The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited January 2015
    Happy Friday Loungers.Long week!!!Ehhh. Hope everyone is super chill and in good spirits.What are we partaking in this evening? I'm going to start slow and build up from there.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    wolf-wall-street-dance.gif
    mcconaughey-wolf-of-wall-street-gif.gif
    edited January 2015
    Hedo what Incense scent do you guys dig?Fun fact for ya, although not much filming takes place here American Horror Story is set in my town.Jupiter Fl.Although we have no carnies here.Its still cool to be the setting.Most is filmed in Louisanna.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    Gambs what is the final name chosen for the JR bearded one?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    rr165892 wrote: »
    Hedo what Incense scent do you guys dig?Fun fact for ya, although not much filming takes place here American Horror Story is set in my town.Jupiter Fl.Although we have no carnies here.Its still cool to be the setting.Most is filmed in Louisanna.
    Very cool about the setting! That show is sickly-twisted and a blast to watch.

We like woodsy scents - cedar, holly, evergreen, sandalwood. And my dispensary has some really nice mixes too. Visiting them after work!

For Jason :-D
    elaine-benes-dancing.gif
    hedonist wrote: »
    You've made me smile probably more than you know.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wT8GGSOy_lM
    One of my favorite versions! Found it ironic that the pop-up ad at the bottom was "Why Men Pull Away" :ar!
    hedonist wrote: »

For Jason :-D
    elaine-benes-dancing.gif

She stole my moves ... 8-|
    Happy Friday Loungers.Long week!!!Ehhh. Hope everyone is super chill and in good spirits.What are we partaking in this evening? I'm going to start slow and build up from there.

tumblr_ml07efRlVV1qd438eo1_500.gif
    strikeout-o.gif
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hahaha Jason P the best part is when he shakes it off and immediately lies in the fetal position for a nap lol! Best scene in the movie!
    RR we are far from choosing a name...far, far from it lol. We have until April so no hurry. The family thought Jean Claude Van Gambs was funny so everyone is using Jean Claude in the meantime, which fits because he's a kickpunchin fool.
    I thought of you alot in the thread on corporal punishment, wondering where you stand. I didn't stand where folks might have expected me to, and I thought it would be funny if we were on opposite sides, me with the more conservative opinion and you with the more liberal.

Sandalwood is the best! My cousin makes a sandalwood scented soap and lotion that leaves me sniffin my hands all the time lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Jason P wrote: »

tumblr_ml07efRlVV1qd438eo1_500.gif

I do that with brandy.

In fact... :-?

gambs, you could just call him JC and it'll always be a family joke (the name, not him!)
  • Brian

We have one small used book store where I live. Every time we drove by it my daughter said she wants to go in and see. About six months later of her always saying that I surprised her by taking her to that store.

We were in there for 3hrs. The owners could not believe how her love for books and her insight towards authors could carry a conversation for so long. I did not say a word, my daughter held the conversation the entire time. (she is 13)

My regret now was not bringing her six months ago.

You never know what your child will put on your plate.

I know that wasn't directed toward me, but man! Nice post up there.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    Brian

We have one small used book store where I live. Every time we drove by it my daughter said she wants to go in and see. About six months later of her always saying that I surprised her by taking her to that store.

We were in there for 3hrs. The owners could not believe how her love for books and her insight towards authors could carry a conversation for so long. I did not say a word, my daughter held the conversation the entire time. (she is 13)

What a great story, PJfan! I so totally love it when kids and young people (which is like just about everyone to me these days, hahaha!), come into the store and dig it. This is why we do it and here's a great joke to illustrate:

A lawyer, a doctor and a used bookseller are talking and one of them says, "What would you do if you won the five million dollar lottery prize?"

The doctor says, "Why, I'd take my wife on a cruise around the world like we've always talked about doing."

The Lawyer say, "I'd buy that big estate I saw for sale up there on west shore of Lake Tahoe."

The bookseller say, "I'd sell used books until I went broke."

Haha!

Happy Weekend, friends! Cheers! :-D

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Brian

Well done.Keeping that flame lit.
    rgambs wrote: »
    Hahaha Jason P the best part is when he shakes it off and immediately lies in the fetal position for a nap lol! Best scene in the movie!
    RR we are far from choosing a name...far, far from it lol. We have until April so no hurry. The family thought Jean Claude Van Gambs was funny so everyone is using Jean Claude in the meantime, which fits because he's a kickpunchin fool.
    I thought of you alot in the thread on corporal punishment, wondering where you stand. I didn't stand where folks might have expected me to, and I thought it would be funny if we were on opposite sides, me with the more conservative opinion and you with the more liberal.

