The National Football League

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    haha
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    The nine one-and-done performances are a permanent part of Peyton's record. No doubt about that. They only really matter though when comparing him to other greats. The guy accomplished a lot on the football field that is not undone by a lack of more playoff success. And at the end of the day, three Super Bowl appearances and one win aren't too shabby. The list of QBs who played in three is short. The list of QBs who made it there with two separate franchises is even shorter.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Denver's defense played like shit. TY Hilton made Talib look like a hobo. And their fearsome pass rush couldn't get one sack on an offensive line that has been re-shuffled 148 times this season.
    Sorry, Peyton is the greatest playoff losing QB with an awful defense ever. Losers blame other people for their own faults.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I'm just acknowledging facts
    Jason P wrote: »
    I'm just acknowledging facts

Some of them
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,041
    edited January 2015
    Denver's defense played like shit. TY Hilton made Talib look like a hobo. And their fearsome pass rush couldn't get one sack on an offensive line that has been re-shuffled 148 times this season.

One of the year's great new equations.

TY Hilton + Aqib Talib = Aqib Talib Turning Into A Hobo

0.jpg
    +
    500x305-20121120-talib.jpg

=

hobo-28753.jpg
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    JimmyV wrote: »
    The nine one-and-done performances are a permanent part of Peyton's record. No doubt about that. They only really matter though when comparing him to other greats. The guy accomplished a lot on the football field that is not undone by a lack of more playoff success. And at the end of the day, three Super Bowl appearances and one win aren't too shabby. The list of QBs who played in three is short. The list of QBs who made it there with two separate franchises is even shorter.

I said it before, Peyton will be remembered for revolutionizing not only the qb position, but for revolutionizing how the game is played. Him winning one out of three SBs will ultimately be his legacy. Not for 9 one and dones. Look at the braves of the 90's. Something like 13 straight divisional championships and ony one WS win. What do they say about them? That they were a dynasy. If Peyton would retire today, the bitterness of losing in the playoffs would be overshadowed by the praise and admiration.
    Valar morghulis ...
  • Jason P wrote: »
    Valar morghulis ...

funny-sports-pictures-the-starks-prepare-for-the-start-of-the-season-song-of-ice-and-fire-nfl-football.jpg

130305235424-si-thrones-map-single-image-cut.jpg
    :P
  • Does anyone know when the 2015 NFL season starts? What day? Thanks!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

It is always the first Thursday night after Labor Day. That falls Sept 10th this year. Late start.

It is always the first Thursday night after Labor Day. That falls Sept 10th this year. Late start.

Right on, thank you.
    The worst part of the super bowl is knowing there will be no more football until week one. The best part of preseason football is nothing. I hate it. I need a break from fantasy football anyway. I had 13 friggin teams. That reminds me, I have 8 fantasy baseball teams that I need to start prepping for.
  • The worst part of the super bowl is knowing there will be no more football until week one. The best part of preseason football is nothing. I hate it. I need a break from fantasy football anyway. I had 13 friggin teams. That reminds me, I have 8 fantasy baseball teams that I need to start prepping for.

7 months without football. Just awful.
  • The worst part of the super bowl is knowing there will be no more football until week one. The best part of preseason football is nothing. I hate it. I need a break from fantasy football anyway. I had 13 friggin teams. That reminds me, I have 8 fantasy baseball teams that I need to start prepping for.

Wow that is fucking nuts.
    Doesn't having 13 NFL Fantasy teams mean that you are rooting for/against team every game?
    That you would love the score to be 99-89 every game?

My wife's cousin is a total dickbag and is broke...but has enough money to play fucking fan duel or draft kings or one of those sites and the shitbird was rooting for so many players the first weekend that he couldn't properly explain to me who his money was on. I was disgusted and wanted to punch him in his face.
    (Perhaps that is always true when I am around him; his is that kind of guy.)
  • ^^ BTW, I hate gambling guy who is in debt or is too broke to buy his kids what they need. (This is my wife's cousin) Asshole!
  • Almost sounds like my cousin.
    The worst part of the super bowl is knowing there will be no more football until week one. The best part of preseason football is nothing. I hate it. I need a break from fantasy football anyway. I had 13 friggin teams. That reminds me, I have 8 fantasy baseball teams that I need to start prepping for.

Doesn't having 13 NFL Fantasy teams mean that you are rooting for/against team every game?

My wife's cousin is a total dickbag and is broke...but has enough money to play fucking fan duel or draft kings or one of those sites and the shitbird was rooting for so many players the first weekend that he couldn't properly explain to me who his money was on. I was disgusted and wanted to punch him in his face.

Of those 13, only 4 are money leagues. 8 of them are dynasty leagues. The others are restart leagues. I like the drafts. Most of my teams have relatively similar rosters. I will be cutting back next year. The draft schedules were insane this year.

