The National Football League

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Also....Antonio Brown sucks and should not be at $3.  Should be free.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Also....Antonio Brown sucks and should not be at $3.  Should be free.
    Yeah this is not 2017 Antonio Brown anymore.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited February 2021
    Guess I'm the only one not paying a QB. Lol Nice picks though. I agree, AB is not worth more than those at $2 and $1.
    Post edited by crookedcross on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    JJ Watt to the Cardinals
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Dak deal is fucking nuts.
    When the Cowflops have still not won a Superbowl in 4 years, what then?

@Wobbie - what do you think?
    I look at absurd contracts as compensation for what a player has done and the money he's brought to the franchise vs. a player's future worth. I would say 80% of ridiculous contracts in any sport just end up as really expensive disappointments if you look at it any other way. 
    edited March 2021
    If I take that approach I would hate Dak's contract even more.  He hasn't done anything.  (Sorry @Wobbie, I know he won a Wild Card Game as few years back.  ;))

If I take that approach I would hate Dak's contract even more.  He hasn't done anything.  (Sorry @Wobbie, I know he won a Wild Card Game as few years back.  ;))

In that perspective (winning), yes. He has not. But the hype and the money he and Zeke have brought to that franchise.... $140 mil is probably pocket change compared to what the Cowboys made on that 13-3 season alone.

In that perspective (winning), yes. He has not. But the hype and the money he and Zeke have brought to that franchise.... $140 mil is probably pocket change compared to what the Cowboys made on that 13-3 season alone.
    That makes me want to puke.

But, you may be right, I don't know.

Still - fuck the Cowturds.  ;)

(And, Dak seems to be a really good dude.  Zeke is a bag of garage human being.)
    Just looked it up. Cowboys revenue was at $840mil in 2016. A $140mil jump from the previous year. That was when Dak and Zeke was all you see on TV. 

Dak is real down to earth seems like. Despite all the contract talk, he did not go crying to the media, act like a diva on social media, or had an hour and a half special called "The Decision". I did see a long time ago, a video of him and Jason Garrett playing around throwin balls and JG was more accurate than Dak... by a lot. Lol So there's that. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,283
    and the 7 time sb winner gets 25 mil a year....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Teams are crazy.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,283
    mickeyrat said:
    Teams are crazy.
     Jerry Jones is crazy....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

How can this be real - he is not an active player, is he?
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492

Place him on the all-injury team:

QB - Sam Bradfiord
    RB - Chris Thompson
    WR - Will Fuller (when he's not getting pinched for PEDs)
    WR - Sammy Watkins
    TE - Hunter Henry

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

Hasn't played since 2018, and this is how that season played out for him:

On March 16, 2018, Bradford signed a two-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals worth up to $20 million the first year with $15 million guaranteed with a potential out after 2018.[151] Bradford wore number 9 with the Cardinals, since the number 8 was retired in honor of Hall of Fame safety Larry Wilson.[152] After ineffective performances in the first two games, both blowout losses, Bradford was pulled in favor of rookie Josh Rosen in the final moments of a Week 3 loss to the Chicago Bears.[153] As the Cardinals decided to keep Rosen as their starting quarterback, Bradford was inactive for the next five weeks before ultimately being released on November 3, 2018.[154] Bradford's deal with the Cardinals is considered one of the worst free agent signings of the 2010s

So sounds like its a QB move right up the Eagles' alley.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    So long Mr Brees.  One of the classiest to play the game.
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31065924
    Did the Patriots get their stimulus check? Holy shit, they are spending. 
    edited March 2021
    They had a shit ton of cap space.
    Kind of surprised how much they've spent already.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Poncier said:
    They had a shit ton of cap space.
    Kind of surprised how much they've spent already.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    May not seem like much,  but Browns sign John Johnson from the Rams.  He was ranked #3 safety in the NFL. Good start for the Browns,  but we need LB help.
    So many teams making big moves.

