The National Football League

Comments

• MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:
    I am guessing that Cincy will be fortifying their Oline?  Looking for another WR considering OBJ is out most likely w that ACL tear.

It will be a tough go to get back to the SB next year for Cincy.  I think Buffalo will be in next year.
    Cincy definitely needs to prioritize upgrading their O-line.
    They are good at WR though. OBJ was a Ram (and now an injured free agent).
    Cincy has 3 solid to great WR's in Chase, Higgins and Boyd.
    Brain fart on OBJ...  That was meant for the rams, lol.

I still like the Bills in next year unless Chase and Burrow light the league up like they might.

That may be one hell of a prop bet in the beginning of the year.
    I feel confident in the Bills, but so tough to pick a winner in the AFC.  I think it takes/will take a significant amount of luck for whoever comes out.  Cincinnati were the lucky ones this year.
    Yeah between the Bills, KC, Cincy and you know that the Pats aren't going anywhere.  Then there's the Titans, Raiders and Chargers.  Broncos if they can steal a QB from somewhere.
    Don't forget the uninjured Ravens.  Browns could be good, Colts... its a nightmare.  
    Ravens QB is good.  Browns, no.  

If Trevor Lawerence can get good coaching maybe his team?  If not then he is a Sam Darnold/Daniel Jones type high DP that went nowhere...
  • mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:
    I sure hope Burrow doesn’t suffer the fate of Dan Marino….but that could happen.

I do like them to control the AFC Central for awhile.

ummm you do know cincy is afc north , no?
    Cut the guy a break.  He's just showing his age.  I long for the AFC Central days... Houston Oilers and no such thing as the Ravens (goddam team stealers).  

hey. they took a very bad team and made them good. THEN you got another chance and just what did you do with it. fucked it up. as usual. and back to the same bad team.
    It was the same team, including Ozzy as the GM.  It was not a very bad team.  The Browns made the playoffs in 94.  

In 99, the Browns got screwed because the league thought it did too much to help the Jags and Panthers as expansion teams, so they dialed back the assistance.  But they went too far.  Now since then, yes poorly managed.  But the fact of the matter is that Baltimore is a bunch of team stealing assholes who whined for years about the Colts and then did the exact same thing to Cleveland.  The league then offered the the city the Buccaneers but Cleveland said no way.  We won't take another team.  We may suck, but we have integrity. 
    And ya had to have a "dog pound" again...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:
    I sure hope Burrow doesn’t suffer the fate of Dan Marino….but that could happen.

Cut the guy a break.  He's just showing his age.  I long for the AFC Central days... Houston Oilers and no such thing as the Ravens (goddam team stealers).  

hey. they took a very bad team and made them good. THEN you got another chance and just what did you do with it. fucked it up. as usual. and back to the same bad team.
    It was the same team, including Ozzy as the GM.  It was not a very bad team.  The Browns made the playoffs in 94.  

In 99, the Browns got screwed because the league thought it did too much to help the Jags and Panthers as expansion teams, so they dialed back the assistance.  But they went too far.  Now since then, yes poorly managed.  But the fact of the matter is that Baltimore is a bunch of team stealing assholes who whined for years about the Colts and then did the exact same thing to Cleveland.  The league then offered the the city the Buccaneers but Cleveland said no way.  We won't take another team.  We may suck, but we have integrity. 
    yeah, I mean what else would we do with all the batteries we had stored up, other than chuck them at players?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:

yeah, I mean what else would we do with all the batteries we had stored up, other than chuck them at players?
    Send them to the Bills mafia so they can use them in their sex toys rather than throw those on the field.
    Cures the problem of fans throwing shit on the field in 2 Lake Erie cities.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:

Send them to the Bills mafia so they can use them in their sex toys rather than throw those on the field.
    Cures the problem of fans throwing shit on the field in 2 Lake Erie cities.
    haha, that's an awesome idea. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited February 2022
    https://deadline.com/2022/02/super-bowl-viewership-up-rams-win-bengals-nbc-olympics-1234932994/

So much for the "go woke, go broke" disingenuous bullshit. I think ratings were up all year too.

And a lot of those hypocrites who said they swore off the NFL the last few years were among the ones criticizing the halftime show, that they were watching (lol), last night. 

www.myspace.com
  • https://deadline.com/2022/02/super-bowl-viewership-up-rams-win-bengals-nbc-olympics-1234932994/

So much for the "go woke, go broke" disingenuous bullshit. I think ratings were up all year too.

And a lot of those hypocrites who said they swore off the NFL the last few years were among the ones criticizing the halftime show, that they were watching (lol), last night. 

You watch football for the plays and players.  I'm pretty sure the majority doesn't give a shit about wokeness and enjoy the game(s).
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    https://deadline.com/2022/02/super-bowl-viewership-up-rams-win-bengals-nbc-olympics-1234932994/

You watch football for the plays and players.  I'm pretty sure the majority doesn't give a shit about wokeness and enjoy the game(s).
    Exactly. Which is why the folks talking about that stuff are full of poop! lol
    www.myspace.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    the sooner everyone just admits and submits to the fact that the NFL has us and controls us all, the better-off they are.  

