Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    I killed it betting on this game. Won a bunch of bets including....

-There would be a scoreless quarter ($550)
    -Gronk anytime TD scorer
    -AB less than 42 yards 
    -Brady first QB to be sacked 
    -Mahomes over 1.5 INTS 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    I killed it betting on this game. Won a bunch of bets including....

-There would be a scoreless quarter ($550)
    -Gronk anytime TD scorer
    -AB less than 42 yards 
    -Brady first QB to be sacked 
    -Mahomes over 1.5 INTS 

Nice!   
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    Hell yeah. Tom Brady’s the man.  Love seeing him shut up the haters. 

Loved that Super Bowl.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Poncier said:
    Going with Tampa 31 KC 27
    Guess I gave the Chefs too much credit,
    Dominant performance by both TB lines, and KC having a shuffled O-line showed big time.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Dominant performance by both TB lines, and KC having a shuffled O-line showed big time.
    They kept trying to stick to shit that's obviously not going to work. They shutdown TH downfield why keep trying to air it out
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    Tampa is the better team.  Dominant win. 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    They kept trying to stick to shit that's obviously not going to work. They shutdown TH downfield why keep trying to air it out
    Opening drive of 3rd, looked like they made some adjustments to involve the running game, but abandoned it almost immediately.
    Completely out coached and out physicalled all game long.
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    In a game like this, there is no single MVP. Bucs D and O showed up to play, the whole team deserves MVP... Bucs got shit done tonight...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Opening drive of 3rd, looked like they made some adjustments to involve the running game, but abandoned it almost immediately.
    Completely out coached and out physicalled all game long.
    Yup. I mean, I know Reid is the master of sticking it to the opponent's game plan, and 75% of the time it works and drops jaws on the opposite side, but TB had 2 safeties all game. Hill is obviously not gonna smoke anyone. Why not throw under and get downs and march vs trying to get chunks? 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Mmmmm Gronk.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    I think that this is also what sticks with me, the morning after the game.  KC was clearly blocked from what they wanted to do and they did not make a sustained attempt to go in a different direction.  When facing a good offense on the other side sometimes you cannot wait until half.  I get how they got there, though....they win almost all of their games sticking with what is working and letting Magic Patrick make it happen.

Hats off to Bowles and his Defense, and the offense was great.  Great game place, great execution. 

Outstanding game by Tampa.  Did not think they would slap KC around, but they did.

Mahommes is truly spectacular, though.  Just something else.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Mahommes is truly spectacular, though.  Just something else.
    He made a few ridiculous throws from all kinds of contorted positions, falling down etc. that were pretty much right on target, guys were just well covered. But if they play many more games with a make shift O-line like yesterday they'll get him killed before he's 30. 
    Don't know how long Fisher's recovery from the Achilles injury will be, but if he is out longer than 6 months (and if its a rupture he well could be out a year at his size), they need to make a move to shore up the tackle position for next season.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    Tampa did a great job of taking that child abuser out of KC’s offense. KC didn’t have an answer. 

Todd Bowles deserves another HC shot. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    edited February 2021
    Tampa did a great job of taking that child abuser out of KC’s offense. KC didn’t have an answer. 

& Kelce too. Once those two were negated, Mahomes wasn't able to "put his cape on" as Romo said (barf). Tampa had an awesome game plan, and Reid had no answer for it. 

If the salary cap catches up to KC the way some expect it too, this will have been an even bigger lost opportunity than it already seems. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699

& Kelce too. Once those two were negated, Mahomes wasn't able to "put his cape on" as Romo said (barf). Tampa had an awesome game plan, and Reid had no answer for it. 

If the salary cap catches up to KC the way some expect it too, this will have been an even bigger lost opportunity than it already seems. 
    I head this morning that the 29 pressures on Mahomes were the most in NFL SB history.  That's pretty amazing considering some of the great defenses that have won over the years.  The reshuffling of the O line was truly the death knell.  By the second quarter he was getting antsy in the pocket after his first read, it seemed.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I head this morning that the 29 pressures on Mahomes were the most in NFL SB history.  That's pretty amazing considering some of the great defenses that have won over the years.  The reshuffling of the O line was truly the death knell.  By the second quarter he was getting antsy in the pocket after his first read, it seemed.  

