows while listening to some vinyl with a bottle of red wine). But many of us are in the same boat.

Take care, Ed... And take all the time you need to heal and make yourself strong again (well, only up until June 26th is all) - then I might change my tune when I cross the pond to see 6 shows... :lol::lol::lol:

JUST KIDDING

Sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way, Ed. Back injuries blow. I know.
    ***We all Believe***
  • Options
    MS294728MS294728 Posts: 20
    I think it's funny how some people on here are getting criticized for risking so much money on everything they had to do to make it out to see Eddie but the fact is Eddie risked having this happen in the first place when there was a potential that he would have to cancel this tour from the beginning. He knew it was possible, look at the dates, 2 months ago announced this tour, 2 months ago had surgery to correct an injury he had obviously known about. It was not a spur of the moment decision to have surgery. Whose risk affected other people harder, his or the fans? My heart is with all of the people who lost anything because of this and if anybody wants to try to criticize anyone on this forum who is posting how hard this will be, oh well. Sure is easier to criticize than to support people in their sorrow. I really do feel for everybody who is dissappointed right now. I love, love, love Eddie but I really feel he let me down this time. Go ahead and say that I'm saying I don't feel for him because of his injury, that's not what I'm saying. Let my opinion convince people I am the lousiest PJ fan ever, but I don't care, I know better. Most of the time these boards turn into people having pissing contests over who the biggest PJ fan is. And I hope more people feel free to post not just happy, happy thoughts about Pearl Jam but real thoughts that they are having, no matter how negative they are.
  • Options
    MS294728 wrote:
    I think it's funny how some people on here are getting criticized for risking so much money on everything they had to do to make it out to see Eddie but the fact is Eddie risked having this happen in the first place when there was a potential that he would have to cancel this tour from the beginning. He knew it was possible, look at the dates, 2 months ago announced this tour, 2 months ago had surgery to correct an injury he had obviously known about. It was not a spur of the moment decision to have surgery. Whose risk affected other people harder, his or the fans? My heart is with all of the people who lost anything because of this and if anybody wants to try to criticize anyone on this forum who is posting how hard this will be, oh well. Sure is easier to criticize than to support people in their sorrow. I really do feel for everybody who is dissappointed right now. I love, love, love Eddie but I really feel he let me down this time. Go ahead and say that I'm saying I don't feel for him because of his injury, that's not what I'm saying. Let my opinion convince people I am the lousiest PJ fan ever, but I don't care, I know better. Most of the time these boards turn into people having pissing contests over who the biggest PJ fan is. And I hope more people feel free to post not just happy, happy thoughts about Pearl Jam but real thoughts that they are having, no matter how negative they are.
    :)
    Vancouver May 04-24
    Vancouver Sep 25-11, Vancouver Sep 25-09, Vancouver Sep 02-05, Vancouver May 30-03, Vancouver Jul 19-98, Vancouver Sep 04-93

• Options
    wahinewahine Posts: 86
    Shitty things happen, put it into perspective and move on. As a medical professional, let me tell you what happens with back injuries. He's been rehabbing, which means he's probably been pushing himself with therapies that increase pain with the hopes of improvement that are sometimes very small. You look for the small improvements to build. Who wants surgery if you can improve without it? Not me. There are risks with any and all surgeries. So perspective is our vacations are impacted. His quality of life is impacted. The two are not equal.

Eddie rest well in preparation. I am praying for a successful surgery and recovery. Come back to us as soon as you can!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    tyemarietyemarie Posts: 40
    ok i think something needs to be be made clear. we are all here for the same reason, the love of pj/ev.... nobody is mad at eddie for postponing the tour. sadly, i can not make it to the rescheduled shows and i am FRUSTRATED. we had to go to go to great lengths to plan this trip... and there is no way we can reschedule. that's MY reality. i am expressing my frustration at the situation. please eddie take all the time you need to heal and make a full recovery.
    the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
  • Options
    tyemarie wrote:
    ok i think something needs to be be made clear. we are all here for the same reason, the love of pj/ev.... nobody is mad at eddie for postponing the tour. sadly, i can not make it to the rescheduled shows and i am FRUSTRATED. we had to go to go to great lengths to plan this trip... and there is no way we can reschedule. that's MY reality. i am expressing my frustration at the situation. please eddie take all the time you need to heal and make a full recovery.
    :)
    Vancouver May 04-24

• Options
    MS294728 wrote:
    I am absolutely losing my ass on this. 5 days notice? Wow, wow, wow. It's becoming super painful to be a Pearl Jam fan. I sympathize with everyone who posts on here who expresses dissappointment who will be criticized for being disappointed. I haven't felt this low in a long, long time.
    I agree completely!!! Our flight is non refundable, I have convinced 3 friends from across Canada to go...and we can't afford to go again in the Fall. My first time putting in for Fan club tix and I am utterly disappointed.
  • Options
    regalturboregalturbo Posts: 298
    No a capella tour? But seriously, get well soon Ed! If you want to come to Denver in November I'm in but otherwise I probably won't make the rescheduled date to ABQ.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I can understand frustration from people who were traveling for the shows. But I am really sorry Ed is injured bad enough to have to cancel a tour. I'm sure it wasn't done lightly, and maybe that's why it was done last minute... waiting, "just in case."

