Options

Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Shannon, DIDO was played last night :evil:

Pllleeeaasseee DMB gods, hear me out, DIDO in Baltimore, Brooklyn, or Philly! :angel:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    samjam wrote:
    Shannon, DIDO was played last night :evil:

Pllleeeaasseee DMB gods, hear me out, DIDO in Baltimore, Brooklyn, or Philly! :angel:

:evil: :evil: :evil: DAMN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have to just start following them everywhere until I finally get it :fp:

I think you'll get it Sam...between those 3 cities you better!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Dammit I wish I went last night. Drive In is a dream. Looking forward to a great show in Charlottesville Saturday night though
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    So jealous of everyone going to Cville this weekend. I keep seeing statuses and pictures all over FB. Rashawn played w/ John D'earth at Millers last night too and Jeff apparently stopped by the bar too. I had tickets because I was told for months I was coming home early, but that got cancelled when my school date got cancelled :evil: I hope everyone going has an amazing time though, and hopefully they bust out a few good ones.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    a friend went to the raleigh show. the set looked pretty disappointing to me
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    It didn't look wow amazing, but Drive In Drive Out, WWYS and #41 feat Branford Marsalis? That's enough for me. Apparently the band was on fire though, amazing energy.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    It didn't look wow amazing, but Drive In Drive Out, WWYS and #41 feat Branford Marsalis? That's enough for me. Apparently the band was on fire though, amazing energy.
    I glanced at it and look into the detail. She did say the band was tight and sounded great. Maybe I'll catch them this summer.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    "you should never have to bury your own babies"

Chilling.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Baltimore was a ton of fun- free GA tix, about 3 people from the stage in between Stefan & the horns. Great, great people around me who worked together to make it a fun, asshole free environment which was fantastic, especially so close up! The set on paper looks kinda 'meh', but it doesn't do the show justice. Band was in great spirits and they sounded on-point tonight. I'll start with the lows, cuz there aren't too many. Mercy>OOMH just needs to stop, completely looses the crowd. Shake Me>Watchtower was a bit disappointing, but that's me being a setlist snob and someone who has heard Watchtower close a show one too many times. As a concert goer, though, great encore, lots of fun! :) Highlights for me: the run of Best of What's Around (an alltime fave, easily my favorite thing played tonight)>Rapunzel>Drunken Soldier (completely blew me away), Jimi Thing (maybe the best version I've heard), Christmas Song was beautiful, and a bangin version of Don't Drink the Water. MVP's go to Rashawn and Jeff. Blew the roof off the place tonight, solos alll over the place and I couldn't stop watching them. SO close to getting a drumstick, too! The little girl in front of me got a pair, the lady next to me got one, and the man in front of me got one. One of these days! That's a dream. But a LOT of good fun and easily the longest I've ever seen the band play, the show was nearly 3 hours long!! Very excited for Brooklyn and Philly later on this week. :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    very jealous sam...can't wait for next years tour :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Me reading DMB played Drive In, Drive Out again tonight, my holy grail song: bert.gif
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    I'd like to get The Stone, DIDO and of course The Last Stop in Philly.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    samjam wrote:
    Me reading DMB played Drive In, Drive Out again tonight, my holy grail song: bert.gif

You'll get it Sam!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Brooklyn recap: Such a fantastic show! I know DMB would bring it- I love that they love New York- and bring it they did! Although the last couple shows were great (Bethel this summer, Baltimore on Tuesday) were good, this show was more like the DMB I'm used to! First off, Barclays Center looks incredible and they did a pretty amazing job on it. Also, didn't mention this in my Baltimore review, but The Lumineers are an incredible band and so worth going early for. Had Warehouse tix for this one, and they were high up but we had a rail in front of us so we had an unobstructed view and we were side stage, horns side. All in all pretty happy with those! Band was very happy to be there yet again and sounded great yet again, doesn't get much better than that!
    The few lowlights: Eh Hee- it wasn't song 2 again, but getting pretty tired of this one
    then Spaceman after- just not a favorite
    Mercy- cool guitarist guested on it, but was reeeallly long and drawn out

Highlights: When the World Ends- knew we were getting it somewhere, didn't expect it to open. They teased the first few notes of it before they actually played it and had the stage go dark after the tease, which was really funny and awesome.
    What You Are- funny, walking to the show I turned to my friend and was like, "Ya know what song I want to hear but we're totally not gonna hear? What You Are." :D8-) Surprise of the night, and sounded awesome.
    Crush- incredible version
    Cornbread- normally Cornbread wouldn't be in my highlights at a DMB show, but 2 words: Joe Lawlor :shock: Best guest of the night, that man can PLAY!

Leaving for Philly in a bit, can we just fast forward 6 hours?! :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    How was the Philly Show?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Philly on Saturday was a blast!! The 3 shows I went to got better and better with every show, and this one just kicked all kinds of ass! WH seats were pretty good, 8th row in the 100s about 3/4 of the way back, horns side. Was a treat in the beginning to see Rashawn come out and play a song with The Lumineers. Didn't get tired of seeing them after the 3rd time opening, which is saying something! They're fantastic. Before highlights/lowlights, I must say the crowd was INSANE. Really great, enthusiastic, and loud.
    Lowlights: -Encore, especially after such a crazy awesome main set. Druken Soldier is great, but looses me/the crowd at the end. Was a highlight of Baltimore, but I haven't enjoyed it as much live since. Watchtower to close-- I've seen that close a show one too many times. They totally could have pulled out Last Stop or Thank You to close, but that's just what I would have preferred.

