The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    ^^^ Oh no! Ladies glasses! Haha!! :-D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Brian,I hope you did not forget the garnish and the little umbrella.And I'm pretty sure you shoulda been drinking from a glass shaped like Buddha.
  • I love you guys hugs all round!!
    Whatcha in a sappy mood today Whispering ???
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    RR says he 'a buying!! G&T please. No not the rot gut. On RR REMEMBER.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote: »
    RR says he 'a buying!! G&T please. No not the rot gut. On RR REMEMBER.

Dude,top shelf for you all the way.Shit make it a double.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    sleepin-child-collage-fy.jpg

A youthful existence

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Does the little dude on the left have a 'hawk? Adorable.

Came home earlier with a fever and what felt like the flu. Still feel crappy-ish but if it was the flu, I think it'd be in full-force by now. So, this is good; I can handle it. And it's the weekend, so sleep and rest are on the horizon.

rr, I need some of gambs' top-shelf stuff, please!

Also, I'd kill for some hot & sour soup.
    hedonist wrote: »
    Does the little dude on the left have a 'hawk? Adorable.

Came home earlier with a fever and what felt like the flu. Still feel crappy-ish but if it was the flu, I think it'd be in full-force by now. So, this is good; I can handle it. And it's the weekend, so sleep and rest are on the horizon.

rr, I need some of gambs' top-shelf stuff, please!

Also, I'd kill for some hot & sour soup.

What exactly is hot & sour soup? We may drop to 40 degrees this weekend overnight...peeps down here in Palm Beach are freaking out already. Lol

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Haha - sounds like LA. Oh no, the cold!

Hot & sour soup is a delicious spicy Chinese (I think) soup with tofu, mushrooms, sometimes chicken. Lemongrass too, I believe.

*Homer drool*

TreyYuen-HotSour.jpg
    hedonist wrote: »
    Haha - sounds like LA. Oh no, the cold!

Hot & sour soup is a delicious spicy Chinese (I think) soup with tofu, mushrooms, sometimes chicken. Lemongrass too, I believe.

*Homer drool*

TreyYuen-HotSour.jpg

Ok I've had that, in fact when I was in recovery from foot surgery I had lots of Chinese food. Do they call it something else just curious?

Peace

Maybe the name given is a regional thing? I've only known it by that all my life here.

And I don't know why, but it tastes so much better in one of those special soup spoons vs the regular kind.

I hope your foot's doing better! I remember reading you were going through a lot of physical hurdles.
    To all that need healing,I'm thinking some positive vibes your way.Hedo,I'm trying to find a nice Persian Matzo ball for ya,no luck yet.May have to invent one.
    G,I'm in Naples setting my daughter into a new condo(needs daddy's $$$$$).already an artic 64 degrees.May have to break out a hoody when I'm back in the 561 tonight.lol
    Peace y'all .
  • Lmao.. That's too funny! Meanwhile we just survived 16 hours of 27 below with freezing rain, ice pellet thunderstorm, thunder snow, then it just shit snow on us for another four hours.. Then.. The very next day.. 52 degrees.. Gotta love Colorado! Lol
    rr165892 wrote: »
    To all that need healing,I'm thinking some positive vibes your way.Hedo,I'm trying to find a nice Persian Matzo ball for ya,no luck yet.May have to invent one.
    G,I'm in Naples setting my daughter into a new condo(needs daddy's $$$$$).already an artic 64 degrees.May have to break out a hoody when I'm back in the 561 tonight.lol
    Peace y'all .
    Aw, thanks rr! Got lots of rest and sleep, and feeling about 90% this morning.

By the way, there's a Persian version (hey, that rhymes!) of chicken soup with no matzo balls but with dried whole lemons. It was a cure-all when I got sick as a child.

Congrats to your daughter on her new place! Even with parents' assistance (financial or otherwise), it's such an exciting event.
    rr165892 wrote: »
    Peace y'all .

My foot gets better and stronger every day. All of my team of doctors and therapists say it'll take a year to feel complete with the rest of my body. I just reached the half way point after recovering for 3-4 months.

That soup image is making hungry, I'm getting that on my next Chinese food hunger urge.

Naples, FL the west side of our state...beautiful over there on the Gulf and much more laid back there than amped pace we live here near the Palm Beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Have great day everybody it's overcast, windy (great day to fly my 30ft kite, 20 years old this summer) and good for sleeping as Evenflo jams on my bedside Clock radio.

