The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    One of my favourite people in our circle of friends when I lived overseas was named Simon, although frankly I'm not sure you'd want to use him as a role model :smiley: .
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    In my early 20s, I went on ONE date with an older English fellow named Simon. Seemed interesting, nice and charming.

It was a very long, awkward date with no connection on my part (although he subsequently appeared on that old show, Love Connection!).

Dude dropped me off across from my home and peeled out as soon as I shut the car door.

Something tells me Simon Gambs will grow up to be a better man.
  • Simon Lee! Love it!!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Very proper sounding.I married a Brit and Simon even sounds way English to her.That said,Cy is a cool nickname.But he will always be also nicknamed here in the lounge as JC or Jean Claude.You can't put that rabbit back in the hat.
    The song to crank out of a 4ft high stereo speaker(does anyone have those anymore?) right up to the belly is Smells like Teen Spirt.
    It worked for us.
    It has magical baby dropping powers.
    Love your rabbit line, rr.

gambs, it is now past noon... :angry:

So I took a half-day off from work - gonna show off my new ride to my mom and take her to lunch. It's funny, today is the four-year anniversary of my mother-in-law's death. She loved sports and muscle cars. Kind of fitting to have my mother introduced to it on this day.

Good thoughts to the (soon-to-be-growing) gambo family!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    edited April 2015
    rgambs said:

We think we have arrived at a name we can both accept:
    Simon Lee? Gambs
    Cy for short/nickname.

The world always needs more Randy's. Just say'n.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited April 2015
    Anyone listen to (the musician) 'Banks'? Had her CD in my car playing for the last 2 months, great sound. (to my ears anyway)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twix375Me4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzGHgQBPyV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g_S9Vzp9Hs
    Post edited by Idris on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:

rgambs said:

Simon Lee? Gambs
    Cy for short/nickname.

Randy Gambs lol
    Sounds like a name for the first man to be featured on both Cops and Jerry Springer lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    Interesting stuff there, Idris. I hadn't heard here before. Thanks for posting these.

Since we're on the subject of music, I know some of you don't stray from AMT very often but if you happen to have some thoughts on this thread in "Other Music" I'd be very interested in reading them:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/243640/why-isnt-this-happening-today#latest
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    brianlux said:

Interesting stuff there, Idris. I hadn't heard here before. Thanks for posting these.

Since we're on the subject of music, I know some of you don't stray from AMT very often but if you happen to have some thoughts on this thread in "Other Music" I'd be very interested in reading them:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/243640/why-isnt-this-happening-today#latest

Interesting thread!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

rgambs said:

Simon Lee? Gambs
    Cy for short/nickname.

Randy Gambs lol
    Sounds like a name for the first man to be featured on both Cops and Jerry Springer lol
    Randy Gambs, P.I.

Why deny your son's destiny?

I thought the name sounds like that of a wrestler's.
    If I may (actually, I will!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Z0H8CHPIU
    Unless mrs G went +1 last night,i overshot my 4.37 in the am prediction.but no gambs check in yet.maybe its going down.
  • rgambs said:

Jason P said:

rgambs said:

Simon Lee? Gambs
    Cy for short/nickname.

Randy Gambs lol
    LMAO, right??
  • Hold out for Sunday 8 am little guy!!!
    80% effaced and only 1 cm dilated...
    Come on out JC! Lol he might not come until Thursday when he is evicted by induction induction!
    Thursday?!

(also, I just learned a new word - "effaced")

Is she doing alright so far?
    Hahaha the whole deal is sort of graphic!
    She's ok but she's damn tired of being pregnant and carrying that huge belly around.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Sending positive vibes to Mrs. Gambs - good luck you guys.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    Good luck Gambs and Mrs. Gambs! Keep us posted, buddy!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I say next Tuesday
  • I still say tomorrow.. But 1 cm... That's just the very beginning. Have to hold for ten.. Lol still think Sunday ( as in tomorrow) 8 am. Either way good luck mr and mrs GAmbss!! How exciting!!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Boy´s are as always a little late... ;)
    no offense ... just saying... lol

It´s so crazy waiting for the baby when all you want is getting it out! You can´t imagine it before but the last days are really trying... Good wishes for your lady!

