The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    brianlux said:

Works done for the day! No work tomorrow! Maybe getting rain tomorrow! I toast you all and the Rain Gods and Goddesses too!

Cheers!

Did you get the moisture you so craved?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hey, if gambo's buying, I'll take one!

Not sure about up Brian's way, but we're supposed to get "some" rain this week too.

Fingers crossed!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    If I'm buying, it's top-shelf for everyone!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Woohoo! Me and my angry friend can use one =)

Getting close for you, gambs.

Few years ago, I was on another board - sort of an offshoot of here with various members who posted in both places. There was a woman on there of whom we were so fond, she was having twins. When they were born, it was like they had a shitload of ready-made aunts and uncles.

Kinda like how I feel about your gambino :)
    hedonist said:

Woohoo! Me and my angry friend can use one =)

Getting close for you, gambs.

Few years ago, I was on another board - sort of an offshoot of here with various members who posted in both places. There was a woman on there of whom we were so fond, she was having twins. When they were born, it was like they had a shitload of ready-made aunts and uncles.

Kinda like how I feel about your gambino :)

Auntie Hedo and Uncle Ar Ar
    I love it!
    That's angry uncle rr.
    So what is the exact due date ?
    Thursday is the due date, but unfortunately we are thinking he might come a few days late... Becca doesn't like that thought one bit lol
    Dr. visit tomorrow, we will see if she is effacing and dilating, fingers crossed!

I wanted to get out of work tomorrow cuz I have a bust ass day ahead of me, but it isn't looking good for that. I have plenty of bustass days so any I can miss will be nice. I need to find a way to work my brain and spare my back!
  • Lol I love our little PJ family. Yes when does he make his Last Exit/Premiere entrance?
    "Should I teach one not to know how?
    How to live in a world we live in now

'Cause there's a beautiful life to behold
    And its the biggest part of my life to unfold
    Oh please
    Bring new life into me"
    Oh fuckity fuck, gambs.

Blind Melon, such beauty.

That song gets me - right here.

Big big smile, my friend.
    hedonist said:

Oh fuckity fuck, gambs.

Very glad to have produced a smile, you strike me as the sort of person who smiles with your whole being, radiant and genuine!

The loss of Shannon Hoon has left a greater "hole" in me than Kurt and Layne combined... No offense to them or their devotees of course!
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Oh fuckity fuck, gambs.

Very glad to have produced a smile, you strike me as the sort of person who smiles with your whole being, radiant and genuine!

The loss of Shannon Hoon has left a greater "hole" in me than Kurt and Layne combined... No offense to them or their devotees of course!
    You saved yourself with the last sentence.but you got me thinking.
    Andy Wood and Kurt passing were like sacrificial passings of the torch.W/o those two and the legacy they left the birth of my 3 favorite bands would never have occurred.Andy led/inspired PJ
    And temple of the Dog+ influenced Cornells lyrics in Soundgarden(Fell on Black days,etc).Kurt of course led to Dave forming Foo Fighters.
    Rock and Rolls way of recycling I guess.
    edited April 2015
    I ask due date because I think we should all guess time and date.Winner gets naming rights to the young prince.
    Ok maybe not the last part,but bragging rights none the less.so here goes.
    Sat morning at 4.39

Lol I love our little PJ family. Yes when does he make his Last Exit/Premiere entrance?

Did you see the movie singles? I often equate the dynamic herein the lounge like that apartment building Dillion and Fonda lived in in the movie.Does that make sense?A weird dysfunctional heart felt hot mess of a PJ family.All in the same time and place traveling together.Sharing,helping,arguing and enjoying.
    Nice analogy, rr - especially that last part!

gambo, Shannon had already passed by the time my husband introduced me to BM's music. What a wordsmith he was, and that voice. I liken it to Thom Yorke's in a way - not what might be considered a "good" voice but oh man...pure and honest and just HITS. So maybe not good per se, but no doubt beautiful.

Walk helped me through some tough times, and Vernie still makes me swoon.

"oh a flower you are to my land"

I mean, c'mon!
    Oh, and I'm going with Friday, high noon =)
  • rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Oh fuckity fuck, gambs.

LOve that lyric.. And yes the music world is in a great loss having all of them taken from us so soon..
  • rr165892 said:

Lol I love our little PJ family. Yes when does he make his Last Exit/Premiere entrance?

Did you see the movie singles? I often equate the dynamic herein the lounge like that apartment building Dillion and Fonda lived in in the movie.Does that make sense?A weird dysfunctional heart felt hot mess of a PJ family.All in the same time and place traveling together.Sharing,helping,arguing and enjoying.
    Sweet!! That I one if the best parts!!
  • I call Sunday 8 am-ish..
    One more (to write my words on the face of today - and then they'll paint it...or graffiti over it =) )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hsjDp14aE
    A ton of emotion in that voice! Though not technically one of the best singers, man he could convey a ton of feeling...Blind Melon's music hasn't changed much, but without him it just isn't the same!

No progress on the baby front, looks like it's definitely going to be overdue.
    Wish I could do justice to this rush of music-love.

My back's been up in arms so I'm home today (ironically, husband took the new car which I suspect fucked with my back on the get-in-and-out-of motions), so just tiptoe-ing through the tulips this morning.

Serendipity - after that long-lasting lyric from Change, I felt like visiting the Highwaymen.

"I'll always be around, and around"

Painting those words.

It's something else - humbling, uplifting? - when notes and voices get in so deep (when allowed to?), for more than the thousandth time.

Elixir!
    rgambs said:

A ton of emotion in that voice! Though not technically one of the best singers, man he could convey a ton of feeling...Blind Melon's music hasn't changed much, but without him it just isn't the same!

No progress on the baby front, looks like it's definitely going to be overdue.

Friday 12pm...just sayin.

You two must be going nuts. Or not? You seem surprisingly (and admirably) calm.

And yes about that voice! Did you ever check out Unified Theory? I thought they were pretty good, dug the singer's voice but he was no Hoon.

If it's Friday at noon,I'm going to start celebratory drinking,toasting Jean Claude early in the day.May not help productivity.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    What a fucked up day I am having. Found out first thing this Mourning my friend and fraternity brother was killed in a plane crash outside of Bloomigton, IL. coming back from the National Championship game last night. My bro was the kindest guy and did so much for the community. He was also a big Pearl Jam fan...we saw PJ togther for the first time at Lolla in 92.... What a freaking tradegy!!! I am going to pour a real big one tonight...FUCK. Life is real fragile guys, so hug someone you love a little Harder today.
    I'm so sorry, Dan. Condolences sent across the miles.
    I'm not a big gospel music person, but some of it just reaches in - strangely, when needed.

Hope this brings a bit of comfort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Wt3dhF4fU
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    As much as I loved the song no rain, I hated the rest of blind melons music.

As much as I loved the song no rain, I hated the rest of blind melons music.

:angry:

That was the only song of theirs I initially knew.

SO happy to have the rest of them firmly in my mental belt.