Peace

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    Whether you be inundated by snow or parched with drought, I wish you all well (glad you've on the mend, H., best wishes for your healing foot, g under p) and have a great weekend everyone. Time to get to work.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Thank you Brian! And hope you're healing is quick, rr! And your Persian soup sounds heavenly g under p! I love flavorful foods. Have a great weekend everyone!!
    Whispering,As a kid my folks were split(like everyone of that era we were the latch key generation).I split time in the late 70s and early 80s between my moms house and my primary residence in Fl and Playing ball in the spring at my dads place which was just outside of Durango,Co in the four corners area.We were technically in NM but that whole area is kinda one big metro that's way spread out.Purgatory(now Durango Ski Mtn) and Wolf Creek were our local ski spots and I rember the shitty cold weather and the quick temp changes.Great to visit,shitty to live in.I love the Balmy tropical weather,the beach and waterways and lots of that big round glowing sun.I invite any and all who are sick and tired of grey skies,cold weather,chapped lips,icy roads and pale skin to pack up your shit and move to a place that skips the shitty seasons.We got room,come on down.No State taxes and shorts year round.but no med MJ,sorry
    And yeah that everyone is on the mend.

It feels like a coal fire pizza night.......
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Coal fired pizza huh? I have heard of such a thing but it sounds gross to me. I grew up with a coal furnace heating our house and coal smoke is acrid, bitter, and sulphuric. It lacks the elegance and tastiness of wood smoke, particularly apple-wood. I used to burn fresh apple blossoms from our apple tree, they give such a delightful caramelized scent you can almost taste them as they smoke.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Ride On. AC/DC.

"one of these days ".
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Dude,I went balls deep on the pizza.The Mrs and I couldn't come to terms on our usual shared fav,so we had to do 2 separate pies.Had first dinner around 7.30 and came back for a much more munchified feast around midnight.I have a carb hangover this morning as sat night is my carb cheat night.So a little foggy from the food.
    The coal fire just gives the crust a little chalking and yes the smokey flavor but damn boy,it is goooood.W fresh Mozzerrella and a homemade marinara.mmmmm
    You make it sound delish! Delish enough to banish the memories of shoveling coal into the coal window of the basement, tasting that acrid smoke, and worst of all, spring-cleaning the soot out of the corners and pulling down the black cobwebs. There is some happy nostalgia there though. It's funny how your childhood memories of the crappy chores eventually become fond memories...
    edited January 2015
    Now I'll blow your mind with the ironic.As I walked in the door,with the tasty pies my wife has one of her all time fav movies on.Sissy spacek and Tommy lee jones in"Coal Miners Daughter" I shit you not.And the scene where his face is covered in black soot and he gives her the book on married sex was playing just at that time.weirdsville Huh?
    Complete coincidence and until you brought up the coal thing it didn't even occur to me.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    We ordered in pizza from a new (for us) place last night. Wowza! Maybe not coal-fired but definitely wood-fired. It and the meatball sandwich were piping hot and slightly charred. Looking forward to leftovers later.

Currently watching a documentary about a woman who was a prisoner at Auschwitz...guessing she's the last of the last from whom we can directly hear experiences. My sense of needing to see this is likely to be overtaken by the gravity of the subject, know what I mean? Riveting, but heavy for 9am on Sunday morning.

Hope you fine people are enjoying the morning / day in your ways.

(fuck me - now they're onto people being tattooed...think it might be time for me to find some "happy" music!)
    Very heavy for a Sunday morning.But important not to forget.Maybe throw on some Eagles music that should add some chill balance,then ramp things up a little with some Clash.
    Callen,what the hell is that picture your running now.
    Callen's dashboard?

My guy despises the Eagles (except for the covers of Hotel California by either Igor Presnyakov or Cornell). In fact, gonna put that on now. Thanks for the suggestion.
    We watched one recently, maybe titled "Children of Hitler", maybe not I csnt remember...it was really good, it was about the grandchildren of nazis (SS guys, some of the big daddies like Goethe and Himmler) trying to pry secrets from their parents and deal with their legacy. Very good and not crazy morbid. The Himmlers I believe it was, they decided to sterilize themselves and end the family line!