The National Football League

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    igotid88 wrote: »
    Denver had all the pieces. But they didn't play to their potential on Sunday. Their pro bowlers looked like rookies. The offensive play calling wasn't good.

That game on Sunday is more on Manning than the play calling. He was way off all day.

Yes, if Manning had been able to hit some of those open receivers deep the game would have been very different. But the coaches also needed to know what he was and wasn't able to do. If he had been unable to complete those passes in practice they should have never been called during the game.

With Manning though you never know who called the play. He may have audibled into those throws.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    pjhawks wrote: »
    ah good ole Juggler. only he could say something can't be done even after it was done. respect the stubbornness though big guy. probably doesn't think we can land a man on the moon even though we already did it :))

ous.

Sorry pal. Your dream of teams throwing the ball 80% of the time, consistently, will never, ever happen. Occasionally if the defense proves they cannot stop something, the other team should exploit it to death like the Pats did in the second half on Saturday. When you have one of the best qbs to ever play the game going up against a makeshift secondary, this becomes easier to do. Unfortunately most teams don't have one of the best qb's to ever play the game going up against that kind of a secondary, which is one of the reasons this hardly happens--case in point, every other playoff game thus far this year. Exceptions to rules, tend to happen sometimes.

Folks, keep in mind, this is a guy who wanted to throw the ball 80% of the time with one, Michael Vick under center. Completely idiotic.

ah never let the facts get in the way of a rant. never once did i say the Eagles with Michael Vick should throw the ball 80% of the time. i said my ideal offense, under today's passing rules, would throw that ball that much.

repeat ZERO rushes in a half but you have to run because the d would tee off on your quarterback haha too fucking funny

Fella, did you see any other team not run the ball once in a half yesterday, Saturday, or in any of the 4 games last week? You saw a hall of fame quarterback do that against a banged up secondary who was unable to stop him. I don't know what your point is. Do you think this is the ideal way to win football games? By not running the ball once? Go peak your head into the Patriots thread and ask them if that is a consistent recipe for success. Go ask any Cowboy fan how their newfound reliance on their running game got them to 12 wins, and a playoff win after years of an out of whack run/pass ratio netted them nothing but mediocre football.

There have been 16 halves of football played this post season. 15 of them featured mostly balanced run/pass ratios (60-40% or so). You see one that doesn't (with a hall of fame qb and a banged up secondary) and you somehow think that proves something. hahaha

And yeah, you wanted Reid to throw the ball over 40 times a game with Mike Vick. Thus, the genesis of this stupid argument that you bring up over and over again. Idiocy. This isn't arena football.

i guess i shouldn't expect the guy who a few years ago said the Pats were winning because of Steven Ridley running the football and not because they had Tom Brady as their QB to fully grasp the concept that a pass by Tom Brady is always better for the Pats and worse for the defense. always.

throwing the ball 80% of the time will never win you anything other than an arena bowl championship. beat it with this nonsense.

except a playoff game against a really good defensive team just last week . ah so much for facts

You keep harping on this 1 game as your argument. Please list all the other examples where teams throwing 80% of the time has been a success.

when someone insists something can't be done and it's done, even just 1 time, then said someone was wrong. not a hard concept to understand.

either way i'm just having a little fun...so lighten up :D

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    edited January 2015
    ah good ole Juggler. only he could say something can't be done even after it was done. respect the stubbornness though big guy. probably doesn't think we can land a man on the moon even though we already did it :))

ous.

Sorry pal. Your dream of teams throwing the ball 80% of the time, consistently, will never, ever happen. Occasionally if the defense proves they cannot stop something, the other team should exploit it to death like the Pats did in the second half on Saturday. When you have one of the best qbs to ever play the game going up against a makeshift secondary, this becomes easier to do. Unfortunately most teams don't have one of the best qb's to ever play the game going up against that kind of a secondary, which is one of the reasons this hardly happens--case in point, every other playoff game thus far this year. Exceptions to rules, tend to happen sometimes.

