• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    OK, I'll humor you on that, BS.

Cheers back, genuinely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMSW7gwMCcc
  • Sometimes it is best when others speak for you in the lounge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFlBM60x4OI
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    kce8 wrote: »
    Just for fun this morning, a little video of orcas giving themselves belly massages on the pebbles at a beach near Campbell River, about 3 hours north of Victoria.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/02/02/bc-orcas-beach-rubbing-video_n_6587324.html

Wow, ....this is what I dream about since maybe 1990 !!!
    I never saw something like this or even just one Orca and I think I would have not being able to get out just one word in this situation...Dreaming about travelling to Vencouver Island or any other place in the world just to see Orcas in free nature...I hope someday this will become true! They are so beautiful - the most admirable animal for me!

Would be happy to see you here, kce8, and you too hedonist. I've seen orcas many times, often from the deck of BC Ferries when I'm traveling between Vancouver and Victoria. I've also seen humpbacks, with the closest encounter a few years back when we were kayaking off Haida Gwai (Queen Charlotte Islands) as part of a sailing trip. I've never seen the belly rubs, though.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • kce8 wrote: »
    Just for fun this morning, a little video of orcas giving themselves belly massages on the pebbles at a beach near Campbell River, about 3 hours north of Victoria.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/02/02/bc-orcas-beach-rubbing-video_n_6587324.html

I never saw something like this or even just one Orca and I think I would have not being able to get out just one word in this situation...Dreaming about travelling to Vencouver Island or any other place in the world just to see Orcas in free nature...I hope someday this will become true! They are so beautiful - the most admirable animal for me!

Would be happy to see you here, kce8, and you too hedonist. I've seen orcas many times, often from the deck of BC Ferries when I'm traveling between Vancouver and Victoria. I've also seen humpbacks, with the closest encounter a few years back when we were kayaking off Haida Gwai (Queen Charlotte Islands) as part of a sailing trip. I've never seen the belly rubs, though.

Good old sunshine breakfast.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

Thank you oftenreading! Now I realize where you happy man are living!
    Congratulations for living in such a great place of nature from the middle of boring Germany! :)
    We have 2 big framed posters in our apartment and my son´s first stuffed animal was a big `Steiff´ Orca! I maybe showed him every existing documentation about orcas in his childhood, lol
    I love this beautiful beings but I will never go to a dolphinarium and surely not support showing whales in captivity ! So I think this will be a dream forever bc it´s just so far away and since it´s all changing for me it´s all about time and money for the next time...
    Anyways, this animals are just so adorable ! They always let me remember the excellent power of nature and this feeling of being nothing else as just another race of animal in this world. :)>-
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    (:\"> Sorry again for my genglish....)

This enthusiasm for Vancouver Island just came from some of this documentations I saw and loved. Now I realized that I just have to take time to watch them all again...
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs wrote: »
    A round on me everybody! I started trouble in the Lounge, my bad! Let's all kick back and get ready for the weekend, it should be here in... :-??
    Well it will come around here in a few days lol
    Cheers!
    Did you say weekend? Doing my math it's Tuesday morning and Thurs at happy hour is the official start/Gateway to the weekend. So just over 48 hrs.Totally doable.Time to start planning.

Good old sunshine breakfast.

Pacific buffet all the way.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,137
    Who's serving ill take a Stella on tap please and pass some peanuts ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    STELLA!!!!
    Try this Funky Buhda Brewery "Floridian".
    Very smooth and easy Drinking
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Floridian is just a groovy word. It really rolls off the tongue, like a one-word poem.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    A lot Buffet fans down here like to use the term Floribian.(Florida/Caribean).Every restaurant that has the beachy thing going on,loves to add that word to the menus
    Have some slow and low honey garlic teriyaki chix Breasts w/sweet Potatoes and Green Beans on deck.I must seek sustenance.
    Sounds closer to decadence than sustenance, enjoy!
    I don't mind stealing honey garlic teriyaki chicken breasts, from the mouths of decadents.
    Sounds closer to decadence than sustenance, enjoy!
    I don't mind stealing honey garlic teriyaki chicken breasts, from the mouths of decadents.

My cup is already full! My favorite Album of all time.
    I usually do a homemade sweet and hot dry rub bbq on my slow and low bone in breasts.after a 12 hr + vinegar/sugar/salt/H20 brine.Its way better then the messiness I created tonight.It tasted fine but jeez it was a bit saucy.
    I found a copy in my pld man's vinyl collection, he said it was a promo copy. It is warped and sounds aweful, but I still spin it now and then. I like it better than Backspacer, but otherwise it's not one of my favorites. There's a sheet in the sleeve with a full page "essay" of sorts, is that something that came with all of them?
    Bloody smilies are fucked again. But I laughed, dammit!

The dinner sounds great, rr (though I'm not a sweet potato fan).

Random thought - it's challenging to take a cat seriously when she meows oh-so earnestly and the tip of her tongue sticks out afterward. I was also reminded earlier that we've bought more furniture for our two felines than we have for ourselves.

And what a full moon! Earlier it rose yellow and bright.

Years ago, a fellow poster - sweet and smart young lady - sent me a cd (yes, a cd! We're talking early 2000's) of mixed rare PJ, and one of the tracks was an improv called On the Moon. That was one of the lyrics, at least - sweet and romantic, kind of like "Untitled". I have yet to find it online but I hear it in my head every time the sky yields this kind of view.
    Well hell! I found it. Not sure if mp3's work here, but fuck it.

This chick's a-smiling right now.

http://www.pearljamonline.it/SongOfTheMonth/winter2010/Moon Improv.mp3
    I found a copy in my pld man's vinyl collection, he said it was a promo copy. It is warped and sounds aweful, but I still spin it now and then. I like it better than Backspacer, but otherwise it's not one of my favorites. There's a sheet in the sleeve with a full page "essay" of sorts, is that something that came with all of them?

"I found a copy in my old mans Vinyl collection.Your killing me Gambs.
    When the greatness that is Temple of The Dog is considered part of another generations classics record stash.that's just wrong.
    But i Guess that is how you would look at it being born just a couple years before it was released.Shit that means Van Halen must be ...........Nevermind.lol

I won't ask if he had Billy Squier and Ratt on vinyl as well.

Wicked cool Hedo.Sounds like you got one of those rare treats.I felt the same about Angel.Those couple songs (that we will not mention ) that got leaked a couple years ago are kinda the same mystical finds.
    Yesterday when I was driving home from work I was listening to PJ Radio on Sirius and they were playing the bootleg of a concert in Stockholm on Feb 7, 1992. When they got to the end of their set, the crowd was cheering and clapping and yelling for more, and Ed eventually said "We've only got one album, we don't have any more songs!". After a little more cheering, he said something like "I guess we could make some up". A couple of false starts, then the band got into a nice groove and he started ad-libbing some lyrics, initially just sort of "mmm hmmm", then a few words, then some actual lyrics. It ended up with lines like "Stockholm, I don't want to go home" (or words to that effect - my memory for lyrics heard once isn't great). It was fun to hear and I wonder if it wasn't one of their first improvs.
    See, this is what I love about this place and its beautiful inhabitants.

Music, breaths heard and felt, voice resonated, bass knocked up the butt, grooves, whatever we may take from it - give to it? - and then just absorbing it.

It's pretty fucking cool that a band has had such effect.

All this said while watching Carlin talking about stupid shit. Not actually stupid shit, but Carlin-labelled as such.

I suck (insert toothy-smiling asshole).
    hedonist wrote: »

Music, breaths heard and felt, voice resonated, bass knocked up the butt, grooves, whatever we may take from it - give to it? - and then just absorbing it.

All this said while watching Carlin talking about stupid shit. Not actually stupid shit, but Carlin-labelled as such.

Hedo you watch a lot of Carlin.
    If you are into laughing,go to Netflix and watch either of Iliza Slessingers specials.Really good stuff.
    Things are already pretty heated here on the train this morning, so here's something for perspective - a shot of what the Andromeda galaxy would look like in our night sky, if it were a bit brighter. The universe continues on.

http://www.iflscience.com/space/what-andromeda-would-look-night-if-it-were-brighter
    I'll see your Andromeda, and raise you a doppelganger: Two Neil Youngs singing Old Man
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H6otmy3DAK8
    rr165892 wrote: »
    hedonist wrote: »

Hedo you watch a lot of Carlin.
    If you are into laughing,go to Netflix and watch either of Iliza Slessingers specials.Really good stuff.
    I remember searching her out awhile back at your recommendation...pretty good (and typically, I don't tend toward female comedians).

Galaxies,Seeing double with Neil,and comedy.A typical smooth morning in the lounge.I hope everyone is having an exceptional day.