I dont see it going anywhere for quite awhile.  If they can truly breach the global market, it could really keep the insane growth pattern up for another quarter/half century.
  • MayDay10 said:
    the sooner everyone just admits and submits to the fact that the NFL has us and controls us all, the better-off they are.  

I dont see it going anywhere for quite awhile.  If they can truly breach the global market, it could really keep the insane growth pattern up for another quarter/half century.
    How is it working in good ol London?  I know people go to the games and have no idea what is happening.

The time difference sucks for England if they are to get more games.  Perfect for me as I can have football on at 9 am in the morning.  I could have Fooseball on for like 15 hours straight!
    MayDay10 said:

How is it working in good ol London?  I know people go to the games and have no idea what is happening.

The time difference sucks for England if they are to get more games.  Perfect for me as I can have football on at 9 am in the morning.  I could have Fooseball on for like 15 hours straight!
    I love the morning games.  

I think it is OK in London.  Big crowds and they seem to be engaged in the action.  I believe they applied to host a Superbowl coming up...

Ultimately, they really 'need' a home team for things to get to that next level.  Seeing different teams all the time, often the irrelevant Jaguars, normally inconsequential games doesn't really move the needle all that much.  If they had a home team and actual marketable players, it could be a different story.  

They are now probing into Germany too starting this year.  
    MayDay10 said:

I don't know.  I feel like football is a little bit of a dying sport.  I know it's doing fine, but I mean at teh junior levels.  More and more parents are keeping their kids from playing.  I didn't let my son play.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I don't know.  I feel like football is a little bit of a dying sport.  I know it's doing fine, but I mean at teh junior levels.  More and more parents are keeping their kids from playing.  I didn't let my son play.  
    My buddy runs a youth team in Crenshaw in LA and it is only getting bigger.
    I also think youth football is adapting a bit from strapping on full equipment to doing more of a recreational/flag football type of activity.  In high school, lots of athletes seem to still be filtering onto the High School programs, at least locally.  As long as NCAA Football continues to be big money, there should be enough top-end high school athletes chasing those scholarship opportunities.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:
    I am guessing that Cincy will be fortifying their Oline?  Looking for another WR considering OBJ is out most likely w that ACL tear.

It will be a tough go to get back to the SB next year for Cincy.  I think Buffalo will be in next year.

I still like the Bills in next year unless Chase and Burrow light the league up like they might.

I feel confident in the Bills, but so tough to pick a winner in the AFC.  I think it takes/will take a significant amount of luck for whoever comes out.  Cincinnati were the lucky ones this year.
    Yeah between the Bills, KC, Cincy and you know that the Pats aren't going anywhere.  Then there's the Titans, Raiders and Chargers.  Broncos if they can steal a QB from somewhere.
    Don't forget the uninjured Ravens.  Browns could be good, Colts... its a nightmare.  
    Ravens QB is good. 

he's already peaked.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    MayDay10 said:

I don’t see it happening on a large scale for a long time. I can’t imagine players are really happy about flying 10 hours each way. They’d have to form enough home teams to sustain a league over there with a few inter league exposition games to get started. Couldn’t do it with just 2 or 3 teams that have to fly halfway around the world almost every week to play, would need an instant league start-up.
  • Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:

Ravens QB is good. 

he's already peaked.
    If he maintains that peak then they will be good too.
    Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:

Ravens QB is good. 

he's already peaked.
    He needs to be able to throw outside the numbers.  Everything is Andrews today. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:

Ravens QB is good. 

he's already peaked.
    no…he peaked….he never even sniffs MVP status again.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Michele Tafoya. Who knew?
    I miss igotid88
  • She is a hack.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited February 2022
    Girl falls off a stage and Stanford walks away.  She cracked her spine. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stafford saw her fall and told Kelly to take care of it <a href="https://t.co/FmzGJNZQXf">pic.twitter.com/FmzGJNZQXf</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) <a href="">February 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    mrussel1 said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stafford saw her fall and told Kelly to take care of it <a href="https://t.co/FmzGJNZQXf">pic.twitter.com/FmzGJNZQXf</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) <a href="">February 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Lost a lot of respect for Stafford there.  How big of a dbag do you have to be to see someone fall and just walk away,  inexcusable behavior 
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lost a lot of respect for Stafford there.  How big of a dbag do you have to be to see someone fall and just walk away,  inexcusable behavior 
    I agree.  I used to like him but that was total dick. He didn't give a fuck.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?
    That’s not an excuse. You see someone fall you make sure they are ok.  You sure as shit don’t turn your back and walk away,  you would also think a guy whose wife had cancer would be a bit more compassionate. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Tafoya inner Karen coming out

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    CROJAM95 said:
    Tafoya inner Karen coming out

Just another crazy Minnesotan. We're all so proud of her inner racist. Can't imagine the inner dialogue she had to hide all those years on the sideline.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree.  I used to like him but that was total dick. He didn't give a fuck.
    What a total loser.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    pjhawks said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he hammered drunk?
    That’s not an excuse. You see someone fall you make sure they are ok.  You sure as shit don’t turn your back and walk away,  you would also think a guy whose wife had cancer would be a bit more compassionate. 
    Sure it is. Not like he left her there to die. There are dozens of people around and his wife was right there. What’s he going to do besides potentially make it worse? Especially now knowing her injuries.