Folks, keep in mind, this is a guy who wanted to throw the ball 80% of the time with one, Michael Vick under center. Completely idiotic.

ah never let the facts get in the way of a rant. never once did i say the Eagles with Michael Vick should throw the ball 80% of the time. i said my ideal offense, under today's passing rules, would throw that ball that much.

repeat ZERO rushes in a half but you have to run because the d would tee off on your quarterback haha too fucking funny

Fella, did you see any other team not run the ball once in a half yesterday, Saturday, or in any of the 4 games last week? You saw a hall of fame quarterback do that against a banged up secondary who was unable to stop him. I don't know what your point is. Do you think this is the ideal way to win football games? By not running the ball once? Go peak your head into the Patriots thread and ask them if that is a consistent recipe for success. Go ask any Cowboy fan how their newfound reliance on their running game got them to 12 wins, and a playoff win after years of an out of whack run/pass ratio netted them nothing but mediocre football.

There have been 16 halves of football played this post season. 15 of them featured mostly balanced run/pass ratios (60-40% or so). You see one that doesn't (with a hall of fame qb and a banged up secondary) and you somehow think that proves something. hahaha

And yeah, you wanted Reid to throw the ball over 40 times a game with Mike Vick. Thus, the genesis of this stupid argument that you bring up over and over again. Idiocy. This isn't arena football.

i guess i shouldn't expect the guy who a few years ago said the Pats were winning because of Steven Ridley running the football and not because they had Tom Brady as their QB to fully grasp the concept that a pass by Tom Brady is always better for the Pats and worse for the defense. always.

throwing the ball 80% of the time will never win you anything other than an arena bowl championship. beat it with this nonsense.

except a playoff game against a really good defensive team just last week . ah so much for facts

You keep harping on this 1 game as your argument. Please list all the other examples where teams throwing 80% of the time has been a success.

when someone insists something can't be done and it's done, even just 1 time, then said someone was wrong. not a hard concept to understand.

either way i'm just having a little fun...so lighten up :D

It's something that has not and will never be done consistently in this league. There are exceptions to every rule, though. And the second half on Saturday, featuring a hall of fame qb, down 14 points, against a banged up secondary qualifies as your exception. Every other half of football this post season constitutes the rule.

And I had no idea you were kidding because it's the same argument you've tried to make for years and you seemed pretty serious about it as usual!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Elway starts his press conference by thanking himself. Slip of the tongue, sure, but still...he's a jackass.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    edited January 2015
    B7P4pbjCEAI7x1r.jpg
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The entire Denver Bronco organization and fanbase has forgotten the past when Homer Simpson was disappointed when Hank Scorpio gave him the franchise. I think they shall find out very soon that history repeats and they shall find out that maybe winning 12-14 games a year was actually a pretty good thing to experience. A Bronco website put up a poll if they wanted Manning back next year and 58% said no.

I hope he doesn't come back.

Denver_Broncos.png
  • Ouch
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Jason P wrote: »
    The entire Denver Bronco organization and fanbase has forgotten the past when Homer Simpson was disappointed when Hank Scorpio gave him the franchise. I think they shall find out very soon that history repeats and they shall find out that maybe winning 12-14 games a year was actually a pretty good thing to experience. A Bronco website put up a poll if they wanted Manning back next year and 58% said no.

I hope he doesn't come back and they understand that there are about ten people in the world that are competent enough to properly run a NFL offense.

Denver_Broncos.png

fucking quote feature ... :-?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,620
    A Bronco website put up a poll if they wanted Manning back next year and 58% said no.
    Tebow needs work.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote: »
    A Bronco website put up a poll if they wanted Manning back next year and 58% said no.
    Tebow needs work.

RELEASE THE TEBOW!!!

I would love to see him and Johnny Football fight for the starting job in Cleveland. :)
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    It's unbelievable that people in Denver wouldn't want manning. Go to buffalo Peyton. You'd be welcome with open arms.
    This will be the first time ever that Rex Ryan has coached a team in the state of New York.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,620
    If Peyton gets cut by Denver, Houston will snatch him up in a hot minute.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    If Peyton wants to come back I think Denver brings him back. They may be trying to convince him he doesn't want to come back.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/could-peyton-play-elsewhere-in-2015/
    So what happens if Manning and the Broncos decide not to continue together but Manning decides to keep playing? Here’s a quick look at the teams that could be/should be interested, with the pros and cons for each location.

1. The Bills.

Pros: Potential championship-caliber defense, receiver Sammy Watkins, Rex Ryan at coach, deep-pocketed ownership that seems to be committed to winning, passionate fan base.

