The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Got some acoustic U2 going - old school songs. Fitting, not to mention heartfelt.

Bono's a good fella.

Cheers, rr.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    hedonist said:

Got some acoustic U2 going - old school songs. Fitting, not to mention heartfelt.

Bono's a good fella.

Cheers, rr.

Rock on Cali chick.Enjoy your evening.
    Fyi-I just got a stinky new package from Mr Bud Green.Let me just say "Oh my"!!!!
    Oh,and the U2 sounds perfectly fitting for a day like today.
    And so is a sweet acoustic version of Trent - the Becoming.

(it's the nature of my circuitry)

Good music, kind bud (cue Spicoli - sans tasty waves). You enjoy yours, brother!
    Talk about seasons. Gorgeous voice - in words too, not just timbre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrIfaNvxhio
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Hanging out in my kitchen this afternoon, cooking and listening to Jesse Cook, so thought some of the rest of you riding the train today might enjoy it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbeq_WrMU2U
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Yup, Ms. reading. Music soothes this savage beast (most times). Really nice and needed energy with this one - thank you.

Earlier my guy and I were talking about how music is a reflection of us, of nature. Breath, pulse, rhythm.

I used to work with a woman, a southern gal, gorgeous blonde with spunk and brains. She named her cat Musica. Always thought it was such a beautiful moniker.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It's often a reflection of who we are, who we were, who we really want to be. People ask what makes humans different from our animal brothers and sisters, art is the answer. Art is born of our capacity to feel and analyze those feelings, and music is the highest form of art in my opinion.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited March 2015
    Often,I had never heard Cook play before.High energy and great guitar chops for that genre music.He must be big in Canada im assuming.I didn't know flamenco crowds got so loose.You crazy Canadians.That was a fun little set.
    And Hedo,I need to say nothing about your choice of clips.Ive said before Cornell is the best male singer ever.And seasons is so hauntingly beautiful and comforting.I get at least 2-3 plays on that song a week.
    My contribution this evening.
    A little Southern love for you all with Zac Brown covering free and into the mystic
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=1D6dgk8etew
    Into the Mystic is one of my over the moon songs. This is just lovely and musically reflects the current light of this evening.
    edited March 2015
    What,you want to see Zac Brown bands exceptional range and talent? You think they are country?
    Well let's kick it up a notch then with Enter Sandman with a little southern spice.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=T721JwErNFY

Public service announcement-If you have never seen them live ,do yourself a favor and go on this tour.
    rr165892 said:

Often,I had never heard Cook play before.High energy and great guitar chops for that genre music.He must be big in Canada im assuming.I didn't know flamenco crowds got so loose.You crazy Canadians.That was a fun little set.

Jesse Cook's music never fails to make me smile. I'm seeing him in June, for I think the sixth time. He has a Canadian mother and a French father and grew up in Toronto with time in the south of France and Spain. The concerts are like a party - everyone's dancing.
    hedonist said:

Yup, Ms. reading. Music soothes this savage beast (most times). Really nice and needed energy with this one - thank you.

Earlier my guy and I were talking about how music is a reflection of us, of nature. Breath, pulse, rhythm.

I used to work with a woman, a southern gal, gorgeous blonde with spunk and brains. She named her cat Musica. Always thought it was such a beautiful moniker.

You're welcome. I feel like we should be on a first name basis by now - call me often :smiley:
    Ok one more then I'm done.
    ZBB with Ritchie Sambora
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=I6yrUJ7nxiM

hedonist said:

You're welcome. I feel like we should be on a first name basis by now - call me often :smiley:

hedonist said:

I shall dub you "often makes me smile".

(often for short ;) )

Don't it make you smile? Happy to oblige.

Several things made me smile today, including a nice Sancerre. La Cote des Monts Damnes, with a grilled salmon dinner. Cheers to those still on the train tonight.
  • I really live this place.. Listening to Jim Croce this morning.. I love him on analog.. His voice is just so... Soothing.. And while I don't have Too many fond memories of my mother.. I do remember her sitting in the living room of 'the house of pain and death', ( one day I'll tell you all some of the shit I saw go down in that house!! It still stands, and according to the peeps living in it now, they see the car crashing through the front of the house... Only to realize it was a spectral vision, so it's haunted.. Should be!! 6 different people died in that house or yard!! Crazy place to spend a childhood!), the Royal Stack speakers up in the window facing outside and her sitting in the center of the room, on the floor, harmonizing perfectly with Ol' Jim..she'd do this with Joan Baez too.. And Patsy Cline.. The night she accidentally shot and killed her boyfriend, this is how the police found her.. A lot of memories with this album..
    'If I could keep time in a bottle..."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    damn. that is some shit right there
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Well fuck! A bit heavy for me at the moment.

I'll take Bad Bad Leroy Brown this morning, thanks.
  • Sorry.. That album always takes me back to those weird hot summer days in that house... Didn't mean to kill tge good vibe..
    No apologies needed, WH - we're all in different head-spaces at different times.
    Apropos of nothing - and I'm not even a comic book fan - Stan Lee seems like one smart, happy and badass motherfucker.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    We got a storm since yesterday and now it´s getting a little bit scary...! :frowning::perturbed::worried:
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Those ZBB clips were all money
  • Much happier memories with my
    Music selection
    Today.. Violent Femes!
    All my kids are in town for holiday weekend.Great to have em for a few days.Its good for the soul.Hope everyone gets to enjoy a little family love this weekend.
    If not then we will send some 10c family love your way.
    Peace y'all.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

All my kids are in town for holiday weekend.Great to have em for a few days.Its good for the soul.Hope everyone gets to enjoy a little family love this weekend.
    If not then we will send some 10c family love your way.
    Peace y'all.

Enjoy your family! Zombie Jesus day is a good reason to over indulge in all things!
    We are gonna be doing hotwings, a jog, and some lovin' one of these days soon, to see if we can coax Jean-Claude out of his seriously cramped abode.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rr, enjoy your children this weekend! They're lucky to have you - and to have you appreciating them.

gambo, I was just thinking about J-C, and how from what I know of you, you're going to make a great father. And as it's getting close for you parents-to-be, I've heard spicy food is a good instigator. There's also lore out there about certain meals helping to induce the process.

Hoping my "good" Friday wraps up with me and the husband riding home in our new car. He's already suggested I get Lambo doors on it :open_mouth: