IVF Journey 2: Negative....again. :(

Comments

• PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Sending good vibes your way.

I had acupuncture to treat a running injury. It isn't bad at all. I did not feel the needles and it was actually really relaxing. I know a bunch of people who actually hooked on doing it to relieve stress.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Super super super good wishes coming your way. Acupuncture is fine, don't worry about that. The needles in the butt - that gets old (my husband got a kick out of it though).

Good luck - I bet you can already feel the good vibes from people on this board.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I hope you don't have a smoking baby.. :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    It's been a loooong 15 months of unsuccessful fertility treatment....plus another 12+ months before that trying naturally. I've finally been given the go ahead to start ivf. :clap: We're so excited!! :D

2 March: Start all the drugs (lots of self-administered needles...yay! :| )
    15 March: Egg collection
    18-20 March: Embryo transfer
    6 April: Pregnancy test

I need ALL of your prayers....good vibes....positive thoughts....crossed body parts....rain dances ....whatever. It's quite an expensive process ($8,500 upfront!) and I really need this first IVF attempt to be successful and result in a little bubba.

So please direct some positive energy towards me. I figured I'd get in a few weeks before it all starts so there is LOTS OF TIME to generate some good baby vibes. :lol: I'll also probably just keep this thread going with the million questions I'll have as everything progresses with the little Ziglet. :D *thinks positively*

Thank you!!! :mrgreen:

Baby dust, good vibes, and positive thoughts for you Susan!!!
    feel free to pm if things get overwhelming or stressful, or if you need me to draw you a little map for injection sites in your ass :D
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • I'll be thinking of you! Good Luck :D:D:D
  • Wow best of luck!!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Best of luck to you and good vibes sent!!!! :)
  • Best of luck! I have a good friend who went through the process 12 years ago and they ended up having twins. Be prepared for the possibility of multiples because I have heard it is very common result. Again, best wishes!!
  • Dimitris is a good name for your first kiddo... ;)

cant wait for the good news..soon...

hugs
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    good luck ziggy... sending good vibes to you and your bf

i told you the story of my cousin and his wife so i am confident that IVF works
  • Good Luck Ziggy,

know a lot of people that it has worked for.
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Fingers crossed for you, I hope it all works out. Being a Mum is awesome. :)
  • Best of luck and lots of strength to you and your hubby, Ziggy!

My Mom is a fertility doctor (a very successful one), so I know a bit about the whole thing. Your body will change during the process because of all the hormons they will be giving you, but this is just a sign that it is working like a machine to produce some really good eggs :)

Stay positive and relaxed and love each other as much as you can - there are lots of people who got pregnant using ivf! And with you both being so healthy and sober for quite some time now, chances are really improved.

I've been treated with accupuncture for exhaustion and back pains before and had the needles from head to toe, literally :lol: . If the accupuncturer knows what she or he is doing, you won't feel anything.

Again, best of luck :wave: Exciting times are ahead of you two!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Best of luck to you, Zigs. :) Sending good baby vibes in 3.. 2.. 1.. Ignition! :wave:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • hostishostis Posts: 441
    good luck and hope it works out for you.

Shame about adoption - in the UK its free to adopt. seems strange Australia doesn't have the same through the government.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,679
    Good luck and hope it works for ya Ziggy

Good vibes sent :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    Good Luck from Ireland, I've some friends who tried several times and eventually were successful, they are due in May.

All the best :D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    good luck to you guys.
    www.myspace.com
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Sending you prayers..., good vibes..., all my best. Good luck to both of you. :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'm a huge proponent of positive energy, and I'm sending mine your way!
  • Exciting news!!! Equally distributing all my good vibes to you, Rob (imaalive), & John (paysonsite) :P
    Wishing you the best!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    Best of luck to you - sending all my good vibes :D

(reading this thread - is anyone else liking the name Ziglet :oops: - middle name for your firstborn maybe? ;):D )
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Best wishes - hope everything goes well -
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
    My husband and travelled the fertility road as well, although not as far down the road as you've had to travel.
    We tried fertility drugs... nothing.... higher doses.... nothing. Took a break from it all for quite a few months. I looked into alternative medicines during that time, and when we were ready to give it another try I combined acupuncture and herbal medicines (I can't remember now what they were) with the fertility drugs and we conceived on the first cycle. Maybe there were other factors as well, but it doesn't hurt. I actually loved acupuncture. It was like you could feel all this good energy zipping around between the needles.
    I'm sure you're a huge bundle of nerves.. excited, anxious, scared....
    Anyway, good luck with it all... I realize I'm a total stranger, but I'll be sending you all the good vibes I can!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Thank you sooooo much to everyone who gave me good vibes and thoughts....I really appreciate it....especially from people whom I don't normally talk to on here. :D You guys rock! So much kindness.

Tomorrow we go to the head nurse at my ivf clinic to drop off all our hospital forms, pick up needles/drugs etc, get shown how to inject myself etc. Finally feels real!! I'm actually excited about starting the needles! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Best of luck to you Zigarooney!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Good luck and good vibes!!!!!
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Vibes, wishes, hopes, thoughts, prayers for you, best of luck!!!!!!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Sending positive vibes your way. Finger and toes are crossed. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    more baby dust..... :thumbup:
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."