I love the 49ers keeping who they felt they had to keep.
    Trent Williams - largest OL contract.  They had to do this -- for a number of reasons. 
    Jason Verett - injured guy we paid to get healthy, and it paid off last year for us.  Get him without breaking the bank.
    Emmanuel Mosely - another guy we propped up and then played well.  Not a star but a good CB.  Good deal.
    Kyle Juszczyk - largest FB contract.  Overpaid, big time, but I think he would have ended up a Jet had they not.  Anyone who watches the Niners play know he is not a blocker in the traditional FB sense.  He is a part of so many of the schemes that Kyle draws up and not having him would have been a pretty significant step back.
    From outside:
    Samson Ebukam - good deal here, strengthen the DL as a speed rusher to pair with Dee Ford, if he ever gets healthy enough to play.  Could be a dynamite tandem or a decent solo in SE.
    Alex Mack - great fit at Center where we needed someone like him.  Allows who we want to be at G to go back there, Brunskill.

Did not think they would do all of this -- great work and the draft can focus on the best players in areas of need/  (DB, DL, OL, QB)

Hoped they might pop a slot guy or another TE but I think the Pats took everyone available.  :rofl:

If they are not the most injured team in the NFL again next year this team will be very different than 2020. 
    Cream dream is Jalen Hurd being healthy.  Non Niners fans probably don't know this dude, but his potential is off the charts out there lining up in the same passing game as Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk.  Could be answer needed at slot and would be a horrible nightmare for a nickel corner to cover.  Probably will be roadkill, though, he cannot seem to get/stay healthy.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732

Trent Williams - largest OL contract.  They had to do this -- for a number of reasons. 
    Jason Verett - injured guy we paid to get healthy, and it paid off last year for us.  Get him without breaking the bank.
    Emmanuel Mosely - another guy we propped up and then played well.  Not a star but a good CB.  Good deal.
    Kyle Juszczyk - largest FB contract.  Overpaid, big time, but I think he would have ended up a Jet had they not.  Anyone who watches the Niners play know he is not a blocker in the traditional FB sense.  He is a part of so many of the schemes that Kyle draws up and not having him would have been a pretty significant step back.
    From outside:
    Samson Ebukam - good deal here, strengthen the DL as a speed rusher to pair with Dee Ford, if he ever gets healthy enough to play.  Could be a dynamite tandem or a decent solo in SE.
    Alex Mack - great fit at Center where we needed someone like him.  Allows who we want to be at G to go back there, Brunskill.

Did not think they would do all of this -- great work and the draft can focus on the best players in areas of need/  (DB, DL, OL, QB)

Hoped they might pop a slot guy or another TE but I think the Pats took everyone available.  :rofl:

If they are not the most injured team in the NFL again next year this team will be very different than 2020. 
    Cream dream is Jalen Hurd being healthy.  Non Niners fans probably don't know this dude, but his potential is off the charts out there lining up in the same passing game as Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk.  Could be answer needed at slot and would be a horrible nightmare for a nickel corner to cover.  Probably will be roadkill, though, he cannot seem to get/stay healthy.
    Denver resigned Von Miller.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    Alex Mack is a dick, but a very good center.  
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492
    Congrats to the 49ers winning the Trent Williams sweepstakes.  I was holding my breath that KC could sign him, but that is too big of a price considering their cap space and other needs.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Too big a price for anyone but that is what ends up happening with the top player at a desired position in the off-season.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    These Deshawn Watson lawsuits are escalating. The most recent (third) one alleges forced oral sex. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Yeah when its one accusation, you might be able to say it untrue or a misunderstanding or whatever, but now that there's supposedly 6 accusations and 3 lawsuits, much like Handy Andy Cuomo, too much smoke for there not to be any fire.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,432

From outside:

If the Niners can stay healthy (a huge if!), they will be in the hunt for the NFC. They still had the potential to make the playoffs last year with basically a MASH ward roster.