The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Thank you all so much - I just have to stay calm for my son and support him (he´s at home).
    If I write I am overwhelmed so I will explain it later. Thank you
  • kce8 wrote: »
    Thank you all so much - I just have to stay calm for my son and support him (he´s at home).
    If I write I am overwhelmed so I will explain it later. Thank you

Warmest of thoughts for you and your family
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
    Thank you all.
    My son is going to see his friends now so I can take the time to explain.
    Four of my sons best friends (2 boys 2 girls) had an awful car accident Saturday night.
    They have all fought for their lifes. Three are stabil now but my sons best friend is still in coma. He´s just 18 since November and has a hematoma on his brain stem - they can do nothing but they say he now has a 50% chance - to survive!
    The drivers parents (17) don´t give any informations but his complete jaw is wrecked and both boys have broken vertebra of the neck. The youngest girl (16) will never walk again but she is awake now. The other girl hopes that her lungs will recover and so she can live without a machine. They all have broken rips and shoulders or legs. But they are still alive!
    It was one of the rare times that my son and his best friend wasn´t at the same party - and now he´s feeling bad that he didn´t drove back as they called. He was tired so he told them he
    wouldn´t come. Both boys were drunk and my son didn´t know that they would take the car. He now think he could have prevent this all. I just could scream.
    Three days waiting for some good news I am really down now. There is nothing to say...only wait if he will survive. And what will that mean then?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I imagine you've been hugging your son extra tight.

These kids, to have control over something so powerful, then throw alcohol into the mix. It's just tragic, and I hope over time, your son knows he couldn't dictate the actions of his friends.

Again, I'm so sorry. It sounds horribly sad all around.

A couple of years ago, when my nephew was about your son's age, a similar accident occurred here. He lost one of his best friends to it, so many lives changed in a moment.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Kce8,We all think the older they get the easier it is.Not the case.
    If your looking for some light in this dark tunnel,sounds to me like this easily could Have been 4 funerals your son would need to attend.All are still ALIVE.So there is hope.There is something to hold onto.
    With events as impactful as this I think sometimes we see a young life get thrust into a new direction.As bad as it seems now something wonderful could and does emerge impacting those who have been touched.For example,maybe this saves multiple other lives in the future because some young person used this as a wake up call,ya know.The universe works in mysterious ways.
    This will have a big lifelong effect on your son and guiding him to use it for good is how you can be part of the healing.
    The Lounge is always a place to speak your heart and not be judged.None of us would let that happen.so open up when needed.Your PJ family is always here.
    Tonight's toast is to your son,and his friends.May everyone stay strong and get healthy soon.
    Nicely said, rr. Toasting from here as well.
    It´s 1:30 am here now and I can´t sleep.
    As my son came home he told me that his friend has problems with the medication. He´s got a allergic reaction in his lungs. They wanted to wake him up tomorrow to see if he would be stabil but now they won´t do that until next week. He´s such a funny and lovely young man I don´t want to imagine he could not come to visit us again. I know him since 10 years and I can say we all love him.
    The other boy´s mother said her son will survive but is still lying in coma too.
    My son don´t show any feelings anymore. It´s just so hard to stay so calm if he is around. And being alone with that doesn´t help. Have no glue how to make it later today when we got the family for Christmas - not that I am ready with my preparations or anything for getting guests....But I can´t let my parents sit alone at home...
    Think I´m feeling better now - thank you again for all your nice words and wishes!
    Maybe we get better informations tomorrow.
    Good night
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Don't worry about Christmas preparations or getting ready for guests. You are doing what is most important now - being there for your son as you help each other through this. Everyone else will understand, and if they don't, that's their problem. Here's hoping for some good news now and wishing you a measure of peace over Christmas.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    kce8, sending out big-time good thoughts for you and your son. I know from experience it's tough when young people- especially one's you love- go through something like this. I hope we'll here some good news from you soon- in the meantime, know that you have a lot of support here from me and these good folks on the PJ forum.
    Best wishes for you and yours,

Brian
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited December 2014
    Everyone has said exactly what I wanted to convey, so I will support them
    All in their conveyances. My heart hurts for your son. When I was 12 I lost my best friend in a freak accident, that literally became town legend. I can only imagine how your son feels at this point, but Hedonist is right, your son could not have known they'd take the car, nor could he make that decision for them. I don't have any children, so I can't sympathize with how you feel, but I CAN empathize. And I am praying every hour for those children, their parents, you and your son. Hugs to all of you. Please keep us updated.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
    Cannot thank you enough for all your empathy and support!

Sorry to hear about your friend whispering hands. Things like that will never be forgotten1

3 am and I really need some sleep. But i just wanted to wish you all

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A GREAT TIME WITH YOUR FAMILYS AND FRIENDS!
    To you too.

Kind of odd music choice for us this evening, but we're on a Deftones roll.

Chino Moreno has some kind of nice, rich, rough voice. Almost in some ways, like Thom Yorke.

