The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited December 2014
    :-w
    Post edited by hedonist on
    This board's been messing with me the last few days!

Anyway, bit of Christmas, Tommy-style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpos7LZrQk
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    G,we don't need snow in the 561.We spike our store bought nog with all kinds of goodies.
    .All while enjoying a warm Christmas sea breeze and about 72 degrees.I always feel like we are that Corona Christmas commercial with the Christmas lights on the palm tree.I personally prefer a more tropical and balmy Christmas to the traditional freeze your ass off kind.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Gambs.Cyrus reminds me of Cyrus the Virus from con air.My sons middle name and my Grandfathers name is David so If River Isnt a go,my vote is David.His friends can call him DG for short.Thats kinda stout.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    rgambs wrote: »
    Benjamin, David, Cyrus, Andrew are the top picks right now and I like Grizzly, Stone, and River but Mom doesn't approve of those lol

My grandfather's name was Barrington; everyone called him Barry. I always thought I'd use the name if I had a son (no luck there).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I got a washing machine for xmas! Not quite as exciting as the Super Nintendo I got in 1992, but oh well.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    Jason P wrote: »
    I got a washing machine for xmas! Not quite as exciting as the Super Nintendo I got in 1992, but oh well.

How on earth does one wrap a washing machine, Jason? Sound like fun. If it were a dryer I'd of said, "Spin spin"!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Or, "wash, my love".

A washing machine may be unexciting, but it'd be SO nice to have one in-house!
    Whoa, Ella! Here's to rocking the fuck ON.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKTg6VhkafU
  • Jason P wrote: »

It could add some fun into your ahem, affairs. :-\"
    hedonist wrote: »
    Or, "wash, my love".

Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    Or, "wash, my love".

Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    Ahh, nice.

One of my favorite songs / lyrics, too.

(plus we got a bunch of laundry done this morning!)
    This song was on my mind today and I needed to find it and listen to it again. Thought I'd share it with you folks in the Lounge Car.

I'm not as good at posting as some of you but here's the link nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2NzaE9Bs5w

Bedouin Soundclash - When the Night Feels My Song
    ^^^ Cool song and, wow!, those harmonies. Nice! Thanks Oftenreading!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

By the way, I liked this such that I want to learn a little more about Bedouin SOundclash and found this on wiki:

"During the recording of Sounding a Mosaic, Bedouin Soundclash formed a close bond with producer Darryl Jenifer of Bad Brains, with whom they continue to work today. Despite drastic differences in sound, Bedouin Soundclash and Darryl Jenifer are set to release a collaborative Bad Brains vs. Bedouin Soundclash mash-up."

Interesting! I like the concept!

Took today off and stumbled upon a block of old Looney Tunes on the Cartoon Network.

I feel like a kid :-D
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Hope you all will have a great night and a wonderful, healthy and lucky NEW YEAR !
    Cheers ! :)>- >:D<
    kce8 wrote: »
    Hope you all will have a great night and a wonderful, healthy and lucky NEW YEAR !

You too kce! Any everybody! Have a safe and happy New Year!

<:-P

• g under p wrote: »
    Hey everybody happy happy holidays.....trying to make egg nog AND it's not going well. I need snow outside for it to work, i just can't get it right down here in Palm Beach FL.

peace and joy people

I need to google that!! ( always wondered how to make Egg Nog.. Just realized, I can google that!)
    kce8 wrote: »

Thank you!! You as well Kce!
    Hope everyone keeps safe if going out to celebrate.

We're staying in; want to be able to indulge in comfort, not to mention avoid the wasted assholes out there on the roads.

Just ordered in from our favorite Italian place! And pretty sure I'll be out well before midnight as usual :-D

What're you fine folks up to for the evening?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,670
    edited January 2015
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Hope everyone keeps safe if going out to celebrate.

We're staying in; want to be able to indulge in comfort, not to mention avoid the wasted assholes out there on the roads.

Just ordered in from our favorite Italian place! And pretty sure I'll be out well before midnight as usual :-D

What're you fine folks up to for the evening?

Working tonight, through to tomorrow morning. Lucky me! I will have friends over for dinner tomorrow, though. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve, everyone.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I turned 29 today, celebrating with some cupcakes, scotch, sour diesel, and blues traveller. Take care of yourself PJ fans.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Aw, mickey! Love Sinatra and despite the melancholy of the song itself, it has been a very good year, one for which I'm thankful. I hope for the same this coming one.

oftenreading, hope you get some OT out of that. I think it's enough just to celebrate in your own way; the how is more important than the when.

And gambs! A very happy birthday to you, sir. I dig me some sour diesel (got some nice stuff at my newly-reopened dispensary earlier today).
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited January 2015
    oh shit! It's new years eve, whoa.
    I read that in the voice of Jeff Spicoli :-D
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    rgambs wrote: »
    I turned 29 today, celebrating with some cupcakes, scotch, sour diesel, and blues traveller. Take care of yourself PJ fans.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY rgamps ! Hope you had a great day - enjoy!
    I am just back home from my party (...very quiet this year...) so Happy New Year !
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    My toast to all ye hobbits! Happy New Year!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iG6Uy5d7u0E
  • Jason P wrote: »
    My toast to all ye hobbits! Happy New Year!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iG6Uy5d7u0E
    You too man.
    Final Fantasy was a great game growing up and still is now.
    Black_Mage_-_FIR3.gif
    edited January 2015
    Every time a new (edit and excuuuuse me!) "LOTR" film comes out, my husband wants to watch and I :-w because I can't remember the history of this fucking long-ass story.

Still, I wish ye a happy new year as well, Jason. You've made me smile probably more than you know.
    Post edited by hedonist on