Sandalwood is the best! My cousin makes a sandalwood scented soap and lotion that leaves me sniffin my hands all the time lol

Gambs,I went ahead and posted in the Death Penalty thread.I didn't want to soil our oasis of zen and calm here in the lounge with my response.But as I'm sure you know my stance is not falling on the bleeding heart side.But enough of that.

It's Saturday and we are heading up to The Hard Rock in Orlando for The kick ass Papa Roach and Seether show tonight.The venue GM is a friend so we have special acces passes, comp booze,After party,etc....Should be a fairly toxic evening.I can't wait.Papa Roach kills it live(I don't care who makes fun of me,they rock).First concert of 2015 for me so,good one to get blood flowing.

Hedo,we have always rocked the Nag Champa,Patchoulli Forrest or real pinion(smells like the SW at Xmas).Mix that with a few great scented candles and some great tea from teavana and the house smells awesome.
    Papa Roach! :P

hqdefault.jpg
    Not a big fan of Papa Roach but kinda like what I've heard from Seether.

I'm gonna have to search out this real pinion business - sounds like something I'd dig.

Enjoy the shows, rr!
    Thanks and it's just Pinion.From the Pinion tree.
    There is something surreal about being quite buzzed on this overcast afternoon and coming upon the Golden Globes "entrances" on I don't even know what channel.

What a weird life to live, to give into. Public eye, made-up (and badly, at that), the embracing of - need for - sycophants, whoring out wardrobe and jewelry.

Why is this profession so revered?
    And don't get me wrong, I appreciate a well-made film and those who contribute.

But my goodness, I'd expect Ryan Seacrest and the like to be having a satisfied smoke now after what seems to be multiple O's over George fucking Clooney.

*guess I'll turn to music instead B-)
    It is one seriously weird circle jerk of a world they live in. Talentless people patting each other on the ass and people with talent pretending the talentless have a place among them. Weird.
    They are just people like us,who fart and burp and get sick.I know I wouldn't want to live the public life fish bowl.The money Wouldnt be worth it.As artists some should be celebrated.Streep,Williams,Hanks,etc for their great works of art.But I agree some of the gossip and pageantry are ridiculous.
    I turned off the GG it was kinda boring this year.
    edited January 2015
    Im listening to Harvest, which I think is Neil Young's best album, and probably the best album of all time... And I am thinking about how an album needs to be cohesive for me to really consider it great. There are 2 albums in particular I am thinking of that suffer from "one of these songs is not like the other"... Vs. has Glorified G holding it back and why the Beatles put Drive My Car on Rubber Soul is beyond me. Luckily it's number 1 so it's easy to drop the needle right past it. Both albums are great but with songs that fit better they would be top 5 all time to me. Harvest is very cohesive, so are Ten, Dark Side of the Moon, and Zeppelin Four, and to me it really makes the difference between great albums and the greatest of albums.
    Tool's albums are very cohesive Aenima and Lateralus are masterful, but Maynards sound is a little narrow overall.
    Track order matters alot too, it sucks to have 1 side that's weaker or doesn't flow well. Ok I am done rambling now, may the albums of your life be filled with variety and yet be cohesive.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    There are English and American releases of Rubber Soul. Can't remember which one starts off with I've Just Seen a Face, but it's perfect. I think that's the one I've got on vinyl somewhere around here.

And agreed on Tool but NOT on the Maynard comment!
    You have to add Black in Black,The First Van Halen album,The Wall,Superunknown,Dirt,Nevermind,PhysicalGraffitti and Journey Escape
    I went to sleep to side 2 of Rubber Soul every night the entire time I was in 8th grade and side 1 was my mourning jams everyday too. I wish I had the version with Ive Just Seen a Face!! That would have been badass...or For No One, always wished that was the opener.

Nice additions RR i agree on all counts and would add Yellow Brick Road as the first one that pops off my head at the moment.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    One of this band's best intro ever!.......

http://youtu.be/Eh_9NY56Sxw

:)) peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)