The National Football League

Comments

• A few weeks back the Chicago Bears gave up 21 4th quarter points to Denver, and blew a big lead, and of course lost the game. Many of us in Chicago said it was the worst loss in franchise history. 

YESTERDAY WAS WORSE!!!!!
    These fucking idiots gave up 17 points in the final 2:30 minutes of the game!!!!
    Da Bears.
  • A few weeks back the Chicago Bears gave up 21 4th quarter points to Denver, and blew a big lead, and of course lost the game. Many of us in Chicago said it was the worst loss in franchise history. 

YESTERDAY WAS WORSE!!!!!
    These fucking idiots gave up 17 points in the final 2:30 minutes of the game!!!!
    Da Bears.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    A few weeks back the Chicago Bears gave up 21 4th quarter points to Denver, and blew a big lead, and of course lost the game. Many of us in Chicago said it was the worst loss in franchise history. 

YESTERDAY WAS WORSE!!!!!
    Best thing they could have done.
    They stand to have 2 of the first 5 picks next year if they keep losing. (Carolina looks so bad the number 1 overall is looking almost like a lock for the Bears)
    Could draft both Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr. if the chips fall right.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Perfect tanking loss. The Lions are racking up wins vs. softies. Something like last year's Eagles.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,399
    Poncier said:
    A few weeks back the Chicago Bears gave up 21 4th quarter points to Denver, and blew a big lead, and of course lost the game. Many of us in Chicago said it was the worst loss in franchise history. 

YESTERDAY WAS WORSE!!!!!
    Best thing they could have done.
    They stand to have 2 of the first 5 picks next year if they keep losing. (Carolina looks so bad the number 1 overall is looking almost like a lock for the Bears)
    Could draft both Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr. if the chips fall right.
    I don't think they should give up on Fields but I know it's hard to pass on Caleb. I watched Fields every game in college and he was great. Did it all as well as Stroud if not better.  He is the victim of terrible coaching,  play- calling, lack of surrounding talent,  etc. I feel bad for him. 
  • I agree.  I want Caleb to go to a place where he can win.  I think Fields is fine, I think it is that crap staff.  :lol:  

2 top picks is great....but what if they could trade those to get 4-5 picks in rounds 2-3.  
    Give me the 4 or 5.  Better odds of getting 2 impact players than 2 top picks, especially with their GM.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I agree.  I want Caleb to go to a place where he can win.  I think Fields is fine, I think it is that crap staff.  :lol:  

2 top picks is great....but what if they could trade those to get 4-5 picks in rounds 2-3.  
    Give me the 4 or 5.  Better odds of getting 2 impact players than 2 top picks, especially with their GM.
    Fields is not fine...

Fields is not fine...
    Could be you are right.  However, it could be the garbage coaching.  He's made some great plays and runs like a champ.  I bet Kyle Shannahan could make him a star.  

Fields is not fine...
    Could be you are right.  However, it could be the garbage coaching.  He's made some great plays and runs like a champ.  I bet Kyle Shannahan could make him a star.  
    I used to think that of Daniel Jones and Zach Wilson and before that Sanchez...  Well if Geno Smith can do something after all these years, maybe? He is shockingly 6-4 currently.

Fields is not fine...
    I used to think that of Daniel Jones and Zach Wilson and before that Sanchez...  Well if Geno Smith can do something after all these years, maybe? He is shockingly 6-4 currently.

Josh Dobbs as well...

Fields is not fine...
    Tough to tell what a good team or coaching can do.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Perfect tanking loss. The Lions are racking up wins vs. softies. Something like last year's Eagles.
    Would've kicked a few people out of my survivor pool. That was a rough one. 

We did lose a couple dopes who got cute and picked Washington though. 
    www.myspace.com
    I agree.  I want Caleb to go to a place where he can win.  I think Fields is fine, I think it is that crap staff.  :lol:  

Fields is not fine...

Josh Dobbs as well...
    Yeah but...Collingsworth was vaguely comparing him to Mahomes last night. lol
    www.myspace.com
    Hey did anyone notice that NBC took no commercial brakes for the last 5 minutes or so of the game last night? Even after touchdowns and the two minute warning. It was great.... like going back in time 30 years. Not sure why that happened. 
    www.myspace.com

Fields is not fine...

