The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892 said:

All my kids are in town for holiday weekend.Great to have em for a few days.Its good for the soul.Hope everyone gets to enjoy a little family love this weekend.
    If not then we will send some 10c family love your way.
    Peace y'all.

Have a nice weekend with the fam!!
  • rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

All my kids are in town for holiday weekend.Great to have em for a few days.Its good for the soul.Hope everyone gets to enjoy a little family love this weekend.
    Peace y'all.

Enjoy your family! Zombie Jesus day is a good reason to over indulge in all things!
    We are gonna be doing hotwings, a jog, and some lovin' one of these days soon, to see if we can coax Jean-Claude out of his seriously cramped abode.
    LMAO@ Zombie Jesus Day!! ( sorry for laughing, God.. But that was a new one!!)
  • rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Peace y'all.

Enjoy your family! Zombie Jesus day is a good reason to over indulge in all things!
    We are gonna be doing hotwings, a jog, and some lovin' one of these days soon, to see if we can coax Jean-Claude out of his seriously cramped abode.
    LMAO@ Zombie Jesus Day!! ( sorry for laughing, God.. But that was a new one!!)
    The first time I saw Zombie Jesus in print was because of Hugh Dillon. Thanks
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited April 2015
    Thx guys.Gambsy try putting a speaker to her belly and crank out some sweet grunge baby music.
    We did this with Nirvana and bam ! 12 hrs later a new shiny set of balls and a blue blanket.

Hedo,here's wishing you guys the best in your car hunt.

No Zonbie Jesus activities for my family of fun loving heathens.They are (non)religious halflings anyways,we are going out on the boat Sunday and drinking many beers and docking for some seafood at some waterfront eatery.Thats a Sunday week played.
    Do a little DinDin with the Jewish side of the fam tonight.All fam all weekend.Good Stuff.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

Thx guys.Gambsy try putting a speaker to her belly and crank out some sweet grunge baby music.
    We did this with Nirvana and bam ! 12 hrs later a new shiny set of balls and a blue blanket.

Hedo,here's wishing you guys the best in your car hunt.

No Zonbie Jesus activities for my family of fun loving heathens.They are (non)religious halflings anyways,we are going out on the boat Sunday and drinking many beers and docking for some seafood at some waterfront eatery.Thats a Sunday week played.
    Do a little DinDin with the Jewish side of the fam tonight.All fam all weekend.Good Stuff.

He does dance when she plays guitar! Everyone calls my nephew (9months) beans for his weinerbeans lol
    A day on the boat with beers sounds like a perfect sunday to me!
    Before my folks split, for about 5 years my mother, father, brother and I had a nearly endless supply of homegrown White Widow that made holidays nice. Xmas, Thanksgiving, New Year, and Easter we would all four be together having an all day burnathon. It would begin with a wakeandbake round of one-hits from the bong, and never really stop until the nightcapper. The kind of stone session where you jam music all day because movies or TV are too tough to follow. The kind of burnout where you have to take turns loading the bong because Pap would tire out and his fingers would be too sticky to be effective. The kind of hippie-fire where we would be communicating about the deep intricacies of the human mind and the nature of the universe..all in smoke signals! I'm talking the kind of peacepipe circle where you eat, smoke, jam, eat, smoke, smoke, jam, eat...and then company comes over so you roll a joint or 5 and go at it in earnest!
    Ahhhh the good old days!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Can't partake during daytime.
    I just don't like it anymore.Shit in my younger days,wake up,bake,surf all morning,bake some more,Nap and start the evening with the bong.Now in my mid 40s,I'm a night burner,so I don't have to talk on the phone or deal with unwanted interactions.
    That said,one of my kids comes home last night with 6 different edible bars imported from Cali.So I'm sure some of that will be happening this weekend as well.
    Oh before I forget.Shout out to Riotgirl.
    I heard Louisville has its hand full with flooding.Evacuations and such. Hope you and yours all are safe and sound RG.
    rr165892 said:

I just don't like it anymore.Shit in my younger days,wake up,bake,surf all morning,bake some more,Nap and start the evening with the bong.Now in my mid 40s,I'm a night burner,so I don't have to talk on the phone or deal with unwanted interactions.
    That said,one of my kids comes home last night with 6 different edible bars imported from Cali.So I'm sure some of that will be happening this weekend as well.

