Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Poncier said:
    And now Miami flips #12 and a 2022 first rounder (plus a late round pick swap) to Philly for #6.
    Someone in Miami knows what they are doing.
    Well it's about Goddamn time. 
    Yes, it's been many years since Miami felt like it was a pro franchise. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Poncier said:
    And now Miami flips #12 and a 2022 first rounder (plus a late round pick swap) to Philly for #6.
    Between the Laremy Tunsil trade that fleeced Houston and these 2 moves today, they are making some tremendous moves, now just have to cash the draft picks in on the right players and they could be bona fide contenders for a while.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Between the Laremy Tunsil trade that fleeced Houston and these 2 moves today, they are making some tremendous moves, now just have to cash the draft picks in on the right players and they could be bona fide contenders for a while.
    Hopefully. I've been waiting for 20 years for them to be actual contenders again. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    The 49ers draft just got really interesting! There is no way they moved up to 3 to pick anyone but Jimmy's replacement. Even if they keep him another year, his future is with another team.

I hope they trade down a spot day or two day of draft and rip people based on opportunity for more picks and then choose the monster OL or the TE. 
    I dont like the 2 QBs they likely are targeting moving up that high.  Certainly not giving away 2 firsts to draft either one.

That said...it sure as hell did get interesting in a hurry!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The 49ers draft just got really interesting! There is no way they moved up to 3 to pick anyone but Jimmy's replacement. Even if they keep him another year, his future is with another team.

I hope they trade down a spot day or two day of draft and rip people based on opportunity for more picks and then choose the monster OL or the TE. 
    I dont like the 2 QBs they likely are targeting moving up that high.  Certainly not giving away 2 firsts to draft either one.

Who are they targeting? 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    mrussel1 said:

Who are they targeting? 

Without knowing for sure, the consensus seems to be BYU and OSU QBs are the next two off the board after Clemson.
    If they wanted to get into the top 5 I would think that is where they wanted to go.  Think they could have targeted 6 and Eagles to get up for North Dakota QB.

We will see.

Crazy.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Who are they targeting? 

Without knowing for sure, the consensus seems to be BYU and OSU QBs are the next two off the board after Clemson.
    If they wanted to get into the top 5 I would think that is where they wanted to go.  Think they could have targeted 6 and Eagles to get up for North Dakota QB.

We will see.

Crazy.
    I'm a Justin Fields fan.  I think he will be very good.  Big, strong, fast, accurate, can make all the throws and scramble easily for a first down.  Offense is pro style too, at least the passing game.  Struggles when he's forced to be one dimensional against great teams, but who doesn't.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Who are they targeting? 

We will see.

Crazy.
    I'm a Justin Fields fan.  I think he will be very good.  Big, strong, fast, accurate, can make all the throws and scramble easily for a first down.  Offense is pro style too, at least the passing game.  Struggles when he's forced to be one dimensional against great teams, but who doesn't.  

I think he may be good but have some questions....when it comes to trading away the next 2 #1 picks for the right to pick him.
    For me, that has to be a no brainer, slam dunk, kind of guy.

We will see.  Front office has made very good moves in recent years so I can trust them to take us to the right spot.
    (Until it goes wrong...then I piss and moan about it.)
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503

I need to read up on Fields and Lance. Since they were drafting at 12, I was figuring an OL or CB, not QB . I really think Kyle's offense works better when you have a QB that can extend plays with his legs and move a little in the pocket to avoid sacks. From what I can see, Jones doesn't do either all that well. 
  • Options
    Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins were great on his offense and they are not runners.  I think dude is smart enough to adapt to his QB.  
    Our qb is almost never in the game, that is the biggest issue.  :lol:

• Options
    Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins were great on his offense and they are not runners.  I think dude is smart enough to adapt to his QB.  

True. If Jimmy could stay healthy I don’t think they would even be considering something like this. In better news CJ Beathard is signing with Jacksonville!
  • Options

True. If Jimmy could stay healthy I don’t think they would even be considering something like this. In better news CJ Beathard is signing with Jacksonville!
    Did you see how much they paid him?
    Unfuckingbelievable
  • Options
    2 years $5 million. Back up money, but his play for SF deserved practice squad money. 
  • Options
    2 years $5 million. Back up money, but his play for SF deserved practice squad money. 
    He's a one half qb.  
    Practice squad is a lot for him.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Who are they targeting? 

We will see.

Crazy.
    Chris Simms seems to think Shanahan wants Mac Jones.
    If he traded up to #3 to get Jones he's the village idiot.

Chris Simms Has Bold Prediction For 49ers Draft Pick At No. 3 (thespun.com)
  • Options
    Agree.  There is no way they are taking Jones.
    Unless they take a trade back and trade Jimmy G and add the picks back. 
    Chris's Simms is incorrect.  (I hope!)
  • Options
    I really think it will be Fields, unless somehow Wilson slides to 3. 
  • Options
    I really think it will be Fields, unless somehow Wilson slides to 3. 
    I think Fields is better than Wilson.  I think mobility is huge in today's game. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    17 games
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    igotid88 said:
    17 games
    don't like it

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Who the hell wants one more game added to the schedule?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The owners.. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    mrussel1 said:
    The owners.. 
    And the players?
  • Options
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The owners.. 
    And the players?
    I wouldn't think so.  Doesn't their same salary get divided between 17 games now,

Did they cut a preseason?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    mrussel1 said:
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The owners.. 
    And the players?
    I wouldn't think so.  Doesn't their same salary get divided between 17 games now,

I would think the players who aren't getting paid super-star money would go for 17 games. 

I'm not sure how it gets divided, but you'd have to think the money would trickle down to them , if not this Season, then soon after.

Yes, 3 pre-season games. That was Goodell's reasoning for going to 17 games since they're are still only playing 20 games. 

Personally, I wish they stick to 16 games and only play 2 pre-season games. But, as we know, MONEY  rules.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    mrussel1 said:
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The owners.. 
    And the players?

Players get 20% increase in salary for the 17th game.

Pensions for players increased.

Healthcare for players increased.

Off season practices decreased.

New TV deal is going to make the NFL very, very rich.

These are some of the plus marks for the players.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    mrussel1 said:
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The owners.. 
    And the players?

How does the healthcare increase? 

& the new TV deal is great for the the owners, but the salary cap won't be going up for at least two years.. players won't see that money until the 2023 season at best... that's not a huge sell for players in a league where every next play could be your last. 
  • Options
    On a selfish note, the added game for the 49ers is in Cincinnati. It is only a 4 hour drive from here, so we are going. My wife grew up in Southern Indiana about an hour from Cincinnati, so she likes the Bengals. There could be some friendly wagering going on for that game. 
  • Options
    I always thought the schedule and current division alignment was perfect.
    16 games, for 32 teams in 8 divisions. Math was easy, you see each division from the other conference once every 4 years, you see each division within your conference every 3 years.
    From a math standpoint, it worked out great.
    Don't see the need for a 17th game, but come January I'll be watching.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    mrussel1 said:
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The owners.. 
    And the players?

How does the healthcare increase? 

& the new TV deal is great for the the owners, but the salary cap won't be going up for at least two years.. players won't see that money until the 2023 season at best... that's not a huge sell for players in a league where every next play could be your last. 
    They get the raise when they play that 17th game, not sure when that is getting implemented.

The healthcare increase is better towards the retired players.  Their coverage/access is better from what I've read, it's like getting the "Cadillac" healthcare plan.