Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    what's the clause all about?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,751
    norm wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade
    Tim Tebow may not become a New York Jet after all.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Broncos and the Jets have encountered a hangup in the language in Tebow’s contract that could nullify the trade. Schefter cites a Broncos source as saying the hangup could keep the trade from happening.

The contractual issue apparently arises from a clause in Tebow’s contract that could require the Jets to pay up to $5 million to the Broncos. The Jets may refuse to do that.

If this turns out to be a serious enough problem that the Tebow-to-Jets deal cannot be completed, then Tebow would go back on the market and the Broncos would try to find a new trading partner.

According to Schefter, the Rams may be that new trading partner, and Tebow could be shipped to St. Louis if the deal with the Jets falls apart. It’s not clear whether Tebow would prefer the Rams or Jets, or if he’ll have any say in the matter at all.

At the moment, the deal is Tebow and the Broncos’ seventh-round pick for the Jets’ fourth- and sixth-round picks. We don’t yet know what the Rams would be willing to give up for Tebow.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... m/related/

:lol::lol: this just gets better and better

This blows. I was looking forward to the circus in NY.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language, meaning Jets would have to pay back money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling. Complex.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/sta ... 7463976961

whatever the fuck that means :?
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    81 wrote:

Basically the Broncos are asking the Jets to pay for a portion of the signing bonus and salary that have already been paid to Tebow. They are still trying to work it out.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    norm wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade
    Tim Tebow may not become a New York Jet after all.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Broncos and the Jets have encountered a hangup in the language in Tebow’s contract that could nullify the trade. Schefter cites a Broncos source as saying the hangup could keep the trade from happening.

The contractual issue apparently arises from a clause in Tebow’s contract that could require the Jets to pay up to $5 million to the Broncos. The Jets may refuse to do that.

If this turns out to be a serious enough problem that the Tebow-to-Jets deal cannot be completed, then Tebow would go back on the market and the Broncos would try to find a new trading partner.

According to Schefter, the Rams may be that new trading partner, and Tebow could be shipped to St. Louis if the deal with the Jets falls apart. It’s not clear whether Tebow would prefer the Rams or Jets, or if he’ll have any say in the matter at all.

At the moment, the deal is Tebow and the Broncos’ seventh-round pick for the Jets’ fourth- and sixth-round picks. We don’t yet know what the Rams would be willing to give up for Tebow.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... m/related/

:lol::lol: this just gets better and better
    :lol::lol: As a Giants fan, I am loving every bit of this. The Jets can't stand the Giants having all the attention in New York. They hate being the little brother of New York. They crave the attention.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    What the hell is the point of a clause in a contract requiring another team to pay the team if a player is traded? The player doesn't benefit from that at all and wouldn't the original team just negotiate that during the trade if they really want it? The Broncos can't really expect anyone to pay them $5 million plus draft picks and pay Tebow's salary. He's not worth all that outside of Florida.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    g under p wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    So I guess that answers the question on if Goodell thought this was worse than spygate.

Far worse when you are speaking of injurying another player or players. It's a contact sport but not to the point of injurying someone and possibly ending their career. Besides they were warned and investigated previously.

Peace

yeah i don't think there is a comparison to the pats thing...other than the rest of the league was doing that too and they were the ones who got caught :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    What the hell is the point of a clause in a contract requiring another team to pay the team if a player is traded? The player doesn't benefit from that at all and wouldn't the original team just negotiate that during the trade if they really want it? The Broncos can't really expect anyone to pay them $5 million plus draft picks and pay Tebow's salary. He's not worth all that outside of Florida.
    Maybe Tebow put it in the contract as a deterrent to Broncos trading him? :?

All in all, this has made my day :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334

best off season...EVER! :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

It sure beats another year of "Will Favre play or will he retire?"
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    i have to say for someone like me who has a marginal interest in the nfl, i've been loving the off season :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

Thank G-d my team plays in the NFC :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415

I thought signing the name "Tim Tebow" was all the contract would've needed to deter another team from trading for him. :)
  • Options
    Another Adam Schefter tweet:
    More craziness filed to ESPN: Jaguars are back in the mix, seeing if they now can pull off a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow.

This is hilarious, story keeps getting better and better.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    dougfloyd wrote:
    More craziness filed to ESPN: Jaguars are back in the mix, seeing if they now can pull off a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow.

The Jags are nuts not to go after them. I'm sure the coaches probably want to pass on them, but he alone would put 15-20K more fans in the seats each week, their games wouldn't be blacked-out, and their presence would expand in north Florida.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

The Jags are nuts not to go after them. I'm sure the coaches probably want to pass on them, but he alone would put 15-20K more fans in the seats each week, their games wouldn't be blacked-out, and their presence would expand in north Florida.

Exactly! They need all the help they can get selling tickets, this is the best place for him to go.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Latest news from Schefter on twitter:
    "Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville."
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    10721102-large.jpg

I think Goodell gave them (deservedly) a little extra time for the lame visors.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Dick(head) durbin wants to have a congessional hearing on bounties
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    Doesn't he have more serious issues to worry about?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Doesn't he have more serious issues to worry about?

you would think
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    I'm tired of football talk. It's March, for chrissakes :x

it's the nfl dude. there is no offseason...

I hear you, juggler, but goddam are we going to talk about tebow and the saints all fucking summer long? :x

probably :roll: . herm, mangini, hoge, polian...fuck me.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jeez....how many times did tebow say he was "excited"? 100? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    imalive wrote:

but, was he excited?
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

That was hard to watch. The way he giggles everytime someone asks a question. A backup QB getting too much attention.

Baseball starts in a week and a half!
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    imalive wrote:
    ESPN reported that he ONLY said it 45 times..... :lol::lol:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    ESPN reported that he ONLY said it 45 times..... :lol::lol:

20166742;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    it seems to me that if the league suspended you for a year, you wouldn't be able to recruit your replacement :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    it seems to me that if the league suspended you for a year, you wouldn't be able to recruit your replacement :?

his suspension doesn't start until april 1st i think
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

his suspension doesn't start until april 1st i think

ahhhhh....getting busy while he can :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13