I feel you there, the only way I can daypartake is if I never stop till bed lol
    Dark chocolate covered pretzls.

That is all.
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Well talk to me in 18 years tough guy.Your perspective is getting ready to change real fast.You may take the edge off after a long day but keeping your daddy defenses at the ready become el impotante.Suddenly it's all about others.Even more so then just how u and Mrs G are.
    rgambs said:

Dark chocolate covered pretzls.

That is all.

With peanut butter in between.
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Well talk to me in 18 years tough guy.Your perspective is getting ready to change real fast.You may take the edge off after a long day but keeping your daddy defenses at the ready become el impotante.Suddenly it's all about others.Even more so then just how u and Mrs G are.
    Oh yeah, I already stepped out of the party mindframe... I miss it, we used to drink, smoke, and sometimes snort... All while playing intense games of ping pong, chasing the dogs around, and hiking in the woods hunting for morels, crawdads, phosphorescent fungi, tree frogs...you name it.
    Now we just chill and wait for the time when we cant even chill,anymore lol
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Oh yeah, I already stepped out of the party mindframe... I miss it, we used to drink, smoke, and sometimes snort... All while playing intense games of ping pong, chasing the dogs around, and hiking in the woods hunting for morels, crawdads, phosphorescent fungi, tree frogs...you name it.
    Now we just chill and wait for the time when we cant even chill,anymore lol
    That all sounds so good rgambs and great that you have time to chill.
    You are just one step away from your next fantastic great adventure...and it will last for the rest of your life! Soo much to look forward to...you lucky man!!!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Just read a great phrase:

"Homeopathy - the air guitar of medicine"

:smile:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Just read a great phrase:

"Homeopathy - the air guitar of medicine"

:smile:

Hahahaha awesome!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Woohoo! She's a fucking blast to drive (and I know, the lighting in our parking garage blows).

...and often, while I do support alternative medicinal means, loved that description =)
    Congrats Hedo.She looks sweet.Nice rims.And the Asphalt color is choice! Enjoy that new car smell and modern amenities its equipped with.Its going to make you question why you waited so long.
    I will raise a saki bomb this evening wishing you safe journeys in your new vessel.
  • hedonist said:

Woohoo! She's a fucking blast to drive (and I know, the lighting in our parking garage blows).

...and often, while I do support alternative medicinal means, loved that description =)

Tight ride!! I bet corners in that baby rock!!! PCH!
    WH, way to go on your intuitiveness! We JUST got back from taking Sunset Blvd down to PCH, right by the ocean next to Gladstone's. The dude drove it there and me back home.

This chick is smiling HUGE. The comfort level in it feels natural.

And now we're gonna head to the lovely hotel next door for a celebratory and decadent lunch.
    Well - Few hours later and not only is this smile going nowhere for quite awhile but I'm floored to boot.

So we live next door to a very nice hotel, had our wedding day lunch there and decided to hit it up again today after our beach time.

Cool, casual environment - outside, breezy. We choose / sit down at our table. I look around as I'm prone to do, see what's what. Get a lay of the land, so to speak.

Table right next to us?

Paul McCartney.

PAUL. McCARTNEY.

When I told my husband, he thought I was joking about a doppleganger (which I tend to do). "Yeah, right."

But nope, it was Paul.

It took everything in me to refrain from thanking him and I'm glad I didn't intrude on his time and space.

He saw and read our smiles though.

