The National Football League

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    mrussel1 said:
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Who the hell wants one more game added to the schedule?
    The owners.. 
    And the players?
    I wouldn't think so.  Doesn't their same salary get divided between 17 games now,

Did they cut a preseason?
    Yeah it's down to three preseason games now.

I'm fine with the 17th game. It's more football. The NFL is really just a TV show that I watch every week. So I'll take an extra episode. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    Im not a fan of the 17th game.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Poncier said:
    I always thought the schedule and current division alignment was perfect.
    16 games, for 32 teams in 8 divisions. Math was easy, you see each division from the other conference once every 4 years, you see each division within your conference every 3 years.
    From a math standpoint, it worked out great.
    Don't see the need for a 17th game, but come January I'll be watching.
    I agree. Everything was perfect until they added the additional playoff teams last year. And they're fucking it up even more this year.

In my opinion, the quality of play has decreased pretty significantly since the last CBA which limited offseason workouts and the amount of hitting allowed in camp and during practices in the season. On top of that are all the rule changes of the last 5-8 years or so. These changes are supposedly to make players safe, but it's really bullshit since they make every team play a Thursday game on a ridiculously short term around time which leaves little time to recover from injuries and just the wear and tear of the previous game. Now this extra game, and the elimination of one preseason game is just another ever further watered down version of what the sport used to be. 

It is all money, obviously. This will never happen, but I would like to see them ease up on some of the rule changes, eliminate the Thursday game, keep the 16 game schedule along with the previous playoff format (which was perfection), get rid of two preseason games but encourage more teams to hold joint practices and scrimmages with other teams (I think these are really useful), and go back to allowing more offseason workouts and hitting in camps.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    Poncier said:
    16 games, for 32 teams in 8 divisions. Math was easy, you see each division from the other conference once every 4 years, you see each division within your conference every 3 years.
    I agree. Everything was perfect until they added the additional playoff teams last year. And they're fucking it up even more this year.

In my opinion, the quality of play has decreased pretty significantly since the last CBA which limited offseason workouts and the amount of hitting allowed in camp and during practices in the season. On top of that are all the rule changes of the last 5-8 years or so. These changes are supposedly to make players safe, but it's really bullshit since they make every team play a Thursday game on a ridiculously short term around time which leaves little time to recover from injuries and just the wear and tear of the previous game. Now this extra game, and the elimination of one preseason game is just another ever further watered down version of what the sport used to be. 

It is all money, obviously. This will never happen, but I would like to see them ease up on some of the rule changes, eliminate the Thursday game, keep the 16 game schedule along with the previous playoff format (which was perfection), get rid of two preseason games but encourage more teams to hold joint practices and scrimmages with other teams (I think these are really useful), and go back to allowing more offseason workouts and hitting in camps.
    The Thursday game might work out better now for scheduling with a 17th game.  There should be a way now to make a team have a by week after or before a Thursday game.

I don't think I have ever saw a competitive Thursday game that I enjoyed watching...
    Poncier said:

The Thursday game might work out better now for scheduling with a 17th game.  There should be a way now to make a team have a by week after or before a Thursday game.

I don't think I have ever saw a competitive Thursday game that I enjoyed watching...
    I guess. But it's also over saturation to me. I think all Thursday games will only be Amazon Prime this year too. That's stupid. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    Poncier said:

I guess. But it's also over saturation to me. I think all Thursday games will only be Amazon Prime this year too. That's stupid. 
    I like the expanded playoff pool.  More the better. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    I love the Thursday games to be honest.  I like how the NFL weekend begins Thursday night.  always have since that started.

I do wish that they went with an extra bye week, and starting a week earlier as opposed to a 17th game.  I think that would help the overall health and level of play, it would expand the regular season by a week.  They would also be able to schedule the Thursday games in conjunction with byes.  

I like the symmetry of the 16 game season (6-10, 5-11, whatever).  I liked how the schedule was balanced for now (although I have been on board for a realignment to shake things up tbh).
    Does any other sport have an odd number of games? Seems a little unfair for half the league to have an extra home game. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    Does any other sport have an odd number of games? Seems a little unfair for half the league to have an extra home game. 
    My guess is this is like having something priced at 4.99, you can always raise it.

They fully expect to go to an 18 game schedule in the future, just my theory.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Poncier said:

Agree with pretty much all of this.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    Yeah that's strange.  They should have just made it 18 games with 2 preseason and 2 bye weeks since I'm sure that's where this will end up eventually.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,412
    Poncier said:

How do you feel about Mexico City and London getting franchise expansion teams?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Poncier said:

Take a guess!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

Take a guess!
    I think the SillyNannies will be tough in the trenches. 

mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

Take a guess!
    I think the SillyNannies will be tough in the trenches. 

The London Blitz and Mexico City Lucha Libres coming soon to an arena near you. Maybe the Berlin Walls and Prague Kings as well.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    All the teams playing in Atlanta can forfeit their games, give them the “win” and be fine. And not have to play 17. There you go. Fuck Georgia.

Brilliantati©
    Add to the above those other states, you know the ones, like Tejas, Michigan, Wisconsin? Maybe PA? Maybe AZ? Maybe, just maybe, all the states that have an NFL team, WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!! 

Brilliantati©
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Carolina stole Darnold.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Carolina stole Darnold.  
    A 6th this year then a 2nd and 4th in 2022, one might say the Jets fleeced the Panthers.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Carolina stole Darnold.  
    A 6th this year then a 2nd and 4th in 2022, one might say the Jets fleeced the Panthers.
    Time will tell.  I'm a Darnold homer and biased but I think he is going to be very good.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
    edited April 2021
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Edelman just retired. Which means he's gonna try out being an analyst for two weeks then go to Tampa Bay

Edelman just retired. Which means he's gonna try out being an analyst for two weeks then go to Tampa Bay

hahahaha
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    Give him some TB12 oil and an Allegiant flight to Tampa

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Do they serve avocado ice cream on Allegiant?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    So glad the truth came out of the Aaron Donald case. Too many scumbags get away with bending the truth for publicity and a huge payday 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492
    Major props to Alex Smith able to go out on his own terms.  From what I heard, Urban Meyer was trying to recruit him to Jax, but Alex has chosen to step away from the game.  Incredible comeback, and I greatly appreciate what he did for the Kansas City Chiefs when they were fortunate to have him as their QB.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    They're not serious with this are they?

I think that's in poor taste.  A guilty verdict brings no one back. 
    Raiders always have the be the clowns