The National Football League

Comments

• I did enjoy all the Madden tributes on Thanksgiving. That was a good idea. Did anyone see the papa, mama and baby buckets were all the same size?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    edited November 2023
    Mark Sanchez is really bad

you can tell he’s a dumb dumb
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    CROJAM95 said:

SC was the only school he could get in to.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:

SC was the only school he could get in to.
    Right, because everyone gets in there!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Hate to say it but Buck/Aikman seem to be the best.
    I like Burkhardt and Olsen on fox and believe it or not Nantz and Romo.  Nantz is getting too old for it now though.  Time for him to go.
    Romo is absolutely horrible. One of the worst announcers I've ever heard, in any sport. I thought he was really good the first couple years. Yesterday was one of the worst announced games I've ever seen. He was down there with Collinsworth in SB52.
    Give me Kevin Harlan and Trent Green anytime.  Harlan is my favorite play-by-play and he was the Chiefs play-by-play when I first got into football.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Yeah Harlan is great. 

Sean McDonough is a guy I have always felt has been underrated and underutilized his entire career. It looks like he only does hockey right now, along with Redsox radio. He should be one of the main NFL announcers. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,616
    edited November 2023
    Yeah Harlan is great. 

Sean McDonough is a guy I have always felt has been underrated and underutilized his entire career. It looks like he only does hockey right now, along with Redsox radio. He should be one of the main NFL announcers. 
    Agreed on McDonough.  He was great the one season he did MNF and I enjoyed him way back when on SEC Saturday games on CBS.

Yeah Harlan is great. 

Agreed on McDonough.  He was great the one season he did MNF and I enjoyed him way back when on SEC Saturday games on CBS.

The sound of his voice conjures up bad Joe Carter memories from my childhood....but that same voice also registers as one of those "big game" announcer voices to me. I don't think there are many of them around anymore. 
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Yeah Harlan is great. 

The Red Sox are wasting Sean McDonough in the Radio Booth. He should be on the TV games. The announcer they have NOW is beyond annoying. Dave O' Brien is the TV announcer and he's a Journeymen announcer who doesn't deserve  to be the Red Sox announcer.
  • I always thought Mike Patrick was really good too.  He was doing SNF on ESPN with Joe Theisman back in the day.
    I always thought Mike Patrick was really good too.  He was doing SNF on ESPN with Joe Theisman back in the day.
    Still look at this when I need a laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZaWvk6j0hk
    www.myspace.com
  • Haha.  I forgot about that.  Too funny
  • I always thought Mike Patrick was really good too.  He was doing SNF on ESPN with Joe Theisman back in the day.
    Still look at this when I need a laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZaWvk6j0hk

Not as weird as Brent Musburger, but close.
    Tepper press confrence

what I learned

your a moron
    and your Elmer Fudd 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,107
    edited November 2023
    Great - 3 more weeks of having to hear about stupid Wroggers and the meaningless Jets.
  • This might take a little attention off of AR.  BTW, I think he's going to end up blowing out his achilles again if he tries to play on it this year.

• Arrest warrant issued for Von Miller in Texas. He's alleged to have assaulted a pregnant woman. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    AR.  BTW, I think he's going to end up blowing out his achilles again if he tries to play on it this year.

I was thinking the same thing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Why the hell would he try this year? Even if they ran the table with him, I doubt they make it

hes just stroking his ego amongst other things… his persona 
  • Poncier said:
    AR.  BTW, I think he's going to end up blowing out his achilles again if he tries to play on it this year.

I was thinking the same thing.
    Yeah it's not going to end well. Whatever not my problem.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Newsflash: Aaron Rogers is all about Aaron Rogers. 
  • Damn SeaChickens choked that away.  Thought they might actually beat Dallas.

Wroggers gonna Wroggers.
    Played against Metcalf last night 😬

the td he scored after Njigba td overturned, then Fant td overturned only to see him get a td…. Kick to the balls by shitty refs who had no control of the game on numerous calls
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Played against Metcalf last night 😬

the td he scored after Njigba td overturned, then Fant td overturned only to see him get a td…. Kick to the balls by shitty refs who had no control of the game on numerous calls
    Yeah I had DK - and I know no one cares. That ball hitting the ground thing makes no sense. I've seen like 3 TD's vs. the Eagles this year that hit the ground and they barely look at it. The refs were horrible last night calling stupid penalties on the Seattle secondary every friggin play.

edited December 2023
    Washington likely was not going to win the game but it was lost for them they ran a slow developing running play on 4th and 1 towards the end of the 4th down by just 10 and in Cowboys territory.

I see teams struggle on short yardage situations all the time and it makes me smile. The Eagles have such an ENORMOUS advantage over the rest of the league in this category. 
    Holds true two weeks in a row against Dallas. 4th and 1, midfieldish, up 5 with maybe 6 minutes left....I think I remember the scenario correctly. Seattle goes for it (smart move) but elects to run a slow developing running play and gets stopped behind the line of scrimmage, essentially handing Dallas their first win against an opponent with more than 4 wins. 

Sneak it! If you are afraid to tush push it, then just sneak it. It's not that difficult to obtain less than one yard.

My god the Eagles are so much better at this than everyone else.
    www.myspace.com
  • Washington likely was not going to win the game but it was lost for them they ran a slow developing running play on 4th and 1 towards the end of the 4th down by just 10 and in Cowboys territory.

I see teams struggle on short yardage situations all the time and it makes me smile. The Eagles have such an ENORMOUS advantage over the rest of the league in this category. 
    Holds true two weeks in a row against Dallas. 4th and 1, midfieldish, up 5 with maybe 6 minutes left....I think I remember the scenario correctly. Seattle goes for it (smart move) but elects to run a slow developing running play and gets stopped behind the line of scrimmage, essentially handing Dallas their first win against an opponent with more than 4 wins. 

Sneak it! If you are afraid to tush push it, then just sneak it. It's not that difficult to obtain less than one yard.

My god the Eagles are so much better at this than everyone else.
    Yeah turning around and handing the ball to a RB 5 yds behind the LOS is just not a good strategy. The QB sneak has worked for many teams for many years regardless of whether someone is pushing the QB from behind. It boggles the mind.

• Arrest warrant issued for Von Miller in Texas. He's alleged to have assaulted a pregnant woman. 
    I don't recall Miller being a bad guy?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    Arrest warrant issued for Von Miller in Texas. He's alleged to have assaulted a pregnant woman. 
    Try dating him.  Then you'll know. 
    IIRC, he was suspended for 6 games when he was with the Broncos for trying to cheat the PED test... can't recall anything else though, and that certainly doesn't register on a scale w/ domestic abuse.  
  • Yeah, we will see what comes out but it appears he may be a fucking beater.  If so, flush his ass from the league