The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited February 2015
    2 random thoughts.The song Brother is very underrated.They should play it live more often and loud Damnit!

I was just listening to the boot cut of Detroit in 10/14 and the boys just broke into a couple min of Stranglehold from Nugent.Took my by surprise.Strange bedfellows,but I dig it.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Brother is as badass as Carlin, and that is sayin' something!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    A bowl full of "Gorilla Glue" ,Floyd cranking outThe Wall/ Run Like Hell in the background(Such a good fucking song) and A big ass cup of PF Changs Won Ton soup.Life is good on a wed night.
    Peace y'all.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Oh man, won ton (wanton? haha) soup sounds great at the moment. Had some pretty bad back pain this morning that caused me to come home early from work. My intent was to take an actual pain pill - which I hate taking - and opted for the green instead. Don't know how many times I've said it, but bless that herb and its availability.

Keep on keepin on, friend.
    Hope you feel better Hedo.Do you have a foam roller? Great for working out tight,stiff,pinching,inflamed areas.
  • Hope the green does its magic for YA Hefo. Pain sucks! Trust.. I live with it day in and day out.. No fun at all..
    Thanks, guys. Taking another day at home but a muscle relaxer is in my near future.

No foam roller, rr, but I use those thick stretchy resistance bands. They help some, but man do they stink.
    Hey loungers.Everyone having an exceptional evening?
    Im brewing some strawberry red grapefruit Nue Long green tea from Teavana with rock sugar.
    Shit is addicting.Everytime I go to the mall they suck me in for a new flavor.But it goes great with a chill evening and keeps me out of the beer fridge.If any of you are tea drinkers may I recommend Teavana Lavender Dreams.Great tea for right before bed.Ill leave some on the bar y'all help yourselves.
    Hope the green does its magic for YA Hefo. Pain sucks! Trust.. I live with it day in and day out.. No fun at all..

Whispering what ailment do you suffer from if it's not to personal?
    edited February 2015
    Gambs what's the latest on the Bambino?How far is Mrs bearded mountain Climber along?

Hedo hope you are feeling better.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    django+gif.gif
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited February 2015
    rr165892 wrote: »
    Hope the green does its magic for YA Hefo. Pain sucks! Trust.. I live with it day in and day out.. No fun at all..

About 17 years ago, I got crushed by a horse I was training. We rolled down a hill. She landed on me about three times, crushing my right hip, the joint section of my right knee, and destroying all the supportive cartilage in my right foot. So I have a plate in my hip, and a pin in my knee, and three pins in my right foot.. So thank God for the Green!!
    We have 9 weeks to go and we are superduper not ready lol! No classes, no packed bags, no carseat, no name, no clue what the fuck you do with an infant hahahaha
    I am ready to meet the little shithead, but I am afraid I'm gonna have a panic attack when the time comes. I need to get my hands on a xanny or two, a little pharmaceutical ace in the hole. I am not into pharms really, but I have a half-placebo trust in benzos...confidence is a beauty.

Anyway all is well!
    Your tea sounds delish, strawberry green tea has a delightful sound to it! Sounds like it would be a good mate with some vodka too.
  • rgambs wrote: »
    We have 9 weeks to go and we are superduper not ready lol! No classes, no packed bags, no carseat, no name, no clue what the fuck you do with an infant hahahaha
    I am ready to meet the little shithead, but I am afraid I'm gonna have a panic attack when the time comes. I need to get my hands on a xanny or two, a little pharmaceutical ace in the hole. I am not into pharms really, but I have a half-placebo trust in benzos...confidence is a beauty.

Anyway all is well!
    Your tea sounds delish, strawberry green tea has a delightful sound to it! Sounds like it would be a good mate with some vodka too.

You will forget all this when the day comes. It is magic you will love it. Congrats on your upcoming. Do you know if it is a boy or girl?
    It's a boy! I know it sounds crass, but he was showing proud in the ultrasounds lol. No questions or uncertainty there!
    gambs, if I may? PJfan, they are currently deciding on boys' names. I've made my vote known =)

rr, thank you, and is rock sugar like rock candy? If so, my mom has used that for tummy ailments since I was a baby. A bit sweet for me, but it sure works.

And WH - holy shit, sister. You humble me.

Edit to Jason - :cowboy: (not sure why I chose this one but it's new and seemed fitting)
    Dammit! The papa-to-be beat me to it.

About 17 years ago, I got crushed by a horse I was training. We rolled down a hill. She landed on me about three times, crushing my right hip, the joint section of my right knee, and destroying all the supportive cartilage in my right foot. So I have a plate in my hip, and a pin in my knee, and three pins in my right foot.. So thank God for the Green!!

