Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    norm wrote:

Well. I certainly didn't make the GA mistake this time :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Just a reminder that Warehouse request closes at 10AM EST tomorrow. Good luck everybody!!! Have my requests in for both Jones Beach shows. :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    samjam wrote:
    Just a reminder that Warehouse request closes at 10AM EST tomorrow. Good luck everybody!!! Have my requests in for both Jones Beach shows. :)
    And, like every single other request period in the history of the Warehouse, it was extended another couple days.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    UGH!!!! I hate it when they extend it. :x
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    UGH!!!! I hate it when they extend it. :x

:fp:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Holy shit! Live Trax 1 being released for RSD. Only 500 copies. Good luck getting one.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Holy shit! Live Trax 1 being released for RSD. Only 500 copies. Good luck getting one.
    Say WHAT????! Yeah, I need to get this one.
    Confirmed for both Jones Beach shows!!! :D

Still thinking about getting tix for Holmdel through TM, though!
    ~not a dude~
  • How is Warehouse compared to Ten Club? Are tickets based on seniority? Do you get stuck with lawn seats? I was curious.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    How is Warehouse compared to Ten Club? Are tickets based on seniority? Do you get stuck with lawn seats? I was curious.

seniority doesn't mean squat.
    kramer73 wrote:
    How is Warehouse compared to Ten Club? Are tickets based on seniority? Do you get stuck with lawn seats? I was curious.

Exactly, they made it seem like it did for the first two initial shows since I know a 98 member who got front row, but other than that, it doesn't matter. Had a friend who was using other accounts from friends that were from 98, 99, and a couple other years and got denied on every single one for the Alpine shows.

Thankfully after much bitching and griping about the ticket policy, the WH went back to "checking the box" which allows members to opt out of being selected for lawn tickets. Last year they didn't have the option and tons of people got selected for lawn and then couldn't even sell the tickets because the show wasn't even sold out.

Honestly, if you want to join just for tickets, it is not worth it (it's random as hell, and seniority really doesn't mean anything). I only stay because of some amazing friends I've made through there.
  • jasonbouchard88jasonbouchard88 Posts: 369
    edited March 2013
    I was able to buy a pair of Dave Matthews Band at Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto on May 28 tickets for my brother and his fiancé. I had some problems of getting tickets most likely because the demand was very high. It probably didn't help of the fact that P!nk also had a pre-sale for her Monday, December 2 show at the Air Canada Centre and the demand for her too is quite high. At one point I had tickets in Section 305, Row D and something went wrong and I lost them. I did however, end up getting Section 302, Row E.
    Post edited by jasonbouchard88 on
  • I was able to buy a pair of Dave Matthews Band at Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto on May 28 tickets for my brother and his fiancé. I had some problems of getting tickets most likely because the demand was very high. It probably didn't help of the fact that P!nk also had a pre-sale for her Monday, December 2 show at the Air Canada Centre and the demand for her too is quite high. At one point I had tickets in Section 305, Row E and something went wrong and I lost them. I did however, end up getting Section 302, Row D.

I got tickets for the next night in Scranton. You should check out the opening act. I am a big moe. fan. If you like ripping guitars, they might be for you.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    kramer73 wrote:

Exactly, they made it seem like it did for the first two initial shows since I know a 98 member who got front row, but other than that, it doesn't matter. Had a friend who was using other accounts from friends that were from 98, 99, and a couple other years and got denied on every single one for the Alpine shows.

Thankfully after much bitching and griping about the ticket policy, the WH went back to "checking the box" which allows members to opt out of being selected for lawn tickets. Last year they didn't have the option and tons of people got selected for lawn and then couldn't even sell the tickets because the show wasn't even sold out.

Honestly, if you want to join just for tickets, it is not worth it (it's random as hell, and seniority really doesn't mean anything). I only stay because of some amazing friends I've made through there.

still a better chance than getting tix through TM or LiveNation or Whatever it is now.

I go to one show a year now (made it to 8 in 1999), so I'm not too worried about not getting tix.
  • I was able to buy a pair of Dave Matthews Band at Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto on May 28 tickets for my brother and his fiancé. I had some problems of getting tickets most likely because the demand was very high. It probably didn't help of the fact that P!nk also had a pre-sale for her Monday, December 2 show at the Air Canada Centre and the demand for her too is quite high. At one point I had tickets in Section 305, Row E and something went wrong and I lost them. I did however, end up getting Section 302, Row D.