I put $20 in fan dual this year for the first time. That 20 lasted me about 5 weeks. I mostly played the $2-$5 games. I can see where those sites can cause people to go overboard. Kind of like online poker.
    Man Who Spent 300 Hours Playing Fantasy Football This Year Rewarded With $30 Second-Place Payout

ALBANY, NY—Having barely lost in the championship game against his former college roommate, local 28-year-old Tim Beaumont, a man who spent roughly 300 hours playing fantasy football this year, was reportedly rewarded for his efforts Tuesday with a $30 second-place payout. “I’m a little disappointed I couldn’t go all the way, but at least I ended up winning 30 bucks,” said Beaumont, who reportedly spent an average of 90 minutes each day comparing players’ stats, monitoring the waiver wire, and emailing his friends about potential trades. “That injury to Le’Veon Bell against the Bengals really killed me. But you know what, I made back my money from the league buy-in, and I have some bragging rights over the other guys. It was a good season.” At press time, sources confirmed that after spending over $900 while watching NFL games at a local bar every Sunday, Beaumont plans to use his runner-up prize to purchase a used Xbox 360 controller.

theonion.com/articles/man-who-spent-300-hours-playing-fantasy-football-t,37707/
  • Labour of love.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    edited January 2015
    g under p wrote: »
    With a better defense in certain years, Manning's post-season record would look quite different
    JK_Livin wrote: »
    Sorry, Peyton is the greatest playoff losing QB with an awful defense ever. Losers blame other people for their own faults.

Lots of Peyton's playoff losses are on him and his offense. Early in his career, maybe they overachieved in even making it far in playoffs and weren't cut out to hang with those Patriots. So I'll cut him some slack and start in 2005 (the era of Peyton's "laser, rocket arm"). Scored only 18 points against the 2005 Steelers (lost 21-18). 17 points in a wildcard round loss to the 8-8 Chargers in 2008 (lost 23-17). And 16 points in 2010 against the Rex/Sanchez Jets (lost 17-16). None of those can be put on the Colts defense. It's always been a weird narrative with Peyton's early playoff exits. The team is good cause they finish the regular season with a high seed. But all of a sudden the defense is bad cause they lose in the playoffs. It's the media that puts forth that narrative, not Peyton. He's a stand-up guy that takes the blame. But it's still annoying.

Another annoying one was that 38-35 loss to Baltimore the year they went on to beat the Niners in the Super Bowl. So much shit was shoveled on that guy that gave up the long Flacco TD pass late in the 4th that sent it too overtime. And he deserves it I guess. But what about Peyton throwing a pathetic, across-his-body, Favre-with-the-Vikings-against-the-Saints-like interception in overtime on the Denver side of the field? That's what lost it for them. Some would say that "well if the DB doesn't give up that long TD, they're not even in OT." Okay, but you ARE in OT and your superstar QB has to make some plays and not throw the ball to the other team. He did. Flacco didn't. And that's why they lost.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    Jack Del Rio stinks. Good move, Raiders
    www.myspace.com
    Ol' Rex is pretty fired up about the coaching the Bills!

Good for him. Coaching the Jets for the last few seasons was really bumming him out.
  • But what about Peyton throwing a pathetic, across-his-body, Favre-with-the-Vikings-against-the-Saints-like interception in overtime on the Denver side of the field? That's what lost it for them. So would say that "well if the DB doesn't give up that long TD, they're not even in OT." Okay, but you ARE in OT and your superstar QB has to make some plays and not throw the ball to the other team. He did. Flacco didn't. And that's why they lost.

Lol, so true. I forgot about the Favre-like cross-body throw. I think the Ravens were pretty much in field goal range, too. They just ran a couple of plays to set it up. Yeah, that was bad.
  • But what about Peyton throwing a pathetic, across-his-body, Favre-with-the-Vikings-against-the-Saints-like interception in overtime on the Denver side of the field? That's what lost it for them. So would say that "well if the DB doesn't give up that long TD, they're not even in OT." Okay, but you ARE in OT and your superstar QB has to make some plays and not throw the ball to the other team. He did. Flacco didn't. And that's why they lost.

Lol, so true. I forgot about the Favre-like cross-body throw. I think the Ravens were pretty much in field goal range, too. They just ran a couple of plays to set it up. Yeah, that was bad.

Yep. Two or three running plays and then a Tucker field-goal.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401

Of those 13, only 4 are money leagues. 8 of them are dynasty leagues. The others are restart leagues. I like the drafts. Most of my teams have relatively similar rosters. I will be cutting back next year. The draft schedules were insane this year.

I put $20 in fan dual this year for the first time. That 20 lasted me about 5 weeks. I mostly played the $2-$5 games. I can see where those sites can cause people to go overboard. Kind of like online poker.

wow. 2 leagues is more than enough for me.

fan duel is fun. we should set up leagues next year with the other degenerates, if they play.
    www.myspace.com
    Manning has for sure choked in big moments. He still revolutionized the game.
    Man Who Spent 300 Hours Playing Fantasy Football This Year Rewarded With $30 Second-Place Payout

ALBANY, NY—Having barely lost in the championship game against his former college roommate, local 28-year-old Tim Beaumont, a man who spent roughly 300 hours playing fantasy football this year, was reportedly rewarded for his efforts Tuesday with a $30 second-place payout. “I’m a little disappointed I couldn’t go all the way, but at least I ended up winning 30 bucks,” said Beaumont, who reportedly spent an average of 90 minutes each day comparing players’ stats, monitoring the waiver wire, and emailing his friends about potential trades. “That injury to Le’Veon Bell against the Bengals really killed me. But you know what, I made back my money from the league buy-in, and I have some bragging rights over the other guys. It was a good season.” At press time, sources confirmed that after spending over $900 while watching NFL games at a local bar every Sunday, Beaumont plans to use his runner-up prize to purchase a used Xbox 360 controller.

theonion.com/articles/man-who-spent-300-hours-playing-fantasy-football-t,37707/

Before I got to the link, I was thinking to myself that this has to be an onion article!