For me personally, it is a little bit of a relief. My wife and I are (hopefully) adopting a baby. Our matched birthmom is due 4/28. I keep freaking out that if she went into labor early, like say, April 16th... I would have a really tough decision to make. ;) I mean, I could sit in a hospital waiting room all night, over night, waiting and waiting... or I could sit in my Ten Club seats at the Kiva Auditorium for a 3 hour concert, THEN go wait at the hospital. :) I am relieved it won't be an issue even if she does go into labor early. I have been so psyched for the show since January, but I am lucky that it is 20 minutes from my house, and now it just means having to wait a little longer... little being 7 months... but, like I said, kind of a relief. I kept telling my wife that if the baby was born on the 16th and it meant MISSING the concert, then we were going to HAVE to name him Eddie! :)

I hope the new shows work out OK for everyone. The waiting does indeed drive us mad. :?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Get well soon, Ed! I've got a few herniated and bulging discs in my back - no fun for sure. Hold tight with the therapy and I hope you're not a grouch from it all. I was one helluva grouch while I was in therapy - 6 months of misery for me and everyone I knew!

Sorry about the folks who won't be able to pick up on the fall dates but consider still making the trip(s) if you have the time and travel booked already. All vacation is good vacation in my book. :)
    Why go home?
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Sad
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    I was watching youtube vids last night from Hamilton 2011(can't remember which song now) and noticed that he twinged in pain and shook off his right hand.....Said to my hubby "what a trouper,he just pinched his hand in the mic stand and didn't miss a beat" ..but now I'm thinkin must have been the injury.... :(
    The post said the back injury happened earlier this year, and obviously happened more recently, since he's been working with doctors for only 8 weeks to try and heal it. He would have started doing that as soon as the trouble started, not months after having issues in November. Anyway, poor Ed. I hope he's dealing okay with nit being able to do some of the things that mean so much to him. At least he can still sing if he can't do other stuff! Healing happy love vibes out to you Eddie!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    Autolycis wrote:
    MS294728 wrote:
    I am absolutely losing my ass on this. 5 days notice? Wow, wow, wow. It's becoming super painful to be a Pearl Jam fan. I sympathize with everyone who posts on here who expresses dissappointment who will be criticized for being disappointed. I haven't felt this low in a long, long time.
    I agree completely!!! Our flight is non refundable, I have convinced 3 friends from across Canada to go...and we can't afford to go again in the Fall. My first time putting in for Fan club tix and I am utterly disappointed.
    Shit happens! I do feel bad for those who had travel plans. That would really suck. I don't like disappointment. Sk too bad for all of you. But I care a lot more about Eddie's well-being; I'm sure he is WAY more disappointed than any fan right now btw! He must be quite disabled if he can't even play or perform. Imagine all the other things he can't do. And he knows how much this affects some fans, and I'm sure regrets that very much. I know the financial hit is a real blow for some, but poor Ed is going through worse, so try to keep it in perspective I guess. And to anyone suggesting they should have known earlier or whatever... they obviously did the very best they could with a bad situation. These kinds of injuries can offer up real surprises at time goes by - I've had nerve damage in my arm from a neck injury, and this kind of thing is terribly unpredictable and really can seem to be getting better and then suddenly get much worse way down the road.

PS - I actually don't feel bad about anyone who didn't get refundable tickets for flights. That is just stupid. Any concert can get cancelled. All it takes is the performer being sick or hurt. Basing a whole trip on a concert and not ensuring the flight is refundable and that there is a decent cancellation policy on the hotel is really really stupid!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ForrestForrest Posts: 53
    So sorry about your injury, Ed! Must be miserable to go through that pain. Hope the treatments work soon for you. See you in November!
  • Options
    SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Illinois Posts: 33
    Please take the time you need to get better, Ed! An injury like that is a scary reminder that no one is invincible. I, for one, am happy you are taking the time you need to recover. Pushing this kind of injury could cause permanent damage, so THANK YOU for trying to get better before the spring tour, but your health and well-being is SO MUCH more important! I look forward to spending my Thanksgiving with you!

To all of you whining about your cancelled plans, look at the big picture. Your health isn't on the line, here. Ed's is. Don't be a selfish example of everything that is wrong with some fans and their "it all revolves around me" mentality. Let the man take the time he needs to recover from a serious injury. Perspective much? :roll:
  • Options
    so is this a lock now that there will be no usa pearl jam shows in 2012????? it hard for me to think they have any room left on their calendars??????? this eddie tour now is gonna be end of oct on halloween till early december. then id think after the early december shows pearl jam would want to be with their family for the holidays, so there not really any room for pj usa shows now in december or november,

maybe sometime in september or october? but i doubt it? i am lookinga t soundgarden and they added a show at hyde park now after the pj tour is over in europe, making me think that maybe soundgarden will also play reading fest or other europe fest they didnt announce they will play yet in august maybe. i dont see where a pj usa tour fits anywhere in the calendar now.; before i thought october but i doubt it now?