I got tickets for the next night in Scranton. You should check out the opening act. I am a big moe. fan. If you like ripping guitars, they might be for you.
    I think they're pretty good. I only listened to one song so far (Timmy Tucker live) and judging by the length of their songs in concert, they made me think of bands like Dave Matthews Band, Phish and Widespread Panic as they are all known for their long extended jams. I don't know how many songs they will play since they may only play for 45 minutes. I saw Dave Matthews Band last year in the Winter at the Air Canada Centre and Jimmy Cliff was the opening act. He was really good. And DMB played for just over 3 hours. Show ended at 11:25 PM. I would love to go to the show, but I have always struggled to get great seats for Dave Matthews Band at Molson Amphitheatre, which is why I only bought two.
    I was 1st in line at my store but they didn't get a copy of the RSD vinyl. I was exchanging texts with someone just to see if they got one and he told me he got me one. I was beyond shocked. I didn't even ask him to get me one. I can't wait to get it and spin it.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I was 1st in line at my store but they didn't get a copy of the RSD vinyl. I was exchanging texts with someone just to see if they got one and he told me he got me one. I was beyond shocked. I didn't even ask him to get me one. I can't wait to get it and spin it.
    How lucky!!! Enjoy it and let us know how it sounds!!

And as a side for everyone, I've been enjoying the really awesome quality videos DMB has been posting as a lead up to the tour!
    Jimi Thing, 5/19/12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTMHLfk1h0
    Don't Drink the Water, 5/18/12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxNUkissyDA
    ~not a dude~
  • GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 Posts: 1,187
    samjam wrote:

Haha, I did the opposite. Confirmed for Holmdel, thought about it and got TM for Jones.

I'm really craven some shows tho, thinkin hard about hittin up Scranton also!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
    samjam wrote:

Haha, I did the opposite. Confirmed for Holmdel, thought about it and got TM for Jones.

I'm really craven some shows tho, thinkin hard about hittin up Scranton also!
    Craving shows as well, I gotta get to Holmdel! Probably will just pick up lawn seats (though its tempting to wait for the drop day of...except I'm broke haha), I just need a way to get to PNC and we're all good!
    ~not a dude~
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,387
    samjam wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    How lucky!!! Enjoy it and let us know how it sounds!!

And as a side for everyone, I've been enjoying the really awesome quality videos DMB has been posting as a lead up to the tour!
    Jimi Thing, 5/19/12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTMHLfk1h0
    Don't Drink the Water, 5/18/12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxNUkissyDA

Awesome to hear about the vinyl score! And thanks for the vids, so awesome! I may just have to get tix to Alpine...
    So the band has figured out a way to make Rooftop even more epic. They've added this funky awesome breakdown section in the middle, and I'm loving it!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1wO0GI3bQ

Is it Jones Beach day(s) yet?! :D
    ~not a dude~
    samjam wrote:
    So the band has figured out a way to make Rooftop even more epic. They've added this funky awesome breakdown section in the middle, and I'm loving it!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1wO0GI3bQ

Is it Jones Beach day(s) yet?! :D

Very nice. The Live Trax Vinyl sounds great.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    From Stefan's FB: "At least from the stage, this years production is intense to say the least. Progressive, just like I like it!! The stage has a great flair yet is focused and strong. I can't wait to play under the stars on this set!
    @FilamentPro"

Happy Tour Day :D:D
    ~not a dude~
    Great start to the tour.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Great start to the tour.
    Incredible start. Sets haven't been this good since '09/'10 (Caravan doesn't count)!! SPAC 2 is in early contention for show of the tour, to me--amazing set and double encore of Halloween!

SO SO SO happy to see JTR and Joyride back. I hope they stay, they are 2 of my most wanted that I've never heard before! Awesome to see Recently, as well. Getting me pumped for the Jones Beach shows! I NEED to find a ride to PNC so I can go to that show-- I'll feel sick to my stomach staying home!
    ~not a dude~
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    love seeing Idea of You make its way back into setlists. Hope to see that when I catch them later in the tour.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    Really liking the sets so far. I hope they keep this up, unlike previous years where they start off amazing and then just go back to the same predictable sets night after night.
    I'd really like to hear Captain in Camden or Hershey.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Just wow! I can't believe I have to wait a month for a show. Maybe I can sneak out to Holmdel next week?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Just wow! I can't believe I have to wait a month for a show. Maybe I can sneak out to Holmdel next week?
    I'm trying to get out to Holmdel myself, but it looks less than promising right now. Hopefully something will come through!

But goddamn these setlists!!! And from videos, they've been sounding just as amazing. If I could knock off JTR, Captain and Joyride this summer I would be so damn happy!
    ~not a dude~