Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,418
    mrussel1 said:
    50 cent through inflation is a buck 20 now.

halftime show was meh.  

The pushing of inclusiveness is a wee bit excessive, no?
    What do you mean?  I didn't even notice.  

I read that as it was too black.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Just happy to see the diverse group of dancers on the field too.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,626
    edited February 2022
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Halftime was good minus Curtis Jackson, that was lame… sounded shittu

bengals lucky to have gotten this far with that line. Needs to be priority 1,2,3 this offseason

Weird having him as a surprise guest. And not.. I don't know but some legend or whatever. Stevie Wonder or Axl Rose playing the piano in Still Dre or something.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

halftime show was meh.  

lol, no that was furthest from what I meant.  

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

halftime show was meh.  

lol, no that was furthest from what I meant.  

then please enlighten me. I dont understand your post there.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    edited February 2022
    I kinda wish the halftime show was just Dre and Snoop. Have no interest in Blidge or Lamar, and Eminem, as usual, was half-lip-syncing to a backing track.

Won a big bet though. Bet that the game MVP would be a non-QB. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,153
    I kinda wish the halftime show was just Dre and Snoop. Have no interest in Blidge or Lamar, and Eminem, as usual, was half-lip-syncing to a backing track.

were any of them actually singing/rapping live? I thought it was standard OP at the Super Bowl that they don't allow live music for fear of fuck ups. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    edited February 2022

were any of them actually singing/rapping live? I thought it was standard OP at the Super Bowl that they don't allow live music for fear of fuck ups. 

I don't even know. It kinda seemed like Snoop was live. But either way, if lip-syncing is needed for these sort of performances, then at least make it look real. I couldn't tell with Snoop or Dre, but Eminem was so obvious. I saw him live in 2003 and it was obvious then too. He wasn't full-on lip-syncing then, but he was rapping along with a backing track of the master vocal. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

halftime show was meh.  

You didn't notice the commercials, coin toss, etc.?  The NFL and corporations are trying to show more and more diversity.  I read an article that is was actually down from last year.

Just something I noticed as it seems forced and not organic sometimes was my point.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

halftime show was meh.  

You didn't notice the commercials, coin toss, etc.?  The NFL and corporations are trying to show more and more diversity.  I read an article that is was actually down from last year.

Just something I noticed as it seems forced and not organic sometimes was my point.

another way to look at it as a cynical calculated move to grow interest in the sport.
     Though BJK was appropriate given being from there and what shes accomplished on the court and more lasting off the court. its the 50th anniversary of Title IX ffs.

To highlight the girls teams and the deaf community was cool.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,848
    mrussel1 said:

halftime show was meh.  

Well yeah it's forced. You see that in commercials all the time.  I don't know how it becomes organic.  I think it just becomes commonplace where you don't notice. 
  • Options

I only watched it once, on youtube... but I remember hearing Dre "puff" in the mic like it was live and sounding a bit out of breath.. But maybe I am misremembering.
  • Options

Could have been Dre/Snoop and have Eminem or Mary J Blige as a surprise or something. It felt a bit overcrowded...

But I guess their goal was to overwhelm with the number of people. Even adding 50 cent, who was not in the add for the show.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    Not sure what that upside down shit was with 50 either. 

I did catch a gif of Snoop puffing a vape pen or something during the performance. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,072
    Just happy to see the diverse group of dancers on the field too.I
    I didn’t see any diversity. They made a point to not be diverse.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Just happy to see the diverse group of dancers on the field too.I
    I didn’t see any diversity. They made a point to not be diverse.
    I did think the blond hair was a nod to Eminem though?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Fuck the Rams for what they did to St Louis. Really wanted Cincy to pull it out. Good, but pretty uneventful game. 

The Google commercial was cringy I thought. 

Didn’t even notice Eminem kneeling but really enjoying all the whining and claiming that it was for Tupac by all the racists dbags. 

• Options
    DewieCox said:
    Fuck the Rams for what they did to St Louis. Really wanted Cincy to pull it out. Good, but pretty uneventful game. 

The Google commercial was cringy I thought. 

Didn’t even notice Eminem kneeling but really enjoying all the whining and claiming that it was for Tupac by all the racists dbags. 

I was seriously waiting for the Tupac hologram to make an appearance!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,525

I did catch a gif of Snoop puffing a vape pen or something during the performance. 
    From in da club video, upside down in the video 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

From in da club video, upside down in the video 
    ah...I'm not well versed with 50

Yeah the Eminem kneel is getting too much attention. They weren't playing the anthem so who gives a shit? I saw him kneel and didn't think anything about it.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    Instead of 50 it should’ve been the Tupac hologram
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I loved the halftime show.  Kendrick Lamar was a bit out of place though.  Ice Cube would have been perfect.  
  • Options
    Yikes, look how wide open Jamarr Chase was on the final play. Smoked Ramsey (like everyone else did) but Donald was already all over Burrow 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I loved the halftime show.  Kendrick Lamar was a bit out of place though.  Ice Cube would have been perfect.  
    He's the modern era rapper and a local.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,812
    Yikes, look how wide open Jamarr Chase was on the final play. Smoked Ramsey (like everyone else did) but Donald was already all over Burrow 

There are always lots of what ifs but yeah, if they could just give him a bit more time he would have found someone.

I think the playcalling didn't adjust enough to quick slants/crosses.  D adjustments won the day

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    MayDay10 said:
    He's the modern era rapper and a local.  
    Yeah, I like him.  I have seen him do some other events and dug it... just didn't think it fit well with all the nostalgia there.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,072
    I’ve never liked hip hop/rap. Wish they would have represented more genres. Put Hootie in there, and instead of the suggested 2pac hologram, do one of Thin Lizzy.
  • Options

There are always lots of what ifs but yeah, if they could just give him a bit more time he would have found someone.

I think the playcalling didn't adjust enough to quick slants/crosses.  D adjustments won the day

Agreed...and I don't understand why. 

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,525
    Cube is anti vax, prob has something to do with him not being there