Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Halftime show was a lot better than I expected it to be. 

Kind of felt like the refs at the end of the game realized that not many penalties had been called and started to make up for it.
  • Options
    Extended version of the Larry David commercial....

https://youtu.be/BH5-rSxilxo
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    mace1229 said:
    I’ve never liked hip hop/rap. Wish they would have represented more genres. Put Hootie in there, and instead of the suggested 2pac hologram, do one of Thin Lizzy.
    Dude, are you being serious?  Thin Lizzy?  There's been plenty of classic rock acts.. Petty, Springsteen, etc.  Did you think they needed to put some rap into those shows to balance it out?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    edited February 2022
    Wasn't this the first time hip hop was the halftime act?
    Looooooove all of the flyover country complaints about the show.  I appreciate  that more than the actual game. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

There's a lot of hurt feelings in America today after that halftime show. 

Thoughts & prayers. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,333
    I kinda wish the halftime show was just Dre and Snoop. Have no interest in Blidge or Lamar, and Eminem, as usual, was half-lip-syncing to a backing track.

Won a big bet though. Bet that the game MVP would be a non-QB. 
    were any of them actually singing/rapping live? I thought it was standard OP at the Super Bowl that they don't allow live music for fear of fuck ups. 

I don't even know. It kinda seemed like Snoop was live. But either way, if lip-syncing is needed for these sort of performances, then at least make it look real. I couldn't tell with Snoop or Dre, but Eminem was so obvious. I saw him live in 2003 and it was obvious then too. He wasn't full-on lip-syncing then, but he was rapping along with a backing track of the master vocal. 
    They all were singing. There were some backing tracks with them on a few, but no one was lip-syncing. Really missed 2Pac on California Love. 50 sounded about as good as he looked; a bit winded. Dre and Snoop knocked it out of the park as usual. They were always the top of that group of artists and it's clear why. Even edited to a more PG-13 version, Still Dre sounded great. That album was the epitome of my college years. Got played at almost every party.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Wasn't this the first time hip hop was the halftime act?
    Looooooove all of the flyover country complaints about the show.  I appreciate  that more than the actual game. 

I believe so.  Katy Perry brought on Missy Elliott a few years ago.  The Weekend was last year.  Travis Scott was on too.

Black Eyed Peas and Usher was probably the closest show.
  • Options

I have no idea who Toure is but I thought it was funny considering the performers were announced months ago.  Who is really complaining, lol?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501

Literally laughed out at loud at the whole thing. Better than the last few seasons of Curb. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501

I have no idea who Toure is but I thought it was funny considering the performers were announced months ago.  Who is really complaining, lol?
    Disingenuous Republicans looking to expand the battlefield in their dumb culture war.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Disingenuous Republicans looking to expand the battlefield in their dumb culture war.

I love freedom!  And I don't think this should be allowed on TV!  

These people don't even bother trying to square their arguments anymore.  
  • Options

Sexual anarchy?  Jeezus.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/charlie-kirk-super-bowl-halftime-show-sexual-anarchy-1299730/
  • Options

Literally laughed out at loud at the whole thing. Better than the last few seasons of Curb. lol
    lol, that's the truth. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    How was "Sexual Anarchy" never the name of a band or an album?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    How was "Sexual Anarchy" never the name of a band or an album?
    It's gold right?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,064
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I’ve never liked hip hop/rap. Wish they would have represented more genres. Put Hootie in there, and instead of the suggested 2pac hologram, do one of Thin Lizzy.
    Dude, are you being serious?  Thin Lizzy?  There's been plenty of classic rock acts.. Petty, Springsteen, etc.  Did you think they needed to put some rap into those shows to balance it out?
    Being series that I personally don’t like hip hop. I thought my suggestion of a halo gram of Thin Lizzy was ridiculous enough to know that was a joke though.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Being series that I personally don’t like hip hop. I thought my suggestion of a halo gram of Thin Lizzy was ridiculous enough to know that was a joke though.
    ok.  People do say ridiculous things around here, in a serious way. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Shirley you can't be serious?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    Yikes, look how wide open Jamarr Chase was on the final play. Smoked Ramsey (like everyone else did) but Donald was already all over Burrow 

I wish NBC had shown a few replays of the end of that play, they just kept showing Donald wrapping up Burrow, but it looked to me like Perine had a shot to dive for that ball and just stood there. Honestly wonder why Cincy didn't just have Mixon on the field for that final drive, he's fine as a pass catcher and a decent blocker when he needs to help on a blitz. Perine shows me nothing and really made no effort on that throw...on 4th down in the final minute of the Super Bowl! Jeez dude, give it an effort at least.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Where was Xibit? 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Matt Damon also made an ad for crypto... yuck.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Where was Xibit? 
    In da club rollin' that weed up, duh...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,333

So many crypto commercials...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,064
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    On a more serious note I do think the choice of performers was a little odd. If they were going for 90s hip-hop theme then they nailed it. But I’m guessing they were going more for black celebration/acknowledgement theme. I’ve already heard a lot of comments that half time was targeted to age 40-50, and seems kinda true. I think they would have gotten that message across better if they included more recent black artists instead of focusing on 90s hip-hop. But not Hootie or Thin Lizzy.
    Thats just my opinion, I usually don’t care for the half time show. Not even when it was The Who. Over produced medleys of random hits aren’t my thing.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

So many crypto commercials...
    Lebron James was in one too.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,584
    edited February 2022
    THANK GOD FOR JIM CARREY BEING INSPIRED BY PEARL JAM TO HELP VERIZONS Q1 RESULTS!

Say no to crypto!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    On a more serious note I do think the choice of performers was a little odd. If they were going for 90s hip-hop theme then they nailed it. But I’m guessing they were going more for black celebration/acknowledgement theme. I’ve already heard a lot of comments that half time was targeted to age 40-50, and seems kinda true. I think they would have gotten that message across better if they included more recent black artists instead of focusing on 90s hip-hop. But not Hootie or Thin Lizzy.
    Thats just my opinion, I usually don’t care for the half time show. Not even when it was The Who. Over produced medleys of random hits aren’t my thing.
    My wife just told me that all of her friends on fb said "best show ever!"  We're 49.  
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    THANK GOD FOR JIM CARREY BEING INSPIRED BY PEARL JAM TO HELP VERIZONS Q1 RESULTS!

Say no to crypto!
    What?

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:

Say no to crypto!
    What?

Say no to crypto!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Doesn't the halftime show always consists of legacy acts and very-very famous songs everyone know?

Why would these chosen artists not help with a black celebration/acknowledgement them?

Also, regarding "the 90's"

In Da Club came out in 2003
    Family Affair and No More Drama came out in 2001
    M.A.A.D City came out in 2012
    Alright came out in 2015
    Loose yourself came out in 2002
    And Still Dre rocked MTV at the tailend of 1999