Well damn.You got busted up good.Thanks for sharing.You should have shared that with us on the thread about missing fingers and bad injuries.We woulda made you member of our little club.You qualify.fo sure.

Are you currently training or doing yoga or Pilates to heal and strengthen those areas?
    How was the Horse?
    rgambs wrote: »

Anyway all is well!

Nah,you won't need it.You'll be numb and a little overwhelmed but you want to be clear.When your kid is born you will be higher then you have ever been in your life and that my friend is so much better.
    Actually you should have that bag ready and the car seat now.Just in case.All the other stuff will fall into place as it needs to.
    Hedo,yeah it's like rock candy.Beat sugar maybe???
    I grab a little nibble as well.I had no idea It has healing powers.
    I shall give it a go when in need.thx
    It supposed to have a much lower Glycemic index then regular sugar and raw sugar
  • rgambs wrote: »
    It's a boy!

Awesome.

If you are staying overnight bring your own pillow from home. (And your wife would appreciate that gesture if you brought hers too)

• rr165892 wrote: »

Well damn.You got busted up good.Thanks for sharing.You should have shared that with us on the thread about missing fingers and bad injuries.We woulda made you member of our little club.You qualify.fo sure.

Are you currently training or doing yoga or Pilates to heal and strengthen those areas?
    How was the Horse?

Sadly the horse didn't make it, she suffered a broken back and two broken legs. It really is a fucked up story. Here's what happened. I was living in Quapaw Ok, working on a 25 acre training facility, leading it with an option to buy. I was pretty young, but licensed and had my behavioral Sciences degree to boot. A friend in Cali, ( long time family friend) had a daughter that I'd grown up around, ( I actually used to babysit her, she was a crazy insane cool kid!) and she was getting into Competitive Mountain Trail class riding. Imagine Hidalgo.. But crossing over mountain ridges. You get a topographical map, that has a series of mandatory check in stations that you have a minimum time by which to get there. You have so many amount of days to get from Alpha launch, to Landing Zone. Without missing any of your designated check ins. Best time wins. So you get a TOPO map, series of marked points you MUST reach by certain time frames, and hopefully a very astute horse, and a good sense of direction. You are allowed a Sexton and a compass. No other navigation tools. That is what I was training her horse for. This type of riding requires a horse that is passionate about civering ground, but pin point accurate in obedience as well. It's a very intense form of competition and requires superb bonds of trust between horse and rider. I was riding with the horse's owner on a highly skilled Trail Class horse while I was schooling HER horse on how to edge uphill. She and her mount made it up smooth as silk, her personal horse fought me on holding a true line. She didn't trust me. And she tested, on a very narrow 8 inch wide ledge, and turned... She literally kinda jumped off a cliff on a way.. We free fell about ten feet, and she crushedy hip,, we rolled to the bottom of the hill, although after that first landing, I'd passed out.. I was pinned between her and a log. She was stuck on her back, and suffocated to death by the rescue team arrived. I literally heard that horse take her last breath.. It was horrible.. I woke up nineteen days later.. In an ICU unit, with my dad at the foot of my bed praying.. Was a really bad time.
  • And yes I love Yoga. It is immensely helpful!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Oh whispering hands... that´s so horrific... I can´t imagine how crazy hard times you have had to go through and also your parents...These 19 days must have been the horror for them.
    I´m very sorry to hear that this still does affect you so much! For how many years are you struggeling with that now?

How was the Horse?

Sadly the horse didn't make it, she suffered a broken back and two broken legs. It really is a fucked up story. Here's what happened. I was living in Quapaw Ok, working on a 25 acre training facility, leading it with an option to buy. I was pretty young, but licensed and had my behavioral Sciences degree to boot. A friend in Cali, ( long time family friend) had a daughter that I'd grown up around, ( I actually used to babysit her, she was a crazy insane cool kid!) and she was getting into Competitive Mountain Trail class riding. Imagine Hidalgo.. But crossing over mountain ridges. You get a topographical map, that has a series of mandatory check in stations that you have a minimum time by which to get there. You have so many amount of days to get from Alpha launch, to Landing Zone. Without missing any of your designated check ins. Best time wins. So you get a TOPO map, series of marked points you MUST reach by certain time frames, and hopefully a very astute horse, and a good sense of direction. You are allowed a Sexton and a compass. No other navigation tools. That is what I was training her horse for. This type of riding requires a horse that is passionate about civering ground, but pin point accurate in obedience as well. It's a very intense form of competition and requires superb bonds of trust between horse and rider. I was riding with the horse's owner on a highly skilled Trail Class horse while I was schooling HER horse on how to edge uphill. She and her mount made it up smooth as silk, her personal horse fought me on holding a true line. She didn't trust me. And she tested, on a very narrow 8 inch wide ledge, and turned... She literally kinda jumped off a cliff on a way.. We free fell about ten feet, and she crushedy hip,, we rolled to the bottom of the hill, although after that first landing, I'd passed out.. I was pinned between her and a log. She was stuck on her back, and suffocated to death by the rescue team arrived. I literally heard that horse take her last breath.. It was horrible.. I woke up nineteen days later.. In an ICU unit, with my dad at the foot of my bed praying.. Was a really bad time.

Wow,just wow!!!
    Such big beautiful animals,strong.Having one land on me does not sound pleasant.Im glad you made it.Sorry about the horse.
    One of my assistants has a daughter who is a trainer.She is always busting something or getting beat up by her horse work.It makes her tough as nails.
    Glad to hear you are doing some yoga to keep your bionic parts moving as smooth as possible.Can you weight train,or is that to much?
  • Yeah. But the cool thing is. Having horses be 'in my blood' as we say in the horse world has made me a very strong person. Because rule one in working with horses, is this: if you are within striking range,( which by the way is ten feet circumference of the horse; standard.) you are 75% liable to get injured. The reason I lve horses and being around them so much is because it is SUCH an incredibly unique dynamic that makes up the relationship. It is literally a situation in which the predator is riding along on the prey.. Very unique!!! And while horses have keen hearing, though not as great as some would think with those giant ears, and extremely keen smell, ( obviously....) they have very poor eye sight, and monocular vision at that.. So they get freaked out easily. They can't see their feet unless their head is at a right angle to their shoulders, they can't see shit for five feet I front of themselves, unless they are focusing directly in front of their field of vision,; then they can see things three feet out, but nothing I between that 3ft and their own bodies. They can't see their backs unless they turn their heads towards it. ( which is why they reach around to nibble on our feet while we're up thre.. They're 'seeing whose up there') and obviously they they can't see behind themselves.. They also see concave. Like the back of a spoon. ( small on the edges, and HUGE in the center, which is why if things move like paper or something, they freak the guck
    Out! Lol poor creatures! But I just love them! I still ride as I can, and one day plan to have another horse to hang out with. They make very loyal companions,once they trust you completely..

As for weight training, I can do some in small increments, but it strains the bones, so I do water workouts for muscle training. It's much less strenuous and just as beneficial. And yeah my poor dad.. He's put up with a lot of my craziness over the years.. He calls me his crazy hippie child! Lol so I do what I can as I can.. But horses will always be in my blood.. On that note... I found the school I want to go to!! They do large and small animal, and.. Best of all, it's right here in the Springs!! Yay!!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Yeah. But the cool thing is. Having horses be 'in my blood' as we say in the horse world has made me a very strong person. Because rule one in working with horses, is this: if you are within striking range,( which by the way is ten feet circumference of the horse; standard.) you are 75% liable to get injured. The reason I lve horses and being around them so much is because it is SUCH an incredibly unique dynamic that makes up the relationship. It is literally a situation in which the predator is riding along on the prey.. Very unique!!! And while horses have keen hearing, though not as great as some would think with those giant ears, and extremely keen smell, ( obviously....) they have very poor eye sight, and monocular vision at that.. So they get freaked out easily. They can't see their feet unless their head is at a right angle to their shoulders, they can't see shit for five feet I front of themselves, unless they are focusing directly in front of their field of vision,; then they can see things three feet out, but nothing I between that 3ft and their own bodies. They can't see their backs unless they turn their heads towards it. ( which is why they reach around to nibble on our feet while we're up thre.. They're 'seeing whose up there') and obviously they they can't see behind themselves.. They also see concave. Like the back of a spoon. ( small on the edges, and HUGE in the center, which is why if things move like paper or something, they freak the guck
    Out! Lol poor creatures! But I just love them! I still ride as I can, and one day plan to have another horse to hang out with. They make very loyal companions,once they trust you completely..

As for weight training, I can do some in small increments, but it strains the bones, so I do water workouts for muscle training. It's much less strenuous and just as beneficial. And yeah my poor dad.. He's put up with a lot of my craziness over the years.. He calls me his crazy hippie child! Lol so I do what I can as I can.. But horses will always be in my blood.. On that note... I found the school I want to go to!! They do large and small animal, and.. Best of all, it's right here in the Springs!! Yay!!

Great news on the school, and good luck with your application. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to school you go.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited February 2015
    Brian,I see you put away the acoustic and have plugged in.I can see you like the strat feel.Whatcha got ?
    It looks like he's eating it!

I miss the hippie van shot though =)