Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,542
    ^ Kirk Cousins will be paid big this offseason, 36 & all, torn achilles.......just cause there arent many options. Guy is good, but id stay away at this point
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,303
    mrussel1 said:
    That article is hysterical about Rapinoe.  That will be memes for years to come, lol.

The Browns gonna Brown...

They need to have an exorcism on that stadium and all it's history.  There is no way a team can have this much bad luck in QB's!?!
    The Browns could have traded for Brissett or Dobbs before the deadline.  This injury is new but at the deadline, Watson was still nursing the original shoulder injury.  Instead they decided to stay put and keep their 5th round pick.  Easy to see in hindsight, but I thought they needed a trade at the time. 

Who's their QB now then?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    mrussel1 said:
    That article is hysterical about Rapinoe.  That will be memes for years to come, lol.

The Browns gonna Brown...

They need to have an exorcism on that stadium and all it's history.  There is no way a team can have this much bad luck in QB's!?!
    The Browns could have traded for Brissett or Dobbs before the deadline.  This injury is new but at the deadline, Watson was still nursing the original shoulder injury.  Instead they decided to stay put and keep their 5th round pick.  Easy to see in hindsight, but I thought they needed a trade at the time. 

Who's their QB now then?
    They are going to start DTR evidently.  

Free agents they could try are Flacco,  Foles and.......Brady.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817
    Matt Ryan and Phil Rivers might be guys to ring up.  
    Flacco is done,  Brady is one I can't imagine unretiring to go to Browns, and Foles has been magical before. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Flacco is done,  Brady is one I can't imagine unretiring to go to Browns, and Foles has been magical before. 

I think Kapernick still wants to play :neutral:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817
    edited November 2023
    Also, Watson only costs the Browns $64MM in 24, again in 25, and again in 26.   (And another $9 in 27, when the deal is over.)

• Options
    Browns have a great rushing attack and D. If he really wanted to a chance to win again,  the team is there.  I don't think it's going to happen but if he were inclined,  it's actually a good fit. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Browns have a great rushing attack and D. If he really wanted to a chance to win again,  the team is there.  I don't think it's going to happen but if he were inclined,  it's actually a good fit. 
    Decent point....only 7 teams have a worse passing average.  They won with D and Running.  
    Perhaps best bet is to look for a Trent Dilfer option and not someone who will try to do too much and turn the ball over.  

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,542
    Call Fitzmagic… he looks like he put a few on lately 
  • Options
    Ha.
    Exactly the wrong type
      When you are solid on D and Running
    ..last thing you want is a gunslinger 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    mrussel1 said:
    Rushing attack still solid even without Chubb. And they actually have 2 very good WRs (Cooper and Moore) plus a capable TE in Njoku. They just need a decent NFL caliber QB to manage the offense and that defense could carry them pretty far.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,548
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Rushing attack still solid even without Chubb. And they actually have 2 very good WRs (Cooper and Moore) plus a capable TE in Njoku. They just need a decent NFL caliber QB to manage the offense and that defense could carry them pretty far.

I'm not saying this to be a smartass, but there is Colin Kaepernick. 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

I am a Kaep fan, but he is a risk taker.  If they could get him to just take easy throws and run toward the line or throw it away the other times I think he would be good.  Problem is, he wants to ball out...and while that is normal, with Kaep that adds up to some turnovers.  
    He has to be too rusty, as well.  This long w/o playing has to impact anyone, as much as it would help his body hold up.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

I am a Kaep fan, but he is a risk taker.  If they could get him to just take easy throws and run toward the line or throw it away the other times I think he would be good.  Problem is, he wants to ball out...and while that is normal, with Kaep that adds up to some turnovers.  
    He has to be too rusty, as well.  This long w/o playing has to impact anyone, as much as it would help his body hold up.

The rust factor is definitely the biggest concern.  If he catches on quickly, you may be able to run a lot of the concepts ran with Watson.  Both are very mobile and can sling it.  It would have to be a very pared down play sheet, but if you can coach him to take less risks.  It's a pipe dream for me, but I would love to see the Browns be successful with anyone other than Gropey Massage Guy.
  • Options
    Kellen Mond seems to be the most likely candidate.  If that's the case,  that means the Browns are rolling with DTR. I guess we'll see what happens this weekend in a very critical game. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Would be over the moon if the Texans made the playoffs.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Would be over the moon if the Texans made the playoffs.

They make the playoffs and Bengals miss out all because Tyler Boyd crapped his pants on a sure TD catch.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

His awareness in the pocket was horrible. Good QBs feel pressure and drift to an open spot to make a play. He felt pressure and more than not drifted right into a defensive player. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

I would think he's just been away from football for far too long at this point. Especially to plug in mid-season like the Cleveland Steamers need.
    Maybe if he had a full training camp, he might be an option but not just jumping in during week 11 having not played a snap for 7 years.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,770
    Rant time. I think there's some twitter account called Awful Announcing.

Kirk Herbstreit is an awful announcer. He has pathetically "traditional" views on football strategy. He and Al were shocked, shocked I say that the Bengals were even considering going for it on 3rd & 3, with their backup QB, from the 50 towards the end of the first half. Instead they punted after that stupid "try and draw them offsides" fakeout thing. The punt went into the end zone, the Ravens drove 80 yards down the field for a TD, and they never looked back. Not once does Herbstreet think to say "hey maybe that punt wasn't such a great idea". He did go out of his way to compliment the Bengals' white QB as "cerebral" (of course) and having "surprising athleticism". The guy looked ok, they might've picked up the 1st down. Worst case they give the Ravens the ball back, which they did on purpose by, you know, punting. How the hell do these clowns still have jobs - they almost never get anything right.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Burrow out for the year.  Wow.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,698
    thought that might be the case. I had both him and Cousins on my fantasy team. :lol:

the whole “why wasn’t Burrow on the injury report?” thing is all about the degenerate gamblers, isn’t it? amazing how far the NFL has gotten into bed with the gambling sites.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Kirk Herbstreit is an awful announcer. He has pathetically "traditional" views on football strategy. He and Al were shocked, shocked I say that the Bengals were even considering going for it on 3rd & 3, with their backup QB, from the 50 towards the end of the first half. Instead they punted after that stupid "try and draw them offsides" fakeout thing. The punt went into the end zone, the Ravens drove 80 yards down the field for a TD, and they never looked back. Not once does Herbstreet think to say "hey maybe that punt wasn't such a great idea". He did go out of his way to compliment the Bengals' white QB as "cerebral" (of course) and having "surprising athleticism". The guy looked ok, they might've picked up the 1st down. Worst case they give the Ravens the ball back, which they did on purpose by, you know, punting. How the hell do these clowns still have jobs - they almost never get anything right.
    Fossil has been awful for years.  Sidenote on old man fossil....his spray hair is awful.

Herbie has been spread too thin.  He used to be really good, on college football.  Now, he is asked to do way too much and kinda got lame.
  • Options

I do find it annoying that the old guard tries to crap on analytics every chance they can.  The fossils on the CBS panel pounce on it every chance they get.  The "sabermetrics" in football haven't translated as well as they have in baseball, but I can't fault a coach for trying to buy into it.  At least there's clear rationale why they would go for it on 4th and 4 from their own 35 early in the fourth quarter down by 10 points, rather than just going off of a "hunch" or instincts.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    thought that might be the case. I had both him and Cousins on my fantasy team. :lol:

the whole “why wasn’t Burrow on the injury report?” thing is all about the degenerate gamblers, isn’t it? amazing how far the NFL has gotten into bed with the gambling sites.

Yeah I have him on one of my teams as well. Luckily Tua is mo other QB. So that isn't too bad. Should pick up another QB just in case I suppose :neutral:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,698
    Wobbie said:

Yeah I have him on one of my teams as well. Luckily Tua is mo other QB. So that isn't too bad. Should pick up another QB just in case I suppose :neutral:
    about all you’ll get is zach wilson. I’ll take a zero before I play that little fucker.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

OMG stop it w Kapernick.  Though at this point he would be better than Zack Wilson.  Actually I'd be better than Wilson.

What game did Herbstreit call for the NFL?

On another note, the Broncos won again...  Wow.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

OMG stop it w Kapernick.  Though at this point he would be better than Zack Wilson.  Actually I'd be better than Wilson.

Herbie calls the Thursday games on Amazon. 
  • Options
    A few weeks back the Chicago Bears gave up 21 4th quarter points to Denver, and blew a big lead, and of course lost the game. Many of us in Chicago said it was the worst loss in franchise history. 

YESTERDAY WAS WORSE!!!!!
    These fucking idiots gave up 17 points in the final 2:30 minutes of the game!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Herbie calls the Thursday games on Amazon. 
    Ahhh no wonder why I never heard him.  Thanks.

Have zero interest in Thursday games.