The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    rr165892 wrote: »
    Brian,I see you put away the acoustic and have plugged in.I can see you like the strat feel.Whatcha got ?

It's a Fender Red Velvet Cake-- YUM!

No, actually its an early 80's Japanese Squire Strat with humbucking pickups I helped my nephew buy for about $200 for him to learn on in 1993. About 5 or 6 years later he told me he had given up all interest in playing and was there any chance I would give him the $200 to buy it back from him. I almost died! "OH MY GOD YES!", I told him. He was super stoked to have the dough and I have totally loved that guitar forever. I love the way it sounds, feels, looks plays more so than any other guitar I've ever had including the USA Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Studio and Epiphone Dot I used to have and the '72 Blonde replica Fender semi-hollow body with dual humbuckers I still have. My second favorite electric is my First Act Paul Westerberg model with plaid pick guard which originally came in a cardboard box and cost something like $129.00

Hey, I've been meaning to ask- where'd the smileys go?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Smiles said a collective fuck you!

To them, I say this (and wow and holy shit, Ms. F =) )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qslZff3ypvM
    She covered Hard Day's Night too? Love this woman.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    So PJ wins another(2nd) Grammy.
    Damn no speech by ED."Im not sure this means anything".Inwonder if 20 years changes his feeling.Jeff takes pride in his art.Im looking forward to hearing some back story
    I won't be watching...based on your comment, did they win for album art?

Seems not as many these days put much effort into that side of it.
    edited February 2015
    Hey Brian,I got busy and forgot to respond to the guitar stuff.I haven't played in about 9 years.I was jamming with some guys and they wanted to do club/bar shows and at the time it would have meant no Friday night football games(My sons).I couldn't have that.So I quit playing with them and just quit playing all together.I miss it.Im thinking about picking it back up,but I forgot everything so who knows.
    I can relate to your Red Velvet.I have a "Butters"It a butterscotch American strat that I put original pick ups in and changed out the neck from maple to rosewood.Great action and sustain that goes on for miles.Its my baby.Butthe best rocking guitar I have is a 2005 PRS custom 22.It has the bird inlays on the fret board.I run it thru a dirty channel on a Mesa Boogie dual rectifier no other distortion is needed.Its grungy and raw and will rip the skin off your face and paint off the walls.I kinda want to play now.damn
    I will post up a pic one of these days.Butters is a beauty.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Those PRS customs are awesome! My buddy has a custom 22 and a Mark Tremonti. Badass guitars, the Tremonti is nicer but I prefer the action of the 22. Bird inlays on both, 22 is a dark red sunburst and the Tremonti is a pale natural finish. Im jelly, but I have a spalted maple American Telecaster that holds its own.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rr165892 said:

Hey Brian,I got busy and forgot to respond to the guitar stuff.I haven't played in about 9 years.I was jamming with some guys and they wanted to do club/bar shows and at the time it would have meant no Friday night football games(My sons).I couldn't have that.So I quit playing with them and just quit playing all together.I miss it.Im thinking about picking it back up,but I forgot everything so who knows.
    I can relate to your Red Velvet.I have a "Butters"It a butterscotch American strat that I put original pick ups in and changed out the neck from maple to rosewood.Great action and sustain that goes on for miles.Its my baby.Butthe best rocking guitar I have is a 2005 PRS custom 22.It has the bird inlays on the fret board.I run it thru a dirty channel on a Mesa Boogie dual rectifier no other distortion is needed.Its grungy and raw and will rip the skin off your face and paint off the walls.I kinda want to play now.damn
    I will post up a pic one of these days.Butters is a beauty.

Butters sounds great,rr! I saw a butterscotch tele in our local music shop awhile back and had to stay away- I don't need another guitar, LOL! It sounds like you've got some nice gear. I hope you get a chance to pick it up again!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

rgambs said:

Those PRS customs are awesome! My buddy has a custom 22 and a Mark Tremonti. Badass guitars, the Tremonti is nicer but I prefer the action of the 22. Bird inlays on both, 22 is a dark red sunburst and the Tremonti is a pale natural finish. Im jelly, but I have a spalted maple American Telecaster that holds its own.

An American Tele, rgambs! Nice!

I found it was a great way to relax.Maybe someday soon I can get my head and fingers back in it.
    I still have boxes full of tabs.Good way to jog the memory.
    Gambs,I've never Owned a Tele.But man they sound is awesome with those guitars.Such a soulful tone.I almost bought one years ago but instead I made the stupid decision to ruin a strat by modifying the body.I Wanted a Kirk Hammett /Metallica sound So I thought it would be cool to Put in dual active EMG hum buckers.Didnt really like the sound afterward.I learned my lesson though,Only vintage Fender noiseless pick ups after that.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Some really cool motherfuckers on this board. Cheers.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen said:

Including the awesome "Dashboard" Callen!

Cheers, Callen! :smile:

• This train sure has comfy seats. The amount of windows on this lounge car sure does let travellers have a view. Some passengers choose to read at times while sipping on a coffee should they wish. - comfortable. Good evening everyone.
    Hey Barkeep! Please put my drink tonight on rr's tab.
    callen said:

Agreed!

Waiting for the husband to get home, and watching a documentary on sinkholes. That shit is scary! And humbling too, what this earth can and does do.

"Sorry, folks! Your home, your car, your land, your body...literally nothing more to see here."

Oh, and nice shifting on the tab, PJfan =)
    edited February 2015
    I just watched a show on this place.Its called Little Salt Spring.Its a sink hole outside Tampa FL,that's thousands of years old.Everything at the bottom stays Finley preserved.They have already found over 1000 human Skeletons.water temp stays at 73 degrees all year.Pretty cool stuff.
    http://archaeology.about.com/od/lterms/qt/Little-Salt-Spring-Florida.htm

Pjfan.What did you order?
  • rr165892 said:

I just watched a show on this place.Its called Little Salt Spring.Its a sink hole outside Tampa FL,that's thousands of years old.Everything at the bottom stays Finley preserved.They have already found over 1000 human Skeletons.water temp stays at 73 degrees all year.Pretty cool stuff.
    http://archaeology.about.com/od/lterms/qt/Little-Salt-Spring-Florida.htm

Pjfan.What did you order?

Bartenders choice of course.
    Damn, that last one is a beautiful but eerie shot. Looks like much of this occurs in Florida!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,171
    edited February 2015
    Florida is a fascinating State glad I live here....the Atlantic Ocean waves were gorgeous today while at work.

The Treasure Coast

Hello everyone let share this with you....

My daughter a freshman is off at school studying computer science CSI @ University of Maryland.....she wants to prevent cyber hacking attacks in the future she tells me. Anyway, she texts me today asking me to send her money to buy keys for her work study in computers.I then asked her how much but instead of waiting for an answer I decided to go to my bank and transfer some money. Then it suddenly dawned on me I can do that on my phone instantley.

I sent her more than she probably needed just like that. Then I remembered when i used to call home for money from my mom. Man, I had to wait a several days for that little money to come by mail. Wow, times have changed. Being a single parent raising her from she was 3 it made me smile I could instantly solve her little dilemma.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited February 2015
    g under p said:

Florida is a fascinating State glad I live here....the Atlantic Ocean waves were gorgeous today while at work.

The Treasure Coast

My daughter a freshman is off at school studying computer science CSI @ University of Maryland.....she wants to prevent cyber hacking attacks in the future she tells me. Anyway, she texts me today asking me to send her money to buy keys for her work study in computers.I then asked her how much but instead of waiting for an answer I decided to go to my bank and transfer some money. Then it suddenly dawned on me I can do that on my phone instantley.

I sent her more than she probably needed just like that. Then I remembered when i used to call home for money from my mom. Man, I had to wait a several days for that little money to come by mail. Wow, times have changed. Being a single parent raising her from she was 3 it made me smile I could instantly solve her little dilemma.

Peace

We are lucky G,the 561 is a special place .But winter is coming this weekend.shit!I cruised by Juno/Jupiter beach twice today myself.
    g under p said:

The Treasure Coast

Peace

Well done, dad!

It really is a changing world. Last year we went to a family reunion and my wife gave our niece who works for a bank our check to cover our share of expenses. The niece took out her cell phone, took a picture of the check and said, "OK, it's in my account now." Good grief! I'm waiting for the day I can just visualize money and have it pad my bank account, haha!

edited February 2015
    g, I'm so glad you edited that post. The link was messed up at first and I was hoping the further text was yours. Nice to know it was.

Being a good father is one of the greatest gifts (not to mention examples) a daughter can receive. It's not about money, it's about being there, listening, setting a standard.

(same goes for you, B )

Anyway, cheers to my fellow passengers.
    Watching Inside Comedy (I LOVE this show), I've realized older Eric Idle resembles George Harrison, with a splash of Jeremy Clarkson.
    Happy Friday all.
    May your weekend be awesome and full of joy.

I have to do work bullshit.ehhh

I'm stuck running up to Orlando for an industry expo/trade show,And dinner.(It's in the 30s up there tonight,fuck)I hate the small talk,Cocktail party drunk sales rep bullshit.I usually avoid going to these things but every 5 years or so I have to make an appearance.I skip the golf outings and continuing Ed classes so hopefully quick browse thru exhibits and booths,shake a few hands of people looking to do buisness with us,negotiate some new deals with suppliers and back by sat night doing Saki Bombs at our local watering hole/Sushi bar.Then of course the dreaded taking momma to the "movie"on Sunday.lol I'm sure it will pay dividends anyway.

Good news at least my son and his lady friend are coming down from Tallahasee to join us for some cocktails.So I guess not all bad.

Peace loungers.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    rr165892 said:

Happy Friday all.

I'm stuck running up to Orlando for an industry expo/trade show,And dinner.(It's in the 30s up there tonight,fuck)I hate the small talk,Cocktail party drunk sales rep bullshit.I usually avoid going to these things but every 5 years or so I have to make an appearance.I skip the golf outings and continuing Ed classes so hopefully quick browse thru exhibits and booths,shake a few hands of people looking to do buisness with us,negotiate some new deals with suppliers and back by sat night doing Saki Bombs at our local watering hole/Sushi bar.Then of course the dreaded taking momma to the "movie"on Sunday.lol I'm sure it will pay dividends anyway.

Good news at least my son and his lady friend are coming down from Tallahasee to join us for some cocktails.So I guess not all bad.

Peace loungers.

Aren't those types of events the worst!? They are like the party of the year to the frat guy turned used car salesman types. Ick. Smarmy bastards in their natural environment gladhanding each other...meanwhile folks like us want to kick back smoke a J and jam some Fighters of Foo or PJ, something artistic with balls AND class.
    Jason P said:

JP, your taste in comedies and the GIFs you post are friggen awesome. I literally laughed out loud when I saw Diedrich Bader with a mullet in the lottery thread, and heard in my head "Two chicks at the same time"
    edited February 2015
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Happy Friday all.

Peace loungers.

Aren't those types of events the worst!? They are like the party of the year to the frat guy turned used car salesman types. Ick. Smarmy bastards in their natural environment gladhanding each other...meanwhile folks like us want to kick back smoke a J and jam some Fighters of Foo or PJ, something artistic with balls AND class.
    Smarmy is the word for sure.
    And to the last part I've brought provisions with,So I got that covered.Of course we fought Foo and freed Alice from her chains ,Had some Johny Cash cranking on the way up.
  • You guys rock !!!' Have a superb weekend everyone!!