I couldn't ask for anything more right now.

edited April 2015
    hedonist said:

Well - Few hours later and not only is this smile going nowhere for quite awhile but I'm floored to boot.

So we live next door to a very nice hotel, had our wedding day lunch there and decided to hit it up again today after our beach time.

Cool, casual environment - outside, breezy. We choose / sit down at our table. I look around as I'm prone to do, see what's what. Get a lay of the land, so to speak.

Table right next to us?

Paul McCartney.

PAUL. McCARTNEY.

When I told my husband, he thought I was joking about a doppleganger (which I tend to do). "Yeah, right."

But nope, it was Paul.

It took everything in me to refrain from thanking him and I'm glad I didn't intrude on his time and space.

First Ozzy and Now Sir Paul.Are you sure you and MR Hedo aren't stalkers?
    Btw- total coolness.Dude is beyond legendary.Another awesome story to tell.
    And I believe what you meant to say is we saw PAUL FUCKING MCARTNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    I am fucking floating, rr. Actually got teary and it still seems surreal.

To share it with my sweetheart? Wowow. Also called my cousin who's a bigger Beatles lover than I (we did the Beatles walking tour together in London, '99).

And now...a few of my other favorite fellows ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpk_V8mnoP8
    hedonist said:

Table right next to us?

Paul McCartney.

PAUL. McCARTNEY.

But nope, it was Paul.

You.

Suck!

Lol im a jellyfish right now!
    edited April 2015
    Damnit Gambs.You guys having a kid or what? Isnt Jean Claude do any minute?

Fwiw- You know you have been hanging around these parts too long when you see your daughters new bearded boyfriend and you say to yourself "damn that's a beard Gambsy would be proud of ".lol
    Never met you in the real world Gambs but Apperantly you are now the go to bearded authority.Thought you might like to know.Peace
    Ha! Love you both.
    rr165892 said:

Damnit Gambs.You guys having a kid or what? Isnt Jean Claude do any minute?

Fwiw- You know you have been hanging around these parts too long when you see your daughters new bearded boyfriend and you say to yourself "damn that's a beard Gambsy would be proud of ".lol
    Never met you in the real world Gambs but Apperantly you are now the go to bearded authority.Thought you might like to know.Peace

Any freaking day now! He is dancing to Natiruts right now, lookin like an alien tryin to bust out! Natiruts (pronounced notchyhoots) is a Brazilian reggae band that kicks ass!

That is awesome, I am a local beard authority (lol jk) so it's good to see I am franchising out!
    I see a ton of rookie beards nowadays... You can tell the rookies 'cuz they dont know how to trim the sides and they get that round beard bald head look like wooly willy.

I use you as a measuring stick for whether someone is a realistic, respectable "Republican" or a nutjob teaparty fanatic lol
    We need more folks like you! People who make sense and look at issues from a logical, personal perspective instead of just spouting their sides catch phrases and tag lines.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    Works done for the day! No work tomorrow! Maybe getting rain tomorrow! I toast you all and the Rain Gods and Goddesses too!

Cheers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Hedo,I was out 2 weeks ago at our favorite joint and Patriots Coach Bill Belichek and NFL networks Mike Mayock were sitting next to us with their wives(not on Mcartneys level at all but still cool).We actually hung out with them for a bit at the bar after they ate ,as we all have a mutual friend who was also there,very low key down to earth dudes and cool as shit.Some folks in the bar were star struck,and we're coming up asking for pics.You could tell they had to do that shit all the time and were polite but we're kinda annoyed by it.When the crowd thinned
    Aw, I get it! And even I know Belichek! Though I probably spelled his name wrong =)

It's strange, isn't it - how some just add, or peel away? - another layer. I mean, they're just people but some affect so sweetly and deeply.

And not just the famed, but also the ones who have no idea the impact they make.
    Hey all.Its been pretty quiet in the lounge.I trust everyone is doing well.
    Anyone want a tasty beverage while I'm behind the bar?Gambs is buying!