Options

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES (OLD)

Comments

• Options
    KimbaKimba Posts: 54
    Any word on how he's doing?
    "We were but stones, your light made us stars"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    yo ed, neil would play left handed

just kidding, i hope our boy is ok
  • Options
    JawsJaws Canada Posts: 54
    Hope ED a very SPEEDY recovery! It'll be a tough one but all will work out! :D
    We need another twenty years out of ED and PJ.
    Anyone know when the re-scheduled show will have tickets for re-sale? ;)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    Kimba wrote:
    In another thread we find out he was spotted at a Red Sox game and he looked fine and was sitting up looking normal and happy, so we know he's not at all bed bound or anything like that, so great!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Kimba wrote:
    In another thread we find out he was spotted at a Red Sox game and he looked fine and was sitting up looking normal and happy, so we know he's not at all bed bound or anything like that, so great!

That picture is old. It was taken 2 or 3 years ago.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    PJSEMPRE wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Kimba wrote:

That picture is old. It was taken 2 or 3 years ago.
    ?? Really... But it was a brand new convo about him being spotted at the game ... so old photo or new (was presented as new, but I guess it wasn't?), but I'm pretty sure he was still at a game on the weekend.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=187357&hilit=baseball
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    edited April 2012
    ?? Really... But it was a brand new convo about him being spotted at the game ... so old photo or new (was presented as new, but I guess it wasn't), but I'm pretty sure he was still at a game on the weekend (unless several people are just liars?).

I don't know if he was watching a Red Sox game last weekend, but that pic was taken some years ago. I think 2005.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=15

"Re: Is that Ed behind the home plate at Red Sox game right n

by Nitro » 16 Apr 2012 02:06

Sugar-Magnolia wrote:That sure looks like him. Trying to be all incognito Good to see him having fun.
    If it isn't him, this guy could be his double!

Definitely him...but definitely from at least a year ago...
    Nitro Posts: 203Joined: 10 Aug 2005 15:24Location: Las Vegas"

Re: Is that Ed behind the home plate at Red Sox game right n

by Mcam55 » 16 Apr 2012 02:15

that picture is very old.
    Post edited by PJSEMPRE on
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    PJSEMPRE wrote:
    ?? Really... But it was a brand new convo about him being spotted at the game ... so old photo or new (was presented as new, but I guess it wasn't), but I'm pretty sure he was still at a game on the weekend (unless several people are just liars?).

I don't know if he was watching a Red Sox game last weekend, but that pic was taken some years ago. I think 2005.

Sugar-Magnolia wrote:That sure looks like him. Trying to be all incognito Good to see him having fun.

Fair enough (kind of lame of the person who posted that pic as though it was current) ... but still he seems to have been at a red sox/TB game on Sunday, so he's not bed bound, hurray. :)
  • Options
    Ed doesn't owe anyone a note or explanation other than what's already been provided. He's given us great music for over 20 years and will continue to do so..that's enough![/quote]

I totally agree, he most certainly doesn't "owe anyone a note or explanation". Again, I just found it to be out of character for my favorite guy of all time as he's normally always so caring and concerned about us fans. Just thought it was odd was all, to leave it to band management for a solo tour and not come out with it straight from the man himself.

And look, what do you know? Here's another of my favorite rock n rollers with a direct, personal statement to us fans (and he didn't even postpone his own solo tour five days before it was to go off!) I know it must've taken good ole Jeff forever and a day to shoot us this one.

“Growing up in north central Montana in the mid-70s....Rock and roll is dead, long live public radio!” - Jeff Ament

But I too wish Ed well and the speediest of recoveries.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,645
    Just got a great seat on TM for the Albuquerque show. That makes 5 on this tour. Can't wait!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Healing prayers for the man!

IMG_7868.jpg

He is loved! :D
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,645
    just walked by the plaza in el paso. so sad...i would be gearing up for a show about now.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    I have to say that I'm super bummed about Ed's health issues. Yes, I hope he heals quickly and completely, and his health is of the utmost importance. That said, (and very selfishly) my husband and I were going to eight Florida shows, but I'm pregnant with our first child, and am due to give birth the first week in November. As everyone has told us, I'm sure we won't be thinking of Ed and his uke in November, but we were looking forward to his solo shows in May as a last hurrah before becoming a family. So yes, Ed...wishing you a speedy recovery...and how about playing a special gig in my labor/delivery room as a favor to two of your biggest fans? :lol:
  • Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 399
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Just got a great seat on TM for the Albuquerque show. That makes 5 on this tour. Can't wait!

I just scored 1 tix 8 rows and 1 tix 10 rows from stage for Halloween Vegas. :o
    They just released tickets on Ticketmaster for both shows this morning.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I noticed Ed (or the managers) broke the "no 3 nights in a row" rule with some of the Texas shows. Must have been the only way they could fit them in. Feel like Ed/PJ hasn't played 3 nights back to back since '03?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    I haven't read all pages in this thread but does anyone know how he got this nerve damage? Was he in an accident of some sort? A wipeout while surfing hitting the bottom or reef? All the best wishes to Eddie again!
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    alysonalyson Posts: 2
    Had to request refund for EV Orlando, but I will be 7.5 months pregnant for the rescheduled date and I'm not too sure about traveling, etc. then.

