IVF Journey 2: Negative....again. :(

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    First needle down! :D And I didn't feel a thing. This needle was so fine that I seriously didn't feel it entering or getting pulled out. I did it myself....my bf was next to me watching in case I needed help.

Ahhhh....only 21 to go! :lol: Come on ovaries!! Make me lots of good quality eggs!! :clap:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    First needle down! :D And I didn't feel a thing. This needle was so fine that I seriously didn't feel it entering or getting pulled out. I did it myself....my bf was next to me watching in case I needed help.

Ahhhh....only 21 to go! :lol: Come on ovaries!! Make me lots of good quality eggs!! :clap:
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Awww... good luck Sus and Leigh!

PS: There's still time to forget the whole thing and just get another dog. ;)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

Day 6 of 12 of the egg stimulation needles. Had a blood test yesterday and I'm actually overstimulated on the low dose of 112.5 so they've dropped me to 75. Which is good news....I was paranoid them putting me on a low dose (due to my small size) wouldn't work. The other fertility drug I was on (Clomid) never used to work very well at all....my eggs were always on the small side.

Realllly tired though....and no appetite. I can live with that.

Weighed myself yesterday -- 51.7 (113lbs). Felt like I'd been eating heaps (maybe because I've been forcing it)....but obviously not affecting weight. Woo hoooo! :lol:

Scan on Tuesday, 13th to see how many eggs I have for collection on the 15th. Fuck I hope there are lots of good ones. *prays* haha
    all will be ok!!!!no worrries..

:D:D:D
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    I was watching an episode of Private Practice the other night and one of the female doctors is going through IVF. She was getting one of the cute male doctors from the practice to inject her in the butt. I was thinking "Sus would probably like that". ;) :P :lol:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Good luck and positive vibes from Wisconsin!!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    :D
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Still keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Day 6 of 12 of the egg stimulation needles. Had a blood test yesterday and I'm actually overstimulated on the low dose of 112.5 so they've dropped me to 75. Which is good news....I was paranoid them putting me on a low dose (due to my small size) wouldn't work. The other fertility drug I was on (Clomid) never used to work very well at all....my eggs were always on the small side.

Weighed myself yesterday -- 51.7 (113lbs). Felt like I'd been eating heaps (maybe because I've been forcing it)....but obviously not affecting weight. Woo hoooo! :lol:

Scan on Tuesday, 13th to see how many eggs I have for collection on the 15th. Fuck I hope there are lots of good ones. *prays* haha

Fingers crossed for the 15th! Sounds like you're on a good route so far :D

Good vibes sent out again!
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Good luck next week! Positive egg vibes sent your way!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    good luck :)
    Thanks guys! Appreciate it!! :D

Just had my scan....5 follicles on the left ovary....5 on my right ovary = TEN all up. Wooo hooo! :clap: SUCH a relief. Dr said that between 6-10 follicles is the number they aim for. Glad I'm on the high side.

Each follicle may not necessarily contain an egg....but I'll know that on Thursday when they go inside to collect the eggs out of the follicles. Then there is about a 75% fertilisation rate. Then I get my best embryo put back inside next Monday/Tuesday.

So excited!! :mrgreen::D:mrgreen:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Just had my scan....5 follicles on the left ovary....5 on my right ovary = TEN all up. Wooo hooo! :clap: SUCH a relief. Dr said that between 6-10 follicles is the number they aim for. Glad I'm on the high side.

Each follicle may not necessarily contain an egg....but I'll know that on Thursday when they go inside to collect the eggs out of the follicles. Then there is about a 75% fertilisation rate. Then I get my best embryo put back inside next Monday/Tuesday.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Good Luck!!! I'm excited for you.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    good luck zig! :D :wave:
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Great news!!! :clap::clap: :thumbup:
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Did someone say Ten? :thumbup: :clap:

220px-PearlJam-Ten2.jpg
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    ZiggyStar wrote:

That's fantastic, really excited for you! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Yay honey! Very cool. So hope you have success with this!! Love from over the ditch. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Much luck, great vibes, hopes, wishes & love bumps!!!
    even will not look like me...

im so happy for you.. ;);):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:lol::lol:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Yay! Great news!! :clap::clap:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    congrats ziggy...curious, did you ever try gonal-f at any point in your journey?
    www.myspace.com
    Thanks guys! :mrgreen:
    congrats ziggy...curious, did you ever try gonal-f at any point in your journey?

Yep. Today I actually finished twelve days straight of gonal-f injections. Why?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Great news Ziggy!
  • GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Posts: 3,076
    Very happy for you!!!
    Not sure how I haven't seen this thread before?

I've got good vibes being sent your way :)
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
    Just did injection no 19 of 21. This injection gets the eggs ready to release from their follicles so they can be collected on Thursday. The whole ivf process is so interesting! Medicine is amazing! :D:

Ahhh only one more day to wait....after waiting soooo long. Acupuncture again tomorrow! More needles!! :lol: