The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    "And a bit of a jerk, I think."

Yeah I have the impression he is a bit of an asshole, but I can't recall where I picked that up. Doesn't matter, talent is talent and he has some for sure.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs wrote: »
    I spent my afternoon trolling the PJ facebook page, talking shit about the superbowl and sports. People got some serious butthurt out of it and I was highly entertained!

[-X
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    rgambs wrote: »

Yeah I have the impression he is a bit of an asshole, but I can't recall where I picked that up. Doesn't matter, talent is talent and he has some for sure.
    Speaking of which - talent, that is - the fuck was up with Kravitz at half-time? Jeesh.

And about Crowe, I've heard that here and there as well, but who knows. I can be a bit of a jerk-hole sometimes too :D

I sure dug him in Gladiator though!
    My goodness, Miss Fiona Apple is something else. Gorgeousness in range, honesty and manner.

I needed something like this, this evening. This is the kind of voice that makes vision obsolete. Nice cover choice, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4ZzwG_Ztyk
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

I know, it was just a flippant comment. It does seem wrong, though, to think of Ed being played by a jerk.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Tom Cruise is a freakazoid off screen but his movies are fun.So I will judge the work on the work with Crowe.And he has done some fantastic movies.Imsure if tasked to play Vedder he would give it a Award winning effort.
    Uncanny for sure! I spent my afternoon trolling the PJ facebook page, talking shit about the superbowl and sports. People got some serious butthurt out of it and I was highly entertained! Tonight, some meatloaf and taters, then some scotch and an arty film with Scarlett Johansson.
    Rock on folks!

Anything with Scarlett is a super treat.
    It was supposed to be one of the best films of 2014 but it was crap. Scarlett Johansson naked was the highlight, but that isn't enough to carry a 2 hr movie. Under the Skin it was called. It should be watched in fast forward as there are only about 10 minutes worth of dialogue in the whole film. Entire minutes go by at a time with people staring into mirrors or driving around silently. As is typical with some artsy fartsy films, the story begins and ends at random, with very little plot in between, and no reason or explanation for what is happenin. 2 hrs and only about 5 things happen, mostly silently, and the rest is just scenes of people walking, driving, or staring.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Just for fun this morning, a little video of orcas giving themselves belly massages on the pebbles at a beach near Campbell River, about 3 hours north of Victoria.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/02/02/bc-orcas-beach-rubbing-video_n_6587324.html
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    It was supposed to be one of the best films of 2014 but it was crap. Scarlett Johansson naked was the highlight, but that isn't enough to carry a 2 hr movie. Under the Skin it was called. It should be watched in fast forward as there are only about 10 minutes worth of dialogue in the whole film. Entire minutes go by at a time with people staring into mirrors or driving around silently. As is typical with some artsy fartsy films, the story begins and ends at random, with very little plot in between, and no reason or explanation for what is happenin. 2 hrs and only about 5 things happen, mostly silently, and the rest is just scenes of people walking, driving, or staring.

I did see the trailer for this,and passed.I usually love everything she is in but this looked Ehhh.Now that said I started to watch Gone Girl.Im not done yet,but holy shit it's good and twisted.
    Just for fun this morning, a little video of orcas giving themselves belly massages on the pebbles at a beach near Campbell River, about 3 hours north of Victoria.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/02/02/bc-orcas-beach-rubbing-video_n_6587324.html

It's a beautiful thing to see :)

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

Wow, ....this is what I dream about since maybe 1990 !!!
    I never saw something like this or even just one Orca and I think I would have not being able to get out just one word in this situation...Dreaming about travelling to Vencouver Island or any other place in the world just to see Orcas in free nature...I hope someday this will become true! They are so beautiful - the most admirable animal for me!
    Brian,where has your plaid wearing ass been hiding?

I just got done reading about some global warming issues and I thought Brian's the man to ask for feedback.
    So as a Floridian,Scientist say I'm basically fucked on multiple fronts.Sea water flooding the peninsula,Sea water intrusion in water supply.Excessive ticks(who knew?)Basically the whole state is underwater by 2100.Im not so sure I agree with that timeline,but for this conversations sake let's say I do.
    By all accounts the preferred place to ride out the new climate for our children and their children will be pacific NW.I mean every article mentions this.There is no mention of how climate change will affect seismic activity on the North American Pacific North Western coast line.So I ask what if anything is expected on that front,do you know?It seems to be a missing factor.Also couldn't volcanic activity also disrupt these report with caustic ash and deem many area thought to be in good shape unliveable?After 2050 and beyond?

