The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    edited March 2015
    Fail.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    A country girl can survive.
    I have been annoyed lately how "country" has been confused with "southern". Like folks from Maine aren't country lol
    1000's of oil and gassers from Texas are in my area. There's one I was bullshitting with, truck covered in "country" stickers and junk...turns out he's from Dallas... Dallas! That aint country!
    Kris is the man!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    There is country/backwoods/rural everywhere.I think we just associate southern with country.Although there is very little country in ATL,MiA,Charlotte,Tampa,NO .
    traffic and crime yes
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Morning!

(the hell is the waving hello thingie?)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    rgambs said:

I have been annoyed lately how "country" has been confused with "southern". Like folks from Maine aren't country lol
    1000's of oil and gassers from Texas are in my area. There's one I was bullshitting with, truck covered in "country" stickers and junk...turns out he's from Dallas... Dallas! That aint country!
    Kris is the man!

dallas is a huge place fulla ppl, concrete, glass & steel. dallas is not muddy nor is dallas in dire need for xl 4x4 trucks. insane off road tires are costly & not meant for street use. that'll cost ya big $$$ as that tread wears the frigg out quick as shit. it's all for show w/ these city cowboys w/ their brand spankin new starched up wranglers. as you can tell im not much of a fan of the big city country wannabes
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

rgambs said:

Kris is the man!

dallas is a huge place fulla ppl, concrete, glass & steel. dallas is not muddy nor is dallas in dire need for xl 4x4 trucks. insane off road tires are costly & not meant for street use. that'll cost ya big $$$ as that tread wears the frigg out quick as shit. it's all for show w/ these city cowboys w/ their brand spankin new starched up wranglers. as you can tell im not much of a fan of the big city country wannabes
    I'm fully with you there!
    How is it going with the bilateral knee replacements?
    thanks for asking, rgambs
    how is it going w/ my knees being replaced? well it's simply the most painful experience i've ever went through. on the 26th it'll be a month since the surgery. ok, so 4 weeks out & i've made huge improvements since this all started & that's what we need in this kinda situation. it has been constant agony but somehow livable. it's funny how both legs feel broken in several places that aren't near the knee... ankles & top of feet feel broken. when we're talking about the tibia bones, damn, son of a!!! darn knees are harder than a billygoat's stinky whatnot & it is weird as heck

im at 100 degrees when doing my R leg slide under the chair im sitting in. the L leg is just under 100 degrees. therapist says im doing good & right on target. not being able to sleep much at all is completely for the birds. we're talkin on average 2-4 hrs a night i bet & that is broken up not solid

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

thanks for asking, rgambs
    how is it going w/ my knees being replaced? well it's simply the most painful experience i've ever went through. on the 26th it'll be a month since the surgery. ok, so 4 weeks out & i've made huge improvements since this all started & that's what we need in this kinda situation. it has been constant agony but somehow livable. it's funny how both legs feel broken in several places that aren't near the knee... ankles & top of feet feel broken. when we're talking about the tibia bones, damn, son of a!!! darn knees are harder than a billygoat's stinky whatnot & it is weird as heck

im at 100 degrees when doing my R leg slide under the chair im sitting in. the L leg is just under 100 degrees. therapist says im doing good & right on target. not being able to sleep much at all is completely for the birds. we're talkin on average 2-4 hrs a night i bet & that is broken up not solid

You are doing good with your rehab, most people don't know how bad that part is gonna hurt!
    "it's funny how both legs feel broken in several places that aren't near the knee... ankles & top of feet feel broken. when we're talking about the tibia bones, damn, son of a!!!"
    I used to assist total knee replacements in the operating room, and I can assure you, that pain is earned! It is rough business getting joints replaced...lots of UFC type leg holds lol
    edited March 2015
    please tell me about knee replacements in the operating room, tell me about bone cement & the tools you good folks crank up. thank you.

damn right it's earned. frigg

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited March 2015
    chadwick said:

please tell me about knee replacements in the operating room, tell me about bone cement & the tools you good folks crank up. thank you.

Does not sound like a picnic, Chadwick! I hope you're back on your feet soon!

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

chadwick said:

I cant tell if this is sincere or sarcastic lol. Damn interwebs.
    Everything else aside, music is the common thread of our collective tapestry.

(and friends always know that disagreements may be had, may be heated - even a few stomping feet - but never love lost from here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOFP-jYCvyw
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    For Brianlux,
    and all the loungers....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=20wx7JQvfDU
    edited March 2015
    ?
    Post edited by kce8 on
    edited March 2015
    Nice avatar Brianlux !
    Post edited by kce8 on
    Brian, I don't remember which thread was the William H macy thread, but you vouched for the movie,"Rudderless"... Awesome! I never heard of it but we just watched it and it is about 1000x as good as like 90% of the movies out there!
    Much more mature and sober but kinda reminded me of "August Rush."
    rgambs said:

Brian, I don't remember which thread was the William H macy thread, but you vouched for the movie,"Rudderless"... Awesome! I never heard of it but we just watched it and it is about 1000x as good as like 90% of the movies out there!

Excellent, Gambs!! So glad you liked it! I felt the same way- what a great movie!

I'll check out "August Rush"- thanks!

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

Excellent, Gambs!! So glad you liked it! I felt the same way- what a great movie!

I'll check out "August Rush"- thanks!

Yeah it's more of a feel goody movie, but I really like it.
    Man the moment when he approaches the headstone, and you find out the reality of the events... We were shocked and it really brings the movie to another level.
    edited March 2015
    I will watch it this weekend.How about quit giving shit away Gambs. Damn Dude.Your better then that.
    My bad, put me in the idiot thread!
    You got baby on the brain.Were going to let this one slide.
    T wo weeks! :anguished:
    How's your wife holding up, gambo?
    hedonist said:

She's starting to feel pretty...weighed down lol
    She's tough and hasn't complained half as much as her sister did, but she's getting pretty sore and tired. Definitely looking forward to 2 months off work! I don't get any time off, but they promise I will get 3 days off a week..we will see!
    At 5'9 and 125 lbs, she wasn't super structurally prepared as some women are to weild a 9lb baby lol, but smaller women have carried bigger babies indeed!
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

She's starting to feel pretty...weighed down lol
    She's tough and hasn't complained half as much as her sister did, but she's getting pretty sore and tired. Definitely looking forward to 2 months off work! I don't get any time off, but they promise I will get 3 days off a week..we will see!
    Aww - having seen my sister through two pregnancies (and myself through none!), I give kudos to not bitching about the number carrying a baby does on body and emotions.

You should be getting time off too! Fingers crossed for those three days for you.
    edited March 2015
    oh im very sincere, rgambs. it's my curious nature wanting to know these things. i found myself yesterday wanting to know which company manufactured my new knees. guess i'll make a note of this & ask the dr when i see him next. i remember you saying the operating rooms you were working in they had music turned up. this is a amazing visual to me

thank you, lux. im on my feet & zooming about like a turtle or some other slow ass critter
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    rgambs, nice news. enjoy the times ahead.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Chad,I chose a local instead of regular anesthesia last time I went under the knife.My doc is a client so we already had a relationship.Hes 80 something and looks like the monopoly man.He allowed me to pick the music while he was cutting away.On that day I thought Zeppelin was in order.And they cranked it.The nurses were goofing around with me and the whole experience was so different and cool.In the Light and when the Levee breaks sounds great echoing in an OR.
    wow! what the frigg?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce