Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    Jesus. The lawyer representing those women against Watson just said they have 12 women sign contracts with the firm to sue, and there's like 10 more they're talking to. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    edited March 2021
    The 49ers just updated their trade offer for Watson from Bosa and 3 #1 draft picks to this:
    Houston sends Watson to SF
    Houston pays his entire salary
    SF sends Houston nothing

:lol:  

edit -- I don't want Watson on any team I root for unless he is completely cleared of this stuff.  Dude went from having a great image to being toxic in a week.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Jesus. The lawyer representing those women against Watson just said they have 12 women sign contracts with the firm to sue, and there's like 10 more they're talking to. 
    The whole thing is crazy.
    I mean if there's legit 20+ cases, how did none of it come out before and it all comes out at once.
    Hell of a talent, possibly going to complete waste.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    The 49ers just updated their trade offer for Watson from Bosa and 3 #1 draft picks to this:
    SF sends Houston nothing

edit -- I don't want Watson on any team I root for unless he is completely cleared of this stuff.  Dude went from having a great image to being toxic in a week.
    I mean I've enjoyed the conspiracies that this is all planted by Houston. But the logical side of that is it sounds like they're willing to trade him. If that's the case why hurt your return then? It's silly.
  • Options
    Yeah no way the Texans would plant this...it takes his value from 4 first rounders to a bag of kicking tees.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    If Houston wasn’t such a dumpster fire I would totally out this past them but with Watson willing to sit out it totally makes since to make him worthless to every other team and introduce a situation where they could likely void his contract. 
  • Options
    If so, its Jack Easterby who's behind it for sure.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    Poncier said:
    Yeah when its one accusation, you might be able to say it untrue or a misunderstanding or whatever, but now that there's supposedly 6 accusations and 3 lawsuits, much like Handy Andy Cuomo, too much smoke for there not to be any fire.
    I think it’s like 16 lawsuits now. Dude thought he was entitled to a happy ending with every massage.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Poncier said:
    If so, its Jack Easterby who's behind it for sure.
    Easterby’s a weirdo, but I simply can’t believe a team would set up a player like this. The risk vs reward doesn’t favor the franchise if the truth was ever exposed. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    SF sends Houston nothing

When Watson was available in the draft and the 49ers decided that Brian Hoyer at QB and picking Soloman Thomas in the first round was the better option, it blew me away. I was intrigued by the idea of getting Watson now, but not by trading away too much. Now, I think they would be crazy to trade for him until all of this gets figured out.   
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Yeah before this happened I would have loved (loved!) to have Watson on the team, although I didn't like the idea of what it might take to get him.
    Now, he is ☢️ until this shit is ironed out.  I don't see how he comes out of any of this looking like he isn't a freak who is way out of line with women, at best, and at worst a rapist, or somewhere in between.
  • Options
    Yeah before this happened I would have loved (loved!) to have Watson on the team, although I didn't like the idea of what it might take to get him.
    Now, he is ☢️ until this shit is ironed out.  I don't see how he comes out of any of this looking like he isn't a freak who is way out of line with women, at best, and at worst a rapist, or somewhere in between.
    I am a big Jimmy G fan and think if he stays healthy, they have to be considered a contender in the NFC. However, based on his injury history it is a capital I and a capital F.
  • Options
    I think he is a totally average qh without blocking.  If he has blocking he is well above average, just outside the group of elite guys.

When pressured he throws picks.  
  • Options
    I think he is a totally average qh without blocking.  If he has blocking he is well above average, just outside the group of elite guys.

The other throws that could be picks but are dropped will make your heart stop too. I am a big fan of when in doubt, chuck it to a cheerleader and move onto the next play. 
  • Options

The other throws that could be picks but are dropped will make your heart stop too. I am a big fan of when in doubt, chuck it to a cheerleader and move onto the next play. 

We are in agreement on most things 49ers, it would seem!
  • Options

We are in agreement on most things 49ers, it would seem!
    Seems so. I grew up in the Bay Area and the first memory I have of watching them was Jim Plunkett being the QB. I would have been still been in elementary school at the time. Yes, I am old.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627

Honestly,  isn't this the case for everyone?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    mrussel1 said:

In the most broad sense of the statement, perhaps.  I can see that. 
    However, there are top level QBs that can still make things work with pressure. 
    JimmyG is not one of those, he panics and throws into coverage.  (I'm also not talking about people hitting him and pulling on him -- more, just the pocket being tight/collapsing.) 

With blocking there are still many QBs that make idiotic reads, under or over throw receivers with regularity.  QBs that throw inexplicable picks. JimmyG would not be one of those guys.   He would be rock solid, money man, if that was the case more of the time. 

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah that's one cliche that I always laugh at when an "analyst" says, he's a different quarterback when he has pressure in his face.  No shit...I can vouch for Patrick Mahomes, see Super Bowl 55.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

JimmyG is not one of those, he panics and throws into coverage.  (I'm also not talking about people hitting him and pulling on him -- more, just the pocket being tight/collapsing.) 

With blocking there are still many QBs that make idiotic reads, under or over throw receivers with regularity.  QBs that throw inexplicable picks. JimmyG would not be one of those guys.   He would be rock solid, money man, if that was the case more of the time. 

I agree some are better than others,  but no one is good without a good line. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Tom Brady and Big Ben both played well behind many poor OLs.  
    You are nitpicking an opinion I shared on JimmyG, who I've watched pretty much every game he has played for the Niners.  
    Have you?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You are nitpicking an opinion I shared on JimmyG, who I've watched pretty much every game he has played for the Niners.  
    Have you?
    I'm not nitpicking your analysis of Jimmy G.  I have no opinion of him.  I know Baker looked like shit when our line was shit, but this past year we had one of the best lines in football and suddenly he is the second coming of Bernie Kosar.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Have you?
    I'm not nitpicking your analysis of Jimmy G.  I have no opinion of him.  I know Baker looked like shit when our line was shit, but this past year we had one of the best lines in football and suddenly he is the second coming of Bernie Kosar.  

OK.  I stand behind my opinion.

I don't know much about Baker, except that I dislike his commercials and he cannot outrun cops when he is hammered, like most of us.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Regarding the Watson stuff....I guess I am not following very closely, but why would these women not go to the police first?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    Regarding the Watson stuff....I guess I am not following very closely, but why would these women not go to the police first?

$$$$$$
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    49ers just gave a shit ton to the Dolphins to move from 12 to 3, obviously targeting a QB.
    Belichick's master plan to get Jimmy G back is proceeding just as he has foreseen.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Poncier said:
    49ers just gave a shit ton to the Dolphins to move from 12 to 3, obviously targeting a QB.
    Belichick's master plan to get Jimmy G back is proceeding just as he has foreseen.

:D 
  • Options
    And now Miami flips #12 and a 2022 first rounder (plus a late round pick swap) to Philly for #6.
    Someone in Miami knows what they are doing.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    Poncier said:
    And now Miami flips #12 and a 2022 first rounder (plus a late round pick swap) to Philly for #6.
    Someone in Miami knows what they are doing.
    Well it's about Goddamn time. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The 49ers draft just got really interesting! There is no way they moved up to 3 to pick anyone but Jimmy's replacement. Even if they keep him another year, his future is with another team.