My thought, not that you asked lol, is that tje Great Lakes region will be a decent place to survive. Local water will last a millennium at least, and even if the weather is crazy erratic, food will grow and people will get by. Tje big problem facing the Great Lakes, aside from agri-pollution, is this: Who the fuck wants to live around here? lol
    My thought, not that you asked lol, is that tje Great Lakes region will be a decent place to survive. Local water will last a millennium at least, and even if the weather is crazy erratic, food will grow and people will get by. Tje big problem facing the Great Lakes, aside from agri-pollution, is this: Who the fuck wants to live around here? lol

Your not far off from what I read Gambs.And your input is always welcome.It said Detroit would be descent.The lakes will receed abit.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    There won't be any flooding on account of warming RR so don't sweat it. Another ice age is far more likely on the probability scale so all of us around the great lakes will be coming to find a spot down in Fla.
    Sea level is rising 3mm per year bud. That's not a prediction based on a computer model, or an estimate, or a projection... That's a measurement that is confirmed by one of the oldest tools in the kit, a ruler.
    BS44325 wrote: »
    There won't be any flooding on account of warming RR so don't sweat it. Another ice age is far more likely on the probability scale so all of us around the great lakes will be coming to find a spot down in Fla.

Maybe both at same time? Both have the same catalyst.
    I know "bud" but that 3mm rise doesn't happen in a vacuum. Carbon emission's effect on temperature doesn't happen in a vacuum. That is why scientists are currently puzzled by the slow rate of temperature change relative to the increase in emissions. What science is learning (as science must be re-evaluated) is that there must be more at play then man's actions alone. One can believe that man contributes to climate change while also recognizing that unknown feedback mechanisms might also exist to counter that change. One can believe that man contributes to climate change while also recognizing that solar activity might move in an opposite direction thereby making our effects insignificant. Our world has cycled through cold and warm periods over millions of years and even though man's actions are real they may still be no match for other natural effects at play. So grab a parka "bud" cause the probabilities state that when this warm period is over another ice age will be headed our way.
    These sorts of cycles play out over long periods of time, the temperature and sea level is rising and it is highly unlikely to stop in the next few centuries.
    There already IS flooding because of global warming, regardless of whether it is anthropogenic or not.
    BS44325 wrote: »
    I know "bud" but that 3mm rise doesn't happen in a vacuum. Carbon emission's effect on temperature doesn't happen in a vacuum. That is why scientists are currently puzzled by the slow rate of temperature change relative to the increase in emissions. What science is learning (as science must be re-evaluated) is that there must be more at play then man's actions alone. One can believe that man contributes to climate change while also recognizing that unknown feedback mechanisms might also exist to counter that change. One can believe that man contributes to climate change while also recognizing that solar activity might move in an opposite direction thereby making our effects insignificant. Our world has cycled through cold and warm periods over millions of years and even though man's actions are real they may still be no match for other natural effects at play. So grab a parka "bud" cause the probabilities state that when this warm period is over another ice age will be headed our way.

I agree with most of this.I still think both scenarios are created by the same variables.
    Sorry rgambs but where exactly IS this current global warming related flooding right now?
    Also rgambs where are we exactly on the cycles? Are we at the start of a warm period, the middle, or the end?
    Do I stay in the great lakes or do I move to florida? Your answers will guide my policy decisions.
    Well hell. I think we're gonna stay put in good old CA for now.

Mudslides and earthquakes and drought, oh my!

See you down in Arizona Bay >:/
    A round on me everybody! I started trouble in the Lounge, my bad! Let's all kick back and get ready for the weekend, it should be here in... :-??
    Well it will come around here in a few days lol
    Cheers!
    I would like to personally apologize to everyone on the Train Car Lounge. I have been notified by BrianLux that discussing science in the lounge creates conflict. This is his lounge and he makes the rules. Again my deepest apologies for bringing conflict into this lounge and for the offense my scientific response to rgambs might have caused.
    A round on me everybody! I started trouble in the Lounge, my bad! Let's all kick back and get ready for the weekend, it should be here in... :-??
    Well it will come around here in a few days lol
    Cheers!
    No trouble at all from here, gambo. But yes, I'll take one...well, I AM having one :D

BS, this thread's been a nice little haven for some of us. Hope you can help to keep it that way.
    edited February 2015
    Totally Hedo. I'm new to this lounge thing. Once again my bad. With time I will figure out the rules of what one can say and where they can say it. Cheers indeed!
    Post edited by BS44325 on