Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    The crying is very Gen Z but Caleb is a Baller.  He can't do everything...no qb can.  
    he is no doubt, Im not crazy bout his sideline body language.....looks down when things arent going his way. Gotta lead no matter what
    As an alumnus I watch their games pretty closely....as painful as that can be.  He is a heck of a leader and puts 100% into his team.  His guys love him.
    (The crying thing was way too much, but my wife yells at me and reminds me I'm a caveman.  :lol: )
    I think he’s out of shape. Fuck that guy and his 1000 commercials.
    Haters gonna hate!  :lol:    
    I’m hoping he follows in the footsteps of stellar SC QBs sanchez, leinart, darnold and barkley.
    He'll be better than any qb from Utah.
    (Although I have much love for Alex Smith,he might take a while to be better than him.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,548
    Poncier said:
    Caleb may very well take the league by storm better than any talent ever seen.  Ever better than my boy.
    The physical gifts are there for sure. The mental makeup is as important as that component, we'll see if he has that.

Tom Brady didn't enter the NFL with all the physical tools of some guys, but he had the mental component in spades.
    Jeff George and Ryan Leaf and a host of others entered the league with all the physical gifts, but couldn't handle the mental part of the game.
    Just like Pat, the defense he’s working with is an absolute dumpster fire.  I’m inclined to believe he will be successful as soon as he’s given a chance to start for an NFL team.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    CJ Stroud is putting up some crazy numbers for a rookie.  I will admit I had no stock in the Texans but I might have to start watching them if they are on.

Dude can ball.

Oh yeah, Giants and Jets look pathetic.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,698
    zachy had some good moments but, in the end, he zached.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,204
    Wobbie said:
    That's a hard one to put on him though. They were pretty far out and it was basically a hail Mary
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    That's a hard one to put on him though. They were pretty far out and it was basically a hail Mary
    yeah, but he threw another soul crushing pick about two minutes prior.

a bad pick. on him.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I just thought of Kyle Pitts…#4 overall pick of the 2021 draft…he was supposed to be a game changer but I never hear anything about him…is it because he plays for a pretty irrelevant team or has he been a disappointment or even a bust?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,542
    edited November 2023
    Wobbie said:
    I just thought of Kyle Pitts…#4 overall pick of the 2021 draft…he was supposed to be a game changer but I never hear anything about him…is it because he plays for a pretty irrelevant team or has he been a disappointment or even a bust?
    Rookie year w/ Matt ryan, over 1000 yds

since
    mariotta, Heineke  Ridder

his coach isn’t getting it done 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    Yeah, the guy needs a QB who can get him the ball.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ^^^gotcha

to answer the “did the broncos win that game or did the bills lose it” question….it would be the latter.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,542
    Falcons always Failcant

draft Pitts 4th, London 8th, Bijan 8th overall consecutive years

what do they do? Not have decent qb or game plan to feed them… all super talented weapons, coach better figure it out soon or…
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    The Bills are toast.  People are seething (and have been since last season) that the offensive coordinator needs to be axed.  He sucks.  Allen looks lost, nobody gets schemed open.  They cant score.  

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    The Bills are toast.  People are seething (and have been since last season) that the offensive coordinator needs to be axed.  He sucks.  Allen looks lost, nobody gets schemed open.  They cant score.  

Good news is Bills will be able to hire Daboll back as OC in the offseason.

And McDermott deserves some serious blame for the way the end of the game played out. That 12 men penalty is on him.
    Should have saved a timeout, Denver was going to bleed the clock either way. But if he has a TO, then he can call it before the first FG and they get the right personnel on the field.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:

And McDermott deserves some serious blame for the way the end of the game played out. That 12 men penalty is on him.
    Should have saved a timeout, Denver was going to bleed the clock either way. But if he has a TO, then he can call it before the first FG and they get the right personnel on the field.
    McDermott is taking a lot of heat too.  They chronically fall apart in close games.  
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    I thought Peyton running a play and running his fg team on the field like that was stupid.  Too  many variables can go wrong. Worked this time but still a bad decision in my opinion.
  • Options
    I fell asleep so didn't watch it but just saw the ending. Wow.  Wide right but too many men on the field... Wow.

The Broncos stink.  HTH do they beat KC and the Bills?!?  Man maybe it is the coaching?
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,770
    pjhawks said:
    I thought Peyton running a play and running his fg team on the field like that was stupid.  Too  many variables can go wrong. Worked this time but still a bad decision in my opinion.
    Yeah it seemed too cute to me. Also probably contributed to the guy missing the first FG. Russell was losing a yard or two each kneel down. Whatever not my problem.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:

McDermott is taking a lot of heat too.  They chronically fall apart in close games.  

yeah, I'm not too impressed with the guy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

the “seething people” got their wish.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:

the “seething people” got their wish.
    I think those Miami teams that Dorsey led were among the best teams in college history. The talent was just absurd

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817
    edited November 2023
    2001 Canes for sure is one of the teams that has to be mentioned for best team
     Pretty much impossible to determine that sort of thing, but they are on the list.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    2001 Canes for sure is one of the teams that has to be mentioned for best team
     Pretty much impossible to determine that sort of thing, but they are on the list.

The amount of HOF ers that came out of that school during their 15 year run is incredible. 87 team was stout too.
  • Options
    That article is hysterical about Rapinoe.  That will be memes for years to come, lol.

The Browns gonna Brown...

They need to have an exorcism on that stadium and all it's history.  There is no way a team can have this much bad luck in QB's!?!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,836
    It's more that their owner is a fucking dunce. But, yeah, bad luck.
  • Options
    The owner deserves everything that comes with making that outrageous guaranteed contract 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,836
    The owner deserves everything that comes with making that outrageous guaranteed contract 
    Fun fact - I went to a Browns bar, in South Philly of all places, this past weekend. I genuinely feel for those people. You can feel the dread set in immediately after something good happens.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    That article is hysterical about Rapinoe.  That will be memes for years to come, lol.

They need to have an exorcism on that stadium and all it's history.  There is no way a team can have this much bad luck in QB's!?!
    The Browns could have traded for Brissett or Dobbs before the deadline.  This injury is new but at the deadline, Watson was still nursing the original shoulder injury.  Instead they decided to stay put and keep their 5th round pick.  Easy to see in hindsight, but I thought they needed a trade at the time. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Instead they decided to stay put and keep their 5th round pick. 
    Because that's the only pick they have left over the next 14 years after the Watson trade.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Instead they decided to stay put and keep their 5th round pick. 
    Because that's the only pick they have left over the next 14 years after the Watson trade.
    They got a fifth by trading Dobbs at the end of preseason to AZ. They thought DTR was ready to be the backup but he looked lost against the Ravens.  Then they had to pull up Walker from the practice squad.  It was a series of moves and decisions that will likely cost a playoff birth. 

I don't mind the Watson trade itself.  The fact is that the team needed a QB and drafting wasn't working. A good QB in his prime is almost impossible to get.