Has anyone else processed a refund? I ask b/c I haven't received yet and was wondering if someone may have more info????
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    alyson wrote:
    Had to request refund for EV Orlando, but I will be 7.5 months pregnant for the rescheduled date and I'm not too sure about traveling, etc. then.

Has anyone else processed a refund? I ask b/c I haven't received yet and was wondering if someone may have more info????

yeah, we had to ask for a refund as well. i thought that we would have received them by now.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    i just sent Santos a pm. I'll let you know what he says.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jmk wrote:
    I haven't read all pages in this thread but does anyone know how he got this nerve damage? Was he in an accident of some sort? A wipeout while surfing hitting the bottom or reef? All the best wishes to Eddie again!
    No one knows. There was an idea that maybe he hurt it at the Cubs training camp thing he goes to just because of the timing, but that was just a random theory. Could have been anything.
  • Options
    Just heard back from the 10C:

Hi Matt,

We are currently working with PayPal to get those refunds processed. Unfortunately each card company varies so we can't give you an exact day that it will be posted to your account, but you should see the refund sometime this week.

We thank you for your patience throughout this unfortunate tour postponement and resulting ticket refund.

Best regards,
    10c

thanks, 10c!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I noticed my Austin 10C ticket order was deleted from my ORDER HISTORY recently .... but I'll be watching the credit card statement too. No communication from 10c on "action taken" or "refund has been processed."

(would think the order would stay in history, and maybe be appended "refunded" or something....)
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    the refunds are coming. i got an email from PayPal saying that my refund had been processed. i logged in & had the $ transferred to my bank (usually takes a day or 2).
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    From someone that works in the credit card industry (and I deal directly with disputes), to prevent 10c from getting A LOT of headaches, please don't call your banks and issue disputes if you don't get your refunds right away. I see it every day with people that jump the gun and issue chargebacks (disputes) when the merchant is more than willing to give a refund. The merchant is then assessed chargeback fees and they gotta deal with annoying paperwork (usually from me hahaha).

Just wanted to add my 2 cents :P
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Ticketmaster has some decent seats available for both Vegas nights right now!
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    gotta say, a bit nervous. No refund for hubby's tix yet. We clicked ye ole refund link on 4/7, it's been a week since the deadline, not a peep/tweet/nada/nuthin'? Trying to be patient but I have no confidence that the shabby little linked refund page worked, it seemed kinda sparse. that plus I just paid the bills and I could really use that $170. :D
  • Options
    I got my Jacksonville refund this afternoon, so they're coming...just takes time I guess.
  • Options
    JebcrgJebcrg Posts: 11
    I need guidance or expertise. Have never seen PJ live, but purchased tickets to see EV solo tour live in Vegas. Seeing the band is on my bucket list, so any opportunity feels as if it may never happen again. I was beyond excited. Planned an entire trip around the concert, as I live in Cleveland. Roundtrip airfare, lodging, and all that comes with it including ground transportation and food. And of course, Ed canceled a few days before my trip. I was meeting a friend there and I could not cancel. I spent thousands of dollars. I truly feel for EV, as I have disk problems myself, and I hope he is on the mend. When I got home I decided to cancel the tix for the rescheduled show, feeling guilty about the money I had already spent. I've got a son who is going to college in the fall. Now I am questioning my decision, wishing I could go back. So few things bring me as much joy as PJ and their music. What would y'all do? And if you say "GO!" how would you go about getting the best possible tickets? What to do...what to do? I lost my husband to cancer three years ago, and fell into a serious funk afterward. Seeing PJ20 documentary last October made me feel alive again. Look forward to hearing what other serious fans have to say.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJSEMPRE wrote:

Fair enough (kind of lame of the person who posted that pic as though it was current) ... but still he seems to have been at a red sox/TB game on Sunday, so he's not bed bound, hurray. :)

I posted the picture. Felt it was obvious that people would not think it was current, and later in the thread I clarified that it was an old one.

:nono:
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    My daughter just texted me as I sit here in Austin in my prepaid room with my nonrefundable airline tix and my wheelchair-bound wife who will simply be beyond traveling come summer. So excited she was to see Ed and Glenn again.

Austin has been grand to us, the wife just had the best tacos of her life, the BBQ has been mind blowing. We've tried not to let the disappointment show, we're accustomed to making the most of every day as her condition advances, but she reached over and changed the radio when Alive played earlier today.

And the daughter texted me ... from the Coldplay show in San Jose. Where I was supposed to be with her and her 3 friends ... until Eddie announced his tour. Someone with the band came up to them and moved them to the third row. I'm up waiting for her to call me. An awesome experience for her, that I also missed.

Don't mind me, just let me be, my eyes so far away.
    I don't need no sympathy, the word gets overplayed
    [sic] happens