Highlights: -You Never Know: totally thought it had (sadly) run it's course in the summer, but hearing those opening notes, my friend and I freaked. Just as amazing and beautiful as it was to hear at Jones Beach this summer. One of my alltime favorite DMB songs, glad it made its return this year!
    -Proudest Monkey: normally I'm not big on this song but the jam was stunning
    -BOWA: will always be a highlight if I hear it live. So fun!
    -Pig: Freaked when I heard the first few notes of this again. Another one of my alltime DMB favorites and had a HUGE smile on my face the whole time this played. I could hear this one every show!
    -So Damn Lucky: puts me in a trance every time, I wanted to hear this one so badly. Crowd sang the Thank You outro at the end, and it got louder and louder til the band finally stopped and the crowd just ROARED 'thank you falletin me be mice elf agin'...really jaw dropping, and you could tell the band was impressed
    -Warehouse: love this song and LOVE the start-stop intro

What a year of DMB it's been! 7 shows, amazing memories, can't wait for 2013! :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    The Philly show was great. You Never Know and Pig made the night. I'd rather get Watchtower mid-set than the encore closer. My wife and I met Boyd at the Holiday Inn parking lot after the show. That was pretty cool. The only bad thing was that I missed out on a poster. The guy in front of me bought the last one at that stand and by the time I went to the next one, they were gone.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    philly was pretty good. overall though the tour was mired in mediocrity
    7/5/03 - Camden N1
    6/19/08 - Camden N1
    9/2/12 - Philly

Philadelphia! We're all still Alive!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,121
    Have b-day Dave!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Dave Matthews Band Announces April Tour Dates

We are pleased to announce that Dave Matthews Band will perform two April concerts in the southern US.

Sat 4/6/13 Oak Mountain Amphitheatre in Pelham, AL with Vintage Trouble
    Sat 4/27/13 Snowden Grove Amphitheatre in Southaven, MS with TBA

Warehouse Request Period 01/17/13 at 10am ET – 01/28/13 at 12pm ET
    Citi Card Presale 02/04
    Public On Sale 02/08

With the gap in between these shows, they will probably have more shows, and they're pretty much confirmed for Jazz Fest in NOLA as well.
  • Options
    the last time DMB performed in mississippi, get in line was played.

that was a long ass fuckin time ago :lol:
    7/5/03 - Camden N1
    6/19/08 - Camden N1
    9/2/12 - Philly

• Options

Wow. Sounds like the ticket system is going to shit though. From what I've read, if you don't get a seat you wind up with lawn.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Wow. Sounds like the ticket system is going to shit though. From what I've read, if you don't get a seat you wind up with lawn.
    Yeah, don't like the fact that you can't "check the box" anymore. You just put in a request and what you get is what you get. Used to be where you could just say you only wanted either Pit or Pavillion, if you got denied oh well. At least you weren't stuck with lawn tickets you can't sell because they aren't really selling out most of their shows anymore.
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Yeah, don't like the fact that you can't "check the box" anymore. You just put in a request and what you get is what you get. Used to be where you could just say you only wanted either Pit or Pavillion, if you got denied oh well. At least you weren't stuck with lawn tickets you can't sell because they aren't really selling out most of their shows anymore.

Then they should only play indoors. I don't feel like being pissed by some teeny bopper that is only there to get out of their house to drink.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    a bunch of us over at ants signed a petition and hit up the warehouse with it.

the warehouse changed it and went back to the check box. it took us all by surprise because they actually listened to us. had they kept it the same they wouldve lost MANY customers.

ive been a member since 2001, and i considered leaving until they heard our voice and switched back.
    7/5/03 - Camden N1
    6/19/08 - Camden N1
    9/2/12 - Philly

• Options
    a bunch of us over at ants signed a petition and hit up the warehouse with it.

the warehouse changed it and went back to the check box. it took us all by surprise because they actually listened to us. had they kept it the same they wouldve lost MANY customers.

ive been a member since 2001, and i considered leaving until they heard our voice and switched back.

Congrats to you and everyone else that contacted them. Power to the Ants.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    With the gap in between these shows, they will probably have more shows, and they're pretty much confirmed for Jazz Fest in NOLA as well.
    JazzFest is usually streamed on YouTube :) :thumbup:

And yes, awesome of Warehouse to listen to the fans!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Now the WH is terminating memberships of people speaking out on the ticket policies. That's pretty sad.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Now the WH is terminating memberships of people speaking out on the ticket policies. That's pretty sad.

Was just over there checking it out.

Seems like there's more than meets the eye... but the timing around the new ticket policies cannot be ignored. I'm not really worked up by the policies: there is a level of entitlement there that begs reduction.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    JK_Livin wrote:

Was just over there checking it out.

Seems like there's more than meets the eye... but the timing around the new ticket policies cannot be ignored. I'm not really worked up by the policies: there is a level of entitlement there that begs reduction.
    Yeah, the whole thing is a load of crap. Don't like the new policy and when it was questioned they basically said "Well you have a (.001) chance of getting upgraded to pit even if we stick you on lawn, and a (.0000001) chance of getting selected to meet Dave at the concert because you're a member, so suck it up and take what we give you."

Ann (the person who was banned) is a great person, and has done a lot for the community as well. Pisses me off that the WH got a little butthurt someone was challenging them and decided they didn't want anyone questioning them. A lot of people aren't going to renew now supposedly, because in all honesty, even day 1 members can get better seats off Ticketmaster than they can get from the WH.
    Post edited by Jnich2424 on