Again, good wishes to my fellow German!
    Hope you are going with The song Swerve City Hedo? One of my favs to lift to.Local boys for you guys in Cali.
  • Thank you Kce8! She was a really neat girl, one if the few rich kids I ever got along with! I think about her every time I go horseback riding. And it's really odd I had brought her up.. Her sister lives out here now, and by freaky chance met MY sister, so now I have Misty's old Lariat.( you know, the thing you rope cows with). My sister gave it to be tonight, It made me cry.. I'm going riding with Chanel ( the surviving sister) this Friday.. And I know we'll end up spending our ride talking about Misty.

Hedo, do NOT know why The Deftones made me think of The Kottonmouth Kings!! But it did!! Hahaha!! Totally brought back memories of Cali!

Merry
    Christmas everyone!
    A little Southern Comfort and Willie Nelson's Christmas album on the turntable and I'm feelin' fine as frogs hair.

Cheers and Happy Holidays all!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Happy,Happy for those to whom it applies today.I hope Everone is getting plenty of love and laughs from family and friends.And eating some good eats.Cheers
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Butternut squash pie!
    Merry christmas to you fine folks! I feel a scotch and hash kind of evening rolling my way, and on the stereo will be IMO the single greatest album ever, Neil Young's Harvest.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Ah, Christmas and Willie sounds like a fine combination, as does Harvest on this incredibly clear and beautiful morning. But Deftones was perfect last night - but I don't think that song came up, rr.

Currently enjoying a coffee and bowl, and will make some cinnamon buns later - the Pillsbury kind, but I'm cooking later so this shortcut is allowed :)

I'll be joining you on the libations and whatnot this evening, gambot!
  • A cup of coffee and the last mystic brownie.. Then off to my sister's/ my old house for Christmas dinner, and to make more "brownies". :-)
    A cup of coffee and the last mystic brownie.. Then off to my sister's/ my old house for Christmas dinner, and to make more "brownies". :-)
    Sounds yummy, whispering. We still have leftover cookie in the fridge, but that shit knocks me OUT.

Enjoy your ride tomorrow!
    Your mention of your sister's/your old house made wonder how many of us (in the general age range) still have access to our childhood homes? My sister-in-law owns/lives in the house they grew up in, and I was envious of my husband's ability to visit there.

What with divorce of parents, moving, other life changes, etc., seems that is lost.

My two childhood homes are in the area, and occasionally I'll drive by and resist the urge to ask the owners if I could take a peek inside or even in the backyard.

Damn you, nostalgia!
    edited December 2014
    Coffee and a nice spacey little bowl hangover. Feeling good! Happy Day, friends!

(Finally spelled coffee correctly, thus the edit, haha!)

• hedonist wrote: »
    Your mention of your sister's/your old house made wonder how many of us (in the general age range) still have access to our childhood homes? My sister-in-law owns/lives in the house they grew up in, and I was envious of my husband's ability to visit there.

What with divorce of parents, moving, other life changes, etc., seems that is lost.

My two childhood homes are in the area, and occasionally I'll drive by and resist the urge to ask the owners if I could take a peek inside or even in the backyard.

Damn you, nostalgia!

We're alllllll from Cali ( Southern) but when she got her divorce, I bought out the house from her ex husband, and moved in, so the kids didn't have to change schools, and leave where they were used to living, or their friends etc. then I lost my job at the Hospital, and ended up selling it to HER. Now she's having to sell the house.. As for childhood homes, we've had so many, it's hopeless to try to keep count! Lol anyhow life is funny like that.. Merry Christmas Hedo. And thanks for the well wishing on my ride, it's going to be a trip. I haven't seen this girl in like almost 30 years!! And the last time I really saw her was falling the fuck apart at her sister's funeral. ( her family moved away after that.. But seeing how her mom saw her daughter's death from their kitchen window, I can't blame them.) anyhow, it's going to be a unique reunion. That and I haven't ridden English in as many years, should make it interesting!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    Hey everybody happy happy holidays.....trying to make egg nog AND it's not going well. I need snow outside for it to work, i just can't get it right down here in Palm Beach FL.

peace and joy people
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote: »
    Hey everybody happy happy holidays.....trying to make egg nog AND it's not going well. I need snow outside for it to work, i just can't get it right down here in Palm Beach FL.

peace and joy people

I need to google that!! ( always wondered how to make Egg Nog.. Just realized, I can google that!)
    Belly full, scotch in hand, bowl at the ready...stereo giving me Yeild, Harvest, and Four by Blues Traveller... Wish we could all toast up together...with Eddie too lol now theres a merry Christmas wish!
    Happy Holidays !

rgambs : what names on your current list for the boy?
    Benjamin, David, Cyrus, Andrew are the top picks right now and I like Grizzly, Stone, and River but Mom doesn't approve of those lol
    oh not Cyrus - was first thinking of Miley C. no way!
    No River ?! Ohhh :-<
    Benjamin is beautiful :)>-