The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I just met Ozzy fucking Osbourne! And at Bristol Farms of all places :D

I'm not one to get starstruck but I cannot stop smiling.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    what is bristol farms? love me some oz
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Howdy, chadwick!

It's a chain of markets out here - where I usually get my dose of sushi.

I didn't realize he's so tiny! Like my height.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hedo that is BADASS!!!
    When I was a surgical assistant I worked for an orthopedic surgeon who's absolute favorite band/musician was the great and powerful Ozzy. We jammed Ozzy and NIN, REM and Sabbath all day long! I can't hear Ozzy without hearing a bonesaw in my head lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    gambs, I'm still smiling! He was nice as can be, too. Friendly eyes.

What a sweet sweet way to end the week.
    hedonist wrote: »
    Howdy, chadwick!

It's a chain of markets out here - where I usually get my dose of sushi.

I didn't realize he's so tiny! Like my height.

nicely

i shoulda worked for the man, in fact, i still should. i figure he shoulda phoned by now

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Eddie's not very big either, it's funny that men of such musical stature are often physically diminutive...I cant think of any great musical legends that I would consider a "large stature"

Random quote:
    "I don't neeeed no instructions to know how to rock!" -Carl Bratanananalewski
    leslie west

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    chadwick wrote: »
    leslie west

Yeah,but dude could jam some Mississippi Queen like no ones business.Rock on big man!
    Hedo,how fucking cool is that!!!! What a awesome encounter.Happy Friday to Hedo!

Ozzy is from the same area in Birmingham England my wife and her family are from.Although momma doesn't have an accent,my asshole father/Brother in law sounds just like him,like they got rocks in their cheeks when they talk.
    Back in Like 1980/81 I may or may not have written OZZY on my knuckles at school and thought it was so cool to rock that shit.He was the man back in day.You made me recall a very sad weekend I had many years ago.
    I had tickets to To Rock Super Bowl 17 at the Miami Orange Bowl.I was fucking stoked to see my favorite Singer/band other than Van Halen at the time.Foriegner,Bryan Adams,Sammy Hagar were also on the bill.The show was on Sunday........
    The morning before is when Randy Rhodes was killed in the plane accident just up the road in Lakeland Fl.Needless to say Ozzy canceled and I was devastated.Pat"Boom Boom"Travers took his spot on the bill.Still a good show but never the same.
    He came here last year with Sabbath and we were up front and Oz killed it.We caught him on a good night.It was fantastic.They are going to tour again this year.I suggest everyone check out the masters and arguably founders of metal.
    So I am toasting your good fortune this evening.Now where is the selfie I know you took w/him right?
    rgambs wrote: »
    Eddie's not very big either, it's funny that men of such musical stature are often physically diminutive...I cant think of any great musical legends that I would consider a "large stature"

Random quote:

Dio was a tiny man also,but huge voice.
    I've been in heaven all afternoon, rr! I texted my husband and he said the same as you - "selfie or it didn't happen". I just couldn't, plus I'm not a selfie-taker! But I did unconsciously touch his arm while speaking with him. He was a bit slurry / off, but made eye contact just fine, had a genuine smile.

Glad you finally got to see him live. Can't believe he's still performing!

And yes, the small stature thing, gambs. I hadn't even thought about that but when you mentioned it, I thought of Ed as well, and...Prince :D

Happy Friday to all!
  • rgambs wrote: »

Random quote:

Yeah! I remember at Bonnaroo when he came over near our side of the stage... I Just kept thinking...wow... How does all that " ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH" come outta that tiny human! IIIIIIIII outweigh him by almost twenty pounds!! Lmao! To me that's funny! But yeah what is it with musicians being tiny.. Or treally monstrously huge??? Like when I met Dee Snyder at a Bikers for Babies rally.. I felt like a gnat he was so huge! But very friendly, and very intelligent.. We talked Eco Science for hours! I loved meeting him! Always great when big name musicians like them are down to earth.. I'm jealous you got to meet the OZMAN!! But it made me smile for you Hedo! Have a great day all!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    doc-holliday-cup-spin-tombstone-o.gif
    Great scene! Love it! I have been to the Bird Cage Theatre where Doc and Wyatt got into these sorts of shenanigans.
    It's funny that in Tombstone Val Kilmer was amazing as Doc Holiday and Kurt Russell sucked as Wyatt Earp, whereas in Wyatt Earp, Kevin Costner was amazing as Wyatt Earp and Dennis Quaid sucked as Doc Holiday.
    And Kilmer kicked ass as Morrison.

I saw something earlier about him being hospitalized. Not sure if it's legit or not, but if so, hope he's alright.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Great scene! Love it! I have been to the Bird Cage Theatre where Doc and Wyatt got into these sorts of shenanigans.
    It's funny that in Tombstone Val Kilmer was amazing as Doc Holiday and Kurt Russell sucked as Wyatt Earp, whereas in Wyatt Earp, Kevin Costner was amazing as Wyatt Earp and Dennis Quaid sucked as Doc Holiday.

For any who find this story interesting, there's a great book call "Doc", written about Doc Holiday's life. Some of it is fictionalized, certainly, but there was a great amount of research. Author is Mary Doria Russell (who also wrote one of my favourite books, The Sparrow).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    No shit!? The Sparrow is an awesome novel, one of my favorites as well. I just read the sequel Children of God after christmas, it was really good too.
    I have family in Glenwood Springs CO so Doc Holiday is beloved in our family. I wil l have to check that book out, it was my understanding that his prowess as a gunfighter was exaggerated as were so many of legends of the wild west.
    No shit!? The Sparrow is an awesome novel, one of my favorites as well. I just read the sequel Children of God after christmas, it was really good too.
    I have family in Glenwood Springs CO so Doc Holiday is beloved in our family. I wil l have to check that book out, it was my understanding that his prowess as a gunfighter was exaggerated as were so many of legends of the wild west.

Ah, but it's his prowess as a dentist that was the important thing :D (Although just thinking about him having TB since his mid teens and coughing while working on his patients' mouths.....ewww).

Great to hear you liked The Sparrow. I also enjoyed Children of God but didn't find it as powerful.
    No, not as powerful. It really built promise with all the false assumptions from the first novel and the tragic miscommunications, but it failed to deliver in the end. It came pretty close though, and I am not sure what I would have had her do differently. I think she told the story how it had to be told, and it just couldn't match the first one. Great novels.

Imagine how good Tombstone would be with Costner and Kilmer together.
    edited February 2015
    Im your Huckleberry !

Kilmer killed this roll

And your right Hedo he was mesmerizing as JM.What a dark,seedy and trippy movie.Kilmer was perfect for the roll as Morrison.

Do you think Russel Crowe should play Vedder in a future Pearl Jam movie?
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    Yes RR! I think he is talented enough to pull together the mannerisms. He is a singer too, isn't he?
    e0d77c2d9ea729b9862e3d25ddf55352.jpg
    eddie_vedder.jpg
    eddie-vedder-and-russell-crowe-1.jpg
    h978CA09B
    eddie-vedder-jpg.jpg?w=600
    Yes RR! I think he is talented enough to pull together the mannerisms. He is a singer too, isn't he?

He is and its fucking spooky
  • I agree!! It is a bit spookkeh
    Uncanny for sure! I spent my afternoon trolling the PJ facebook page, talking shit about the superbowl and sports. People got some serious butthurt out of it and I was highly entertained! Tonight, some meatloaf and taters, then some scotch and an arty film with Scarlett Johansson.
    Rock on folks!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

lol you are right, but he´s looking much older now....
    kce8 wrote: »

lol you are right, but he´s looking much older now....

And a bit of a jerk, I think.