My friends son was TWO weeks over the time...she was almost going mad! She can laugh at it today... ;)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH ! Hope you will be parents as soon as possible... :lucky:
    I was a month early.Born on thanksgiving.

My wife was at her baby shower while pregnant with our son(first kid).I was at home enjoying a sat afternoon nap.I get a call that at the party her water broke.But do t worry or rush,she wasn't having contractions and it was going to be a long night.
    I was to meet them at the hospital in about an hour.
    So I showered,grabbed the bags,stopped for gas and to make sure baby seat was hooked up right.Saw a friend who offered me a congrats bag of goodies so I bullshitted with him for a few minutes.(no cell phones back then only beepers) and slowly made my way to the hospital.
    As I got there a car (my sisters)came flying into the parking lot at the same time headed toward emergency,driving crazy fast.I ran over to them and my wife was in full blown labor.We got her out of car, up to maternity and within 45 minutes of them pulling up I was holding my son.
    It was blur of emotions and I think my wife called me every curse word in the book while actually pushing out.Man was it bloody.The babies look like little aliens.
    So he was 2 weeks early.
    So Kc I don't know what your talking about,lol
    rr165892 said:

My wife was at her baby shower while pregnant with our son(first kid).I was at home enjoying a sat afternoon nap.I get a call that at the party her water broke.But do t worry or rush,she wasn't having contractions and it was going to be a long night.
    So I showered,grabbed the bags,stopped for gas and to make sure baby seat was hooked up right.Saw a friend who offered me a congrats bag of goodies so I bullshitted with him for a few minutes.(no cell phones back then only beepers) and slowly made my way to the hospital.
    As I got there a car (my sisters)came flying into the parking lot at the same time headed toward emergency,driving crazy fast.I ran over to them and my wife was in full blown labor.We got her out of car, up to maternity and within 45 minutes of them pulling up I was holding my son.
    It was blur of emotions and I think my wife called me every curse word in the book while actually pushing out.Man was it bloody.The babies look like little aliens.
    So he was 2 weeks early.

Great story! I hope ours isn't is good to tell later lol, no offense.
    rr165892 said:

So he was 2 weeks early.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That´s a great story! I still laugh!
    It makes me smile at heart and you are a lucky man to get this great experience... :)
    So that´s not bad...short schock... haha I think I like your wife...lol
    Well my mother saw my son at the ultrasonic-video and told me later (as my son was born and looking good lol) that she was totally schocked and thought he looked creepy or like an alien... but she didn´t tell me...she said she was really afraid...lol he´s 18 now... all is good...anyhow ;)
    No, seriously you can be lucky you and your wife missed some hours out :relieved:

Oh and the boy my friend got was really huge and looked like he came to this world with a bag completely ready to go to Kindergarten...lol She was not amused then and it was her third baby...but she also didn´t told me bc my son (only kid) was born 5 weeks later... lol.. I remember that she told me it was absolut a normal and easy birth...haha such a liar!

Hope gambs will not freak out now...but I´m sure everyone comes along with good meant advice... ;)

As English is not my language...I dk if your sentence about the `my wife called me every curse word in the book´ is common speech but I have never heard it and still laugh!
    Maybe all a man has to know for his part is to be there, shut up and don´t faint !!! Oh, and forget all what your wife will tell you while giving birth! :smiley:
    Hey rgambs....it couldn´t get better than rr ´s story...
    I swear... perfect birth, no long walking or long pains...just a drive by birth! lol
    I love it, rr, start to finish and your wife too! - and kce, never apologize about your grasp of English. You rock at it.

My birth (morning) involved my father rushing my mom to the hospital, getting pulled over for speeding and then having that officer blaring lights and siren while leading the way. Maybe the beginnings of my respect for the good men and women on the force.

Anyway, to the little gambo-to-be...he will be in good, loving hands (and heart).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es5D9lgudac
    Happiness in music and these three.

Wowza!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_4itRSEvI