Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    THANK GOD FOR JIM CARREY BEING INSPIRED BY PEARL JAM TO HELP VERIZONS Q1 RESULTS!

Say no to crypto!
    What?

THANK GOD FOR JIM CARREY BEING INSPIRED BY PEARL JAM TO HELP VERIZONS Q1 RESULTS!

Say no to crypto!
    lol. Yeah loud and clear.  I just don't understand it.  Maybe lost in translation?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,580
    edited February 2022
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

Say no to crypto!
    What?

Say no to crypto!
    lol. Yeah loud and clear.  I just don't understand it.  Maybe lost in translation?
    https://youtu.be/dCKifxWz9vs

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    Poncier said:
    Yikes, look how wide open Jamarr Chase was on the final play. Smoked Ramsey (like everyone else did) but Donald was already all over Burrow 

I wish NBC had shown a few replays of the end of that play, they just kept showing Donald wrapping up Burrow, but it looked to me like Perine had a shot to dive for that ball and just stood there. Honestly wonder why Cincy didn't just have Mixon on the field for that final drive, he's fine as a pass catcher and a decent blocker when he needs to help on a blitz. Perine shows me nothing and really made no effort on that throw...on 4th down in the final minute of the Super Bowl! Jeez dude, give it an effort at least.
    agreed....I had that same thought. Perine might not have seen the ball quick enough to dive but damn it was close. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I’ve never liked hip hop/rap. Wish they would have represented more genres. Put Hootie in there, and instead of the suggested 2pac hologram, do one of Thin Lizzy.
    Dude, are you being serious?  Thin Lizzy?  There's been plenty of classic rock acts.. Petty, Springsteen, etc.  Did you think they needed to put some rap into those shows to balance it out?
    Being series that I personally don’t like hip hop. I thought my suggestion of a halo gram of Thin Lizzy was ridiculous enough to know that was a joke though.
    ok.  People do say ridiculous things around here, in a serious way. 
    On a more serious note I do think the choice of performers was a little odd. If they were going for 90s hip-hop theme then they nailed it. But I’m guessing they were going more for black celebration/acknowledgement theme. I’ve already heard a lot of comments that half time was targeted to age 40-50, and seems kinda true. I think they would have gotten that message across better if they included more recent black artists instead of focusing on 90s hip-hop. But not Hootie or Thin Lizzy.
    Thats just my opinion, I usually don’t care for the half time show. Not even when it was The Who. Over produced medleys of random hits aren’t my thing.
    I thought  it was meant as a West cost rap celebration, being it was Dre and guests. Not directed at you but a lot of antiwoke snowflakes seem to be dismissing it as black celebration as well. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,063
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I’ve never liked hip hop/rap. Wish they would have represented more genres. Put Hootie in there, and instead of the suggested 2pac hologram, do one of Thin Lizzy.
    Dude, are you being serious?  Thin Lizzy?  There's been plenty of classic rock acts.. Petty, Springsteen, etc.  Did you think they needed to put some rap into those shows to balance it out?
    Being series that I personally don’t like hip hop. I thought my suggestion of a halo gram of Thin Lizzy was ridiculous enough to know that was a joke though.
    On a more serious note I do think the choice of performers was a little odd. If they were going for 90s hip-hop theme then they nailed it. But I’m guessing they were going more for black celebration/acknowledgement theme. I’ve already heard a lot of comments that half time was targeted to age 40-50, and seems kinda true. I think they would have gotten that message across better if they included more recent black artists instead of focusing on 90s hip-hop. But not Hootie or Thin Lizzy.
    Thats just my opinion, I usually don’t care for the half time show. Not even when it was The Who. Over produced medleys of random hits aren’t my thing.
    Doesn't the halftime show always consists of legacy acts and very-very famous songs everyone know?

Why would these chosen artists not help with a black celebration/acknowledgement them?

Also, regarding "the 90's"

In Da Club came out in 2003
    Family Affair and No More Drama came out in 2001
    M.A.A.D City came out in 2012
    Alright came out in 2015
    Loose yourself came out in 2002
    And Still Dre rocked MTV at the tailend of 1999

Most of the time it’s a legacy act, yes. But not always. 6 or 7 years ago was Katy Perry and a year or 2 later was Bruno Mars.
    Of course not every song was from the 90s. But that was the focus.
    And of course they help black celebration. I just personally think a wider variety that included current/more recent artists would have been better. The top names were Snoop, Dre, Eminem, 50 cent, Mary J. People under 30 probably know Dre more for headphones than his music.. All got their start in the early-mid 90s. All were their biggest in the 90s (except maybe MJB in the 2000s). So while some songs did come later, the music theme was 90s hip hop.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Doesn't the halftime show always consists of legacy acts and very-very famous songs everyone know?

Why would these chosen artists not help with a black celebration/acknowledgement them?

Alright came out in 2015

Most of the time it’s a legacy act, yes. But not always. 6 or 7 years ago was Katy Perry and a year or 2 later was Bruno Mars.
    And of course they help black celebration. I just personally think a wider variety that included current/more recent artists would have been better. The top names were Snoop, Dre, Eminem, 50 cent, Mary J. People under 30 probably know Dre more for headphones than his music.. All got their start in the early-mid 90s. All were their biggest in the 90s (except maybe MJB in the 2000s). So while some songs did come later, the music theme was 90s hip hop.
    Ummm Kendrick Lamar?

He's one of the bigger rappers out there.

Oh and Damn Kodak Black and his crew got into a damn shootout...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,063
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

Alright came out in 2015

Ummm Kendrick Lamar?

He's one of the bigger rappers out there.

Oh and Damn Kodak Black and his crew got into a damn shootout...
    Yeah, I’m not saying it only had 90s hip hop. They always have a huge lineup. Just seemed to me that was where the spotlight was. And I’m not alone as I already said I’ve heard others say the show was aimed towards 40-50 year olds with a few others throw in as they always do.
    Google who performed at the Super Bowl and this was the first response “ The headliners for this year's halftime show are Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar.” The first 4 mentioned are 90s. So I’d say the say the main focus was 90s hip hop.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    so fucking what. change the channel.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Weird having English artists (Katy Perry, The Who etc) do the show...

Why not have it always be connected to the city it is in. Like LA in this instance (if the Superbowl was in LA, but I think it was...)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Why not have it always be connected to the city it is in. Like LA in this instance (if the Superbowl was in LA, but I think it was...)
    Katy is from Cali...she just likes English blokes

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Katy is from Cali...she just likes English blokes
    Well, I'll be damned. I remember a picture of her in her teens by a computer, and thinking THAT IS SUCH A NORMAL BRITISH GAL AND NOW SHE IS FAMOUS.

Good to know. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I thought  it was meant as a West cost rap celebration, being it was Dre and guests.  
    Mary J is from NY, Eminem is Detroit and Fifty Cent is from NY, so only half the performers were west coast.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,672
    Poncier said:
    Yikes, look how wide open Jamarr Chase was on the final play. Smoked Ramsey (like everyone else did) but Donald was already all over Burrow 

I wish NBC had shown a few replays of the end of that play, they just kept showing Donald wrapping up Burrow, but it looked to me like Perine had a shot to dive for that ball and just stood there. Honestly wonder why Cincy didn't just have Mixon on the field for that final drive, he's fine as a pass catcher and a decent blocker when he needs to help on a blitz. Perine shows me nothing and really made no effort on that throw...on 4th down in the final minute of the Super Bowl! Jeez dude, give it an effort at least.
    I thought the same thing. he’s, like, “oh…there goes the ball.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

Alright came out in 2015

NWA was where Dre started, in the 80s

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,333
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

Alright came out in 2015

NWA was where Dre started, in the 80s

Yeah, I don't get this whole diverse genres Bullshit. Who are the people saying that? That was a hell of a diverse bunch of hip hop/rap gods on that field yesterday representing almost 40 years of that musical genre.

Dre: Late 80's to early 2000's
    Snoop: Torch passed from Dre in early 90's to mid 2000's
    Eminem: Mostly 2000 - 2010 with a few hits beyond that
    MJB: Mid 90's - mid 2000's
    50: Early 2000's
    Kendrick: 2012 - present
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I am guessing that Cincy will be fortifying their Oline?  Looking for another WR considering OBJ is out most likely w that ACL tear.

It will be a tough go to get back to the SB next year for Cincy.  I think Buffalo will be in next year.
  • Options
    I am guessing that Cincy will be fortifying their Oline?  Looking for another WR considering OBJ is out most likely w that ACL tear.

It will be a tough go to get back to the SB next year for Cincy.  I think Buffalo will be in next year.
    Cincy definitely needs to prioritize upgrading their O-line.
    They are good at WR though. OBJ was a Ram (and now an injured free agent).
    Cincy has 3 solid to great WR's in Chase, Higgins and Boyd.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Brain fart on OBJ...  That was meant for the rams, lol.

I still like the Bills in next year unless Chase and Burrow light the league up like they might.

That may be one hell of a prop bet in the beginning of the year.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,672
    I sure hope Burrow doesn’t suffer the fate of Dan Marino….but that could happen.

I do like them to control the AFC Central for awhile.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I sure hope Burrow doesn’t suffer the fate of Dan Marino….but that could happen.

or Andrew Luck....CIN needs that line to hold

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    Poncier said:

I still like the Bills in next year unless Chase and Burrow light the league up like they might.

I feel confident in the Bills, but so tough to pick a winner in the AFC.  I think it takes/will take a significant amount of luck for whoever comes out.  Cincinnati were the lucky ones this year.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

What are you a time-traveler? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    Wobbie said:

What are you a time-traveler? 
    Haha.  I used to love that Berman called the NFC Central the Norris Division. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

ummm you do know cincy is afc north , no?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:

Cut the guy a break.  He's just showing his age.  I long for the AFC Central days... Houston Oilers and no such thing as the Ravens (goddam team stealers).  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:

Cut the guy a break.  He's just showing his age.  I long for the AFC Central days... Houston Oilers and no such thing as the Ravens (goddam team stealers).  

hey. they took a very bad team and made them good. THEN you got another chance and just what did you do with it. fucked it up. as usual. and back to the same bad team.

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:

I feel confident in the Bills, but so tough to pick a winner in the AFC.  I think it takes/will take a significant amount of luck for whoever comes out.  Cincinnati were the lucky ones this year.
    Yeah between the Bills, KC, Cincy and you know that the Pats aren't going anywhere.  Then there's the Titans, Raiders and Chargers.  Broncos if they can steal a QB from somewhere.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:

Yeah between the Bills, KC, Cincy and you know that the Pats aren't going anywhere.  Then there's the Titans, Raiders and Chargers.  Broncos if they can steal a QB from somewhere.
    Plus, there's always the Jets!
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:

hey. they took a very bad team and made them good. THEN you got another chance and just what did you do with it. fucked it up. as usual. and back to the same bad team.
    It was the same team, including Ozzy as the GM.  It was not a very bad team.  The Browns made the playoffs in 94.  

In 99, the Browns got screwed because the league thought it did too much to help the Jags and Panthers as expansion teams, so they dialed back the assistance.  But they went too far.  Now since then, yes poorly managed.  But the fact of the matter is that Baltimore is a bunch of team stealing assholes who whined for years about the Colts and then did the exact same thing to Cleveland.  The league then offered the the city the Buccaneers but Cleveland said no way.  We won't take another team.  We may suck, but we have integrity. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:

Don't forget the uninjured Ravens.  Browns could be good, Colts... its a nightmare.