Cons: Direct competition with the Patriots and Tom Brady, possibly multiple bad-weather home games.
    Those cons are pretty big ones if you are Peyton Manning.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    Didn't John Fox have a heart attack or something last year? The guy's been going at this non stop for a long time. I'd take some time off if I were him.
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    MayDay10 wrote: »
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/could-peyton-play-elsewhere-in-2015/
    So what happens if Manning and the Broncos decide not to continue together but Manning decides to keep playing? Here’s a quick look at the teams that could be/should be interested, with the pros and cons for each location.

1. The Bills.

Pros: Potential championship-caliber defense, receiver Sammy Watkins, Rex Ryan at coach, deep-pocketed ownership that seems to be committed to winning, passionate fan base.

Cons: Direct competition with the Patriots and Tom Brady, possibly multiple bad-weather home games.

Peyton has 9 "1 and done" playoff appearances.

1999 - #2 Seed. Lost to Tennessee, 19-16
    2000 - #6 Seed. Lost to Miami, 23-17 (OT)
    2002 - #5 Seed. Lost to NY Jets, 41-0
    2005 - #3 Seed. Lost to Pittsburgh, 21-18
    2007 - #2 Seed. Lost to San Diego, 28-24
    2008 - #5 Seed. Lost to San Diego, 23-17 (OT)
    2010 - #3 Seed. Lost to NY Jets, 17-16
    2012 - #1 Seed. Lost to Baltimore, 38-35 (2OT)
    2014 - #2 Seed. Lost to Indianapolis, 24-13

2006 - Super Bowl Champions - Defeated the Chicago Bears
    2009 - Super Bowl - Lost to New Orleans
    2013 - Super Bowl - Lost to Seattle

With a better defense in certain years, Manning's post-season record would look quite different.

Great QB but has not had great success in the playoffs. T Brady I think needs this championship run to be successful to be in that class of greatest QBs.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• If Brady and the Patriots can do what Manning and the Broncos could not do last year and defeat the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, I think that would seal Brady's legacy.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Brady and Manning secured their legacies many moons ago. It's just plain crazy talk to suggest otherwise. They are two of the greatest QB's we will ever have the privilege to watch play the game.

Also .... Weeeeeee!

tom-brady-waterslide.jpeg
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Brady and Manning secured their legacies many moons ago. It's just plain crazy talk to suggest otherwise. They are two of the greatest QB's we will ever have the privilege to watch play the game.

Also .... Weeeeeee!

tom-brady-waterslide.jpeg

I agree 100%. Not so much with the slide though.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I'm tired of the "poor Peyton didn't have a good defense". Every team, every year has to deal with one facet of the team not being as good as another part. McNabb never had any WR's, blah blah blah. Brady for a while didn't have the best WR's. Peyton has always had a legit #1 WR so cry me a freaking river. One of the best ever, of course he is but stop with the excuses.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote: »
    I'm tired of the "poor Peyton didn't have a good defense". Every team, every year has to deal with one facet of the team not being as good as another part. McNabb never had any WR's, blah blah blah. Brady for a while didn't have the best WR's. Peyton has always had a legit #1 WR so cry me a freaking river. One of the best ever, of course he is but stop with the excuses.

Yep. Definitely one of the best ever, but you can't ignore his failures in the postseason. Plus, the only Super Bowl he won was handed to him on a silver platter by Rex fucking Grossman. I still have nightmares about that game.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170

From 538.com, ranking of QBs by value over expected in the playoffs.

silver-qbs-table-2.png?w=1024

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

JK_Livin wrote: »
    Exhibit #1 .... 2 -14

curtis-painter.jpg

Exhibit #2 .... 11 - 5

matt-cassel.jpg
  • Both missed the playoffs in those seasons, lol.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    11-5 with Cassel, despite missing the playoffs, remains a feather in Belichick's cap.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    edited January 2015
    9 times is a pattern. Ask Ferris Bueller.

If Peyton wants all the praise when he wins, he has to take the blame when he loses. The D played well enough to win last Sunday. He sucked.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    quote="JK_Livin;5729527"]9 times is a pattern. Ask Ferris Bueller.

If Peyton wants all the praise when he wins, he has to take the blame when he loses. The D played well enough to win last Sunday. He sucked.[/quote]

tumblr_lp6fjpCRo81qz4yoao1_500.gif