The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,510
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?
    That’s not an excuse. You see someone fall you make sure they are ok.  You sure as shit don’t turn your back and walk away,  you would also think a guy whose wife had cancer would be a bit more compassionate. 
    Sure it is. Not like he left her there to die. There are dozens of people around and his wife was right there. What’s he going to do besides potentially make it worse? Especially now knowing her injuries.
    it looks bad, he wont shake it off either. People will remember the look and back turn. Like it was killing his buzz or something
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?
    That’s not an excuse. You see someone fall you make sure they are ok.  You sure as shit don’t turn your back and walk away,  you would also think a guy whose wife had cancer would be a bit more compassionate. 
    Sure it is. Not like he left her there to die. There are dozens of people around and his wife was right there. What’s he going to do besides potentially make it worse? Especially now knowing her injuries.
    I think it's his attitude on it.. it was like "shit, I want no part of this..."
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    The Staffords announced they will pay all of her medical bills
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    you forgot to add THE RAMS

Its PR Clean up now
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    He caught a raft of shit. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?
    it looks bad, he wont shake it off either. People will remember the look and back turn. Like it was killing his buzz or something
    Bad look for sure.  What is he going to do?

Question.  When you see a car crash do you stop get out and go help to make sure everyone is all right?

I'm going to guess no?
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

Question.  When you see a car crash do you stop get out and go help to make sure everyone is all right?

I'm going to guess no?
    That's not a fair question.  BTW, the answer for me would be yes, if there was no one else on the scene.  But this happened RIGHT in front of him and quickly turned his head and walked, pointing to his wife to take care of it.  Big difference from a car crash.  Unless you would tell your wife to get out of the car and help the people while you sipped your water in the car. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,331
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    I think that's a poor analogy. If I'm standing next to someone and they fall and I turn and walk away, that's not the same as going 55 or 70 mph on the highway and not stopping for an accident on the side of the road. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    edited February 2022
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    What about if the woman is taking a picture of you and your wife, you are posing, and that happens.

There is no way to rationalize this.  He ducked out, left his wife to deal with it, and looks like less of a person because of that.
    People can do with it what they like.  Drunk or not, I think (much) less of someone who walks away from that. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,331
    Nice to see the Cowboys being involved in another scandal. Can't win a title so let's see what the cheerleaders are up to in their locker room.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?
    it wasn't just that he didn't help her....it was the callousness of the turning his back and walking away, literally giving no fucks. that's an asshole, drunk or not, no matter how you slice it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    actually, I did just that, as I'm sure many others would. I saw someone plow into a light standard after being cut off. I immediately pulled over, slammed on the brakes (after checking my rear view), and jumped out and ran towards them. My wife was yelling at me because I left her and the kids where they could be at potential risk of being hit from behind, being stopped on a busy street. But when I saw a small car getting demolished by a light standard, I quickly weighed both risks and made a choice. and I stand by it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?
    it wasn't just that he didn't help her....it was the callousness of the turning his back and walking away, literally giving no fucks. that's an asshole, drunk or not, no matter how you slice it. 
    Agreed...even if drunk a normal person would show empathy and concern.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Yeah and it's not as if he was black out drunk or anything. He was hammered but, come on. It happened within a few feet of him and he just goes "Oh my god" and turns and walks away as his wife tries to help. Fuck that. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    I didn’t expect him to dive or jump down… but there is a Grand Canyon space between that & what he did

All these knee controversies, maybe Matt shoulda at least gotten on his and asked are you ok ?& notified an EMT

i like Stafford & his/wife story… but you have to be able to differentiate things and say… that’s fucked up
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    What about if the woman is taking a picture of you and your wife, you are posing, and that happens.

There is no way to rationalize this.  He ducked out, left his wife to deal with it, and looks like less of a person because of that.
    People can do with it what they like.  Drunk or not, I think (much) less of someone who walks away from that. 
    tbergs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    I think that's a poor analogy. If I'm standing next to someone and they fall and I turn and walk away, that's not the same as going 55 or 70 mph on the highway and not stopping for an accident on the side of the road. 
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    That's not a fair question.  BTW, the answer for me would be yes, if there was no one else on the scene.  But this happened RIGHT in front of him and quickly turned his head and walked, pointing to his wife to take care of it.  Big difference from a car crash.  Unless you would tell your wife to get out of the car and help the people while you sipped your water in the car. 
    Reason I say it is that it is a law in the states.  You see an accident in front of you, you are supposed to stop and see if anyone needs help.  So if you see one and keep speeding along I think it's a fair analogy.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I just don’t think he could’ve really helped and he was definitely drunk enough to affect his judgement/reaction. Him walking off didn’t change anything and I don’t think it’s that far off from most peoples’ kneejerk reaction. Not a good look but a safer decision given there were tons of people around able to help.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    actually, I did just that, as I'm sure many others would. I saw someone plow into a light standard after being cut off. I immediately pulled over, slammed on the brakes (after checking my rear view), and jumped out and ran towards them. My wife was yelling at me because I left her and the kids where they could be at potential risk of being hit from behind, being stopped on a busy street. But when I saw a small car getting demolished by a light standard, I quickly weighed both risks and made a choice. and I stand by it. 
    It's nice to read that so many of you are upstanding like that.

Same here.  I'm the guy that runs towards it pointing and directing if no one else has taken charge yet.  Training...

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    It's nice to read that so many of you are upstanding like that.

Same here.  I'm the guy that runs towards it pointing and directing if no one else has taken charge yet.  Training...

I don't know man... this was from your home security monitoring.. Hillary sent it to me.

• Options
    HAHAHA
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Fuckin George 🤣
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?

tbergs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    Reason I say it is that it is a law in the states.  You see an accident in front of you, you are supposed to stop and see if anyone needs help.  So if you see one and keep speeding along I think it's a fair analogy.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Eric? What kind of name is that for a clown?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Eric? What kind of name is that for a clown?
    love that it was jon favreau
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?

tbergs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?

Seinfeld was way ahead of its time. Nowadays it is a common occurrence to stand back and film crimes on their phones instead of helping. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    haha, never thought of it that way. genius. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    CROJAM95 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?

I'm going to guess no?
    I’ve come across 2 car crashes in which I and others who were there first absolutely got out bad and offered help..It’s actually not hard to do..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,380
    Flores hired by The Steelers.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,380
    mickeyrat said:

Steelers Coaching staff

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Steelers Coaching staff

I like it.