The National Football League

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    Is Denver seriously considering firing John Fox? The guy brought two separate franchises to the Super Bowl and won a playoff game with Tim freakin' Tebow at QB. He is not the reason they lost yesterday.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Per Adam Schefter:

"Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources."

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701
    The whole Denver team didn't play well. Not just Peyton.
    I miss igotid88
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Trent Dilfer and Ron Jaworski say that Peyton Manning can win another super bowl. It's hard to see him doing that if Denver can't get a more balanced running game. I just don't think he can throw the ball 50 times a game for another season.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    JimmyV wrote: »
    Is Denver seriously considering firing John Fox? The guy brought two separate franchises to the Super Bowl and won a playoff game with Tim freakin' Tebow at QB. He is not the reason they lost yesterday.

I hadn't heard that....but it is def one of those "high expectation" franchises....especially with Elway there.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Apparently there is talk (perhaps only in the media, I don't know how serious it is) of firing Fox and promoting the OC to HC. This would keep him from taking another job elsewhere and potentially help to lure Peyton back for another year. Continuity within the offensive system.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    edited January 2015
    pjhawks wrote: »
    ah good ole Juggler. only he could say something can't be done even after it was done. respect the stubbornness though big guy. probably doesn't think we can land a man on the moon even though we already did it :))

ous.

Sorry pal. Your dream of teams throwing the ball 80% of the time, consistently, will never, ever happen. Occasionally if the defense proves they cannot stop something, the other team should exploit it to death like the Pats did in the second half on Saturday. When you have one of the best qbs to ever play the game going up against a makeshift secondary, this becomes easier to do. Unfortunately most teams don't have one of the best qb's to ever play the game going up against that kind of a secondary, which is one of the reasons this hardly happens--case in point, every other playoff game thus far this year. Exceptions to rules, tend to happen sometimes.

Folks, keep in mind, this is a guy who wanted to throw the ball 80% of the time with one, Michael Vick under center. Completely idiotic.

ah never let the facts get in the way of a rant. never once did i say the Eagles with Michael Vick should throw the ball 80% of the time. i said my ideal offense, under today's passing rules, would throw that ball that much.

repeat ZERO rushes in a half but you have to run because the d would tee off on your quarterback haha too fucking funny

now go on and tell the everyone here how great no playoff wins Chip Kelly is like you spewed in the Eagles thread up until December of this year...then you and all the other lets-canonize-the-guy-before-he-wins-anything idiots got awfully quiet about Chip. but hey i'm sure you guys loved his press conferences.

yes fans of other teams. Juggler and some Eagle fans actually complained because Andy Reid had boring press conferences. fucking hilarious.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    If Manning is/was truly hurt I give both him and the Broncos credit for not talking about it in the press beforehand. That is how it should be. Injuries should not be advertized to opponents. I'm a little turned off by the way Rodgers and GB has handled his injury. If they lost yesterday there was a ready made excuse to fall back on. If they won, what a heroic effort by Rodgers.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    JimmyV wrote: »

yea not sure I get that. I like Fox as a coach.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    edited January 2015
    ah good ole Juggler. only he could say something can't be done even after it was done. respect the stubbornness though big guy. probably doesn't think we can land a man on the moon even though we already did it :))

ous.

Sorry pal. Your dream of teams throwing the ball 80% of the time, consistently, will never, ever happen. Occasionally if the defense proves they cannot stop something, the other team should exploit it to death like the Pats did in the second half on Saturday. When you have one of the best qbs to ever play the game going up against a makeshift secondary, this becomes easier to do. Unfortunately most teams don't have one of the best qb's to ever play the game going up against that kind of a secondary, which is one of the reasons this hardly happens--case in point, every other playoff game thus far this year. Exceptions to rules, tend to happen sometimes.

Folks, keep in mind, this is a guy who wanted to throw the ball 80% of the time with one, Michael Vick under center. Completely idiotic.

ah never let the facts get in the way of a rant. never once did i say the Eagles with Michael Vick should throw the ball 80% of the time. i said my ideal offense, under today's passing rules, would throw that ball that much.

repeat ZERO rushes in a half but you have to run because the d would tee off on your quarterback haha too fucking funny

Fella, did you see any other team not run the ball once in a half yesterday, Saturday, or in any of the 4 games last week? You saw a hall of fame quarterback do that against a banged up secondary who was unable to stop him. I don't know what your point is. Do you think this is the ideal way to win football games? By not running the ball once? Go peak your head into the Patriots thread and ask them if that is a consistent recipe for success. Go ask any Cowboy fan how their newfound reliance on their running game got them to 12 wins, and a playoff win after years of an out of whack run/pass ratio netted them nothing but mediocre football.