Josh Dobbs as well...

LOL that's right!  I did hear an interesting comp with Dobbs from one of my favorite broadcasters, Rich Gannon.  He bounced around quite a bit until Oakland finally gave him a starting job. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Excited for tonight’s game…. Just went on a 5 mile run in 38 degree weather, I’m ready to hit someone 🤣

should be good
    I agree.  I want Caleb to go to a place where he can win.  I think Fields is fine, I think it is that crap staff.  :lol:  

Fields is not fine...

Josh Dobbs as well...

LOL that's right!  I did hear an interesting comp with Dobbs from one of my favorite broadcasters, Rich Gannon.  He bounced around quite a bit until Oakland finally gave him a starting job. 
    Josh Dobbs has limitations.  He's great to hold you over but I can't see making him your qb of the present and future. 

In other news,  I'm now a HUGE Joe Flacco fan. 
    mrussel1 said:

Fields is not fine...

Josh Dobbs as well...

Josh Dobbs has limitations.  He's great to hold you over but I can't see making him your qb of the present and future. 

True...however that same thing was said about Gannon for the first part of his career too. I think it's a halfway decent comparison. 
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2023
    So nobody else noticed the lack of commercials last night? I am crazy? lol
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    I agree.  I want Caleb to go to a place where he can win.  
    yeah…..otherwise he may cry.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mrussel1 said:

Fields is not fine...

Josh Dobbs as well...

True...however that same thing was said about Gannon for the first part of his career too. I think it's a halfway decent comparison. 
    I mean you can say that about Steve Young too.  He couldn't get off the bench in Tampa.  But I wouldn't put Dobbs in the conversation with either.  But we shall see.  You could see last night when they really brought the heat, he was lost.  I think that's the problem.  

Fields is not fine...
    Just like he did with the similar skill setted Trey Lance.
    Hey did anyone notice that NBC took no commercial brakes for the last 5 minutes or so of the game last night? Even after touchdowns and the two minute warning. It was great.... like going back in time 30 years. Not sure why that happened. 
    I think that can happen when they've already aired their quota of commercials due to excess timeouts earlier in the game (challenges, injuries, whatever). There's been a couple of prime time games where I've noticed no commercial at the 2 minute warning.
  • Poncier said:

Fields is not fine...
    Ha.  I see what you are saying and I was sort of alluding to that as a joke....although I know Fields is miles better than "throw the ball as hard as you can, no matter what" Lance
    Poncier said:
    I think that can happen when they've already aired their quota of commercials due to excess timeouts earlier in the game (challenges, injuries, whatever). There's been a couple of prime time games where I've noticed no commercial at the 2 minute warning.
    Interesting. Okay. I didn't see the first half. The end of the game was way more enjoyable without a seemingly endless stream of commercials. 

It's wild watching youtube videos of full games from the 80's and early 90's and seeing how frequently they just stuck around and talked about the game after extra points and stuff instead of shuffling off to commercial. 
    www.myspace.com
    Jesus, there’s a Friday game this week.  The NFL continues to devalue the Sunday ticket.
  • mrussel1 said:
    Jesus, there’s a Friday game this week.  The NFL continues to devalue the Sunday ticket.
    This could be the worst game of the week. 
    We will see
    mrussel1 said:
    This could be the worst game of the week. 
    We will see
    So many of these prime time duds thanks to the Jets and Giants. 
    Poncier said:

Fields is not fine...
    Ha.  I see what you are saying and I was sort of alluding to that as a joke....although I know Fields is miles better than "throw the ball as hard as you can, no matter what" Lance
    Shanahan's system works best with a pocket passer, the likes of which Fields (and of course Lance) are not. Purdy was an afterthought in the draft and is now an MVP candidate in Shanahan's system (largely because of the plethora of weapons) because he can sit in the pocket and go through his reads and make the right decision. Yes, there are designed bootlegs etc. as well, but just with the intent of moving the pocket. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Poncier said:
    The worst is when it goes the other way and you get a bunch of long drives.  Then you have like 80% commercial content as they catch up.