The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    hedonist wrote: »
    Callen's dashboard?

My guy despises the Eagles (except for the covers of Hotel California by either Igor Presnyakov or Cornell). In fact, gonna put that on now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just something soothing about Joe Walsh bending strings and Frey or Henleys smooth dessert dirty voices.
    rgambs wrote: »
    We watched one recently, maybe titled "Children of Hitler", maybe not I csnt remember...it was really good, it was about the grandchildren of nazis (SS guys, some of the big daddies like Goethe and Himmler) trying to pry secrets from their parents and deal with their legacy. Very good and not crazy morbid. The Himmlers I believe it was, they decided to sterilize themselves and end the family line!

Sounds interesting.You don't think of the black mark that would scar generations of family with via name association.Kinda like Imagine your Dahmers brother,Madoffs son,Bin Ladens sister etc
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited January 2015
    RR is indeed dashboard of my old Chevy. All analog and a time machine. Hop in, turn key and become 17.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Love the Chevy's! Old and new (but not the "new" Camaros)

I know Corgan's not loved so much 'round these parts, but he and Manson just rocked the Beautiful People.
    On a separate note........ =D>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIzAaBehT7A
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    ^^^ Nice! :-bd
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    PJ Song at TV just now!
    Last Song in the movie 50/50 - first time I saw it and was just surprised to hear Yellow Ledbetter at the end! Nice finnish for this evening as it´s very late now.
    Good Night everybody!
    We saw "Eat Pray Love" last night and that surprised me in a number of ways. Firstly, I expected it to be a mushy new-agey type of affair. It did border on mushy in places but over-all, I was pleasantly surprised and liked the movie a lot. Secondly, I hadn't realized some of the music was Neil Young and some was Eddie Vedder. That was cool.

Now I want to see a rocking version of this movie. Maybe call it, "Devour, Get in the Zone, and Get Down". You know, with songs like "Rocking in the Free World" and "Go".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux wrote: »
    We saw "Eat Pray Love" last night I hadn't realized some of the music was Neil Young and some was Eddie Vedder.

Really?
    brianlux wrote: »
    We saw "Eat Pray Love" last night I hadn't realized some of the music was Neil Young and some was Eddie Vedder.

Really?

Well shoot, man, I can't know everything. :-))

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I didn't know that either! I guess I tune out when I think of something as being for the "dancing with the stars" crowd.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Well, I'm nicely buzzed and taking in some Mitch Hedberg.

Nothing like laughing to the point of tears.
    rgambs wrote: »
    I didn't know that either! I guess I tune out when I think of something as being for the "dancing with the stars" crowd.

Yeah, this one looked like too many lotus petals and Chic Flix appeal for me but my wife wanted to see it so we gave it a go. There were a few yawn moments, and it's definitely about someone with First World problems but still, I gave it thumbs up. Nice sound track too, of course.

edited January 2015
    Bri,wear that shit proudly!!!!!!!

I get sucked in all the time with no regrets.I watched Devil wears Prada today for like the 50th time,Loved ,August of Osage County which I watched again last week.The Other Woman was entertaining also.Love Leslie Mann movies.

Every Sunday I very much look forward to Downton Abbey,been watching that for years.I drag momma to plenty of "Dude" movies.I owe her.
    rr165892 wrote: »
    Bri,wear that shit proudly!!!!!!!

I get sucked in all the time with no regrets.I watched Devil wears Prada today for like the 50th time,Loved ,August of Osage County which I watched again last week.The Other Woman was entertaining also.Love Leslie Mann movies.

Every Sunday I very much look forward to Downton Abbey,been watching that for years.I drag momma to plenty of "Dude" movies.I owe her.

hahaha! Yeah, why not!

My sweetheart goes off to the coast for her lady-friend's annual retreat for five days each summer and that's when I load up with a bunch of rock movies, end-of-the-world disaster flicks and bullshit action films. At home together we do watch a lot comedy romance stuff a of the time. There actually are some really good ones. But for GOD'S SAKE, don't let that get around too much. hahaha!

Coriolanus for me tonight, for the umpteenth time. Never gets old.
  • rgambs wrote: »
    Coriolanus for me tonight, for the umpteenth time. Never gets old.

Point form please.
    What do you mean? rgambs
    That's the movie I'm watching tonight! Right now.
    "I am known to be a humorous patrician, and one that loves a cup of hot wine with not a drop of allaying Tiber in't...one that converses more with the buttock of the night than the forehead of the morning. What I think, I utter, and spend my malice in my breath"
    The deeds of Coriolanus should not be uttered feebly. It is held that Valor is the chiefest virtue, and most dignifies the haver. If it be, the man I speak of cannot in the world be singly counterpoised... From face,to,foot he was a thing of blood, whose every motion was timed with dying cries.
  • so, you say what?
    What? Now I'm confused.
    Say what?

^^^ (attempted PJFan cryptic post, haha!)

You common cry of curs, whose breath I hate As reek o' the rotten fens, whose loves I prize As the dead carcasses of unburied men
    That do corrupt my air, I banish you!
    You common cry of curs, whose breath I hate As reek o' the rotten fens, whose loves I prize As the dead carcasses of unburied men
    That do corrupt my air, I banish you!

It is easier to just say bye.
    >:)
    Anger is my meat. I sup upon myself, and so shall starve with feeding!
    >:)
    Anger is my meat. I sup upon myself, and so shall starve with feeding!

So do you want meat or not?
    Only on fridays!

So what your saying in a quick recap here is.....

Your face saw your foot and it looked like meat which when eatin makes your breath reek of rotten fens and you do this while hangin with unburied carcasses.right?
    Does one hold a turkey leg and challis of wine while pontificating in olde English .