There have been 16 halves of football played this post season. 15 of them featured mostly balanced run/pass ratios (60-40% or so). You see one that doesn't (with a hall of fame qb and a banged up secondary) and you somehow think that proves something. hahaha

And yeah, you wanted Reid to throw the ball over 40 times a game with Mike Vick. Thus, the genesis of this stupid argument that you bring up over and over again. Idiocy. This isn't arena football.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    funny.....a person to remain nameless just sent me a PM apologizing for being a dick yesterday.....I'm now going thru this thread and see nothing out of line. it's all good, nameless person. :-SS

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Dez Bryant call is like a person getting arrested for underage drinking 4 hours before they turn 21. Technically, by the NFL's rulebbook, it wasn't a catch, but we all know it was a catch.
  • I can't help but think how different it would be for Peyton Manning had he won the Super Bowl last year and retired. It would have been perfect and his legacy would have been sealed. I don't think he would have retired, even if they had won the Super Bowl, but that would've been the best way to end his career. Instead, he might retire after being "one-and-done" in the playoffs, looking really bad while doing so. I think he has no choice but to come back and play 1 more season.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Isn't is required for team to announce injuries? I always thought it was dumb to report injuries, but the bookies need to know what to set the link especially at and the nfl requires this. So the Broncos should be fined, no?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Isn't is required for team to announce injuries? I always thought it was dumb to report injuries, but the bookies need to know what to set the link especially at and the nfl requires this. So the Broncos should be fined, no?

He's been listed with a thigh injury since mid December. Teams don't have to disclose the severity of the injury.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    imalive wrote: »
    funny.....a person to remain nameless just sent me a PM apologizing for being a dick yesterday.....I'm now going thru this thread and see nothing out of line. it's all good, nameless person. :-SS

it was norm, wasn't it?
    www.myspace.com
    You have to report them, but you don't have to be particularly clear or descriptive about them. If he was probable with a leg then they are in the clear. If he wasn't listed at all there could be a fine.

imalive wrote: »

it was norm, wasn't it?

you, juggler, probably insult me more than anyone else :-$

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    null
    only when warranted!
    www.myspace.com
    ....what is this "null" nonsense?
    www.myspace.com
  • Just curious, how many of you have met in person? You seem to know one another other than on the board.
    Just curious, how many of you have met in person? You seem to know one another other than on the board.

I've only met a couple people and they rarely post in sports threads anymore.
    www.myspace.com
    Just curious, how many of you have met in person? You seem to know one another other than on the board.

I've never met any of these clowns.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Someday we'll all live on the same cul de sac.

• It just seemed like everyone knows one another. I feel like Ringo sometimes, like everyone is really close and I'm an outsider lol.

Anyway, back to football. Who thinks Peyton should retire? Who thinks he should play 1 more season?
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    As soon as I saw the ball pop up in the air I knew the call would be reversed. The Calvin Johnson play was in 2010 and this play was 4 seasons later and I don't remember anyone complaining about the rule in between the 2 plays. Even if the call had not been reversed and the Cowboys had gone in for the touchdown on the next play, I think the Packers would have driven down the field and won the game. There was a lot of time left in the game for Rodgers to move the Packers offense.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    edited January 2015
    I have not met in person anyone here. I have emailed and talked on the phone with a few of you. Especially when I was banned.

Anyway, I feel bad for peyton. I hope his legacy isn't one and done. He revolutionized the quarterback position resulting directly in revolutionizing the entire game with the no huddle offense. Every team does it now. There has always been 2 minute offenses, but peyton ran the 2 minute offense during the whole game. Nobody did that before. The closest thing to it was Warren moon with the Oilers and Jim Kelley with buffalo.
    I'm not sure Peyton should come back but I believe he will come back...if Denver wants him back. He has a huge, soon to be guaranteed cap number for a guy who may be done.

• Just curious, how many of you have met in person? You seem to know one another other than on the board.

I have met a few of our fellow 'degenerate gamblers' from that thread and drank some in Wrigleyville prior to the show there. Met a handful of others locally or at shows. That is it.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170

I read this morning that Peytonn Manning has 9 "1 and done" playoff appearances. If true that's not very good even though he's still a HOFamer.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)