It's not unfair to wonder how that game would have been different if Mahomes or more importantly, the O line was 100%, but OTOH, it wasn't just injuries. The game plan, poor execution & lack of discipline killed them as much as anything else. 

TB was far & away the better team last night. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Homie looked hobbled on a few of those scrambles.  

He'll be fine.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    I was pretty confused why Reid/Bienemy didn’t try to help Pat by keeping in an extra blocker or go to a quicker passing game from the start.  Not sure if it would have made a difference considering how well the Bucs offense played.  Great all-around win by Tampa.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Happy for Bruce Arians. Always liked him.  Not surprised Tampa won, but pretty shocked that KC didn't score a TD. Would have never thought that could happen.  

I usually like Tony Romo but thought he was terrible last night. He was like Dan Fouts in the Waterboy. We know Tony it's the Super Bowl.  And his man crush on Brady is pretty embarrassing.

Got to give the NFL some props. Didn't think they would be able to get the season in fully and/or on time. And they did it.  I thought before the season it was going to be really strange without fans but overall I think they pulled it off great.  Thankfully we've had sports during COVID as somewhat of a diversion.  
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Yeah, the NFL actually did a killer job getting everything done.  I had serious doubts going in.  
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    Brady could have a Jordan 98 ending but i guess hes going to keep playing (like MJ eventually did lol).  

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,747
    edited February 2021
    pjhawks said:
    I usually like Tony Romo but thought he was terrible last night. He was like Dan Fouts in the Waterboy. We know Tony it's the Super Bowl.  And his man crush on Brady is pretty embarrassing.
    I don't why some people adore him as a broadcaster. I mean, he's fine. I like his excitement. But some people talk like he's god's gift to NFL broadcasts, and he's not. 

"Jim, I think this Brady guy might have a future in football. Ya think he's pretty good?" 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    I don't why some people adore him as a broadcaster. I mean, he's fine. I like his excitement. But some people talk like he's god's gift to NFL broadcasts, and he's not. 

"Jim, I think this Brady guy might have a future in football. Ya think he's pretty good?" 
    I like it when he calls games and allows me, a regular Joe, see things and breakdown plays through the eyes of a pro quarterback. However, lately I feel like he just talks and have turned into one of those shoot the shit type of broadcasters with corny jokes.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    pjhawks said:

I like it when he calls games and allows me, a regular Joe, see things and breakdown plays through the eyes of a pro quarterback. However, lately I feel like he just talks and have turned into one of those shoot the shit type of broadcasters with corny jokes.
    Yup, when he recognizes how a defense is lining up and tells the viewers in advance what to watch for, it's definitely a nice element that few if any other broadcasters can bring to the table. But it's not enough to offset his shortcomings, of which there is many. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

I agree.  I think he had a bad year.  Almost too casual.  I liked him a lot at first because he had pro insight,  similar to Gruden.  But he has been too loose lately. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:

I agree.  I think he had a bad year.  Almost too casual.  I liked him a lot at first because he had pro insight,  similar to Gruden.  But he has been too loose lately. 
    They try to be characters, and part of the show... like reporters and owners and everyone else, they want to be stars too. 

It takes away from the game, there's no other way to say it. 

EDIT: Of course they are already *part* of the show, I meant to say they play up their roles way bigger than they need to. I'm not watching football to hear the announcers. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Agree on these accounts...."Hello Friends" has been kinda annoying for a while, but Tony's insight and call outs brought a lot to the table.  Now they most make jokes and call a normal game.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Tampa's entire D should have gotten MVP...Hold KC to 3 fg's?,,amazing
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Was amazing.  Now not as amazing as the 2004 Defense. Now that defense was just a killer.  They weren't "bend don't break", they were "don't bend, don't break and let Derrick Brooks destroy people". 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    mrussel1 said:
    Was amazing.  Now not as amazing as the 2004 Defense. Now that defense was just a killer.  They weren't "bend don't break", they were "don't bend, don't break and let Derrick Brooks destroy people". 
    That was the 2002 season. Fuck that team. 
    chinese-happy.jpg