The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    hedonist said:

As much as I loved the song no rain, I hated the rest of blind melons music.

:angry:

That was the only song of theirs I initially knew.

SO happy to have the rest of them firmly in my mental belt.
    I tried, I really did. I just couldn't click with it.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

Totally get it - music can be so intimate, personal. Can't be forced.

• hedonist said:

hedonist said:

This is a favourite that often gets overlooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYS6Ut8O4dA

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

That one - no need to force. Embracing it!

Interesting how their first album was the last I really got into.

You think you're on some stable musical road with them, then veering without even realizing it.

(and again, arms out)
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    muskydan said:

What a fucked up day I am having. Found out first thing this Mourning my friend and fraternity brother was killed in a plane crash outside of Bloomigton, IL. coming back from the National Championship game last night. My bro was the kindest guy and did so much for the community. He was also a big Pearl Jam fan...we saw PJ togther for the first time at Lolla in 92.... What a freaking tradegy!!! I am going to pour a real big one tonight...FUCK. Life is real fragile guys, so hug someone you love a little Harder today.

I am so deeply sorry for you... know what you must go through now...sending you fortitude with my heartfelt sympathy!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Dan-O, sorry for your loss.
    Sending out some good thoughts and sympathy to you and your buddy's family.I don't know him,but I'll raise a glass tonight in his honor as well.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

You think you're on some stable musical road with them, then veering without even realizing it.

(and again, arms out)
    Which song is it? I can't spend the data to find out lol
    No Rain is my least fav, unless it's the stripped down version.
    Walk and Toes Across the Floor...and Paper Scratcher and Yellow House... I could go on and on with BM..But above all, Soup...that one reaches into me and tweaks the spot where my brother who passed away resides.

Dan, my condolences on your loss brother, no matter how hard you try to appreciate the ones you love, when they are gone you realize that time is all you have in life, and most of it we waste.
    Pourin a Scotch and huggin the missus with you in mind!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

(and again, arms out)
    Walk and Toes Across the Floor...and Paper Scratcher and Yellow House... I could go on and on with BM..But above all, Soup...that one reaches into me and tweaks the spot where my brother who passed away resides.

Dan, my condolences on your loss brother, no matter how hard you try to appreciate the ones you love, when they are gone you realize that time is all you have in life, and most of it we waste.
    Paper Scratcher :)

Dear Old Dad is a fond/bittersweet one in our home.

Yes - Soup. So pretty and sad at the same time. "All over a bowl of bitter beans" - speaks volumes.

L'Chaim, my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_lPdhui8c
    Never seen this before (shield your eyes from the 'stache).

Really so very pretty though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHI2nWdRdXw
    hedonist said:

rgambs said:

A ton of emotion in that voice! Though not technically one of the best singers, man he could convey a ton of feeling...Blind Melon's music hasn't changed much, but without him it just isn't the same!

No progress on the baby front, looks like it's definitely going to be overdue.

Friday 12pm...just sayin.

You two must be going nuts. Or not? You seem surprisingly (and admirably) calm.

And yes about that voice! Did you ever check out Unified Theory? I thought they were pretty good, dug the singer's voice but he was no Hoon.

I am excited/nervous and Becca is going nuts, she wants that baby out of her belly!

Yeah Unified Theory had some sweet tunes...California comes to mind.

A cigarette and tea is all I had to eat...

I have been overusing the "..." lately, it's like a drug, I can't kick it. I get that way with commas too...
  • rgambs said:

hedonist said:

rgambs said:

A ton of emotion in that voice! Though not technically one of the best singers, man he could convey a ton of feeling...Blind Melon's music hasn't changed much, but without him it just isn't the same!

And yes about that voice! Did you ever check out Unified Theory? I thought they were pretty good, dug the singer's voice but he was no Hoon.

I am excited/nervous and Becca is going nuts, she wants that baby out of her belly!

I have been overusing the "..." lately, it's like a drug, I can't kick it. I get that way with commas too...
    Don't forget to bring your pillow from home if you plan on staying overnight or more at the hospital.
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

rgambs said:

I love California too (not to mention that from Joni).

Get some sustenance in you!

;)
  • hedonist said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

(and again, arms out)

Paper Scratcher :)

Dear Old Dad is a fond/bittersweet one in our home.

Yes - Soup. So pretty and sad at the same time. "All over a bowl of bitter beans" - speaks volumes.

L'Chaim, my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_lPdhui8c
    Blind Melon is one of the few bands I could listen to repeatedly and still have an emotional response everytime. Their first is one of the most complete albums of my lifetime. I've played Change until my fingertips were raw countless times.

Blind Melon is one of the few bands I could listen to repeatedly and still have an emotional response everytime. Their first is one of the most complete albums of my lifetime. I've played Change until my fingertips were raw countless times.

Yeah, you get it - them (among other things ;) )

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Thanks Guys.....
    I got sewage fruit and it's growin' out back from roots
    but I don't think that they belong to me...
    But if I could buy the sky that's hangin'
    Over this bed of mine
    If I could climb these vines
    And maybe see what you're seein'...

And though inside I'm feeling giddy
    Always wrong for never giving myself an uninvaded door

So now I'll take a little glue
    I'll put together a new glittered room for you
    So I can start sitting so pretty
    Instead of sitting here not seein' clear
    Just sitting here not fittin' here
    No things ain't fittin' here
    Gambs,it's time to pass along some dad love your way,since your life is going to way enhanced in just a few hours.There are many songs about fathers and daughters,only a few about sons.
    The follow song as played by Shinedown always has been a song that symbolizes my love for my son.I get goosebumps Everytime it's played and our son feels the same.The words ring so true.Im going to pass it over to you and your new son as I think you will find its meaning so much more relevant very soon.Hope you enjoy,and get out of it what we do.
    Peace Bro.

"Simple Man"
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=cKiXmBbVN8Y
    My dad used to play and sing this to me and my brothers! Skynard style of course.
  • rgambs said:

My dad used to play and sing this to me and my brothers! Skynard style of course.

Nice!!
  • I know this is shameless self promotion.. But please read and maybe even vote ( honestly, please.) on my poll I have going in AET. I am honestly looking to see if I could pull this off, and I need some honest feedback. Thanks. Love ya'll!
    Remember,Shinedown and Skynard are both from the same town of Jacksonville,Florida.Hence the cover and nod to the great Lynard Skynard.
    I'm very pleased your old man already had this going.Hes a smart guy.
  • Love both those bands! Never knew Skynyard was from Jacksonville!! Learn something new every day!!
    This could be the day! :)
  • Hold my hand ...walk beside me..
    Nothing happening lol
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Good luck, gambs! I'm sure the anticipation is over the top! I'm sure overnight bags are packed and by the door, the car's gas tank is full, and the cell phones are charged. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    hedonist said:

This could be the day! :)

You picked Friday at noon.That means Mrs Gambs need to get to breaking water and dilating stat.
    We are walking, hot foodsin, sexin, all the old wives tales are covered including a full moon and a few days of fierce thunderstorms... The only thing happening is the tree frogs are making sweet music down in the swamp.

BTW I am not a fan of the wives tales, particularly the ones involving the full moon or the weather :angry:
    We think we have arrived at a name we can both accept:
    Simon Lee? Gambs
    Cy for short/nickname.
    rgambs said:

We think we have arrived at a name we can both accept:
    Simon Lee? Gambs
    Cy for short/nickname.

Ha! I first read that as Geddy Lee Gambs.

I like the name Simon very much (but he'll always be Jean-Claude to us =) )